Exemption For A 1996 Nissan Skyline R33 Gts-t (turbo Charged)  

Page 7 of 8
Jump to page
mannchy
Post #211

at the very least third party its like 100-150 a year ur not gonna go broke thats less then 50c a day

like people said early u might get a law suit and if u do 50c can save u a shit load of money in the long run

VersionR
Post #212

QUOTE (Gagginforit @ Jun 3 2011, 10:42 AM) *

Paralysed from waist down with a 10 as your GF. What a waste. I'd off myself for not being able to bone her.

Jive Turkey
Post #213

Or this?

I'd still tap that

alex338
Post #214

tig ol' bitties

Shun
Post #215

trade in ur r33 for a time machine and make ur self born earlier so u can be legally allow to drive a turbo and be hektic and earn poon-tang pies.

Poontoss
Post #216

QUOTE (mannchy @ Jun 3 2011, 11:17 AM) *
at the very least third party its like 100-150 a year ur not gonna go broke thats less then 50c a day

like people said early u might get a law suit and if u do 50c can save u a shit load of money in the long run

Yeah exactly. I recently did a quote on Just Cars for an R34 GT. For comprehensive I got about $3000/year where third party was only about $140/year. I guess it depends on how much money you have vs how paranoid you are. That being said you have to have some form of insurance.

WESSEL94
Post #217

QUOTE (Poontoss @ Jun 3 2011, 12:21 AM) *
Lol...

Even if you don't drive like an idiot, accidents still happen. That's what insurance is for. No insurance company will insure a P plater with a turbo charged car. Even if they did, it would be outrageously expensive.

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN IN SMART CARS THANKS FOR STATING THE OBVIOUS AND ACTUALLY THEY WILL, It WILL ONLY COST ME ABOUT 400 FOR THEFT, fire AND 3RD PARTY SO HOW ABOUT YOU GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.

Initial D
Post #218

i drove a r 33 turbo once on green P plates it was a good feeling hope this helps.

Gagginforit
Post #219

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 30 2011, 11:12 PM) *
THE CONVERSATION HAS ENDED

So....you still applying dunno.gif , chuck me down as a reference.

WESSEL94
Post #220

QUOTE (Gagginforit @ Jun 3 2011, 04:40 PM) *
So....you still applying dunno.gif , chuck me down as a reference.

Yes

Gagginforit
Post #221

Well, i tried, and thats all i can do. Good luck and farewell! Im off to buy a bull bar, and more airbags, a roll cage, side impact bars, fuck it, im handing my licence in!

For sale:- 1 x 2010 holden cruse with tv/dvds, upgraded sound system, top of the range. PM ME. LOW K"S

tjsports
Post #222

At least half the photos of smashed cars posted earlier were non tubo cars that P platers can drive. Turbos didn't make them smash.

I think the rules are pretty shitty and I am on my opens.

I think the OP should go for it.

Given the link earlier
http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/28c54a97...eexemptions.pdf
it looks like he would have a prety good chance.

What's with all the swearing in this thread. People get their knickers in a knot pretty easily. Why bother posting if you are jst telling the OP to "fuck off"or implying thats what QLD Transport would say.

A car with shit tyres, shocks, breaks, suspension bushes etc with a driver talking on the phone, texting or yelling at the kids in the back seat is a lot worse than a turbo or v8 car.

slo14
Post #223

QUOTE (VersionR @ Jun 3 2011, 11:28 AM) *
Paralysed from waist down with a 10 as your GF. What a waste. I'd off myself for not being able to bone her.

its ok bro ill come around and smash ger for ya tongue.gif anything i can do to help smile.gif

sriver killer
Post #224

QUOTE (mannchy @ Jun 3 2011, 10:32 AM) *
wessel wants to be one of these mad kunts as shown abouve

whenever I see your dp it makes me want to smile

DAL32
Post #225

What's he so happy about? His dick isn't going to work. oopsie.gif

Anyway, why all the fuss about a turbo? Can't you afford a high(ish) powered 6 cyl? You poorby shit cunt.

Protip: An R32 Golf or 147 GTA are both just as fast as an R33 Skyline. Or if you're a die hard rice fanatic just get a Honda. One thing I wouldn't recommend is an NA Skyline. They're slow as shit and you might as well just drive a Commodore. NA Supras are alright though.

webby93
Post #226

QUOTE (DAL32 @ Jun 4 2011, 01:33 PM) *

Anyway, why all the fuss about a turbo? Can't you afford a high(ish) powered 6 cyl? You poorby shit cunt.

