2006 Holden Commodore SS Thunder VZ MY06 - QLD: Brisbane  

JHK91
  • JHK91
  • New User
  • Member No.: 248,857
Post #1 post 6th August 2012 - 12:09 PM
Here is my Vz thunder, only purchased the car a couple of months ago. so far its been great, only mods are exhaust and lowering it.
Plans are otr, cam,clutch and tune. Im going keep the wheels trying to keep it looking stock. C&C welcome and yes i no its not a chevy it
had that badge when i bought it and will be getting changed. head_wall.gif

[b]Engine: L98

[b]Exhaust:1 7/8" extractors, Hi flow cats,duel 3" center mufflers removed

[b]Suspension: Sssl rears and Ssl fronts

[b]Wheels: Stock 18"

[b]Modifications: So far only lowering and exhaust

[b]Stereo Audio / Visual:Alpine type s

[b]Estimated Power:200kw?

2006 Holden Commodore Ss Thunder Vz My06

Comments

• Boost Network 16
  • 53XXN_ST80
    Post #2

Nice base with the L98 mang!

Plans sound good, will be loud as funk without the rear mufflers or resonator!

I have a cammed ls1 with twin 2.5 and xforce mufflers (no resonator) and it is loud as hell!

Gl with it man, should be pushing over 400rwhp when it's done smile.gif

JHK91
    Post #3

Thanks mate, yeah ive been reading the forums for long while now but only just signed up so ive seen yours
    posted and its very nice. Yeah the l98 was a big selling point for me. In regards to the exhaust it does still have
    small rear mufflers, it was a Hurricane loud system which had 4 mufflers but had center two removed and smaller
    ones on back, its loud on full throttle but no drone on freeway etc its great.

Vomit
    Post #4

Looks great, wish I had the 6.0L.

Debaged looks nice and clean.

Doesn't look like SSSL rears though, think you'd at least be tucking tyre on 18's.

JHK91
    Post #5

there definitely sssl, it only had ssl when i bought it. I would like it lower in the back but the exhaust already scrapes on everything.

Vomit
    Post #6

QUOTE (JHK91 @ Aug 6 2012, 01:52 PM) *
    there definitely sssl, it only had ssl when i bought it. I would like it lower in the back but the exhaust already scrapes on everything.

Fair enough, mine looks lower and im running SSL all round. dunno.gif

Then again, I dont scrape on much.

Draven
    Post #7

Always liked the look of these, looks nice and tidy thumbsup.gif

1200datto
    Post #8

I don't like those aftermarket headlights at all. but otherwise very tastefully modded.

OverKilled
    Post #9

Like all of it cept the chev badge.

53XXN_ST80
    Post #10

QUOTE (JHK91 @ Aug 6 2012, 12:22 PM) *
    Thanks mate, yeah ive been reading the forums for long while now but only just signed up so ive seen yours
    posted and its very nice. Yeah the l98 was a big selling point for me. In regards to the exhaust it does still have
    small rear mufflers, it was a Hurricane loud system which had 4 mufflers but had center two removed and smaller
    ones on back, its loud on full throttle but no drone on freeway etc its great.

Thanks for the kind words man!

Yeah if I get another Holden v8, it will be a 6.0 or bigger. The 5.7 doesn't quite make the same power, and the new Fg's are getting quicker lol

Who dat
    Post #11

awesome smile.gif

53XXN_ST80
    Post #12

Oh, and another thing. Get some 3.9's put into your diff! Will liven it up heaps smile.gif

JHK91
    Post #13

Yeah ive looked into, eventually id like to put a harrap tru track with
    A diffrent ratio in it all depends on money but.

53XXN_ST80
    Post #14

I think you can get a tru trac for around the 2-2.2k mark. My rebuild was around $1400 with 3.7's and was offered to go tru trac for an extra $600

Edit - As twincam noticed below, probably advisable to get shortened driveshafts too lol

TwinCam16
    Post #15

Dat driveshaft angle ohmy.gif

cookie23
    Post #16

chev badge is a fail they are gay as aids

Goes_over_everything
    Post #17

QUOTE (cookie23 @ Aug 7 2012, 05:19 PM) *
    chev badge is a fail they are gay as aids

If you could read, It's says he bought it with it with the badge on there and it's getting changed. There for your comment is unnecessary
    Anyway I like it looks good smile.gif  

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x