Nissan Silvia S13  

celica76
  • celica76
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 66,806
Post #1 post 6th February 2011 - 07:35 PM
Engine: RB20DET

Picked this car up not long ago, just want to learn a bit about it if anybody has seen it before, or knows an old owner I would like to know any info about it.

Doing this build thread for advice, its my first import build and I would like any tips or help along the way.

Thanks

Nissan Silvia S13

Comments

• Boost Network 30
  • E U R E K A M A D 9 4
    Post #2

Looks like you'll be entertained for quite a while with the condition of that!

G/l with it tho.

Ticc
    Post #3

dont know the car but, what do you want to know about building it? assume you want to drift. common stuff coilovers, swaybars, tough clutch. looks a little rough like its had a hard life you might want to do your cradle bushes general stuff... have fun with it

krayziebenno
    Post #4

some more pics and info wouldn't hurt, but good base for a project. good luck with it

W1NT3R
    Post #5

Any more specs on it?

celica76
    Post #6

Yeah its a bit of a project, here's some photos of what I have done so far

Have put on 50mm wide rear guards, got side skirts that I am working on

repaired the front bar, it is still a bit rough in this photo , but does anyone know what sort of front bar it is?

Got a front mount but havent got it hooked up yet until I work out the condition of the motor

At the moment I am trying to get all the wiring worked out to get it started

*Tricky*
    Post #7

As much of a piece of useless shit this looks like...Im actually looking forward to see the end result.

2FAS74U
    Post #8

no body kit expert but looks to be vertex maybe??? GL with it, gonna be sick wen finished

JZX83LOVE
    Post #9

Remove shaven doors ASAP!

celica76
    Post #10

QUOTE (2FAS74U @ Feb 6 2011, 07:58 PM) *
    no body kit expert but looks to be vertex maybe??? GL with it, gonna be sick wen finished

thanks, have looked it up and they seem pretty close but not quite

celica76
    Post #11

QUOTE (Ticc @ Feb 6 2011, 07:38 PM) *
    dont know the car but, what do you want to know about building it? assume you want to drift. common stuff coilovers, swaybars, tough clutch. looks a little rough like its had a hard life you might want to do your cradle bushes general stuff... have fun with it

Mainly about the RB20DET in it, is it worth fixing it up, or should I just pull it out and put in a new motor?

Looking for coilovers and swaybars at the moment, if anyone knows of any second hand ones for sale?

Also after spacers for the rear wheels

cmy180sx
    Post #12

depends on how much cash you wanna throw at the car, RB20det's are pretty crappy IMO at least a 25 would be nice with much nicer power figure but the we could go on all night about other engines VQ30's 1jz's 2jz's etc etc then we lead into drive terrain G-box's, Diffs and brake upgrade.

Go and do yourself a favour and read my friend as the biggest key in life is knowladge!

also there is a set of coilovers in the forsale section for $800 i think.

GL! :mamoru:

GTRVspec95
    Post #13

It's a modified BN SPORTS front bar, they've closed the indicator holes and added height to the intercooler opening.

Original BN SPORTS

Modified BN SPORTS

LO__DEO
    Post #14

i have the same front bar on my s13 as well its just as above
    looks like it will be fun GL with it

celica76
    Post #15

thanks heaps thats the front bar alright and yeh i know its a pretty open question about the motor makes it hard to answer it makes it hard when i know nothing about what condition its in i'm going to build a 25 but sorta just want to get this one running to have a bit of fun while i build another motor thanks everyone on all the advice

$koundral
    Post #16

unless u got it for free id send it too the dump and get something thats less fucked and wont be as much work to fix lol if not it will be alot of work mite as well get rid of hte rb20 anyways they are gutless sr20 or rb25 it and either way it will cost a bit unless u can do all the work urself gl with it

celica76
    Post #17

QUOTE ($koundral @ Feb 6 2011, 08:59 PM) *
    unless u got it for free id send it too the dump and get something thats less fucked and wont be as much work to fix lol if not it will be alot of work mite as well get rid of hte rb20 anyways they are gutless sr20 or rb25 it and either way it will cost a bit unless u can do all the work urself gl with it

I'm a spray painter, so the panel work doesnt worry me, I dont want to buy a perfect car I just want something to do in my spare time and build up to drift. I have a new car out the front for reliability, this ones just for fun :mamoru:

mtopxsecret6
    Post #18

There's nothing wrong with a 20, they make the same power as a 25, just they don't have any low down torque, its the only benefit for a 25, the 26 was produced from the 20 base, it cant be that bad. A 20 in a s13 is a good combination, more cylinders = less effort to produce the same amount of 2ltr power as compared to an sr20. Though everybody will tell you to ditch the 20.. just cause its 2 ltrs.. It's in there already so stick with the 20.

celica76
    Post #19

Thanks for that, might be worth working it out and having some fun with that motor first

Familka GTR
    Post #20

nothing wrong with an rb20, its in there, get it running and dont mis treat it too much, service it and dont get her too hot and it will last forever

VZ_commo
    Post #21

pics of interior.

insertcoolname
    Post #22

faarrrrkkk that.

vectorazz
    Post #23

have fun with this

HSV.374
    Post #24

Sweet jesus, previous owner needs a swift kick to the head.

celica76
    Post #25

Thank you very much to the previous owner who pm 'd me got her turning over now i can check compression thanks a heap.

And all you haters keep it coming just makes me more keen to get it to a track

hja
    Post #26

hope u have a little spare time haha gl thou.

MPM
    Post #27

QUOTE (*Tricky* @ Feb 6 2011, 08:55 PM) *
    As much of a piece of useless shit this looks like...Im actually looking forward to see the end result.

This

celica76
    Post #28

slowly getting it all prepped to paint, just wondering if anyone wants to show me what colour they think I should paint it-share some small photos if you like, I'm just not sure what colour to do it in. Part of the problem of being a painter is I have too many options and keep changing my mind!

Roo's RX7
    Post #29

I reckon you should go a midnight blue, would look sweet. Well done on the progress you have made, looks like it will be a nice car when its all done.

celica76
    Post #30

Took out the motor today, ready to paint engine bay and get a new motor. This RB20DET and gearbox is for sale if anybody is interested, make an offer

Heres a photo of my other project taking up space in the carport, have to sell it to fund the Silvia, but dont want to, its such a good ute

sexy_beema
    Post #31

this is my mates old car it was rear ended and half fixed and sold dude the old owner lived in parkwood on da gold coast ok mate pm me if u wanna know more

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x