Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
pinkydk2m
  • pinkydk2m
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 218,097
Post #1 post 9th April 2012 - 02:08 AM
Hey kids,

Me again, I had that white s13 but that's gone now... This is the new machine smile.gif

Feedback is much appreciated,

Cheers!

This post has been edited by pinkydk2m: Apr 9 2012, 03:54 AM
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
1989 Nissan Skyline R32

Comments

• Boost Network 40
  • gutless
    Post #2

Any info???

Engine?\

Good colour. Front bar looks a bit off for some reason and bit ratty where the badge on the bonnet used to be.

So what are you gonna do with it? Keep it till you get your licence back or drift it into the ground like every other 32?

Bris BEN
    Post #3

Thats MINTTT!

8URVTEC
    Post #4

pretty clean

pinkydk2m
    Post #5

QUOTE (gutless @ Apr 9 2012, 08:12 PM) *
    Any info???

Engine?\

Good colour. Front bar looks a bit off for some reason and bit ratty where the badge on the bonnet used to be.

So what are you gonna do with it? Keep it till you get your licence back or drift it into the ground like every other 32?

Hey dude, yeah it's an rb20det, t28 turbo, bigger injectors (not sure on size), apexi FC, surge tank (not sure of size), Numerous other goodies.
    Ummm not really sure yet. At the moment it's a "track car" however in saying that it hasn't seen a track in the 2 weeks of ownership and I'm getting really anxious about getting it out there. Especially after it blew a gearbox after 4 days of ownership.

mark1414
    Post #6

Future Mods: Number plates.

Wraith
    Post #7

QUOTE (pinkydk2m @ Apr 9 2012, 08:21 PM) *
    Hey dude, yeah it's an rb20det, t28 turbo, bigger injectors (not sure on size), apexi FC, surge tank (not sure of size), Numerous other goodies.
    Ummm not really sure yet. At the moment it's a "track car" however in saying that it hasn't seen a track in the 2 weeks of ownership and I'm getting really anxious about getting it out there. Especially after it blew a gearbox after 4 days of ownership.

RB20? I'm so so sorry. Otherwise a good car.

gutless
    Post #8

Fair enough. 20DET boxes are shit. Whole car needs moar 25DET in the future wink.gif

gutless
    Post #9

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Apr 9 2012, 08:22 PM) *
    Future Mods: Number plates.

He has no licence for a while.

pinkydk2m
    Post #10

QUOTE (Wraith @ Apr 9 2012, 08:22 PM) *
    RB20? I'm so so sorry. Otherwise a good car.

I've only ever driven a rb25de so I can't really compare but mine seems to go nicely, I'm very happy with the power output. I've heard rb25det's are much better though can anyone explain why?

gutless
    Post #11

QUOTE (pinkydk2m @ Apr 9 2012, 08:27 PM) *
    I've only ever driven a rb25de so I can't really compare but mine seems to go nicely, I'm very happy with the power output. I've heard rb25det's are much better though can anyone explain why?

No Replacement for Displacement.

RB20 is just a torqueless goat-monkey with terrible mid range compared to 25.
    Small displacement 6 is small.

But as with any engine, if theres nothing wrong with it then theres nothing wrong with it. It will definitely be better than any engine youve been allowed to drive on the road anyway. Have fun.

TwinCam16
    Post #12

I can think of 500 reasons why the 25 is better than the 20.
    501 if you include the gearbox.

anwonystylez
    Post #13

Cleannnn... but RB25det it in the future.

skidin
    Post #14

rb25 hahaha lsx it dont be scared

socal
    Post #15

I like the wheels.

Gerry Giraffe
    Post #16

Looks really good, top effort mate. Really digging the roof spoiler and rims, know what they are?? brand, size etc...

HarleyJace
    Post #17

Colour matching on this thing is shocking, rear quarter is different to the rest of the car, along with the kit haha.

Otherwise, pretty cool!

pinkydk2m
    Post #18

QUOTE (Gerry Giraffe @ Apr 9 2012, 09:11 PM) *
    Looks really good, top effort mate. Really digging the roof spoiler and rims, know what they are?? brand, size etc...

