KxM
Post #37

Horey Shit that's nice

JDM_R32
Post #38

QUOTE (KammdUP @ Mar 31 2011, 04:22 PM) *
first pic was like oh sick this thing is mad, then saw graphics :oopsie:

QUOTE (boostaddict_4207 @ Mar 31 2011, 04:32 PM) *
engine bay and interior are great paint work is a huge fail!

QUOTE (The animal @ Mar 31 2011, 04:33 PM) *
iam with kammdUP was a let down after seeing the 2nd pic

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Mar 31 2011, 04:37 PM) *
awesome i just don't like airbrushing

QUOTE (dreeft @ Mar 31 2011, 04:51 PM) *
Wow, that's possibly the cleanest FJ I've ever seen. Shame about the airbrushing.

QUOTE (NOR011 @ Mar 31 2011, 04:53 PM) *
The first pic I was all "fuck yeah!" then I scrolled down.....

QUOTE (01BEN @ Mar 31 2011, 04:52 PM) *
God I love the TX gemi's. like a small LX torrie, especialy in a 2 door, getting rarer these days. looks tops mate, not a huge fan of the airbrushing, but I bet she flys

QUOTE (8700s14 @ Mar 31 2011, 04:53 PM) *
Such a shame about all the airbrushing :(

All that shit. ^^
Don't get me wrong the car is fucken awesome, but the airbrushing. :)

Ralli
Post #39

Not bad actually , apart from the graphics ....... I personally don't like graphics on any car though ..

Apart from that, well done :)

PGB
Post #40

QUOTE (176OES @ Mar 31 2011, 06:33 PM) *
Amazing attention to detail on the engine bay and the interior.

Paintjob isnt my cup of twinings... but I'm sure you love it.

I reckon it would look a heap tougher in gloss black, especially with those hotwires

Exactly my thoughts as I was scrolling down to comment. Black would be off the hook and add a little subtlety to the flares, which are below airbrushing in my opinion. Easily the most tasteful, cleanest interior I have ever seen in any Gemini though. Kudos to the previous owner.

PGB
Post #41

QUOTE (slokey @ Mar 31 2011, 06:51 PM) *
See this is the prblem with the car scene.

A car doesn't have to be something you would personaly own or suit your personal tastes to sit back and think "wow that's neat a lot of effort put into that."

This guy has made his car the way he likes and has to out up with comments like "fail paint job" just because it's not to everybodies taste.

I personally prefer clean looking cars myself and I don't think I'd ever like to own a fully airbrushed car myself but I can still look at an airbrushed car and think wow that's neat without criticising it because it doesn't suit my personal taste.

The air brushing is terrible and patchy at best. This is why it fails. More effort and thought should have went into it

ratta tat tat
Post #42

QUOTE (moose84 @ Mar 31 2011, 04:24 PM) *
engine bay is sweet. tough fj. looks good mate. paint work isnt for me but each to there own i spose.

This

MRJ
Post #43

Thankyou all for your comments, photos dont do even a little justice to the paint and airbrushing but i get it (so nineties) lol. Have had the car built for some time now and yes i would do things different today but hey this thing cracks hard and is a shit load of fun to drive. i really need to sell my pride and joy so please if you know anyone looking for a very rare and well looked after toy, please let them know. Paint is easy to change ,cars like this are not so easy to build , trust me. I have it fully engineered and have a QLD mod plate fitted.. Yeehah

ZCH91
Post #44

i love it. apart from the airbrushing...

MV 383
Post #45

lovin the FJ

176OES
Post #46

How much are you looking for on it?

phil-720
Post #47

man i love it all fj is win interior win engine bay win and i realy like the paint and airbrushing its nice id snap it up depending on the price

G-uni7
Post #48

WTF should own this

would go with his name

MitChFJ40
Post #49

heappssss sic ayyyyyyy :)

MRJ
Post #50

QUOTE (GTRVspec95 @ Mar 31 2011, 05:54 PM) *
At a guessing

Owner one builds car with tough engine, flared guards, old school Simmons and interior trim

Owner two adds air brushing and Celica GT4 bonnet scoop onto hood

Personally I'd strip that paint off, get an original bonnet and respray in the same silver as the engine bay

Actually i am the second owner of this car and have owned it 22yrs ,i think the old lady i brought it off is dead now , lovely ol thing, probably turning in her grave at what was her pride and joy now looks like. i have built this car 4 times to show quality,this effort was lets see how fucking crazy i can go.. Think i did ok, jump in the passenger seat and everyone in the past has shit the gear, it whips along real nice!! Go Nissan power

jebby88
Post #51

Engine bay is mint

MRJ
Post #52

QUOTE (phil-720 @ Mar 31 2011, 07:06 PM) *
man i love it all fj is win interior win engine bay win and i realy like the paint and airbrushing its nice id snap it up depending on the price

Asking $18500.00 but willing to negotiate a little with right buyer. Have spent well over 70k

WizardHat
Post #53

Paint isn't too bad.. least it's got the balls to back it up.

dazzazoo
Post #54

im torn on this ... i love it but i hate it so much at the same time ....

MRJ
Post #55

QUOTE (176OES @ Mar 31 2011, 06:58 PM) *
How much are you looking for on it?

$18500.00

dopey1981
Post #56

thats the sickest gemini i have ever seen love it mate great job wish i had thw $$$$$$ to buy it :)

TwinCam16
Post #57

Awesome motor, nice inside, but fuck me you fucked that car hard outside!

TwinCam16
Post #58

QUOTE (MRJ @ Mar 31 2011, 08:02 PM) *
$18500.00

:) :oopsie: :( :lol: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Atomic_Nitro
Post #59

engine bay is mint but the graphics is a big let down .... and 18k for that ? your Dreaming

aussiemk2
Post #60

nice car mate, gl with the sale

GTRVspec95
Post #61

QUOTE (MRJ @ Mar 31 2011, 07:51 PM) *
Actually i am the second owner of this car and have owned it 22yrs ,i think the old lady i brought it off is dead now , lovely ol thing, probably turning in her grave at what was her pride and joy now looks like. i have built this car 4 times to show quality,this effort was lets see how fucking crazy i can go.. Think i did ok, jump in the passenger seat and everyone in the past has shit the gear, it whips along real nice!! Go Nissan power

Yeah, I can see that the 90's/early 00's show car scene has effected it.

It's been mod plated before the engineering changes but you would be lucky to see you're asking price; which I will pretend I didn't see a car being advertised in the members rides

aaron001au
Post #62

Engine is Awesome Interior is Nice But that paint work whats going on there ?

Paolo
Post #63

I reckon a set of FR's and a Metalic silver paintjob and its worth $20k

nferno
Post #64

Its like its a love child of the panel van era, absolutely love it!

datto-gemini-torana
Post #65

Would look so much cleaner with out the gfx!!

Navmaster
Post #66

and the bonnet scoop doesnt suit, roundish celica scoop on boxy gemini doesnt work

Navmaster
Post #67

plus silver side mirrors looks like you ran out of paint, black them or body colour

ratta tat tat
Post #68

Twin cam- you're retarded. Always have been..

RXT07
Post #69

Tough as gemi.. graphics not my thing but kudos to you!

rexnfx
Post #70

very cool. very tidy. excellent job on the interior as theyre quite hard to make look good.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
15 User(s) are reading this topic (15 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x