• Lux boy
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 14,079
Post #1 post 19th February 2011 - 06:10 AM
[b]Engine: 22r with injection going on

[b]Exhaust: modified to suit suspension

[b]Suspension: Airbag

[b]Wheels: 18's

[b]Modifications: Bagged, bodydropped, shortied, shaved, new sills, new model tail lights, phantom grill, tubular control arms, rear clipped and 4 linked, tubbed front and rear, ect ect

[b]Stereo Audio / Visual: Kenwood multimedia station

[b]Estimated Power: LOL

Passed engineering last weekend :-) now for rego on the old girl
1989 Toyota Hilux Ute

Comments

• Boost Network 64
  • BLOWNVTSS
    Post #2

YEAH THAT'S PRETTY LOW

DisLow_
    Post #3

This looks sick dude.

Lux boy
    Post #4

hahah it sure is!! I know not many people on here like the modified utes/minitrucks but as you can see alot of time and effort has gone into this! it will be nice when its finished and painted but for now i'm just trying to make sure there are no problems before i do the final touches.......

SnaZZie 1
    Post #5

QUOTE (Lux boy @ Feb 20 2011, 01:14 AM) *
    hahah it sure is!! I know not many people on here like the modified utes/minitrucks but as you can see alot of time and effort has gone into this! it will be nice when its finished and painted but for now i'm just trying to make sure there are no problems before i do the final touches.......

Everyones different, if you like this style you will want to have something like this, it doesnt matter what other people say thats their own negativity.

I like it, looks like a fun cruiser

derb
    Post #6

I'm impressed it passed engineering and is totally legal. It's cool to see something so extreme yet legal.

Lux boy
    Post #7

obviously it has to have bumpstops in which were in for engineering and will be in for everyday driving that don't let it lower than 100mm! there is a pretty massive process you have to go through to get it engineered and to make sure the mods you are doing can be approved

jebby88
    Post #8

You said it passed engineering?....but i thought it was illegal to have it bagged. If so how are engineers allowed to pass it

UNITED STYLES: CRESSIE
    Post #9

NSW

Lux boy
    Post #10

^^^^spot on

luvdsubys
    Post #11

Looks Phat az layin rail mate , nice job!

Post #12

top work, there has been time and money spent on this thing

slokey
    Post #13

Now this is a real minitruck. :drool:

Lux boy
    Post #14

cheers man!!! And 4221, yeah dude, was all done at customworks in sydney buy a qualified chassis builder so you know the work is quality! there is over $30k worth of chassis and suspension and body work on this........lol and its still just a ute :-) ha

PERFORMANCE07
    Post #15

Usually not a fan of old work utes been made to look like a half painted, cut springs ect POS.

But i appreciate the effort gone into this as it seems to have been done right.

BTW needs engine mods/conversion as that must be slooooooooooooooooow

Lux boy
    Post #16

hahaha yeah the olf 22r is a bit of a turtle....all in good time though! I bought all the stuff and the microtech computer to convert it from carby to fuel injection which will add about another 2Kw LOL but will be a little better on fuel and won't have so much lag!! This is just going to be my daily to drive to and from work, I'm also building a bagged and bodydropped toyota surf on a 2wd chassis.....it has a 1uz under the hood with a few suprises, that will be my fun car....:-)

a few sneek pics of my surf

Lux boy
    Post #17

QUOTE (PERFORMANCE07 @ Feb 20 2011, 12:47 AM) *
    Usually not a fan of old work utes been made to look like a half painted, cut springs ect POS.

But i appreciate the effort gone into this as it seems to have been done right.

BTW needs engine mods/conversion as that must be slooooooooooooooooow

that seems to be the Qld way with utes, primer patches and dodgy work which is a shame :-( puts the wrong idea out there and ruines it for others...thanks for the kind words anyway mate

Silver Surfer
    Post #18

QUOTE (slokey @ Feb 20 2011, 12:38 AM) *
    Now this is a real minitruck. :drool:

this!

176OES
    Post #19

QUOTE (Lux boy @ Feb 20 2011, 12:14 AM) *

The only reason we hate these things is that for every 0.0000001% of people who do it right, the flipside is there is 99.9999999% of sister touching P plate fuckwits who dont, and think that by wearing a flatbrim and slapping on unit stickers and chromies with chopped springs, they have the same thing.

Congrats on being the minority, you've done a great job and I can definitely appreciate it :drool:

rorrie
    Post #20

wow 30 grand on chasis fuk had know idea the amount it costs 2 do this good work keep us posted wen you do more work nice low lux

G-uni7
    Post #21

only one i have liked is chads

VTR
    Post #22

Not bad going as "mini-trucks" go.

kahoo
    Post #23

thats wicked, love the phantom grill and how you used the newer shape taillights, definately lots of work. what colour you thinking?

candy1
    Post #24

wow that surf doesnt look like it has anything under it.. awsome work mate.. top job cant wait to see it all painted up ...

boricua
    Post #25

duude that fuckn sweet if ya want i can send ya pics of my old 2005 mini truck hilux fully bagged up and notch kitted .. :drool:

boricua
    Post #26

QUOTE (176OES @ Feb 20 2011, 01:10 AM) *
    The only reason we hate these things is that for every 0.0000001% of people who do it right, the flipside is there is 99.9999999% of sister touching P plate fuckwits who dont, and think that by wearing a flatbrim and slapping on unit stickers and chromies with chopped springs, they have the same thing.

Congrats on being the minority, you've done a great job and I can definitely appreciate it :drool:

hahaha agree with ya on that one dude ..

nferno
    Post #27

Love it!

ThunderBolt
    Post #28

♥ it

DC KUSTOMS
    Post #29

Praise the lowered. Finally someone is getting it right on this site, it's about time a proper mini truck was posted up not some hacked at half arsed effort. Love your work mate and appreciate every bit of it. The Surf's always look good slammed and their is a few nice examples about.

I am in the process of body dropping mine and installing the front tubs. Chassis is almost done and by the time it's finished people's jaws will drop as low as my truck.
    Dual cab Navara, shaved n smoothed, body dropped, rear chassis clip, fibreglass dash and 13b J port, 5 speed, 9" diff. Painting every part and will be show quality top to bottom..

Ryan_Chandler
    Post #30

lol

ChristosR33
    Post #31

jizzz

St162x
    Post #32

Ive seen lower...

:unsure:

wolfman101
    Post #33

Holy crap,
    that is a lot of money and good work to make something that looks bad.

11SLI
    Post #34

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Feb 20 2011, 10:04 AM) *
    Holy crap,
    that is a lot of money and good work to make something that looks bad.

Your as bad as that Enrique faggot!

Quality stuff all thru it mate, looks mint :unsure:

wolfman101
    Post #35

QUOTE (11SLI @ Feb 20 2011, 09:12 AM) *
    Your as bad as that Enrique faggot!

Quality stuff all thru it mate, looks mint :unsure:

Yep,
    I like different stuff to you. OMG I'M A FAGGOT.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
    Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x