Exemption For A 1996 Nissan Skyline R33 Gts-t (turbo Charged)  

Page 2 of 8
Jump to page
slo14
Post #36

QUOTE (Burntsmoke @ May 31 2011, 12:26 AM) *
So a car would be useful, but how does the turbo part come into this. Why not just get a non turbo p plate legal car. instead of making threads like this.

i agree smile.gif i think the onli real chance he would have is if they already owned the car before the laws changed and even then its gonna be hard to convince em

truffles
Post #37

QUOTE (slo14 @ May 31 2011, 12:28 AM) *
i agree smile.gif i think the onli real chance he would have is if they already owned the car before the laws changed and even then its gonna be hard to convince em

Yeah, before the laws changed.....47 months ago.

Burntsmoke
Post #38

I think the real reason OP wants a turbo car on his P's is so he can drive past all his mates with his BOV blasting.

P platers love that flutter.

slo14
Post #39

QUOTE (truffles @ May 31 2011, 12:31 AM) *
Yeah, before the laws changed.....47 months ago.

haha yeh that is true haha some how i dont think old mate here will have much luck getting the exemption haha

veezed
Post #40

Just buy it an put it in your old mans name and say theyre is no other car available for you to drive it works cause my room mate did it and he had fines for speeding and doing skids and still got it lol

Darkness
Post #41

QUOTE (veezed @ May 31 2011, 06:48 AM) *
Just buy it an put it in your old mans name and say theyre is no other car available for you to drive it works cause my room mate did it and he had fines for speeding and doing skids and still got it lol

You're a bigger retard than OP.

clutch-monkey
Post #42

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 30 2011, 11:53 PM) *
You are eligible to apply for an exemption to drive a high-powered (performance) vehicle if:

you need to drive a high-powered (performance) vehicle:
to, or from, your place of employment
in the course of your employment
to, or from, the education institution you attend
there is no other transport available to you

there is other transport available... buy a non turbo car for example laugh.gif

truffles
Post #43

QUOTE (veezed @ May 31 2011, 07:18 AM) *

Yeah, because OP's father just happend to by an R33 GTS-T at the same time that OP gets license and OH LOOK! It's the only car OP can drive! So he'll get an exemption.

Yeah, right. Fuck off.

WESSEL94
Post #44

QUOTE (truffles @ May 31 2011, 08:07 AM) *
Yeah, because OP's father just happend to by an R33 GTS-T at the same time that OP gets license and OH LOOK! It's the only car OP can drive! So he'll get an exemption.

Yeah, right. Fuck off.

Has anyone actually tried to obtain an exemption or are you just all having a good troll?

gutless
Post #45

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 31 2011, 08:11 AM) *
Has anyone actually tried to obtain an exemption or are you just all having a good troll?

Oh yeah truffles has been trolling this whole time.

Darkness
Post #46

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 31 2011, 07:41 AM) *

They'll laugh in your face and tell you to fuck off and buy a non turbo car, or sell the 33 and but a non turbo car.

Darkness
Post #47

QUOTE (gutless @ May 31 2011, 07:43 AM) *
Oh yeah truffles has been trolling this whole time.

This.

Though seeing how stupid OP is, he may not understand the usage of italics to denote sarcasm.

Ralli
Post #48

QUOTE (Joyrid3r @ May 30 2011, 11:20 PM) *
Well worded and structured post! thumbsup.gif for effort....

In answer to your question:- you are not better than any other P plater, why should you be able to get an exemption and they can't??

This

QUOTE (truffles @ May 30 2011, 11:46 PM) *
What valid point? The fact that spoilt punks post threads all the time, asking if they can get an exemption, thinking they're something special. Wake up call; You're the SAME as everyone else.

The department of mainroads don't give a shit what time you start work. Buy a car that you can legally drive. How does what cars your family owns or what time you start work justify you getting an exemption to drive a turbo car?

Your exemption from having a brain was obviously successful.

and this

Obey the laws, get a non-turbo car, and deal with it , like every other fucking p plater !!!

Kids these days .... pfft !!

^sims^
Post #49

QUOTE (Wandzz @ May 30 2011, 11:14 PM) *
At least it was a pleasure to read.

laugh.gif

and....

