• XQU53
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 19,150
Post #1 post 6th October 2011 - 09:39 AM
Engine: L98 6.0L with 232/234 Comp Cam

Exhaust: Pacemaker 1 3/4" Pacemakers, 3" Cats, Twin 3" F1 Catback

Suspension: Pedders Xtreme XA's Coilovers

Wheels: Stock SSV's powdercoated Satin Black

Modifications: Comp Cam 232/234, Valve Springs, VCM OTR, NPC Single Plate Ceramic Clutch, Billet Flywheel, Mafless Tune, Calais Bootlip Spoiler, SS Badges painted red to tie in with the red and black leather interior and red dash

Stereo Audio / Visual: Stock with roof mounted DVD Player

Estimated Power: 310rwkw/420rwhp

2006 Holden Commodore Ve Ssv

--------------------

Comments

• Boost Network 39
  • krayziebenno
    Post #2

tuff looking SS. loving the bootlip spoiler

Richie217
    Post #3

At this point I figure whinging about Chev badges isn't going to get me anywhere. Rest of the car looks good, like the red SS badges against the black paint. Nice power figure too.

unclepaulie
    Post #4

i like the red badges
    not keen on bowtie

VTR
    Post #5

QUOTE (unclepaulie @ Oct 6 2011, 10:01 AM) *
    i like the red badges
    not keen on bowtie

this

inb4jdm
    Post #6

Again with the badge. sigh.

looks good though.

53XXN_ST80
    Post #7

Looks tidy, would paint that chrome strip in the grill black tho... nice power figure for a cam n tune aye,i need more ls2 in my wh lol

1200datto
    Post #8

Front bowties not too bad but the rear one ruins it, debadge the boot just leave the red ss badge. Looks gd tho

Bug Boy
    Post #9

I like the red SS badges but what about a red Holden badge instead?

XQU53
    Post #10

Haha plenty of hate for the bowtie...oh well! Oh and personally I dont like the size of the Holden badges, far too big on the VE's.
    Cheers for the compliments too though!

euro540
    Post #11

QUOTE (Bug Boy @ Oct 6 2011, 12:27 PM) *
    I like the red SS badges but what about a red Holden badge instead?

it's powered by a chev is it not, so why is everyone having a cry when people put chev badges on them

mark1989
    Post #12

because if it was a chevorlet it would have been badged like it from the factory, it came with holden badges when brand new, therefore its a holden. quite simple really

gutless
    Post #13

QUOTE (euro540 @ Oct 6 2011, 01:19 PM) *
    it's powered by a chev is it not, so why is everyone having a cry when people put chev badges on them

L98 being a modified version of the L76, Being Holdens version of GMs Gen IV 6.0L and being Released in only Holdens and 3 Holden Exports(1 Pontiac,2 Chevrolet) would sound a bit silly to rave on about it really being a Chev engine when LS are GM engines to be distributed to whatever cars/trucks they see fit.

This being said, i like the look better than Holden badges lol.

ajr1990
    Post #14

more pictures would be good

Otherwise it is one sexy car!

clutch-it
    Post #15

i like it

anwonystylez
    Post #16

Just debadge the whole car?

But on the other hand, it is damn nice.

8URVTEC
    Post #17

looks mean

dan-828
    Post #18

only 310kw with how much you would of spent? bit riped off, my dads SSV ute puts out 350kw (479 HP) and its only had minor mods done to and just a tune on the dyno :S strange..

STIFLER
    Post #19

Friggin wicked car bud, if mine sounds half as good as yours i'll be stoked - FKI 17

mitch-10-02
    Post #20

I prefer the other one. with the green stripe. only because the wheels look better haha

ive seen both of those out in person and they sound pretty nuts..

haydyhart
    Post #21

wheres this at? i wanna hear one of them before i get my ute cammed

HGJAS350
    Post #22

QUOTE (mark1989 @ Oct 6 2011, 03:31 PM) *
    because if it was a chevorlet it would have been badged like it from the factory, it came with holden badges when brand new, therefore its a holden. quite simple really

Yet put one on a Torana, HQ, HG, ect and its cool and or no one says anything.

Just sayin

GTS33SOM
    Post #23

QUOTE (HGJAS350 @ Oct 7 2011, 05:01 AM) *
    Yet put one on a Torana, HQ, HG, ect and its cool and or no one says anything.

Just sayin

Probably cause there letting people know they have had a engine conversion... Not bragging about a oem part.

XQU53
    Post #24

QUOTE (dan-828 @ Oct 6 2011, 07:53 PM) *
    only 310kw with how much you would of spent? bit riped off, my dads SSV ute puts out 350kw (479 HP) and its only had minor mods done to and just a tune on the dyno :S strange..

