Exemption For A 1996 Nissan Skyline R33 Gts-t (turbo Charged)  

Page 3 of 8
Jump to page
Shadow Of A Doubt
Post #71

It is. People are impatient, and stuck behind someone like that, would mean impatient people would then do stupid things.

Fail NSW Government.

truffles
Post #72

QUOTE (slo14 @ May 31 2011, 02:58 PM) *
cant u get fined for goin slow?

in that situation, since it is legistlated in NSW for inexperienced drivers to drive at certain speeds - No.

although in normal circumstances I'm under the impression it is possible to be fined for "driving too slow". The offence, however, would not be listed as that. Since it's never been an issue for me, I've never looked up the creteria pertaining to such an offence.

koodo
Post #73

Oi u stupid P plater, stop trying to be cool by getting an illegal car, just buy a ute or 4x4 so that u can go offroad, soo much better man, so hou oop piss jou vokken kaffar wessel

Shadow Of A Doubt
Post #74

^lolwhut.

slo14
Post #75

QUOTE (koodo @ May 31 2011, 03:04 PM) *
Oi u stupid P plater, stop trying to be cool by getting an illegal car, just buy a ute or 4x4 so that u can go offroad, soo much better man, so hou oop piss jou vokken kaffar wessel

and dont forget to drop fully sick skids at ur local servo smile.gif

iamhappy46
Post #76

QUOTE (slo14 @ May 31 2011, 02:23 PM) *
haha me too smile.gif aint we lucky buggers haha tongue.gif

Pfft, I did not even need to get an exemption though tongue.gif I got my full licence in 1998 but in 2006 got issued with a Learners Licence in NSW(the Backwards State) so after getting pulled over driving a few times, I got shafted and lost my licence for 2 years. Ended up getting a Qld licence and the Learner Licence was the last licence I was issued with, so went from L's to P's and get my fulls in a few weeks... then transfer back to NSW with a full licence unlike the 3 years of BS that NSW wanted me to go through lol

QUOTE (Shadow Of A Doubt @ May 31 2011, 02:48 PM) *
^This.

I meant, I have never heard of you must be able to drive manual to get your opens. Sure, it wouldn't be a "full" Licence, but you still be on opens. dunno.gif

And. Lol at the max speed of 90. So if you're on a 110 freeway, you still can only go 90? Lolwhut.

I was refering to the OP and his claim that family member can only drive the other car(the auto) and thus, they must either be an auto restricted P plater or are a full licence holder and just cant handle that scary 3rd pedal to change gears.

It is perfectly legal(in NSW atleast) to get an auto P licence, get your full licence and then drive whatever the fuck you want.

mark1414
Post #77

OP the one detail you forgot out of your great story is that you dont even own the car. DOT is not going to grant you an exemption because you bought a gtst skyline 2 weeks ago and are now applying for an exemption. The laws have been in for about 4 years now, even an idiot can think ahead and realise they are not legally allowed to drive that car so why would they buy it in the first place...

mark1414
Post #78

QUOTE (iamhappy46 @ May 31 2011, 03:19 PM) *
I was refering to the OP and his claim that family member can only drive the other car(the auto) and thus, they must either be an auto restricted P plater or are a full licence holder and just cant handle that scary 3rd pedal to change gears.

It is perfectly legal(in NSW atleast) to get an auto P licence, get your full licence and then drive whatever the fuck you want.

It is not in QLD though. To drive a manual here by yourself you must have passed the test in a manual car.

patrick_h_oz
Post #79

QUOTE (slo14 @ May 31 2011, 02:58 PM) *
cant u get fined for goin slow?

I've been pulled up for it. I saw the cop car behind me as I entered roadworks so I stayed at 40 until I saw the End Roadworks sign.. about 100m past the where the work actually finished. Just as I reach it on come the blue and reds LOL.

