Ford Falcon EF  

vltuff
  • vltuff
  • Budding User
  • Member No.: 184,134
Post #1 post 17th February 2011 - 05:25 PM
Engine: it currently has the standard motor in it but am in the process of putting an au xr6 tickford motor in it with a 5spd

Exhaust: 2and half inch with extractors

Suspension: cut springs atm but have low springs to be put in

Wheels: 15 inch rims

Modifications: au interior and engine and gearbox transplant

Stereo Audio / Visual: panasonic cd player with 6inch speakers

Estimated Power: 168kw from the tickford

this is my first which im doing up to drive any ideas on what to do to it or anything would be greatly appreciated cheers
 Ford Falcon Ef
 Ford Falcon Ef
 Ford Falcon Ef
 Ford Falcon Ef
 Ford Falcon Ef
 Ford Falcon Ef

Comments

• Boost Network 25
  • PANEL WORX
    Post #2

delete the vct dont run it and while ur at it cause its manual put a wade977b cam in it and crow adjustable cam will go pretty hard i got one but i got just a au bottom end i kept the ef headmines also auto with 2400 convertor

vltuff
    Post #3

yeah im not running the vct and yeah will do later on as this will be my car for while im on my l's thanks for the advice too

derb
    Post #4

^^^ Pretty much that. Lose the VCT and get a cam that will run on the factory ecu. Good to see some e-series falcons about again.

RIFFTOR
    Post #5

Good work for the manual swap!
    I would be proud to have something like that (once it's done).

slokey
    Post #6

Get the springs un it ASAP.

benji_xrt
    Post #7

Nice project! Turbo that sucker!

2wheeler837
    Post #8

yeh e seriese rock, props for manual convertiong, if ur puttin heavy duty clutch reinforce the lug of the clutch peded brace and your fire wall. i pulled a hole in the firewall and broke the lug with a heavy duity. these respond great too cams if ya can afford get a chip 2

cookie23
    Post #9

burn it

TwinCam16
    Post #10

Nice Taxi.

krayziebenno
    Post #11

like where your goinf with this. with the right wheels and suspension, the EF/L's can look pretty tough. GL with it

+1 for manual conversion too

shiftmad
    Post #12

i can feel a bon fire coming on

Atomic_Nitro
    Post #13

QUOTE (2wheeler837 @ Feb 18 2011, 03:44 PM) *
    yeh e seriese rock, props for manual convertiong, if ur puttin heavy duty clutch reinforce the lug of the clutch peded brace and your fire wall. i pulled a hole in the firewall and broke the lug with a heavy duity.

I second that .... I don't own a ford but I know they pop walls :thumbsup: gonna be a nice ride when ya hit ya 'P' plates too

VTR
    Post #14

Joins manual bandwagon - good idea while you've got the floor open.

equipt85
    Post #15

Had a mate with a el xr6 an it went better than i thought an just as quick as a vs 5L, got another with a au xr6 and hes had nothing but troubles with it....especially head gaskets an its only done 90 thousands k's

TurboXR
    Post #16

QUOTE (cookie23 @ Feb 18 2011, 04:21 PM) *
    burn it

Fkn don't listen to wankers like this, should come up nice when your done..nothing wrong with ef/l-series!

boost bogan
    Post #17

love the e-series, miss mine :/

cookie23
    Post #18

QUOTE (TurboXR @ Feb 18 2011, 06:03 PM) *
    Fkn don't listen to wankers like this, should come up nice when your done..nothing wrong with ef/l-series!

haha wateva @#$! just cause u drive a grandma spec lancer or ford

TurboXR
    Post #19

actually "champ", I drive a ba xr6t with 342rwkw...its on here in memebers rides posted up last year.

rutager4152
    Post #20

Get off boost and go to www.fordmods.com for starters :thumbsup: Then look up J3 chips, they're cheap and Ive seen some great results with them. And yeah like its been said a nice cam will really liven it up.

E U R E K A M A D 9 4
    Post #21

Looks like a decent project, choppies need to go though...

[email protected]
    Post #22

haha theres a sick as one in brissy do a lil bit of head work and put a 5 sp behind the standard motor and it will scream :thumbsup:

PANEL WORX
    Post #23

Oh yer and mines forsale to anyone want it

vltuff
    Post #24

thanks guys for the advice and yeah the springs will be swapped over as soon as the motor comes out

vltuff
    Post #25

QUOTE (2wheeler837 @ Feb 18 2011, 03:44 PM) *
    yeh e seriese rock, props for manual convertiong, if ur puttin heavy duty clutch reinforce the lug of the clutch peded brace and your fire wall. i pulled a hole in the firewall and broke the lug with a heavy duity. these respond great too cams if ya can afford get a chip 2

thanks mate will do that and yeah im going to get a chip and a cam when im off my L's thanks

PANEL WORX
    Post #26

A 977b grind is like 145 exchange plus postage u dnt need a chip but it hunts idle abit plus a adjustable cam gear is 130 plus postage and chip is 190 and u got a pretty tuff coon barge

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x