Colour Choices For My Vh Sle - 2 tone or solid? Poll  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
2 tone or solid
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 53
Guests cannot vote 
mc'lovin
Post #36

QUOTE (*daz* @ May 8 2011, 11:07 AM) *
I've always loved 2 tone cars if it's done well
I'm going for this with my r32

THats not bad i have thought a small amount about being completly different and going silver top over burgandy what does everyone think ill have to photoshop one of my pics to see what it would look like on a VH

mc'lovin
Post #37

any thoughts on the last pic?

GTRVspec95
Post #38

QUOTE (mc'lovin @ May 9 2011, 01:38 PM) *
any thoughts on the last pic?

If you're going to go a two tone at least pick a point where the body line changes, this is why it works on classic cars

Understand that the early Commo's had a high body line paint scheme but it makes more visual sense to paint it where VL turbo's commonly get split; which is above the bumpers/door bump strips

mc'lovin
Post #39

yeah i was going to keep the colour change line where it is from factory but i just want it to be awesome a little different but nothing stupid what i really need to do is get photoshop or if anyone knows how to photo shop that would be awesome. In the pictures the lines will be as the sle and i need to play with the colours of the other top and bottom changing them around.

mc'lovin
Post #40

and the other hotrod with silver on top. just a different angle im thinking of all possibilities

176OES
Post #41

Definitely stick with two tone, it lends itself to the design of this vehicle perfectly. I reckon they just look bland and dull in solid colour by comparison.

Gunmetal/Titanium Grey over Silver would look really nice and not clash against the interior.

51DWZ
Post #42

QUOTE (AGI78-VP @ May 5 2011, 09:47 PM) *
i love the green over silver two tone !

pig_51tre
Post #43

keep it original i recken vh sle 's are becoming pretty sought after.

mc'lovin
Post #44

QUOTE (pig_51tre @ May 9 2011, 04:21 PM) *
keep it original i recken vh sle 's are becoming pretty sought after.

I probably would keep it original if everything else was original but it wont be it is getting a LS2 6.0l slotted in there so no point having original paint. im hoping to have it all finished by end of the year or latest Feb 2012 keep a look out it will be a weapon.

VL87DB
Post #45

fresh paint and 6L wont wreck it, just dont get pink paint and chromies that will lol. This car will still be sought after as much as a stocka will be once finnished i reckon

spacecowboy
Post #46

VH SLE look unreal in two tone, I have always had a soft spot for two tone on them........

KammdUP
Post #47

the champangne posted before was too dark, a goldy silver was what i was talking about, takes the starkness out of the silver bottom

mc'lovin
Post #48

Ok thanks for everyones the decision has been made 2 tone FTW. Now the decision of what colour top and bottom recently have been thinking about a dark titanium top with silver bottom which is just a crazy thought. I was thinking gtr35 titanium over gtr35 silver. Also recently i have noticed Holden have bought out a series 2 captiva with a nice colour. I have included some pics. your opinions are appreciated.

GreekWarrior
Post #49

cherry black

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
18 User(s) are reading this topic (18 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x