First cop asked me why I was going so slow. I told him, "I knew you guys were behind me so there was no way I was going over 40 until I saw the End Roadworks sign'. He went to check my license and rego. While he doing that the other cop jokes that he bets its the first time I've ever been pulled up for going too slow. 'Yeah'. lol

A couple of minutes later I was on my way, driving sedately at 60, grandma style! hsdance.gif

gutless
Post #80

QUOTE (mark1414 @ May 31 2011, 03:22 PM) *
It is not in QLD though. To drive a manual here by yourself you must have passed the test in a manual car.

true shit in qld.
different story in nsw. if you get your p's in an auto then you have an auto licence for a year.passing green p's allows you to drive both as does gaining full licence.

slo14
Post #81

or u can just upgrade to a mr truck license and b able to drive both smile.gif

WESSEL94
Post #82

QUOTE (iamhappy46 @ May 31 2011, 01:23 PM) *
So you have another already P plater in the family, cause only P platers can be issued with Auto only licences. If they are a full licence holder and just have not learnt to drive a manual, they will just laugh in your face.

I am currently driving a car with an 200+Kw engine conversion, also a TT V8 and occasionally a new WRX STi on my Queensland P Plates... all done legally.

Sucks to be you

yes the other driver is a p plater and on what basis did u get the exemption

Poontoss
Post #83

No. I can tell you right now (after spending a year and a half being taught by cops) that they'll tell you to either A). sell it and buy a P plate legal vehicle or B). drive the automatic vehicle that your family has.

WESSEL94
Post #84

QUOTE (truffles @ May 31 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Indeed. Learners are even lower, at 80km/h.

well that is incorrect because in QLD p platers are allowed to drive 110

180sxy
Post #85

You would have better chance of getting a F18 to fly to work

Poontoss
Post #86

QUOTE (180sxy @ May 31 2011, 04:02 PM) *
You would have better chance of getting a F18 to fly to work

Well said good sir, well said.

WESSEL94
Post #87

In the Original post i asked:

I have recently been looking at getting an exemption for a 1996 NISSAN SKYLINE R33 GTS-T since the laws in Queensland restricts P plater from Buying turbo charged cars. as a point of interest I would like to know if anyone has gone through the same problem before and succeeded?

truffles
Post #88

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 31 2011, 03:57 PM) *
well that is incorrect because in QLD p platers are allowed to drive 110

You fucking deadshit, I was referring to NSW license holders. jerkit.gif

truffles
Post #89

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 31 2011, 04:10 PM) *
In the Original post i asked:

I have recently been looking at getting an exemption for a 1996 NISSAN SKYLINE R33 GTS-T since the laws in Queensland restricts P plater from Buying turbo charged cars. as a point of interest I would like to know if anyone has gone through the same problem before and succeeded?

Want to know why no one has posted that they have succeeded in your situation? Because they don't give exemptions to stupid cunts who try to circumnavigate these laws.

Buy a car you can legally drive and fuck off.

WESSEL94
Post #90

QUOTE (truffles @ May 31 2011, 04:14 PM) *
Want to know why no one has posted that they have succeeded in your situation? Because they don't give exemptions to stupid cunts who try to circumnavigate these laws.

Buy a car you can legally drive and fuck off.

who has actually tried???

truffles
Post #91

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 31 2011, 04:19 PM) *
who has actually tried???

QUOTE (webby93 @ May 31 2011, 01:40 PM) *
I already had a turbo 33 and they knocked back my application. BTW I work part time in a car yard as well, they still didn't care that I may need it to ferry high powered vehicles. Sell the 33, find a clean N/A one to drive around in like I did, then buy a turbo one just before you gain opens.

It's not what you want to hear, but it's how it is. N/A's aren't powerhouses full stop, so get something that looks nice and suffer like the rest of us

There you go, and his reason for exemption is an infinite number of times better than yours.

alpharx7
Post #92

this thread needs some streetfame33

Poontoss
Post #93

Firstly just ask yourself, "why do I want a turbo charged car over a P plate legal car?"

They're banned for a reason man, young drivers hoon in them. It's just a fact of life.

Ralli
Post #94

QUOTE (someblackguy @ May 31 2011, 01:37 PM) *
theres only one exemption ive heard of actually being accepted and that was by my mates younger brother

he was working as a detailer for metro ford (i think, or one of them) and part of his job was to drive cars from the depot to the dealership. being a p-plater, it would have meant he wasnt able to drive the xr6 turbo, xr5 turbo, any of the FPV (all v8's) or even the turbodiesel ford rangers. He managed to get the exemption pretty easy as his boss wrote an accompanying letter stating the exemption was needed because if it wasnt granted, he would most definitely have his position terminated. Even in such case, the letter had to be on paper that had the company header logo on it and a full business phone number. The receptionist told him jokingly, "yep, we've had the people in with a scrunched up foolscap page that looks like its been ripped out of their own high school exercise book, with some barely legible sob story that could have been written by anyone".

