Post #1 post 5th July 2011 - 04:05 AM
My Rodeo,

Named her Rossie.

Engine: 2.6L 4ze1

Exhaust: Stock

Suspension: Lowered all round

Wheels: Stock

Modifications: N/A yet

Stereo Audio / Visual: Sony Xplode cd player and 2x sony xplode 12"x9" and 2 x sony xplod 4"

Estimated Power: 89Kw

More details later.

Modifying to become a major contendor mini truck.

Anybody with information on either a v6 conversion or general mini truck mods please comment.

Thanks

Reedo
1991 Holden Rodeo Tf

Comments

• Boost Network 19
  • wheelzie1989
    Post #2

needs more 1jz

daniel.reed.1994
    Post #3

why would i go to a toyota straight six. they better than a commy v6? and i havent seen a conversion kit for a toyota motor. plus i can pick up a commodore motor for 400ish including a 5 speed box.

hot_hz
    Post #4

Are you for serious noob?

09ONE
    Post #5

QUOTE (daniel.reed.1994 @ Jul 5 2011, 10:33 PM) *
    why would i go to a toyota straight six. they better than a commy v6? and i havent seen a conversion kit for a toyota motor. plus i can pick up a commodore motor for 400ish including a 5 speed box.

A "commy v6" and a 1JZ-GTE should not even be used in the same sentence.

I 2nd are you serious noob.

daniel.reed.1994
    Post #6

lol. so i should go with the 1jz? and we know this is for a p plater legal ute? cant go turbo or anything.

and even with just one google search i checked and it does run a turbo. not p plater legal. hence not a valid choice for me unless i take the turbo off and then that would probably mean a new ecu or whateva so it wasnt trying to get the power from a turbo.

josh...ute...
    Post #7

Umm even if you put your bombadore motor in it, that wont be legal. No mod plates on your P's...

SkiDMaN
    Post #8

lol

Nothingman
    Post #9

QUOTE (daniel.reed.1994 @ Jul 6 2011, 08:33 AM) *
    lol. so i should go with the 1jz? and we know this is for a p plater legal ute? cant go turbo or anything.

and even with just one google search i checked and it does run a turbo. not p plater legal. hence not a valid choice for me unless i take the turbo off and then that would probably mean a new ecu or whateva so it wasnt trying to get the power from a turbo.

You realize you can't drive a modified car on your P plates right?

High powered vehicles
    • You are not allowed to drive high powered vehicles including vehicles with any of the following:
    • an engine that has a power output of more than 200kW or
    • eight or more cylinders or
    • a turbocharged or supercharged engine (except diesel powered engines) or
    • a modified engine requiring approval under the Transport Operations (Road Use Management – Vehicle Standards and Safety) Regulation 1999, section 30 or
    • a rotary engine that has an engine capacity in excess of 1146cc

source - go to page 4
    Additional Source - go to page 30
    Third Source - go to page 11, modification code LA

Never having done this myself I'm only using the documentation from the government, it appears that engine replacement is a modification that requires a mod plate which is not allowed on provisional plates. I could be wrong here, get clarification from the department of transport in your state. I've looked up QLD information, if you're from another state the information here: https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=472350 might be a good place to start.

tomopo
    Post #10

Why make it fast? Its a ute.
    Check out my rodeo.

BrendanXD
    Post #11

QUOTE (SkiDMaN @ Jul 6 2011, 09:38 AM) *
    lol

thumbsup.gif
    head_wall.gif

Gagginforit
    Post #12

Oh this will end well.

OP, just drive it as a ute, i doubt it will end up a "MAJOR CONTENDOR MINITRUCK" save your cash man, buy a better starting block and work from there if your seriously keen. Dont waste your time/money.

Keep it as it is, its a tidy looking run of the mill ute, carry your hay on it, move house with it, dont bash a shit motor in it, cannon neons and start wearing tights and a flat cap man.

Keep it real dude. Stay in school, dont do drugs! thumbsup.gif

Gagginforit
    Post #13

Oh and dont call her rossie! Or is it supposed to be Rosie? Like rose, with an ee on the end?

2FAS74U
    Post #14

my friend had one of these, named it ronda she had a tilt tray, that is all

daniel.reed.1994
    Post #15

lol. thanks everyone. im calling her rossie cause she is a red rodeo. she is my first car and as stupid as this sounds i love her. to dodge the legal shit im gonna tell the rta or whoever that the motor blew and im wanting to put a new motor in it instead of buying a whole new car. hopefully there stupid enough to believe that. and she isnt a good ute. ive spent close to 2000 bucks getting her running properly. only just had a new clutch master cylinder and slave put in today. need to replace the fuel pump then she is set. might be easier to keep the 4ze1 (pretty sure thats what im running) and then just do body work and sound systems and shit. then when i get my blacks turn her into a project ute when i get a proper car. plus a ute wont be handy soon cause of family shit so she will become un used anyways.

Anchor
    Post #16

You are a dickhead. That is all. Another wanker P plater trying to escape the laws.

Nothingman
    Post #17

QUOTE (daniel.reed.1994 @ Jul 6 2011, 08:50 PM) *
    to dodge the legal shit im gonna tell the rta or whoever that the motor blew and im wanting to put a new motor in it instead of buying a whole new car. hopefully there stupid enough to believe that.

This will not work, you are better off getting something legal and cheap until you are on your opens.

Also, insurance will not cover you, if you crash into something/someone you are going to be up for the entire bill.

Gagginforit
    Post #18

Why ruin a perfectly good ute? If you want to ruin a car, go buy a project commodore, at least the parts are easier to obtain!

corza_29
    Post #19

geez i can see you losing your licence in about 2months.... good luck to you sir! I cant believe kids these days think the police and department of transport are that stupid! dude seriously wake up to yourself no lame excuse will save you, they have heard everything already.

Keep it as a stock ute to keep you safe and to get you around and when your off your P's then look into something worth pumping $1000's into, this rodeo model has a very high headgasket blowing rate at around 300 000k's so keep an eye on it! cheers

daniel.reed.1994
    Post #20

the current motor in it is the original and its at 450k so it should go soon. starting to think about trying to either sell it or swap it for a family car or a bigger ute depending on where i move at the end of this year. the rodeo is rubbish on fuel in the city but great on long stretches.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x