V6 Ecotec supercharged

Exhaust:

Supercharge Exstractors, 2.5" right through

Suspension:

Lowered King springs

Wheels:

AMG 18"

Modifications:

C.A.P.A supercharger kit, Yella Terra 9-1 rockers, quick shift kit, ported heads, water injection, steering wheel, gear knob, lumines dash, HSV pedals, boost guage, tail lights, head lights, window tint, number plate panel, clubsport body kit and a Monaro bonnet.

Estimated Power:

330-340hp on last dyno test, cant remember exact figures but it was somewhere around there

Another one of the old mans builds, just can't keep him away from his toys rolleyes.gif

This car was brought at an auction as a shell with an engine and interior but no front seats or wheels, just black stockies.

So he built it up, put a clubsport body kit on it and a monaro bonnet, a nice set of 18" wheels, dropped it to the ground abit, gave it a fresh coat of paint and did some work to the motor. Then he decided to put a c.a.p.a supercharger kit on it, running 10 pound boost getting 330-340 hourse power at the rear wheels. But that was with an automatic gear box. So now he has gone and brought a 5 speed gear box to put in it which will be much better when he gets round to putting it in. He is currently busy helping a certin someone out with a ke70 haha

Thought i would throw it up since i get to drive it a fair bit biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Longey: Oct 13 2011, 10:04 PM
1999 Holden Commodore Vt  C.a.p.a Supercharger

--------------------
The Purple People Eater

Comments

• Boost Network 0
  • matto9018
    Post #2

I wouldn't mind that mate, bonnet kills abit tho
    Clean VT too

_Ben
    Post #3

Looks like your pride and joy, nice and clean. smile.gif

turbo x-trail
    Post #4

Finally! A well done Holden...

+1 to your old man's work!

socal
    Post #5

Fuck that's neat.

Stephen92
    Post #6

It looks so so goooood in the Fourth picture ohmy.gif

tomopo
    Post #7

Looks really clean

LuKeY
    Post #8

Beast!

gutless
    Post #9

nice.

666 FC
    Post #10

Well done to you old man. Look clean and got some balls to biggrin.gif

TPG
    Post #11

You're old man must have a bit of coin

boost bogan
    Post #12

members rides, i guess ill just go post my dads impreza then :S

KammdUP
    Post #13

340 non intercooled at 10 pound? Hmmm

benji_xrt
    Post #14

Thinking the same thing, how does that thing go for heat?

Looking good tho.

clutch-it
    Post #15

nice and clean mate good to see u look after it

ajr1990
    Post #16

mm not bad!

wish all the pictures would work tho =(

Distinctive.Detail
    Post #17

Your dad has skills.

Lucky lucky bloke.

BigSpAzZ
    Post #18

id fuck it

vy57ss
    Post #19

QUOTE (KammdUP @ Oct 14 2011, 01:44 AM) *
    340 non intercooled at 10 pound? Hmmm

X2 forsure, those kits are only rated at 215kw at the fly

MR_JORDZ
    Post #20

clean!!

4x4_Commodore
    Post #21

QUOTE (vy57ss @ Oct 14 2011, 12:32 PM) *
    X2 forsure, those kits are only rated at 215kw at the fly

Guys, he said 340hp, not kw. That would be about 253kw. That's the same power of a standard VX LS1. Sounds about right to me.

Nice build. I'm against putting HSV bodykits on 6 cyls, but if it's got some poke I guess it's alright. Nice and clean too

Longey
    Post #22

My bad guys, just asked Dad about it, puts out 330, thought it was 340. Thought it was around there somewhere, wasnt far off. Once the manual 5 speed goes in it should be around 340hp

Note the internal work done aswell.

Handles the heat fine with the water injection+its not like he drives it everywhere under boost, only boots it every now and then.

Longey
    Post #23

QUOTE (4x4_Commodore @ Oct 14 2011, 04:43 PM) *
    Guys, he said 340hp, not kw. That would be about 253kw. That's the same power of a standard VX LS1. Sounds about right to me.

Nice build. I'm against putting HSV bodykits on 6 cyls, but if it's got some poke I guess it's alright. Nice and clean too

Cheers bro thumbsup.gif

TurboXR
    Post #24

Dont mind this at all, nothing over the top. Ok power figure, plans to intercool it and up the boost a little?

01BEN
    Post #25

As soon as I read "clubby bodykits" I thought for sure I was going to hate it, but tell ya what, looks really nice. The orange bits in the interior are a nice touch. props to your old boy looks great.

KammdUP
    Post #26

I'd still be keen to see a dyne sheet on this and what sort of inlet temps it's running, 250atw on 10 pound is a decent feat in these 6's so I'm interested to compare the power delivery of the centrifugal blower compared to my positive displacement eaton charger.

Longey
    Post #27

QUOTE (KammdUP @ Oct 14 2011, 11:46 PM) *
    I'd still be keen to see a dyne sheet on this and what sort of inlet temps it's running, 250atw on 10 pound is a decent feat in these 6's so I'm interested to compare the power delivery of the centrifugal blower compared to my positive displacement eaton charger.

It was dynoed when it was first built wich is a fare few years back now so i reckon the sheet is long gone, but ill have a look for it.

All i know is that its got 330HP at the weels, with the supercharger and internal work, water injection etc.

JDM26
    Post #28

330hp at the wheels is wayy too much, thats a whopping 330kw at the engine approximately with stock internals on an eccotech??? boosted falcons with this setup get aroung 230 -240 flywheel kw with the exact same set up. this would have 330hp at fly at most, Nice ride all the same though! like thumbsup.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x