1988 Mazda RX-7 FC3S  

McGnarly
  • McGnarly
  • DR. DOUCHEBAG
  • Member No.: 155,215
Post #1 post 10th April 2012 - 01:08 PM
Engine: 13B Street Port, 2mm seals, larger injectors (ive yet to find out the cc on them, i didnt put them in but i can see theyre not standard items), High flowed turbo, FMIC, CAI, HKS mushroom filter, solid mounts, short shifted box, Microguess computer and some other bits and bobs

Exhaust: Full stainless 3" turbo back, gay cannon

Suspension: newish HSD coilovers, camber tops, extra lock steering spacers, not much else yet

Wheels: Advanti 18" 5 spokers - not sticking around

Stereo Audio / Visual: None.

Estimated Power: Supposedly somewhere around the 340hp mark, it definately hauls arse and i love it, but when i get it on the dyno for a tune then we will know for sure, for now its got enough power to decimate the rears up until third without dropping the clutch.

I got my hands on this fairly recently, it was REALLY in bad nick and is getting some loving now, I plan on keeping it a streeter and doing some track time in it, and when the 13B goes bang, ill jam an LS2 down its throat. I basically got it with no kit/what little kit was there was falling off, ive put it all together and tightened it all up, then i prepped it and sprayed it up, i really like it in this colour. I have stripped out and had mod plated for removing everything from the front seats back, not much of a dash left in it either, just the essentials.

Future:

Another tune and replace any bits that ill find that need replacing
Nolathane suspension bushes
Ive bought a bucket and harness for it
Half cage
A few important guages
Change the exhaust (i want twin 3" upsweeps one on each side with truck flappers)
5% tint all round
Finish stripping out the sound deadening and paint up all exposed metal in gunmetal grey
For now i plan on putting it on 18" FG XR6 wheels powdercoated fluro green, one day ill put XD-9's on it in bronze
Lock up the diff
Bigger brakes and rotors

and thats probably about it aside from a few other small things, its already really fun to drive and i cant wait to see what it can do on the track.

If you know any reputable rotary tuners on gold coast/brisbane/sunny coast let me know as im not keen to hand it to incapable tuners.

Cheers
1988 Mazda Rx-7 Fc3s
1988 Mazda Rx-7 Fc3s
1988 Mazda Rx-7 Fc3s

--------------------
Reported.
Vigilante Justice Works.
THE BLACKEST WHITE BOY ON BOOST

Comments

• Boost Network 0
  • gutless
    Post #2

Nice one. So you're back with the car bug aha.

mato84
    Post #3

why in gods name do people ruin these with a ls v8, when it goes bang why not just rebuild the 13b or put a 20b in it cheaper then the full conversion, and u will get more power and fun out if it and before anyone says realiability ect. You bought an rx7 treat it right let it warm up and cool down and regular services and you will be right. nice fc by the way looks nice perhaps some dished black wheels

McGnarly
    Post #4

Haha yeah i never really left the bug, just went quiet on it for a bit, going down the track path this time though, my other car ive had for a while now is my '08 ralliart colt and i love it

McGnarly
    Post #5

QUOTE (mato84 @ Apr 10 2012, 01:16 PM) *
    why in gods name do people ruin these with a ls v8, when it goes bang why not just rebuild the 13b or put a 20b in it cheaper then the full conversion, and u will get more power and fun out if it and before anyone says realiability ect. You bought an rx7 treat it right let it warm up and cool down and regular services and you will be right. nice fc by the way looks nice perhaps some dished black wheels

Ive owned rotors before i know well how to look after them, ive always wanted to put an LS into a jap car, i personally think its awesome, and makes it a far more versatile car, as im sure you know rotors arent renowned for their impressive torque figures

mato84
    Post #6

i know there not but i love rotors atleast wreck a nissan with an ls motor, i just believe that these should stay rotors. that just me

75 KINGSWOOD
    Post #7

its not your car, he can stick a fucking lawn mower engine in it if he wants

mato84
    Post #8

i know i was merely saying.

