2004 Ford Falcon XR6T BA  

RIPGTR
  • RIPGTR
  • Regular User
  • Member No.: 45,944
Post #1 post 21st July 2012 - 09:14 PM
Some of you may remember my last ute.. this is a little bit of a step up from that lol

Engine: FG XR6 Turbo engine

Exhaust: 4: dump to 4" system

Suspension:

Wheels: Chromies lol gay i wanna get rid of them but power and reliability are more important lol

Modifications: ok here we go..
- Forged Engine with atomic fat rods and CP pistons
- Atomic oil pump
- GT42r by precision with 50mm progate and turbonetics Godzilla BOV
- Plasmaman Plenum and Intercooler with 3" piping
- Full Motec Computer system
- Bigger injectors built for E85
- 2 Speed powerglide with transbrake
- Twin 044 pumps and surge tank under the tray
- eBoost2
theres more i just cant be bothered lol

Stereo Audio / Visual: standardish lol

Estimated Power: was last run comfortably at 600hp on e85 with 20psi, that was with the old motor. should be abit more now that its getting a rebuild and a tune back to e85.

This post has been edited by RIPGTR: Jul 21 2012, 09:17 PM
2004 Ford Falcon Xr6t Ba
2004 Ford Falcon Xr6t Ba
2004 Ford Falcon Xr6t Ba
2004 Ford Falcon Xr6t Ba
2004 Ford Falcon Xr6t Ba
2004 Ford Falcon Xr6t Ba
2004 Ford Falcon Xr6t Ba
2004 Ford Falcon Xr6t Ba
2004 Ford Falcon Xr6t Ba

Comments

• Boost Network 0
  • gutless
    Post #2

Yeah nice smile.gif

liner_rider
    Post #3

very nice mate will see some very good numbers pray.gif

bmax
    Post #4

That would be fun, those wheels are not that bad I was expecting something tragic.

RIPGTR
    Post #5

Still don't like em tho they are soo 2005 lol

JWG87
    Post #6

transbrake skids!! awesome work mate its sick

53XXN_ST80
    Post #7

That would be stoopid in a ute! Be interesting to see what power it makes on e85 smile.gif

Get some late model fg xr6t alloys, they'd look the part on this.

HooDs
    Post #8

FUK YER BUNNINGS

vy57ss
    Post #9

get some dark agents, have you been to the strip yet?

75 KINGSWOOD
    Post #10

Car is funking mint, a better wheel choice and the car would be perfect!

RIPGTR
    Post #11

Yeh I was thinking a set of rota grids in like 19x10 etc

Fuk yeh bunnings! Lol

RIPGTR
    Post #12

And yeh I've been to the strip and done a flat 13 without the trans brake. But I went over the line at well over 200 clicks so it's defiantly got the potential

MR_JORDZ
    Post #13

fark yea this is a beast 600hp ftw!!!

DANIELJARVIS
    Post #14

What a weapon. 600HP. Probably 600 reliable HP too, being a falcon smile.gif

QUOTE (RIPGTR @ Jul 22 2012, 06:56 AM) *
    Still don't like em tho they are soo 2005 lol

I get the impression You're on the mislead bandwagon that hates any chrome wheel? Just to clear it up for you..
    CHROME / Polished wheels are not outdated, the hate for 'Chromies' is because of the horrible designs that accompanied 95% of them the last decade.

Get some chrome/polished wheels like these.. but please don't get black wheels, Or the most common and worst thing, painting yours black. Because when it comes to wheel colors, the only lame, out-of-style color is fast becoming black.(my s15 and civic had black Works and BBS wheels, so this isn't me being bias)

CHROME

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5247/528139..._02d6b5f790.jpg
    POLISHED

but like someone else said, yours look half decent..

Klepo_69
    Post #15

This thing is mad should make big power

1%ER
    Post #16

rota wheels are sh!t. they brake.

just buy the real deal.

RIPGTR
    Post #17

dan - i do like chrome wheels but im just after something different for it now. i was think rotas in a bronze or a fluro colour? this is all hypothetical at the moment tho. its a shame really coz the 20s that are on the car i have them in 18s as well with slicks on them lol so the authorities dont spot them easily lol

ajaay.
    Post #18

Is this thing in Hervey Gay ?

Looks great by the way.

01BEN
    Post #19

QUOTE (DANIELJARVIS @ Jul 22 2012, 03:26 PM) *
    Get some chrome/polished wheels like these.. but please don't get black wheels, Or the most common and worst thing, painting yours black. Because when it comes to wheel colors, the only lame, out-of-style color is fast becoming black.(my s15 and civic had black Works and BBS wheels, so this isn't me being bias

I agree. Avoid chrome as you get black spots. Get a polished wheel clearcoated, just as easy to clean as any other wheel. Most polished aluminium wheels will come factory clear coated so you don't have to rub purple sh!t on them every day to keep them shiney.

QUOTE (1%ER @ Jul 22 2012, 07:37 PM) *

just buy the real deal.