Yes you can get an exemption if you work for a car dealership and have to drive these types of cars for work, however you will find that it's only during work hours and there are strict restrictions on it ...

b3n_rix
Post #95

My friend is getting her ps shortly and the only car she has to drive is my s14 her immediate family don't own a car and she will be needing to get to tafe from her house which has no public transport. Is it possible to get an exemption for this.

I am on my opens so i don't completely understand the ins and outs of the restrictions.

Poontoss
Post #96

QUOTE (b3n_rix @ May 31 2011, 05:58 PM) *
My friend is getting her ps shortly and the only car she has to drive is my s14 her immediate family don't own a car and she will be needing to get to tafe from her house which has no public transport. Is it possible to get an exemption for this.

I am on my opens so i don't completely understand the ins and outs of the restrictions.

I'd ring them up and ask, you can't lose anything from doing that. In my honest opinion I highly doubt it though, the transport department will find any reason to say no just like an insurance company will find any reason to get out of paying a claim mamoru.gif

ohh sv6 ve
Post #97

in my opinion mate that should pass if u own it already and is in a family members name including rego u say u cant afford another car of ur own and its a family car and they will let u off to apply for a examption 2-4 weeks and 33$ fee mate

truffles
Post #98

QUOTE (ohh sv6 ve @ May 31 2011, 06:05 PM) *
in my opinion mate that should pass if u own it already and is in a family members name including rego u say u cant afford another car of ur own and its a family car and they will let u off to apply for a examption 2-4 weeks and 33$ fee mate

This doesn't mean anything. The laws have been established for 1 day short of 47 months, so i'm guessing which one came first and any attempt to purchase a car like that is an obvious ploy to get an exemption to drive it.

That's a fucking cop out. It's called sell the skyline and buy a p-plate legal car.

Transport and Main Roads aren't idiots, they can see when someone tries to flaunt the system. So once again, fuck off.

DAL32
Post #99

QUOTE (iamhappy46 @ May 31 2011, 03:19 PM) *

I find it really funny that you can. If you had never driven a manual car and you can legally do it, well stuff that. But I guess most people have the common sense to learn a manual before they go buying a manual car after only driving automatic. Then again whether you are restricted to auto is only defined by what car you are tested in.

Reminds me of the time when I was stuck behind this Hilux on a hill at some traffic lights who stalled it repeatedly until the lights went red again! Not an L plate in sight and they just sucked.

gutless
Post #100

QUOTE (DAL32 @ May 31 2011, 07:12 PM) *
I find it really funny that you can. If you had never driven a manual car and you can legally do it, well stuff that. But I guess most people have the common sense to learn a manual before they go buying a manual car after only driving automatic. Then again whether you are restricted to auto is only defined by what car you are tested in.

Reminds me of the time when I was stuck behind this Hilux on a hill at some traffic lights who stalled it repeatedly until the lights went red again! Not an L plate in sight and they just sucked.

i drove autos for 4 years and practiced manual once for 15 minutes and then woops i bought a manual 33 with 250hp and a sporty clutch. fun times to learn how to drive manual lol.

truffles
Post #101

QUOTE (gutless @ May 31 2011, 06:39 PM) *
i drove autos for 4 years and practiced manual once for 15 minutes and then woops i bought a manual 33 with 250hp and a sporty clutch. fun times to learn how to drive manual lol.

Can be done. I went the opposite, learned how to drive in a BF XR6 turbo and then had to go back to a 1.5l lancer, given that I missed out on the old legislation by a few measely months.

iamhappy46
Post #102

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 31 2011, 03:50 PM) *
yes the other driver is a p plater and on what basis did u get the exemption

You wont get an exemption. They will tell you to catch a taxi before they give you an exemption.

mariahayes
Post #103

I am a business lady. Which business car is suitable for me?

Shane04
Post #104

Sniff paint

180sxy
Post #105

What kind of business, lady? wink.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 8
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
34 User(s) are reading this topic (34 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x