Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
Dumpsta
  • Dumpsta
  • New User
  • Member No.: 211,379
Post #1 post 18th February 2011 - 10:15 AM
Engine: Rebuilt 4.0 I6

Exhaust: Stainless extractors and hi flow, 2.5" system.

Suspension: King Ultras

Wheels: 19" typhoon copies. I have a set of machined 20's to go on shortly.

Modifications: Black/white interior, fairmont front end, car resprayed.

Stereo Audio / Visual: Nothing atm, all out for a boot install i plan on doing.

Estimated Power: It made 180rwhp so nothing impressive but still good power for a sohc 4.0 thats unopened, just a chip and exhaust. 4.11 gears going in next month. Im getting married in 3 months so very limited with the cashflow atm but I will be later adding some boost. Through a turbo or charger Im still working out.

1997 Ford Falcon El

Comments

• Boost Network 44
  • Replace Your Tyres
    Post #2

your bed has nice wheels.

///M3
    Post #3

So clean....

VTR
    Post #4

This is how to do it <_< :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sanchezz
    Post #5

skeptical on the power figure

Dumpsta
    Post #6

QUOTE (sanchezz @ Feb 18 2011, 10:22 AM) *
    skeptical on the power figure

Whys that mate? They make around 140-150rwhp std, full exhaust, j3 chip, its a fresh engine, only 10,000km, cai would have to help abit.

Desu
    Post #7

Nice! Very clean.

vectorazz
    Post #8

very tidy

WRX-801
    Post #9

damm, nicest El ive seen in awhile

rot8me
    Post #10

better then new ! i like it, clean tidy and not bogan spec.

derb
    Post #11

QUOTE (Dumpsta @ Feb 18 2011, 10:25 AM) *
    Whys that mate? They make around 140-150rwhp std, full exhaust, j3 chip, its a fresh engine, only 10,000km, cai would have to help abit.

Exactly. I had an ED XR6 and when the motor was tired and still attached to an auto, i made 141rwhp. So 180rwhp isn't out of the question.

ride29er
    Post #12

pretty rare to see one of these in such mint condition, well done

xilli
    Post #13

I am impressed! Never seen one of these look good.

WinKE55
    Post #14

Pretty good. Gonna need some spacers to fit those rims on. It's what sucks about the E-series offset. So stupid.

azarawr
    Post #15

QUOTE (Dumpsta @ Feb 18 2011, 10:25 AM) *

i agree, keeping in mind it is hp not KW. J3 Chip would open the fuel maps up a bit and as Dumpsta said it's pretty fresh.

lowvn
    Post #16

best one ive seen good work

Replace Your Tyres
    Post #17

BTW the wheels on the car are better than those on your bed IMO

slokey
    Post #18

Those side skirts are disgusting.

ITS2EZ
    Post #19

QUOTE (xilli @ Feb 18 2011, 10:49 AM) *
    I am impressed! Never seen one of these look good.

this^^^ i would get rid/change skirts and relocate battery to where pod is and vice versa. would look neater. also would sell new rims as current ones are better and get boost going earlier <_<

benji_xrt
    Post #20

Very nice EL, cleanest one i have seen <_<

Akshunhiro
    Post #21

QUOTE (Replace Your Tyres @ Feb 18 2011, 11:10 AM) *
    BTW the wheels on the car are better than those on your bed IMO

Agreed but since they're copies they probably won't hold up too well on shit QLD roads.

DAL32
    Post #22

QUOTE (WinKE55 @ Feb 18 2011, 10:49 AM) *
    Pretty good. Gonna need some spacers to fit those rims on. It's what sucks about the E-series offset. So stupid.

Sounds like a good offset to me. But not if you want to fit those wheels.

If you wanted dish it'd be awesome. Car looks good, pretty rare to see these nicely done.

Dumpsta
    Post #23

QUOTE (WinKE55 @ Feb 18 2011, 10:49 AM) *

Nah.. thats the good thing about E-series offset. Yes it sucks to put au+ wheels on but if you can pay the money, billets with crazy dish are always an option later on.

Dumpsta
    Post #24

QUOTE (slokey @ Feb 18 2011, 11:10 AM) *
    Those side skirts are disgusting.

Yeah I can understand they're not to everyone's fancy. I thought they were horrendous when I bought the car 3 years ago as my first car, always planned on taking them off but as I slowly spent more on the car etc and put on the 19's they slowly grew on me, from some angles they're still not to my taste but from other angles they add to the car. The rear skirt makes up for them in a way. Its the same with the wheels, from some views I love em and wouldnt replace them but after a couple of years they look crap and cheap to me. Cant go wrong with the little bit of dish that the shorelines have.

Dumpsta
    Post #25

QUOTE (ITS2EZ @ Feb 18 2011, 11:19 AM) *
    this^^^ i would get rid/change skirts and relocate battery to where pod is and vice versa. would look neater. also would sell new rims as current ones are better and get boost going earlier <_<

Or just put a huffer where the pod is and move the battery to the boot. Yeah?

Slav
    Post #26

absolutely lovely

Dumpsta
    Post #27

QUOTE (Akshunhiro @ Feb 18 2011, 01:31 PM) *
    Agreed but since they're copies they probably won't hold up too well on shit QLD roads.

I've had a couple of sets of the ford copies and they're actually pretty good, only heard of one set failing. I've hit a few jaw clenchers over the years, a few that you physically brace yourself for before you hit them and they've held up well. But how could you ever be completely happy with something that has no dish?

619GIE
    Post #28

nice falcon bud, just wondering wot springs and shocks u runnin?? i got ssl all round on the lane but with standard shocks so just shopping round for some that suit
    cheers

Dumpsta
    Post #29

QUOTE (619GIE @ Feb 18 2011, 01:41 PM) *
    nice falcon bud, just wondering wot springs and shocks u runnin?? i got ssl all round on the lane but with standard shocks so just shopping round for some that suit
    cheers

Thanks mate, seen you on boostedfalcon a few times. Mate, I posted the springs as ultras to keep people happy but tbh.. Im running King superlows. Minus two coils rear, and a coil in the front. Std shocks front and Ultimas in the rear. I dont tell people they're cut springs unless they ask but in saying that, they've been in for three years and never had any problems.

Astra Boi
    Post #30

uv got one balling bed <_< lol nice car 2

dano4127
    Post #31

nice car mate, always been fond of this model <_<

pulsarator
    Post #32

nice and tidy, love the rims that are on it.

krayziebenno
    Post #33

sweet ride. always liked this shape. i reckon it would look better without the skirts though. GL with it

s11via
    Post #34

i have to admit that this is a very clean example imo

lil_ashy
    Post #35

you colour coded the lip with your wall, thats thinking!! Very tidy mate looks the goods

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
    Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x