2001 Mercedes A190 AMG  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
toranaslr
Post #36

AMG or not, that looks pretty tuff. Would be sweet to cruise around the city in. Good on petrol?

wolfman101
Post #37

QUOTE (toranaslr @ Oct 3 2011, 11:41 PM) *
AMG or not, that looks pretty tuff. Would be sweet to cruise around the city in. Good on petrol?

57enz
Post #38

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Oct 3 2011, 10:54 AM) *
Even if it is a "legit" AMG kit, I GUARANTEE that it didn't come out of the factory with that badge on the back. Most likely the dealer put it on to help move the car. PLEASE take it off. I have an M-sport BMW that I don't feel the need to badge, and I used to have another AMG car in all but name, which I ALSO didn't badge.

Please remove.

Kthanx.

What about the C200's with the "AMG Sports Package" Should it have a AMG badge? PM what you think about this also if possible, my parents just bought a new C200 and its great as it is.

wolfman101
Post #39

QUOTE (57enz @ Oct 4 2011, 11:25 AM) *
What about the C200's with the "AMG Sports Package" Should it have a AMG badge? PM what you think about this also if possible, my parents just bought a new C200 and its great as it is.

Why PM?

No, of course it should not be "AMG" badged. M-sports and AMG pack cars should have no "M" or "AMG" badges on the outside. That is reserved for the genuine articles.

IL6T
Post #40

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Oct 4 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Why PM?

No, of course it should not be "AMG" badged. M-sports and AMG pack cars should have no "M" or "AMG" badges on the outside. That is reserved for the genuine articles.

^this

☺☺☺
Post #41

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Oct 3 2011, 10:54 AM) *
Even if it is a "legit" AMG kit, I GUARANTEE that it didn't come out of the factory with that badge on the back. Most likely the dealer put it on to help move the car. PLEASE take it off. I have an M-sport BMW that I don't feel the need to badge, and I used to have another AMG car in all but name, which I ALSO didn't badge.

Please remove.

Kthanx.

blah blah blah

wolfman101
Post #42

QUOTE (☺☺☺ @ Oct 5 2011, 09:44 PM) *
blah blah blah

How informative.

Distinctive.Detail
Post #43

It came from Mercedes with the Badge...

Don't see your point "wolfman" ....

It's factory as fuck, I've only upgraded the stereo...
It's cheap on fuel, great a 2 b for the misses.

AMG made an A-Class A38 it has two engines, one up front and one in the back.
All wheel drive A-Class.
They do modify A-Class, mine however I know didn't come from AMG factory but was factory fitted with "AMG Style Package" by Mercedes... so why would I remove factory badges just to please you?
It is better to look at then most A-Class on the roads... And I'm happy with the purchase.

You sound like the biggest wanker.

I would totally agree with you if it was some poverty A-Class sporting eBay badges.
But it's clearly different to most and quite obviously genuine.

wolfman101
Post #44

QUOTE (Distinctive.Detail @ Oct 9 2011, 11:18 AM) *
It came from Mercedes with the Badge...

Don't see your point "wolfman" ....

It's factory as fuck, I've only upgraded the stereo...
It's cheap on fuel, great a 2 b for the misses.

AMG made an A-Class A38 it has two engines, one up front and one in the back.
All wheel drive A-Class.
They do modify A-Class, mine however I know didn't come from AMG factory but was factory fitted with "AMG Style Package" by Mercedes... so why would I remove factory badges just to please you?
It is better to look at then most A-Class on the roads... And I'm happy with the purchase.

You sound like the biggest wanker.

I would totally agree with you if it was some poverty A-Class sporting eBay badges.
But it's clearly different to most and quite obviously genuine.

I've actually already stated that I feel it's likely "genuine" in the sense that it may well be an official styling package. What dealer did you purchase it from? I can guarantee that even if it is a "proper" AMG pack (but not AMG built, remember) car, it would not have come with that badge.

This is not the way it works.

ie;
if you order a C-class with the "AMG Package" you get wheels, body kit, steering wheel, etc.-but no badge. That is reserved for an AMG PRODUCED vehicle (The C63, in that case). Same goes for BMW and "M Sport" cars. My X3 is M-Sport...no badges. Only ACTUAL M-cars have those.

My point is:
That badge was put on after the car arrived. It is not that uncommon for dealers to put them on AMG Pack cars to draw attention to them. If the car wasn't produced by AMG, it won't have a badge.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
18 User(s) are reading this topic (18 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x