2002 Holden Ute SS - VIC: Melbourne  

Catapult
  • Catapult
  • I shit with the door open
  • Member No.: 123,299
Post #1 post 19th March 2013 - 06:47 PM
Hey all,
Pretty basic so far i guess but I'm looking at changing the style up shortly, currently purchasing a house has a lot of my cash tied up.

The story so far....
Lowered front and back on pedders shocks, sssl springs in the rear and ssl in the front.
It's had some steelies built so they're nice and wide at the back with a decent amount of rubber wrapped around em.
Twin 3" xforce pipes from a decent set of extractors have it sounding pretty dam loud and lumpy.
There's a mild amount of engine work but nothing too crazy.
The auto has been completely built so it's nice and agressive, revving harder and shifting incredibly hard.
A sunroof has been installed for a little extra cool as well as a decent tint on the windows and a full stereo to make a little noise.
I've also painted the front back and side badges gloss black too for a little face lift.

The next plans are to change the studs to a jap pattern and to look into a set of work rims, im still playing around in paintshop as the choice could either make or destroy the look.

Anyway check it out and let me know what you think

This post has been edited by Catapult: Mar 21 2013, 07:40 PM
2002 Holden Ute Ss
2002 Holden Ute Ss
2002 Holden Ute Ss

--------------------
[quote name='gagginforit' The thing walked out of my shoe, gave me the finger and walked off. I was more scared it was going to take me down with a roundhouse kick to the throat rather than a bite.[/quote]

Comments

• Boost Network 11
  • T-R-D
    Post #2

whats a jap pattern?

Bennis
    Post #3

never heard the term jap pattern but he would be talking about 5x114.3. Nissan/ford/toyota PCD.

Catapult
    Post #4

Yeah sorry, i should have elaborated. But yes as Bennis said, the nissan/ford/toyota stud pattern

vy57ss
    Post #5

Looks tough now, don't see many jap inspired wheels on vy/z. Think it could look horrid, spend the money on go fast bits instead

Bennis
    Post #6

18x10 work xd9's look nice on similar year model falcons, would look good on this too. just make sure you get the 18x10 with the low offset (+18). The 18x9.5 and other lower offset ones have heaps less dish and dont look as good.

Catapult
    Post #7

QUOTE (vy57ss @ Mar 20 2013, 04:48 PM) *
    Looks tough now, don't see many jap inspired wheels on vy/z. Think it could look horrid, spend the money on go fast bits instead

Thanks! I have thought about a bigger cam etc but I've just got rid of very decently powered 180sx and an r32 prior to that, im toying with the idea of leaving the power lowish.... we'll see how long that lasts tho

QUOTE (Bennis @ Mar 20 2013, 10:00 PM) *
    18x10 work xd9's look nice on similar year model falcons, would look good on this too. just make sure you get the 18x10 with the low offset (+18). The 18x9.5 and other lower offset ones have heaps less dish and dont look as good.

I might have actually been inspired by the same ute that you've seen. I saw a red ba with white work xd9s at a cruise and it looked magnificent

Twist
    Post #8

Fcuk the jap rims and get Convo Pro's.

swervedriver
    Post #9

Actually XD9s only come in 18x10 +18 and 18x10 +38 and they both have the same (3") dish
    They also come in 17x9.5 which has slightly less dish regardless of offset

53XXN_ST80
    Post #10

QUOTE (Twist @ Mar 21 2013, 07:25 PM) *
    Fcuk the jap rims and get Convo Pro's.

This x10372472274

Bennis
    Post #11

QUOTE (swervedriver @ Mar 22 2013, 09:07 AM) *
    Actually XD9s only come in 18x10 +18 and 18x10 +38 and they both have the same (3") dish
    They also come in 17x9.5 which has slightly less dish regardless of offset

Correct but I was reffering to the 18x9 +20 variation.

They have an 18x9 +20 that has less dish. Alot of RWD people run 18x9 +20 fronts and 18x10 +18 rears.

Heres a picture of that setup.

666 FC
    Post #12

Looks tuff the way it is.....I would not change anything

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x