QUOTE (truffles @ May 30 2011, 11:26 PM) *
They'll tell you to fuck off, like I am now. Fuck off, you won't get an exemption. Follow the laws, don't be a cunt.

laugh.gif

That is all. wavey.gif

benfalvey
Post #50

my mate got one to drive a VE clubby with basically the same situation as you only thing is the car was purchased before the date it had to be (something in 2007 i think) and was in his parents name ande wat not. it can be done just dont know all the ins and outs.

aside from that just get a fucking DE and cop it for 2 yrs like everyone else.

Gagginforit
Post #51

I had a 350+kw v8 on my p's just saying.

I would like an exemption on paying tax as i dont like it and i dont want to pay it, i dont earn enough money to pay tax in my opinion and my rent is expensive, and groceries are too, i might write a letter to the tax office.

They will tell me the same thing as the DOT will tell you

FUCK OFF.

The rules are there to help you inexperienced drivers stay alive, although you think you are schumaker, the reality is your not. You will crash trying to be hektic and probably hurt someone. Now im not saying older drivers dont or wont, but you are more likely to. It seems the younger generation doesnt have the common sence us older more awesome people do, hence the decisions you make that get you in all sorts of strife, teamed with the government lack of knowledge in gerneral, equals the p plate, lams, and other uneducated ,do gooder fueled laws and restrictions we have.

I like pies, i like beer, i like my counch and i like myself and my familly alive and well. I LIKE THE RESTRICTIONS and i would like to see more so people like you may one day be here to have a family, rather that worm food.

mitch-10-02
Post #52

i love how losers like this guy join up and within half an hour post a stupid fucking thread which has been covered a million times!

just sell your peice of shit skyline and buy something non turbo.

gahh p plate idiots... head_wall.gif

veezed
Post #53

Another guy I know did the same thing with a twin turbo and got it approved all he did was say he was using it for tafe and then wrote another letter saying if he could use it for everyday use

Gagginforit
Post #54

QUOTE (veezed @ May 31 2011, 10:22 AM) *
Another guy I know did the same thing with a twin turbo and got it approved all he did was say he was using it for tafe and then wrote another letter saying if he could use it for everyday use

So, your saying your mate had a modified skyline? And got an exclusion to drive it to tafe? Or he had a gtr and got an exclusion?.

Either way, i call bullshit, and if its not bullshit, i want an exemption to drive my fridge to work strapped to my skateboard.

iamhappy46
Post #55

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 31 2011, 12:07 AM) *
The car is being used by family members with only auto licenses.

So you have another already P plater in the family, cause only P platers can be issued with Auto only licences. If they are a full licence holder and just have not learnt to drive a manual, they will just laugh in your face.

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 31 2011, 08:11 AM) *

I am currently driving a car with an 200+Kw engine conversion, also a TT V8 and occasionally a new WRX STi on my Queensland P Plates... all done legally.

Sucks to be you

^sims^
Post #56

QUOTE (Gagginforit @ May 31 2011, 12:55 PM) *
So, your saying your mate had a modified skyline? And got an exclusion to drive it to tafe? Or he had a gtr and got an exclusion?.

Either way, i call bullshit, and if its not bullshit, i want an exemption to drive my fridge to work strapped to my skateboard.

bowrofl.gif

someblackguy
Post #57

theres only one exemption ive heard of actually being accepted and that was by my mates younger brother

he was working as a detailer for metro ford (i think, or one of them) and part of his job was to drive cars from the depot to the dealership. being a p-plater, it would have meant he wasnt able to drive the xr6 turbo, xr5 turbo, any of the FPV (all v8's) or even the turbodiesel ford rangers. He managed to get the exemption pretty easy as his boss wrote an accompanying letter stating the exemption was needed because if it wasnt granted, he would most definitely have his position terminated. Even in such case, the letter had to be on paper that had the company header logo on it and a full business phone number. The receptionist told him jokingly, "yep, we've had the people in with a scrunched up foolscap page that looks like its been ripped out of their own high school exercise book, with some barely legible sob story that could have been written by anyone".

webby93
Post #58

I already had a turbo 33 and they knocked back my application. BTW I work part time in a car yard as well, they still didn't care that I may need it to ferry high powered vehicles. Sell the 33, find a clean N/A one to drive around in like I did, then buy a turbo one just before you gain opens.

