20x8.5 and 20x10 vertini's

Modifications:
Atomic port polished head/match ported inlet manifold
atomic stage 4.5 camshafts and valve springs
atomic vernier cam gears
atomic lifter/HD timing chain and tensioner
atomic billet oil pump
plazamaman plenum/ xr8 throttle body
Custom forged ross pistons from usa (12.1 compression)
Scat Rods
Modified crankshaft
20% u/d pulley
550cc injectors
intank fuel pump
3000rpm stall
3.7 diff gears with kaaz locker
6speed auto

Stereo Audio / Visual:
standard
Estimated Power:
245rwkw.. more to come

Hey guy have posted up here before engine was built. Anyhow engine is back together and running well.

In a few weeks we will be testing some stage 5 'battle master' camshafts that atomic have kindly sent us. Also be fitting new 4500rpm stall and finally be able to raise limiter to 7500rpm. Hopefully a bit more power to come.. looking into itb's later on.. here are a few pics.. none of latest dyno sheet as tune hasnt been finalized as we are going to try bigger cams and fit bigger stall.. Prob missed some mods but oh well.

will be cleaned up once engine is finished.

In the build

OLD DYNO sheet (with 37 diff gears and 3000rpm stall standard motor 11.1comp)

how it used to look

A QUICK VIDEO (no speed limits were broken)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_GEjBbnRHA...eature=youtu.be

This post has been edited by TravRM: Feb 10 2012, 04:35 AM
2007 Ford Falcon Bf

Comments

• Boost Network 28
  • midnightxr6
    Post #2

soo much win! love it man

Glasshouse51
    Post #3

I like the wheels:)

But why not just turbo it? Unless you're on your P's.. But it's over the 200kW anyhow lol.

TravRM
    Post #4

yerr mate was on p's and just kinder got outter hand haha oh well i love driving it and still got some more tinkering to do.. also Prodyno did all the work.. Zane tunes it for me.. top blokes. more to come biggrin.gif

Wraith
    Post #5

All that time money and effort and it's still going to be shit. Sucks to be you sad.gif

Glasshouse51
    Post #6

QUOTE (TravRM @ Feb 10 2012, 11:37 PM) *
    yerr mate was on p's and just kinder got outter hand haha oh well i love driving it and still got some more tinkering to do.. also Prodyno did all the work.. Zane tunes it for me.. top blokes. more to come biggrin.gif

Turbo it. Even if you just pick up a setup off a standard xr6 turbo to start with

force6alex
    Post #7

weapon for a xr6

Who dat
    Post #8

looks good smile.gif

41TAR
    Post #9

Typical boost members turbo it 245rwkw n/a is the goods they think a Turbo is what you need no way tuff na nothing beats it

TurboXR
    Post #10

QUOTE (41TAR @ Feb 11 2012, 07:56 AM) *
    Typical boost members turbo it 245rwkw n/a is the goods they think a Turbo is what you need no way tuff na nothing beats it

Except a built Atomic xr6t motor pumping out 600rwkw+ thumbsup.gif. Dont get me wrong it does move for a built xr6 but would have so much more potential with a forced induction setup.

01BEN
    Post #11

Pretty sure it's illegal now even for a P plater so why not just take the risk driving an XR6T. Props for getting the slug as fuck NA to move well though.

Glasshouse51
    Post #12

QUOTE (TurboXR @ Feb 11 2012, 07:50 AM) *
    Except a built Atomic xr6t motor pumping out 600rwkw+ thumbsup.gif. Dont get me wrong it does move for a built xr6 but would have so much more potential with a forced induction setup.

Exactly what I was getting at.
    + a turbo setup, even a standard one, would be relatively cheap to source for an XR6 n/a.
    And to the other bloke, he's off his P's now (said that in reply to me higher up ^^^)

TravRM
    Post #13

Yer yer I have heard it all before guys.. Just wanted to do somthing different.. Wasn't just because of p plates.. You can rant on all day about how turbo would have been better and I agree yer you make more power.. But so what it is what it is and I enjoy driving it.. So no point posting if your going to tell me I should have went turbo or I have wasted my money...

biggrin.gif

Billy111
    Post #14

sounds fucking cool

yehl67
    Post #15

nice power from a n/a xr

this would make a great sleeper ph34r.gif

8URVTEC
    Post #16

barra's for the win

ShanO`
    Post #17

Impressive

Id love to throw a 3.7 and 2 way into my XR biggrin.gif

RIPGTR
    Post #18

i got 3.7s in my diff atm but it doesnt work too well with the powerglide tongue.gif i want a lower ratio lsd diff so i can get some more speed outta it.

Slick Lad
    Post #19

dont usually like falcons but this looks pretty good, cool power too

T4ZZ
    Post #20

Sounds tough, not sure about the rims though.

Olaf
    Post #21

Mate respect for the work that has been done to it, dont listen to the haters a very tough street 6, the best I have seen

Love Tappers
    Post #22

Awesome. Lots of power for a n/a and the ideas for ITBs sounds good as well.

TravRM
    Post #23

cheers guys. Car goes back in 3 weeks or so to test some bigger cams and get bigger stall fitted.. yerr the 3.7s really livened the 6speed up..sits at about 2400rpm on hwy.. still get 620-640kms on hwy to tank and around 450km around town if i drive steady.. with a heavy foot it can be gone in aroun 250kms lol

DC KUSTOMS
    Post #24

All that money, time and effort for 232.8 kw.. Your choice.

TYPHOONF6
    Post #25

looks good man! Goodluck with the new tune thumbsup.gif

The Lost Boys
    Post #26

Saying you have a gazillion kw's from a turbo 6 is impressive, yes, but saying you have a 245+rwkw N/A 6 is something I admire even more. That's enough to scare (and probably beat) ls1 owners.

DUDEY99
    Post #27

Hey mate, just wondering how long it took to get you piston done from America? Because I own a 2003 ba xr6 na and I got told to send the whole off my top end to get it forged

luland
    Post #28

theres a fg xr6 n/a trav that just made 260rwkw aswell big power for n/a man ay

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x