Protip: An R32 Golf or 147 GTA are both just as fast as an R33 Skyline. Or if you're a die hard rice fanatic just get a Honda. One thing I wouldn't recommend is an NA Skyline. They're slow as shit and you might as well just drive a Commodore. NA Supras are alright though.

No. You may as well not drive a commodore, NA Skylines aren't powerhouses but they are 10^10000 x better than you average commodore

DAL32
Post #227

They're better than the same year model of Commodore. But if you had to buy a Commodore or an NA Skyline for the same price, they're going to be fairly comparable.

stockmy00
Post #228

QUOTE (DAL32 @ Jun 4 2011, 04:35 PM) *
They're better than the same year model of Commodore. But if you had to buy a Commodore or an NA Skyline for the same price, they're going to be fairly comparable.

They're both failboats as far as performance goes. smile.gif

Shadow Of A Doubt
Post #229

QUOTE (DAL32 @ Jun 4 2011, 01:33 PM) *

They can get like Injections that make it go up. Not that they feel much, depends on how the spinal cord has been damaged.

Gagginforit
Post #230

QUOTE (tjsports @ Jun 3 2011, 06:22 PM) *
At least half the photos of smashed cars posted earlier were non tubo cars that P platers can drive. Turbos didn't make them smash.

I think the rules are pretty shitty and I am on my opens.

I think the OP should go for it.

Given the link earlier
http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/28c54a97...eexemptions.pdf
it looks like he would have a prety good chance.

What's with all the swearing in this thread. People get their knickers in a knot pretty easily. Why bother posting if you are jst telling the OP to "fuck off"or implying thats what QLD Transport would say.

A car with shit tyres, shocks, breaks, suspension bushes etc with a driver talking on the phone, texting or yelling at the kids in the back seat is a lot worse than a turbo or v8 car.

This just proves my point x 100. If p platers manage to write themselves and their n/a car off, why give them more powerfull cars? Wouldnt that just increase the crash rate, due to more power, and the un skilled driver! Seems to me that people like you, dont actually have much of an idea when it comes to this, maybe after another 10 yearsof driving, you might see what i see and have seen!

180sxy
Post #231

A complete change of the driver education system and mandatory driver safety courses before you get your license and then maybe we will see a reduction.

Problem is that is more profitable to have the system they currently have...

zed32
Post #232

QUOTE (Gagginforit @ Jun 6 2011, 10:15 AM) *
This just proves my point x 100. If p platers manage to write themselves and their n/a car off, why give them more powerfull cars? Wouldnt that just increase the crash rate, due to more power, and the un skilled driver! Seems to me that people like you, dont actually have much of an idea when it comes to this, maybe after another 10 yearsof driving, you might see what i see and have seen!

Can you show any evidence what so ever that a p plate driver in a fast car will crash more than the same driver in a slow car ? and dont just tell me every one knows its a fact .

CommoBroo
Post #233

u want a turbo by a turbo diesal 4x4 if u want an exemption buy an ss or xr8 ute and say its for towing a trailer to work. lol mate of mine got one for that reason his boss signed the exeption

Poontoss
Post #234

QUOTE (zed32 @ Jun 6 2011, 07:29 PM) *
Can you show any evidence what so ever that a p plate driver in a fast car will crash more than the same driver in a slow car ? and dont just tell me every one knows its a fact .

Maybe look at the road-toll statistics? Then you'll clearly see that young male drivers are much more likely to crash than anyone else. Now to answer your first question:

More power = more speed

More speed = less control

More speed = less time to stop

More speed = higher impact accident

It's not a hard concept to grasp....

zed32
Post #235

QUOTE (Poontoss @ Jun 6 2011, 09:18 PM) *
Maybe look at the road-toll statistics? Then you'll clearly see that young male drivers are much more likely to crash than anyone else. Now to answer your first question:

More power = more speed

More speed = less control

More speed = less time to stop

More speed = higher impact accident

It's not a hard concept to grasp....

yes young male drivers do crash the most but the rest is basicly a few things you assumptions you made .

More power does not = more really speed , from what ive noticed people being idiots slow down at around 160 - 200 kmh regardless of what there in it just takes the slow cars much longer to get there .

More speed doesn't really = less control especially when you are comparing a slow car to a nice sports car

More speed doesn't actually = less time to stop you will just have to decelerate at a greater rate to sop in the same spot , how this turns out depending on how much more speed and the cars were comparing .

More speed = higher impact , well yes but only if you hit something and back to point one really , also will the faster car just drive on safely were the slow one slides off the road.