It's not what you want to hear, but it's how it is. N/A's aren't powerhouses full stop, so get something that looks nice and suffer like the rest of us

KammdUP
Post #59

Even if you did get your exemption (which you wont) you would only be allowed to drive it to and from work and between work hours if work required (no you cant take it for a burn on your lunch break either, thats not for work), you would not be allowed to carry passengers (no "homg uleh ur carz hektik dosing and flutters is makin me happy in tha pants bro" from your dousche mates) and if it wasnt your mates in the car, the passenger would be old enough to drive it and they would be driving it instead of you. if you want a turbo so bad then go buy a one of those tiny cappuchino turbos or whatever they are and fit a sik ssq bov from autobin or supercrap and you can wahhshhh and shshshshs past girls and your mates all you want.

sell the skyline, you WONT get an exemption

slo14
Post #60

QUOTE (iamhappy46 @ May 31 2011, 01:23 PM) *
So you have another already P plater in the family, cause only P platers can be issued with Auto only licences. If they are a full licence holder and just have not learnt to drive a manual, they will just laugh in your face.

I am currently driving a car with an 200+Kw engine conversion, also a TT V8 and occasionally a new WRX STi on my Queensland P Plates... all done legally.

Sucks to be you

haha me too smile.gif aint we lucky buggers haha tongue.gif

Shadow Of A Doubt
Post #61

QUOTE (iamhappy46 @ May 31 2011, 01:23 PM) *

Source?

Burntsmoke
Post #62

QUOTE (Shadow Of A Doubt @ May 31 2011, 02:34 PM) *
Source?

NSW P platers aren't allowed to drive Manual cars

What special rules must I follow?

P1 drivers must:

Have P plates (red P on white background) displayed conspicuously at the front and rear exterior of the car when driving. The letter P on the plate must not be hidden. If towing a trailer, a P plate must be on the back of the trailer.
Not exceed zero blood alcohol concentration (this means you cannot drink before driving). It is also illegal to drive under the influence of drugs.
Observe a maximum speed limit of 90 km/h.
Observe towing restrictions (you are only allowed to tow light trailers of up to 250 kilograms unloaded weight).
Automatic transmission vehicles – You are restricted to driving an automatic or clutchless manual transmission vehicle if tested in one.
Not supervise a learner driver.
Not upgrade the licence to a higher class.
If aged under 25, you may only carry one passenger under the age of 21 between 11pm and 5am.
Only carry the number of passengers that can be properly seated in seats and restrained by approved seat belts or child restraints.
Only drive vehicles that have a seat belt fitted to the driver's position and you must wear the seat belt.
Not use any functions of a mobile phone including hands-free devices.

truffles
Post #63

QUOTE (Burntsmoke @ May 31 2011, 02:39 PM) *
NSW P platers aren't allowed to drive Manual cars

What? That just outlines that if you obtain an automatic license, you must drive an automatic car.

Shadow Of A Doubt
Post #64

QUOTE (truffles @ May 31 2011, 02:41 PM) *
What? That just outlines that if you obtain an automatic license, you must drive an automatic car.

^This.

I meant, I have never heard of you must be able to drive manual to get your opens. Sure, it wouldn't be a "full" Licence, but you still be on opens. dunno.gif

And. Lol at the max speed of 90. So if you're on a 110 freeway, you still can only go 90? Lolwhut.

Shadow Of A Doubt
Post #65

Fucking board errors. DP.

truffles
Post #66

QUOTE (Shadow Of A Doubt @ May 31 2011, 02:48 PM) *
And. Lol at the max speed of 90. So id you're on a 110 freeway, you still can only go 90? Lolwhut.

Indeed. Learners are even lower, at 80km/h.

slo14
Post #67

QUOTE (truffles @ May 31 2011, 02:41 PM) *

isnt tthat in all states/???? lol if u go for ur autos ofcourse u can drive manuals lol

Shadow Of A Doubt
Post #68

QUOTE (truffles @ May 31 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Indeed. Learners are even lower, at 80km/h.

That's fucked. And dangerous. Stupid idiotic government.

truffles
Post #69

QUOTE (slo14 @ May 31 2011, 02:50 PM) *
isnt tthat in all states/???? lol if u go for ur autos ofcourse u can drive manuals lol

I'd assume it would be, since it makes logcial sense.

QUOTE (Shadow Of A Doubt @ May 31 2011, 02:52 PM) *
That's fucked. And dangerous. Stupid idiotic government.

That's what I thought. Doing 30kph lower than the speed limit on a highway (110km/h) has got to be more dangerous than a learner driver doing 110kph.

slo14
Post #70

cant u get fined for goin slow?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 8
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
26 User(s) are reading this topic (26 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x