1987 Toyota Supra A70 Turbo  

aloshan
  • aloshan
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 214,951
Post #1 post 25th January 2012 - 05:05 PM
Engine: 7MGTE

Exhaust: 2.5' dump pipe turbo back straight through exhaust | hi-flo cat and muffler

Suspension: low king springs front and rear

Wheels: volk challenge sf zeros rear 275's 18x10 front 235's 18x9

Modifications: 7MGTE swap from standard 7MGE. Rebuilt 7MGTE and stroked to 3.1L | Metal Head Gasket/ARP studs/bolts | TRD Group A cams 288/288 12mm lift | Oversized forged pistons | adjustable cam gears |

: LSD Diff
: New fuel tank
: Replaced pads & rotors all around

Stereo Audio / Visual: JVC headunit , 2 boxed 6x9's

Estimated Power: 200rwkw

Estimated Power Target: 350rwkw on a safe tune, 400rwkw on 20psi

-I used forged pistons that where over sized which meant I had to bore and hone the 7m out to just under 3.1L
-I used the group A TRD cams with 288intake 288 exhaust with insanely high 12mm lift (very rough idle)
-Installed a metal head gasket with ARP studs/bolts and torqued to 110nm after the head was decked
I kept the stock rods as I felt they where enough for my purpose
-Installed an lsd diff so I could get the power to both wheels
-All new brakes(rotors and pads all around)
-New fuel tank

The only part of the mk3 design that I did not agree with and thought looked outdated where the pre89 tail lights and the ugly stock sawblades. I took the tail lights from a later model mk3 and fit them on to give it a more "updated" look.

Ive replaced the amber indicators with clear ones

Ive also fit Volk Racing Sf Challenge Zero that cost me quite a bit but with 275's 18x10 in the rear and 235's 18x9 in the front

By March this year I hope to have the r154 and haltech installed and running 300kw on a safe tune. As it stands the engine has only done 1200km.I have completed running it in and it is set at stock boost. Once the vacuum lines and the transmission is fixed I plan to turn up the boost to as much as the stock intercooler and ct26 will allow. Once they are maxed and Im confidant the engine can hold the power I plan to throw on a gt35r, 1000cc injectors,intercooler, 400lph walboro furl pump and see what numbers I can reach on the dyno. Id be more then happy using it as my daily and holding 300rwkw reliably on safe boost.

Toyota badge removed, TRD badge put in place, TRD oil cap , painted pod filter cover , removed timing cover(due to be replaced with carbon fibre timing cover)

Painted side strips yesterday

Added 3.0L turbo badge in rear. This is the absolute most number of badges I will put on my car

Most recent pic taken yesterday at Brighton le sands 22/01/2012 :

As funds allow I plan to swap the r154 in , install and tune the computer and slam it with some megan ez streets. Then the real fun begins smile.gif

This post has been edited by aloshan: Jan 26 2012, 04:02 PM

Comments

• Boost Network 22
  • EssR20
    Post #2

It's cool, i like it.

_Ben
    Post #3

Needs more low, but pretty cool otherwise. I like the clear indicators at the front

8spokeracing
    Post #4

Should look good once you do the springs, good power too biggrin.gif

skitta
    Post #5

front looks scmick. keen to see quater time once boost is wound up

gutless
    Post #6

I like it smile.gif

176OES
    Post #7

Too many badges on the back

Coming along nicely though

Slick Lad
    Post #8

looks good

derb
    Post #9

Great to see you keeping it correct with the original engine rather than just dumping a 2JZ in it.

aloshan
    Post #10

QUOTE (derb @ Jan 26 2012, 05:28 PM) *
    Great to see you keeping it correct with the original engine rather than just dumping a 2JZ in it.

7m luurv all the way thumbsup.gif everyones doing 2 and 1 jz swaps, wanted to do something a bit different. Was thinking of going 1.5 J when I spun a rod bearing last year but my mate had the forgies and cams for the 7m ready to go , so I took care of the HG issues these engines are famous for and built it to withstand some real power.

QUOTE (176OES @ Jan 26 2012, 04:35 PM) *
    Too many badges on the back

Coming along nicely though

Its the way I prefer it.Initially came with the "toyota supra"and "3.0L i" badge. Just replaced the 3.0i with a 3.0L turbo badge and added a TRD one above it. This is the absolute maximum number of badges I ever intend to put on the car but I think it looks good as it stands now.

QUOTE (_Ben @ Jan 26 2012, 12:10 PM) *
    Needs more low, but pretty cool otherwise. I like the clear indicators at the front

Definitely needs to be lower. Fixing up more important issues up first but coil overs are on the way. Clear indicators definitely give it a cleaner appearance. Clear side repeaters are on the way.

QUOTE (skitta @ Jan 26 2012, 02:22 PM) *
    front looks scmick. keen to see quarter time once boost is wound up

Ultimately I hope to get into the low 10's however with a car this heavy its going to be hard. I want to keep it as comfortable as possible though so I kept air-con , will probably keep my rear seats and not remove to much else to shed weight. I intend it to be a daily,but I want to have the power to put most in my rear view mirror on the streets. Doubt it will ever see the track...i guess only time will tell....

Oh and sorry about the pics I know there are two of some and a really small one at the end for some reason. No idea why this is happening , the attachment uploader is f*cked.

Roary
    Post #11

Iv'e always liked the MK3 Model Supra, Tough 80s for the win, what gearbox you running?

ElDaveo
    Post #12

woo! another mk3! should go hard

John Mkiv
    Post #13

I like it! Also well done on doing a decent Members ride thread.

aloshan
    Post #14

QUOTE (Roary @ Jan 26 2012, 07:51 PM) *
    Iv'e always liked the MK3 Model Supra, Tough 80s for the win, what gearbox you running?

a340e for now sad.gif plan to swap an r154 in but my dream of course is the v160...one day

TwinCam16
    Post #15

I still would have gone a 1j.

srhead
    Post #16

hey mate, your on boost as well? good to see you showing this car off, becomeing a bigger fan of this supra shap eery day, ps if you want to sell me your cams let me know ??? lol maybe we could swap my cams and hks fcon-v?

aloshan
    Post #17

QUOTE (srhead @ Jan 27 2012, 09:15 AM) *
    hey mate, your on boost as well? good to see you showing this car off, becoming a bigger fan of this supra shap eery day, ps if you want to sell me your cams let me know ??? lol maybe we could swap my cams and hks fcon-v?

hey man , yeah been on boost for awhile, mostly as a browser though. Lol , you really like those cams hey-they are pretty rare , any luck with yahoo japan auctions? Still not sure if they are the best for street as I see most of the power after 3500 revs,but after that it just keeps on pulling to red line in every gear... I havnt tuned it though.

If I had my cams out I would swap you for your cams + the fcon but its all in there now and unless something goes drastically wrong, I dont see myself rebuilding this 7m again. If I ever do decide to sell them I'l let you know smile.gif

wolfman101
    Post #18

That's neato.

Who dat
    Post #19

Love it! always been a fan of these!

CactusSupreme
    Post #20

This makes me want to post mine... It's not as clean as this one though, I might wait a few days. Haha

blurayrx7
    Post #21

love it bro

aloshan
    Post #22

QUOTE (blurayrx7 @ Jan 30 2012, 02:31 AM) *
    love it bro

thanks man smile.gif

aloshan
    Post #23

installed Invidia RS-R straight through 3inch exhaust with custom 3inch dump pipe. Stock exhaust was quite restrictive + this gives it a nice deep growl as well smile.gif

Difference between 3inch and stock exhaust diameter :

new turbo arrived today, installing it this Saturday:

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x