McGnarly
    Post #9

QUOTE (75 KINGSWOOD @ Apr 10 2012, 01:56 PM) *
    its not your car, he can stick a fucking lawn mower engine in it if he wants

Briggs & Stratton?

75 KINGSWOOD
    Post #10

QUOTE (McGnarly @ Apr 10 2012, 01:58 PM) *
    Briggs & Stratton?

john deer........you know you want to tongue.gif

N16T
    Post #11

Why does this thread make me think of the hitler wants a V8 in his RX videos on youtube...

anwonystylez
    Post #12

Looks tough as! thumbsup.gif

Tim
    Post #13

Damn that looks scary from the front, almost gives me the Mad Max feeling. It looks f*ckin tough and bet it is as much fun as you say it is plus more! Do the LS after you're done with the rotary imo. Would be even more hektik on the throttle.

176OES
    Post #14

Coming along nicely

make sure you spray the engine bay if when you do the heart transplant smile.gif

McGnarly
    Post #15

QUOTE (176OES @ Apr 10 2012, 02:51 PM) *
    Coming along nicely

make sure you spray the engine bay if when you do the heart transplant smile.gif

Yeah, i was going to rip off all the plumbing and wires, bag up the engine and spray it as well, but my colour choice isnt exactly 'hard' to match up so i figure ill do it whenever the engine ends up dropped out of it.

Thanks for the feedback guys, shes pretty stealthy, been nicknames 'the dark knight' lol

priceless
    Post #16

nice mate!! and your best bet to get it tuned up here would be ben at rotarymotor sport (when he can fit you in) or go down and see clayton at CCC performance, he uses efi"s dyno. but hes the only rotor machanic that i trust to work on my series 4! and mine makes 410hp atw on 16psi.
    good luck with it mate and rotors can shit ya off but dont put a fucken piston in it! pleeeaassseeee! thumbsup.gif

002plz
    Post #17

ill supply the briggs. just been rebuilt.....
    love it mate.
    guy in nz done series 4 with ls in nz when i lived there. really light and super tough, also pisses rotary blokes off haha

TwinCam16
    Post #18

chrisdinnes
    Post #19

if this is the one i think it is its cleaned up well good work

Love Tappers
    Post #20

lol at microguess.

VU17RE
    Post #21

just want to know how and where u got those lights for it, my mate has an FC and is lookin for em everiwhere

mighty-toy-boy
    Post #22

fluro green falcon wheels?
    seriously?

McGnarly
    Post #23

Your mate has two choices, make one himself (not too hard if your ok with fibreglass), or buy one out of japan, they arent cheap either lol...

And yes running falcon wheels for a bit because i have them here already, i dont like the advantis, and the falcon wheels are wider with better rubber on them, function>form for now.

8URVTEC
    Post #24

mint!

OUTLANDER
    Post #25

F U and your endless stream of cars : Jealous :

Looks good dude!

pvk308
    Post #26

nice mate love the idea of the ls nice job on the paint as well did you spray it by chance

INVU
    Post #27

absolutely love it, new wheels and few touch ups and she will be shmick!

1939ford
    Post #28

my mower would be faster

Boostn32GTR
    Post #29

Definitely Ben at rotory motorsports!! book in now!! gl with it!!

KammdUP
    Post #30

QUOTE (75 KINGSWOOD @ Apr 10 2012, 02:00 PM) *
    john deer........you know you want to tongue.gif

Why would he put an SR in it?

Don't go green Timmy they look good as is and you'll still be able to pawn them off later.
    Needs hi mount manifold and bigger turbo tI hurry along the LS conversion smile.gif
    Black wing and get the plates and it will be awesome smile.gif

McGnarly
    Post #31

going to run twin turbo setup on the LS, need those plates too haha

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x