Thats rear wheel kw's too. But probably spent about $7000 performance wise including the exhaust and clutch. 350rwkw's I highly doubt without any internal work (cam, etc.) Happy dyno maybe? But I guess strip times are the best indicator too

QUOTE (STIFLER @ Oct 6 2011, 07:55 PM) *
    Friggin wicked car bud, if mine sounds half as good as yours i'll be stoked - FKI 17

Haha cheers Ryno...all in time bud, you'll be hooked and wont be able to not give in to a cam!

QUOTE (haydyhart @ Oct 6 2011, 08:55 PM) *
    wheres this at? i wanna hear one of them before i get my ute cammed

Live down the coast mate. Can meet up somewhere if you wanted to? That or call in to Hi-Torque down the coast. Nearly always a cammed VE of some sort down there that you could listen to

Cheers for all the comments too guys...really happy with the car and its plenty of fun. I only went the bowties due to looking better on the car than the dinner plate Holden badges..not trying to turn it into/claim it as a Chev at all

8700s14
    Post #25

Those Chev badges are awesome

benji_xrt
    Post #26

Looks awesome!

tas_ae71
    Post #27

QUOTE (euro540 @ Oct 6 2011, 02:19 PM) *

there are plenty of people who put 1j's into silvias, dont see anybody recommending putting toyota badging on them.

+1 to badgeless rear.

it just seems a bit try hard? or sick kunt spec...

53XXN_ST80
    Post #28

Dunno bout it being 'try hard' its a 400+ rwhp cammed 8...good power and amazing noise,especially when under load smile.gif

Maybe itd be try hard if this were a 6...

X1000000 to debadge the whole boot

XQU53
    Post #29

QUOTE (53XXN_ST80 @ Oct 7 2011, 11:49 AM) *
    Dunno bout it being 'try hard' its a 400+ rwhp cammed 8...good power and amazing noise,especially when under load smile.gif

Maybe itd be try hard if this were a 6...

X1000000 to debadge the whole boot

Cheers bud, you had it have ya? Yea also considered debadging the rear and only leaving the red SS badges on the rear doors. Duno see how we go, might end up debadging

HGJAS350
    Post #30

QUOTE (GTS33SOM @ Oct 7 2011, 08:10 AM) *
    Probably cause there letting people know they have had a engine conversion... Not bragging about a oem part.

The argument is that it came from the factory a Holden, so a commodore can't have a chev badge, but a HK-T-G, HQ, Torana ect can. Please explain.

4x4_Commodore
    Post #31

QUOTE (dan-828 @ Oct 6 2011, 07:53 PM) *

Completely false unless you are talking about flywheel power. Then you are cutting yourself short

I challenge you to prove otherwise. You need either a cam swap, stroker or forced induction to hit that mark 'cheaply'

My dyno-happy SS with OTR, headers and exhaust makes 280rwkw. A mid size came will take that to 310-320 and a big cam (237/242 for example) will hit the 350-360 mark.

OT: Nice car as always! Need more photos up tho

haydyhart
    Post #32

QUOTE (XQU53 @ Oct 7 2011, 08:43 AM) *
    Thats rear wheel kw's too. But probably spent about $7000 performance wise including the exhaust and clutch. 350rwkw's I highly doubt without any internal work (cam, etc.) Happy dyno maybe? But I guess strip times are the best indicator too

Haha cheers Ryno...all in time bud, you'll be hooked and wont be able to not give in to a cam!

Live down the coast mate. Can meet up somewhere if you wanted to? That or call in to Hi-Torque down the coast. Nearly always a cammed VE of some sort down there that you could listen to

Cheers for all the comments too guys...really happy with the car and its plenty of fun. I only went the bowties due to looking better on the car than the dinner plate Holden badges..not trying to turn it into/claim it as a Chev at all

yea mate i live in burleigh. u ever go to the spit or anything else on weekends?

ive had a qoute of hitorque for a cam and tune

01BEN
    Post #33

honestly, I usualy fucking despise chevrolette badges on a holden, but I fucking love your car. the 6l must go hard with the that size cam

53XXN_ST80
    Post #34

QUOTE (XQU53 @ Oct 7 2011, 12:11 PM) *
    Cheers bud, you had it have ya? Yea also considered debadging the rear and only leaving the red SS badges on the rear doors. Duno see how we go, might end up debadging

Not sure what u mean by have i had it... if u mean have i heard it, no i just know what these sound like with a decent cam in it... i have a genIII Wh stato with hi flowed twin 2.5 inch exhaust,tri-y headers and 228/230 cam...

Yeh i love cammed 8's lol smile.gif

gutless
    Post #35

QUOTE (GTS33SOM @ Oct 7 2011, 08:10 AM) *

Those cars came OEM with a 350 Chev(iirc).

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
    Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x