"Shootin' The Breeze" - Old Skool Chat Thread  

Page 60 of 107
Jump to page
Monaro454
Post #2066

Phill, price on chev 350?

74QEE
Post #2067

Yeah phill, price of 350 chev, and dont sell that diff!!! ill get it off you sometime between now and xmas if thats cool?

lil_bobby_260
Post #2068

QUOTE (racerphill @ Nov 15 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Going to look at a couple of possible new projects later this week. If either one looks as good as it's meant to be, I will be putting everything else I've got up for sale.
HJ Premier, 40 Chev pickup project, 34 Chev Sedan project.
Plan is to get something that's an easy project and then stick with that and my Valiant (daily driver) and get rid of everything else. Just getting frustrated at lack of progress, and I cant see it changing in the near future.

Starting to get a bit that way myself - thinking about putting up the galaxie (just with its FMX auto and 9", no motor) and the lincoln (460, C6, 9"). Maybe sell them together as a project.
Just want to focus on my XB and the missus valiant.

racerphill
Post #2069

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Nov 15 2011, 11:07 PM) *
Phill, price on chev 350?

QUOTE (74QEE @ Nov 15 2011, 11:15 PM) *
Yeah phill, price of 350 chev, and dont sell that diff!!! ill get it off you sometime between now and xmas if thats cool?

Sorry guys, the chev stays. Both the projects I'm looking at need an engine/gearbox and if I dont get either, it will go into the HJ.

Jay, yeah I can probably hang onto the diff till Christmas, but as soon as you can would be good, as I'll be looking for dollars either way!

VersionR
Post #2070

Thought this was pretty neat, EJ Crewman

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1963-EJ-HOLDEN-...=item19cac31520

HSV
Post #2071

QUOTE (DeadSled @ Nov 15 2011, 08:14 PM) *
Metal Prep at Kingston / Loganlea are very good.

They have done both my chassis' for me and do a very good deal for cash, and excellent turn around time.

Sandblasting only, I'm onto my 5th bonnet atm so need it done right without warping.

QUOTE (racerphill @ Nov 15 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Going to look at a couple of possible new projects later this week. If either one looks as good as it's meant to be, I will be putting everything else I've got up for sale.
HJ Premier, 40 Chev pickup project, 34 Chev Sedan project.
Plan is to get something that's an easy project and then stick with that and my Valiant (daily driver) and get rid of everything else. Just getting frustrated at lack of progress, and I cant see it changing in the near future.

Phil I maybe interested in the Chev Pickup if you can give me more info/pics please

FATTIE
Post #2072

QUOTE (HSV @ Nov 16 2011, 11:20 AM) *
Phil I maybe interested in the Chev Pickup if you can give me more info/pics please

x2

74QEE
Post #2073

Id love the truck, but i dont have the time to finish it.

You should sell everything as a package phill! you could defiantly make something sweet out of all of it!

FATTIE
Post #2074

I'm just about to finish the wifeys ute and was looking for a new project, was thinking of a hq tonner with an RB conversion put could be persuaded to go hot rod, so would be interested in the 40's truck

74QEE
Post #2075

I love my Hq, and wouldnt sell it for anything except a chevy pickup.

NOS440
Post #2076

QUOTE (lil_bobby_260 @ Nov 14 2011, 01:04 PM) *
D341, d343 or d344?

i know youre hoping its an rt or pacer block but its not. i havent gone out to the shed to check yet but if it was one of those blocks i would be asking 5000 for it

racerphill
Post #2077

My 40 chev pickup is the one I bought off of Nick (Deadsled). It's pretty much as it was when I bought it off him, so if you search his posts, you will find pics.

There's not a lot to it, and there's a lot of work to do, but for someone with the skills and time, it would make one hell of a cool ride.

Will dig up some pics in the next few days for those not interested in searching Nick's old posts.

74QEE
Post #2078

Any one wanna do some rust work for me in the next couple of weeks? You will have to come to my house as my car is not drivable yet haha.

Bottom rear qtr, was a big bubble there, decided to drink beer and hack at it with a screwdriver...silly idea, now im too embarressed to drive it with a gaping hole..HELLPPP

Monaro454
Post #2079

why don't you give Stuart a call Jay. he may try and fit you in??

74QEE
Post #2080

Is that hqgts4? is he mobile?

74QEE
Post #2081

YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOOOOOO BORING, Im checking this section like every 5 mins in hope that someone has said something new...its a slow day at work, and im on standby/callout, so i get to sit in the office and do nothing for the day haha wooooooo

wbtonner
Post #2082

Sounds fun. I'm hungover as fuck.