All wheels break if you hit a gutter sideways at 100ks an hour. Rotas are cast and will crack/shatter etc forged wheels will bend and buckle. Rota just have such a bad rep because their wheels are huge with drifters and sh!t who have their cars sliding into walls and break.

But, don't spend heaps of money in one area then cheap out in another. Good build overall I like the BA/BF shape.

RIPGTR
    Post #20

Too right Ben !

And na I'm on the gold coast ajaay

ranger24
    Post #21

was this THISSO ???

01BEN
    Post #22

QUOTE (RIPGTR @ Jul 23 2012, 07:11 PM) *
    Too right Ben !

And na I'm on the gold coast ajaay

To be honest mate, with the staunch as funk engine build, I'd be more inclined to run a smaller diameter wheel like a 16" American Racing/Centerline wheel to give the ute that tuff as guts look with a nice meaty amount of tyre, Convo Pros would look awesome.

If you want to run a more flashy wheel combo, Work make alot of nice products thumbsup.gif

Either way it will look awesome! I will buy another BA/F ute one day!!

oztatts
    Post #23

real nice. bet it goes hard.. looks tidy as..

Ticc
    Post #24

lol must be nearly un-drivable with the power/ute combo

RIPGTR
    Post #25

Ranger - yes this was thisso, he's my brother I bought it off him a few months back and I've had it in the shed ever since playing with it lol

Ben - I was thinking of going the weld racing wheel route, tbh it's still on the cards I just don't know where to buy them from lol

Oztatts - thanks man smile.gif

Tick - its really not as bad as u think if u respect the turbo and don't flat foot it everywhere. I want the power glide hooked into the eboost so I can program the boost in each gear so I can get more of the power down. I'll be going back up to 24 psi when the engine comes back from machining too! Weeeeee lol

lenny clubsport r8
    Post #26

Cheap wheels and obviously cheap engine set up !

Lancejack_88
    Post #27

looks good ross how long until its back on the road? btw its jordan smile.gif

smokiebbear
    Post #28

QUOTE (RIPGTR @ Jul 22 2012, 11:09 AM) *
    And yeh I've been to the strip and done a flat 13 without the trans brake. But I went over the line at well over 200 clicks so it's defiantly got the potential

Lol at the number plates. Most stock GTR's with a tune run flat 12's. If your going to rep the numberplates you might as well be able to back them up tongue.gif I take it you've never raced a GTR from the lights either. 600hp is worthless if your only putting down 300hp biggrin.gif

Apart from that it's a nice ute.

Please don't take my previous comments to heart I just hate numberplates that make a statement that you can't back up. It's like having RUNS10 on a car that would struggle to run a 14.

Get some Semi slick tyres on it, take it back to the track, with that MPH you should be running in the 11's. Your 60 foot times must have been low 2's? What was your actual MPH at 1/8 and full track?

synergy
    Post #29

do the bosch 44 pumps sound quite loud under the tray? Like does it resonate through the metal of the tray?

RIPGTR
    Post #30

lenny - judging by looking at your profile/ previous posts apparently no1 has a car that is worthy of you. o art thou lets all bow down to king lenny (not) your a dick mate get off this forum unless u have something positive to say.

Jordan - hows things mate? get ur ass around to my place more often lol and the motec should be on its way from melb by now biggrin.gif

Smokie - the car has run a flat 11 before. i was just getting used to the gearbox last time (ive never raced on a powerglide before and i was warming up to the transbrake but didnt get a chance to use the bloody thing lol. and i couldnt tell u the times i got last time ill get some for ya when i go up after the new running gear is run in biggrin.gif ps the slicks are already sitting in the garage for next time and for the highway heheh

synergy - they arent that bad, i can def hear them and thats good... means i still have fuel pumps runnin lol

surfer_h
    Post #31

itl be nice to come up next to you at the lights, should be fun haha, iv got my 044s mounted next to the fuel tank in my ve and after they get hot they are horribly loud. hows the under bonnet temps in that?

RIPGTR
    Post #32

Hahah yeh not too bad I've heat wrapped everything and u gotta remember its a turbo car so it only gets hot when your pushing it. Other than that it's a good town car haha

stockmy00
    Post #33

QUOTE (1%ER @ Jul 22 2012, 07:37 PM) *

just buy the real deal.

They are no worse then factory cast wheels, in fact rota actually manufacture oem wheels for Japanese and European car companies. So no they don't just break.

stockmy00
    Post #34

QUOTE (lenny clubsport r8 @ Jul 31 2012, 06:09 PM) *
    Cheap wheels and obviously cheap engine set up !

mamoru.gif

Jealous because his "cheap engine set up" is worth more then your clubsport. Let the butthurt flow through you fahgot

RIPGTR
    Post #35

Lol at the 200,000k+ member.

Stocky - thanks for the backup tongue.gif I still dunno what wheels I wanna get lol gotta be daily driving wheels that fit slicks on them as well. I have 4 20ies at the moment and 2 18s with slicks lol

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x