Sharpy
Post #236

This thread makes my head hurt. It should be mandatory as part of your L's to get a basic education.

Initial D
Post #237

sometimes it's better to have a sports car, because they have better brakes,suspension,more grip and more safety features usually

slo14
Post #238

does anyone know if this dudes gone for the exemption yet?????????
would be good to know the result so we can all go "told ya so" smile.gif

Shadow Of A Doubt
Post #239

Okay, the sports car handling makes sense.

However, I've been in turbo cars (Two, a FWD Lancer 4ish, with a worked evo 6 engine, and a stock TT soarer, the 2 door Surf doesn't count (god I miss that thing)) boost rams you back into the seat. As I'm sure you're all aware. That power hits the wheels, just like it hits you.

So, turbo for a young/new driver isn't a good idea. Is it better have a car with sports car handling? Yes. Is it better to have all that power on tap? No. Yes, a slower car can go fast too, but the acceleration is a more important issue.

Say, you're driving a turbo 13B FB RX7, LSD, and fancy suspension. You've come around a corner a bit to fast, and you put your foot down a bit to quick, Boost hits, suddenly you're drifting, and you're on the wrong side of the road. (To bad if there's a semi coming) If you were driving... say an P plate legal FB, N/A 12A, with the same handling mods you're a lot less likely to spin out of control, you don't have the extra power there, nor the boost hitting.

Just sayin'. And yes, P-platers flick the tail ends out anyway, but that's on purpose, and normally controlled. We shouldn't make it easier for them.

Initial D
Post #240

I think his a fake, he just wanted to make a thread

stig0000
Post #241

i have a exemption,, was just way to easy to get, got a letter from work saying 90% of the cars i work on are ither turboed v8 supercharged or both,, and a nother letter say my old man owns a v8 and at times i need to drive it and bam,, few weeks later in the mail i get a letter saying im alowed to drive enything enytime,

do i drive a turboed car,, well hell yer,, its a td5 defender tongue.gif with a masive 90+kw with 3' lift locked 33s and plenty of black smoke

every one asks me y dont i own a v8,,, simple,, stuff paying the rego and fuel bill, il stick with me 9l/100km bus,

slo14
Post #242

QUOTE (stig0000 @ Jun 6 2011, 11:19 PM) *
every one asks me y dont i own a v8,,, simple,, stuff paying the rego and fuel bill, il stick with me 9l/100km bus,

this is one smart kid haha y cant all p platers be like him lol

Shadow Of A Doubt
Post #243

QUOTE (slo14 @ Jun 6 2011, 11:31 PM) *
this is one smart kid haha y cant all p platers be like him lol

DAL32
Post #244

QUOTE (zed32 @ Jun 6 2011, 10:17 PM) *
yes young male drivers do crash the most but the rest is basicly a few things you assumptions you made .

More power does not = more really speed , from what ive noticed people being idiots slow down at around 160 - 200 kmh regardless of what there in it just takes the slow cars much longer to get there .

More speed doesn't really = less control especially when you are comparing a slow car to a nice sports car

I disagree because when I was 18, the first thing I'd do with my car is flick to the specs and find the top speed. Then at some stage I'd find out if the car could do it.

Gagginforit
Post #245

It seems to me like there are quite a few here missing the point, 10 points to sharpy also a basic education should be a starting point on the road, if it was im sure i wouldnt have been late for work this morning as the roads would be quiet as fuck.

But an education doesn't make you a good driver, although common sense plays a good part, hence my beliefs younger drivers should not be behind the wheel of anything more than 100kw, A. You dont actualy need more kw's, B it will keep you alive longer and C, im not even going to argue with anyone who doesn't see my point because it is quite obvious you know absolutely everything, your'e invincible AND your the stig.

Get your exemption, kill yourself, and i will be the first to post a thread saying SUCK SHIT KUNT, STILL THINK YOUR INVINCIBLE?

This is exactly why people don't like p platers, not for the make up, not for the gay hair, not for the lack of style but for the simple fact they know fuck all, and don't want to listen, you see it was over ten years ago since i got me LEARNERS, and if i said 1/2 the things you p platers said, my oldman would have knuckled me.

Its not your god given right to be on the road you know, and im sure there will be more than a few of you that will find out what its like to have your licence taken away, or you die, kill your mate or your girlfriend because your fucking shit.

Yea we all did stupid thing, yea we all learnt. But things were different then, and it won't ever be the same again.

SHUT UP JDMexcel.yo

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 7 of 8
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
12 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x