No idea on the brand dude sorry they were on the car already... They're 18 x 9.5 + 12 (I'm guessing) on the rear, 18 x 8.5 + something weak on the front. (25mm spacers)

pinkydk2m
    Post #19

More pictures coming for those interested...

sr_silvia
    Post #20

Paint is very inconsistent, I'd say this car has had its fair share of exterior changes. Nonetheless looks pretty good, would be a whole lot better if it were road registered mamoru.gif

pinkydk2m
    Post #21

QUOTE (sr_silvia @ Apr 9 2012, 09:55 PM) *
    Paint is very inconsistent, I'd say this car has had its fair share of exterior changes. Nonetheless looks pretty good, would be a whole lot better if it were road registered mamoru.gif

Yeah man I agree... Thinking about a respray but I want to change a few things before I go spraying stuff smile.gif

NTG78
    Post #22

What ever you do Don't get another 20 box ... I have killed 4 of them and the 5th one (in the car atm) is making some funny noises lol
    Do what i've done and source a 25 box and tailshaft thumbsup.gif or you could go a Z32 box
    O/T Clean 32

blackvyss
    Post #23

looks mint

pinkydk2m
    Post #24

QUOTE (NTG78 @ Apr 9 2012, 10:41 PM) *
    What ever you do Don't get another 20 box ... I have killed 4 of them and the 5th one (in the car atm) is making some funny noises lol
    Do what i've done and source a 25 box and tailshaft thumbsup.gif or you could go a Z32 box
    O/T Clean 32

Z32 box, havn't heard much about this what's the go? I wanted rb25 box but just couldn't afford it and wanted it running again as soon as possible :/

gutless
    Post #25

Tiny step up from RB25DET box but not a bolt on affair. Need a bellhousing adaptor along with whatever else. Not worth the effort imo when you can just do the normal and use a 25DET box.

pinkydk2m
    Post #26

QUOTE (gutless @ Apr 9 2012, 11:54 PM) *
    Tiny step up from RB25DET box but not a bolt on affair. Need a bellhousing adaptor along with whatever else. Not worth the effort imo when you can just do the normal and use a 25DET box.

Ahk awesome. Not trying to argue with you but doesn't Nigel Petrie make adaptors for the z32 box? Would it be worth buying the adaptor and then saving the money for the cheaper z32 boxes?
    I feel my new box which I got from a prominent importer in Brisbane (Let's not name names) is about to explode. It feels like absolute shit.

gutless
    Post #27

QUOTE (pinkydk2m @ Apr 10 2012, 12:13 AM) *
    Ahk awesome. Not trying to argue with you but doesn't Nigel Petrie make adaptors for the z32 box? Would it be worth buying the adaptor and then saving the money for the cheaper z32 boxes?
    I feel my new box which I got from a prominent importer in Brisbane (Let's not name names) is about to explode. It feels like absolute shit.

Hey whatever works man.

Just do your research, weight it up and decide.

dan-828
    Post #28

hows the power steering leak? has that been sorted yet or did the fella before you just not worry about it as well, oh and dont rev this thing to high or it might pop just letting you know.... haha

pinkydk2m
    Post #29

QUOTE (dan-828 @ Apr 10 2012, 06:54 AM) *
    hows the power steering leak? has that been sorted yet or did the fella before you just not worry about it as well, oh and dont rev this thing to high or it might pop just letting you know.... haha

It doesn't have power steering at all... The wires have been removed, might try and reinstall it at some point.
    Yeah I heard it used to run a high mount truck turbo :/ Did you used to own it?

gutless
    Post #30

Shit. Nothing better than an RB20 you shouldn't rev out.

datsun kid 2
    Post #31

haha its paul i drove this a few weeks ago mate was going to buy it just didnt have any pull rb seems like its dieing.

pinkydk2m
    Post #32

QUOTE (datsun kid 2 @ Apr 10 2012, 09:41 AM) *
    haha its paul i drove this a few weeks ago mate was going to buy it just didnt have any pull rb seems like its dieing.

Time for ls1 wink.gif Nah I'm not sure what I'll do with it... If it explodes it explodes but it pulls hard for me? Off boost it's shit, fuck yeah I totally agree, but as soon as I hit boost it lights them up? Went out the other night and had no worries with 3rd gear munji's in the dry... Was it different for you orrrrr?

pinkydk2m
    Post #33

QUOTE (gutless @ Apr 10 2012, 09:31 AM) *
    Shit. Nothing better than an RB20 you shouldn't rev out.

Haha yeah not too sure about all this, it feels okay to me (not great... but okay). But then again I've only owned n/a cars, this was a bit of an experiment and a learning curve smile.gif

gutless
    Post #34

Get it completely looked over by a workshop and save up for a 25.

pinkydk2m
    Post #35

QUOTE (gutless @ Apr 10 2012, 10:16 AM) *
    Get it completely looked over by a workshop and save up for a 25.

Some might call this crazy but I've been told to go sr20det, better weight distribution, similar power outputs, blah blah blah. Opinions?
    Also I know for sure the throttle body needs cleaning out, could this be a contributing factor to why people who've driven it seem to think it runs shit?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
    Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x