VersionR
Post #2083

Watching the Touring Car Masters at Sandown, with the Camaro's, Mustangs, Monaro's, Falcons, Porsches, Chargers etc. Makes V8 Stupidcars look even dumber than it is

74QEE
Post #2084

QUOTE (VersionR @ Nov 19 2011, 01:40 PM) *
Watching the Touring Car Masters at Sandown, with the Camaro's, Mustangs, Monaro's, Falcons, Porsches, Chargers etc. Makes V8 Stupidcars look even dumber than it is

THANK YOUUUUU

finally someone agress with me, all the guys at work think im strange because i like cars, yet i hate the v8 supercars, but i absoloutly love the muscle car masters!!!!

FUCK V8 SUPERCARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

racerphill
Post #2085

Another vote for the "V8 Stupidcars" party here!

They are soooo slow looking (I'm used to watching 6000 hp Top Fuellers, Top Alky, Top Doorslammers etc.) and they all look the same. At least the Muscle Car Masters race cool cars and they take real skill to drive.

74QEE
Post #2086

QUOTE (racerphill @ Nov 19 2011, 03:06 PM) *
Another vote for the "V8 Stupidcars" party here!

They are soooo slow looking (I'm used to watching 6000 hp Top Fuellers, Top Alky, Top Doorslammers etc.) and they all look the same. At least the Muscle Car Masters race cool cars and they take real skill to drive.

I HAVE THIS ARGUEMENT LIKE EVERYDAYYYY

racerphill
Post #2087

Drag racing is where its at if you want REAL power.

Then of course there's such variety when in comes to drag racing that you just acnt get bored!

74QEE
Post #2088

Haters gonna hate, drifting is awesome when your doing it, i cant stand watching it, but i have the time of my life on a track.

racerphill
Post #2089

yep, dont like the cars they use in drifting, and it gets a bit boring to watch, but great fun inside the car as either driver or passenger!

74QEE
Post #2090

yeah i dont really like the cars either, and the people who do it are usually just a pack of pre pubescent wankers, but yeah..its awesome

Jive Turkey
Post #2091

anyone know where I could find some statistics about car wheels I've tried googling stuff but I'm hopeless... not sure if it exists
mainly need info about number of cars on the road with steelie wheels
number of new cars coming out with steelies
...might have to do surveys... but people hate people who do surveys- well I hate them.

74QEE
Post #2092

why in fucks name do you want to know that? and what benefit does absoloutly anyone get out of it?

Jive Turkey
Post #2093

information is a strange thing
insignificant information it may be to you but
there is huge money in information that you just probably don't realise

74QEE
Post #2094

No im just curious as to why anyone would want to know that?

Jive Turkey
Post #2095

I traffic information
mostly business reports/ analysis- usually private companies because the information isn't freely available
market assessment, forecasting- boring crap
but I have been scouring automotive manufacturing statistics and I can't find shit... maybe just looking in the wrong places...
all I can determine is market is shifting towards smaller more economical cars
so I figure they will either use steel wheels to keep the price down
or alloys to keep the weight down and be more economical...
most small cars use steelies I think well those suzuki swifts do
but I'm also after sales of aftermarket wheels to know whether those cars that have steelies will choose to keep them or not
I can't really discuss the business idea because I had to sign a piece of paper saying I may be sued if I do
I think they have patents pending or something...
also need to research current competition, the whole swot analysis- usual crap
...you wanted to know?
some link
another link

CAM-327
Post #2096

Been a bit dead in here lately, how are everyones cars going? When do you think they will be on the road for some cruising? smile.gif

Cheers!

no more holdens
Post #2097

QUOTE (CAM-327 @ Nov 22 2011, 07:41 PM) *
Been a bit dead in here lately, how are everyones cars going? When do you think they will be on the road for some cruising? smile.gif

Cheers!

Not much happening here
Been busy doin orders for christmas,fuk its only what 4 weeks and every fuker is leaving everything till the last second
Dont people think that businesses have other customers they make for ???

FATTIE
Post #2098

QUOTE (no more holdens @ Nov 23 2011, 07:13 AM) *
Been busy doin orders for christmas,fuk its only what 4 weeks and every fuker is leaving everything till the last second
Dont people think that businesses have other customers they make for ???

OMFG, I work in the shed industry, different industry same shit.

I had a guy come in yesterday and wants to purchase a shed but it HAS to be built before christmas, 4-5 weeks for the council application,,, not going to happen

we have a solid work schedule until mid Feb 2012

FATTIE
Post #2099

On the car front though...

I have all the hanging panels for my ute ready for final alignment, then back off for paint..

I HATE PANEL WORK!

I HATE USING A LONG BOARD SANDER

I HATE SANDING END STORY...

no more holdens
Post #2100

QUOTE (FATTIE @ Nov 23 2011, 07:42 AM) *
4-5 weeks for the council application

Thats IF ya can find a council that knows their shit
I havent met any council thats on their game, most unorganised over paid desk jockies in the whole universe

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 60 of 107
Jump to page
60 User(s) are reading this topic (60 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x