Comments

• Boost Network 23
  • WOSSiiE
    Post #2

a commodore?

09ONE
    Post #3

You need to sort your intake piping.

I find it hard to believe that it would hold presure!

Gagginforit
    Post #4

Jesus man, fix it up a bit man. It could be a nice car, Remove them/all stickers, get some decent piping, try and use things other than rusty coat hangers and zip ties to hold stuff in place etc etc, you'd be suprised at how well $50 spent at supercheap could improve the look of that engine bay. Im not talking about chrome stickers or fake braided hose, im talking about cleaning products, a rivet gun, some paint, sand paper etc.

damos vn
    Post #5

been trying to get clean piping just dont have the cash laying around so how bout you throw some piping my way and ill fix it but for now she dose hold pressure and dose run 10psi this is my first turbo so its still getting there slowly...

damos vn
    Post #6

QUOTE (Gagginforit @ Jul 11 2011, 08:36 AM) *
    Jesus man, fix it up a bit man. It could be a nice car, Remove them/all stickers, get some decent piping, try and use things other than rusty coat hangers and zip ties to hold stuff in place etc etc, you'd be suprised at how well $50 spent at supercheap could improve the look of that engine bay. Im not talking about chrome stickers or fake braided hose, im talking about cleaning products, a rivet gun, some paint, sand paper etc.

what stickers?????? i only had the car for two months so i still working on it

Gagginforit
    Post #7

QUOTE (damos vn @ Jul 11 2011, 09:04 AM) *
    what stickers?????? i only had the car for two months so i still working on it

The one above stereo! or badge whatever it is, any really, all commodores have stupid stickers. What happened to the drivers door? I bet that passenger seat shits you off too, mate has a vs, we fixed his seat up with a ten min weld job, know anyone with a welder, take the seat to them, should be able to fix it pretty easy man rather than buying a new one.

Wont take too much to get her back to ship shape condition, all the basics are there!

ITS2EZ
    Post #8

do i seriously spot two zipties holding the intake pipe!!! fark me. needs a whole lot of time spent cleaning the bay up but could get there eventually.

Gagginforit
    Post #9

QUOTE (ITS2EZ @ Jul 11 2011, 09:31 AM) *
    do i seriously spot two zipties holding the intake pipe!!! fark me. needs a whole lot of time spent cleaning the bay up but could get there eventually.

My favorite is the rust coathanger holding the aircon pipe on the rhs!

swapsees
    Post #10

stop ya whingin all of ya! all i can say mate is good on ya. not bad for a first attempt 10 psi is still alright for a commodore. and for all you who have never owned a commodore.... 99.9% of commodores have a zip ties or fencin wire holding stuff at least somewhere in there car (other than factory) its a commodore thing so growup and stop givin the guy a hard time... i know what its like to have little cash laying around.... from wat i can tell, he has done well!
    and from wat I can see its only on the intake pipe, and the air con pipe? who could ggive a flying crap about sum wire holding a pipe SAFELY AWAY from the engine

Gagginforit
    Post #11

QUOTE (swapsees @ Jul 11 2011, 10:29 AM) *
    stop ya whingin all of ya! all i can say mate is good on ya. not bad for a first attempt 10 psi is still alright for a commodore. and for all you who have never owned a commodore.... 99.9% of commodores have a zip ties or fencin wire holding stuff at least somewhere in there car (other than factory) its a commodore thing so growup and stop givin the guy a hard time... i know what its like to have little cash laying around.... from wat i can tell, he has done well!
    and from wat I can see its only on the intake pipe, and the air con pipe? who could ggive a flying crap about sum wire holding a pipe SAFELY AWAY from the engine

Pipe down rubber duckie!

No ones really giving OP a hard dime, besides, he has only just got the thing! Cant be perfect from just purchased!

stealth vk
    Post #12

good base to work from mate, put some update pics on when you get there, would be good to see tidy

LuXbOi91
    Post #13

Not too bad mate Gotta start some where! Haters gunna hate

jace_vk
    Post #14

fuk yeh damo thats sik ive got a vp turbo wat happend to ya yellow vn 5.0l u probably dnt know who i am but im a mate of nutz and i been to ya house a few times with nutz im havin turbo problems too so dnt wry

damos vn
    Post #15

cheers fellas for all the advice will take time and muney to get it there but hey can only try and the zip ties were from the previous owner and now have been remove...............

damos vn
    Post #16

QUOTE (jace_vk @ Jul 11 2011, 01:05 PM) *
    fuk yeh damo thats sik ive got a vp turbo wat happend to ya yellow vn 5.0l u probably dnt know who i am but im a mate of nutz and i been to ya house a few times with nutz im havin turbo problems too so dnt wry

cheers bro it will get there eventually lol and the yellow one i sold to brendan mules wich im pretty sure he just droped turb in to that too

damos vn
    Post #17

QUOTE (Gagginforit @ Jul 11 2011, 09:33 AM) *
    My favorite is the rust coathanger holding the aircon pipe on the rhs!

dude there aint no rusty clothes hanger holding up my air con pipes as it dosent even have aircon connected lol you must be seeing things,,

damos vn
    Post #18

and hey at least im trying and own my car unlike some people the bank owns theres,, i have 6 children and not alot of money but what i do have and can get goes in to my car,,,, OPINIONS PLEASE WOULD YOU SWAP THE VS FOR A VL CALAIS ???????

MR_JORDZ
    Post #19

Hey man i'm also a friend of nutz,u wouldnt remember me but, Ive seen ur driveway and got a flash back,We droped me old diff and replaced it with a lsd diff there.

o.t good to see a ecotech turbo, not many around,and like every1 said, Tidy her up all in all good stuff

damos vn
    Post #20

QUOTE (damos vn @ Jul 11 2011, 01:58 PM) *
    dude there aint no rusty clothes hanger holding up my air con pipes as it dosent even have aircon connected lol you must be seeing things,,
    i see now what ya talking bout that my friend is my exhaust sensor wires lol all tucked away now

kcirraC
    Post #21

clean

Vx_S_Dumped
    Post #22

Come see me on the weekend and we will get a plan in place for her

damos vn
    Post #23

QUOTE (Vx_S_Dumped @ Jul 13 2011, 05:30 PM) *
    Come see me on the weekend and we will get a plan in place for her

cheers bud see ya saturday morning cant wait to see what you can do for her .....

Vx_S_Dumped
    Post #24

Depending on what u wanna spend. Polished plenum top. New turbo intake pipe (remove the factory CIA). Stainless pipe and silicone hose and then polish it all up.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x