2007 Ford Falcon BF XR6  

TravRM
  • TravRM
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 171,242
Post #1 post 8th July 2011 - 01:03 PM
Hey lads thought id post up some pics of my car. brought it back in 2009 soon as i got my ps. Spent to much on it already. Been through a few different stages... still more to come smile.gif

heres a few pics..

This post has been edited by TravRM: Jul 8 2011, 01:06 PM
2007 Ford Falcon Bf Xr6
2007 Ford Falcon Bf Xr6
2007 Ford Falcon Bf Xr6
2007 Ford Falcon Bf Xr6
2007 Ford Falcon Bf Xr6
2007 Ford Falcon Bf Xr6

Comments

• Boost Network 28
  • 313GNT.Aurion
    Post #2

looks tuff man and good power figure for NA

Horsepower_Feen86
    Post #3

Not a ford fan matey, but well done with the HP.

NosBabyNos
    Post #4

Pretty nice, needs better wheels

TravRM
    Post #5

Quick/long story behind it all.. Firstly i had just done the usual things. full exhaust,CAI,cams and custom tune.. Making aroun 210rwkw..

November last year i had a few ideas i would have like to try. So i approached Prodyno in Rockhampton. Pretty much what i wanted was bigger camshafts,port polished head,plazmaman plenum and more compression.

So the build started..
    Mod list:
    Atomic ported and polished head/ lower intake manifold. compression raised to 11.2
    atomic billet camshafts/valve springs
    Plazamaman custom plenum with xr8 throttle body
    Custom hurrican tuned length headers
    Full hurrican twin 2.5" exhaust.
    20% u/d pulley..
    Made a most of 246rwkw but consitently made aroun 238-242rwkw.

Car wasnt quite complete was waiting on a few things to finish CAI and exhaust tips hadnt been put on.. anyhow i had just ordered a Atomic billet oil pump when things went wrong tongue.gif

more to come...

TravRM
    Post #6

Anyhow like most ppl who own xr6ts will know is that standard oil pump isnt to strong.. Was out doing a few test drives on a private rd and hit the revlimiter pretty bad... then there was lots of rather interesting noises..

The result:

Pretty much destroied everything internally.. block/pistons/rods/head were all throw away. Crankshaft was saved tho.. So me being me and no knowing when to quit and wait till i get a turbo i decided to rebuild a new engine.. with more goodies smile.gif

So the new list is simlare with few extras:

Custom ross forged pistions(oversized 12.1 compression)
    Scat Rods
    Atomic oil pump
    Atomic billet camshafts/valve springs/ cam gears
    Atomic Ported and polished head/match ported inlet manifold
    Atomic lifters/heavy duty timing chain and chain tensioner
    Plazamaman n/a Inlet plenum/xr8 throttle body
    Crankshaft cross drilled/balance checked
    Hurrican Custom headers ceremic coated/twin 2.5" exhaust

Motor is still out of the car at this stage. should be back together in a few weeks smile.gif Also purchased as KAAZ diff centre along with 3.7 diff gears. AND SOME NEW RIMS!!

pics to come

josh...ute...
    Post #7

nice

TravRM
    Post #8

new rims are Vertines 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rears smile.gif

Also will be tidying up engine bay and finishing of CAI and exhaust.

To come: Pedders coilovers and then looking at Histalls and auto rebuild smile.gif

TravRM
    Post #9

cheers for comments guys..

crappy i phone video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAYX3jNPFL8

2FAS74U
    Post #10

very nice, planning on putting a snail in there when you're a black licence driver?

TravRM
    Post #11

ahhh not on this car.. looking around for a new project at the moment for when i get off my p's. Im a pretty big ford fan but think ill go for somthing different..

8URVTEC
    Post #12

Barra's for the win

LuKeY
    Post #13

Sweet car man, love the no spoiler look. The new wheels look awesome too!

VTR
    Post #14

Not bad....

tomopo
    Post #15

Wow allot of effort. Good power!

slivia s13
    Post #16

mate thats awesome great work right there. awesome hp aswell

benji_xrt
    Post #17

Impressed to see a nice power figure out of an NA barra engine. How did it drive, i know that large cammed engines can be pigs.

TravRM
    Post #18

cheers lads.. The car drives not to bad.. It really needs a stall as camshafts dont really smooth out till about 3200rpm.. We are looking at removing the 6 speed and installing a 4speed.. Reason being as due to no software to tune the 6speed box we arnt able to put a stall in it.. Plus 4speeds are cheaper to rebuild tongue.gif

Spoke to Prodyno today and motor should be back together by next wknd smile.gif

vy57ss
    Post #19

so much effort for that power figure, but mate thats an excellant effort for an na, not being a dickhead, but does it play on your mind that with that amount of money it probly would make 600hp+ if you turbod it? would love the look on peoples faces though toasting a v8 in your na 6, dw i wrote down your number plate incase i see you anywere haha

TravRM
    Post #20

yerr mate to be honest it does! alot! but in saying that im happy with what i have achieved so far.. plus i dont work 12hr days for nothing haha.. im already planing my next project haha which involves forced induction..

yerr it goes pretty good for a n/a haha suprises alot of people.. hopefully have it at powercruise brisbane this year smile.gif

also have a nitrous kit for track use smile.gif

wbtonner
    Post #21

Not my thing wink.gif
    Good power for a n/a six though. Did you ever run it down the quarter?
    I'm either guessing not or it wasn't as impressive as the power figure.

But wayyy to much money spent on a six, though I can't talk. laugh.gif

TravRM
    Post #22

mate i havnt had the chance to really drive the car yet.. haha only had it for 2wks before the oil pump failed.. Plus with the 6speed auto was playing up.. but as soon as its done it will definatly be going down the strip..

I previously had just cams and was making 210rwkw and was running 13.6s on 20s.. so hoping to beat that haha..

Boostn32GTR
    Post #23

wow mate... kudos to you.... possibly the most extensive NA builds on Boost... love the lumpy idle in the video... Very well done!
    i wait to see your next ride, no doubt will be an animal considering the work gone into this!!

AE92_rolla
    Post #24

that is some wicked N/A power bro!!

but just curious are still on your P's?

cos that is a touch racey tongue.gif

TravRM
    Post #25

Cheers lads haha yer mate like I said got it when got my ps in 2009.. Racey??

AE92_rolla
    Post #26

QUOTE (TravRM @ Jul 8 2011, 07:05 PM) *
    Cheers lads haha yer mate like I said got it when got my ps in 2009.. Racey??

hahah i meant to say risky tongue.gif

sdf4lyfe
    Post #27

Hate ford. love this

krayziebenno
    Post #28

not 100% on the wheels but nice ride nonetheless. love these w/o the spoiler

TravRM
    Post #29

Haha naa just don't do anything silly or be smartass to cops and normally treat you alright.. Haha

Cheers was pretty depressing when oil pump went haha oh well hopefully more power to come with built engine..

Yerr rims do look alot better in the flesh but then new vertinies are the look I want

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x