2010 Sprint Thread  

Page 10 of 10
Jump to page
Marlin
Post #316

God, what an anti climax. lol
From fisty cuffs to wristys just like that.
I'm appalled.

Mounfield Racing
Post #317

QUOTE (Marlin @ Jun 21 2010, 04:36 PM) *
God, what an anti climax. lol
From fisty cuffs to wristys just like that.
I'm appalled.

I am off to Hamilton Island for 10 days, please don't fight while the old man of Excels is away. I would sure hate to miss another shit fight lol.

trackattack
Post #318

Track Attack is attending the Sprints at Lakeside this Thursday.
To enter follow this link - http://www.trackattack.com.au/2010/index.p...=reg_individual

Spectators free entry.
for more information visit - http://www.trackattack.com.au/midweek

Cheers Jeff
Track Attack

260DET
Post #319

Looks like the Excel'ers can't keep their 'chat' to their own thread, c'mon this is supposed to be a general sprint thread.

mr_squiggle_1
Post #320

QUOTE (fireball @ Jun 20 2010, 11:47 PM) *
what it seems to me is that QR is just doin a money grabbing exercise. what was traditionally the saturday arvo SPRINTS where we did 4 sessions of the SPRINT circuit is no more, cos instead of giving the ppl who want to enter the sprints, we are now lumped with the track attack people.

if track attack wants to book the track for their use , then QR should give them a track day for their track use , NOT toss em in with the people who are entered for the SPRINT arvo. Cos now the people who ARE entered for the sprint arvo only get 2 runs on the sprint circuit to get their best time, instead of 4 rolleyes.gif Not only that, cos now that the track attack guys are lumped in, there is of course an over subscription to the track day leading to potential biffs on track from too many cars on the track at one time leading to a poor chance of actually getting a clean run in at all.

my other gripe stems from the fact that ppl are getting points allocated to the sat arvo sprint ppl (NOT TA guys) whilst running SLICKS. i've had many chats with doug who has said, cos it is for road registered cars ,SLICKS are not permitted and if u run them u would NOT get points. one offender being the porsche GT3 on michelin full slicks rolleyes.gif but if they aren't goin to police their own rules, fk me i might as well run slicks in the future just to see how fast i can go .

There is no reason to exclude Track attack from the sprints we run. They are there to do the same thing you are. If they didn't enter through track attack, they would enter through us and it would be no different.

The major issue we had on Saturday was the fact that a whole group had been purchased by the GEAR club (I was told they would have 15-20 cars but they only showed with 8). Groups are capped at 20 cars per group. Groups are also separated by the times you put on your entry, if you don't put down a time because you haven't been here you are placed in group 4 (or group 5 if there's 5 groups). Group 4 (or 5) is for all the new guys. I had to turn a number of people away on Saturday as we had reached our limits. This is why it is much better to pre-enter rather than just rock up on the day and hope for the best.

The other issue on Saturday was the mix up in the tracks being run, that was a mistake made during the briefing. I apologize for this and ensure it won't happen again. Greg is new to our business and as yet has not gotten his head around all the products we offer.

Also, I am unsure what Doug has told you, he is no longer here with us at QR, but one thing I will say is that the Saturday afternoon sprints is aimed at road registered only, and thus these cars must also run road legal tyres (semi slicks are legal). I will make sure I go for a look at the next event to check up on this fact.

Also on the topic of bunching up at sprints, we have tried to inform people in the briefings not to do this, warnings and send homes will be the next step. If you want to race, come to a top gear event, leave the sprints to sprints.

Mounfield Racing
Post #321

QUOTE (260DET @ Jun 22 2010, 08:33 AM) *
Looks like the Excel'ers can't keep their 'chat' to their own thread, c'mon this is supposed to be a general sprint thread.

Your correct this is a general sprint thread and like Z owners some Nissan owners also do sprints in Excels. I regret to say that this is turning into a forum for wankers that hate the Excel.

HRD-GTR
Post #322

there is a whole thread just for the excels sprints! You're welcome here too, as long as you keep it sensible but if you want to have an excel specific squabble like you have for the past 3 or 4 pages, you probably won't be well recieved by the regulars, as you can see.

Actually, that motto ("you're welcome here, but keep it sensible") could well be extended to the excel's involvement at sprints, which after just 5 months is already gaining the wrong kind of reputation for thier on track antics and is having negative impacts on our sport for the rest of us.

personally, i think the one make series thing is a bad idea at sprints. That kind of thing should be for racing only. History shows what tends to happen in any one-make series. It probably also doesn't help when its marketed as the cheapest possible way to go racing, and pitched at newcomers. Inexperienced people spending as little as possible getting cars that are dubviously roadworthy on the track is not a great combination for motorsport and safety.

PRO050
Post #323

QUOTE (HRD-GTR @ Jun 22 2010, 10:32 AM) *
there is a whole thread just for the excels sprints! You're welcome here too, as long as you keep it sensible but if you want to have an excel specific squabble like you have for the past 3 or 4 pages, you probably won't be well recieved by the regulars, as you can see.

Actually, that motto ("you're welcome here, but keep it sensible") could well be extended to the excel's involvement at sprints, which after just 5 months is already gaining the wrong kind of reputation for thier on track antics and is having negative impacts on our sport for the rest of us.

personally, i think the one make series thing is a bad idea at sprints. That kind of thing should be for racing only. History shows what tends to happen in any one-make series. It probably also doesn't help when its marketed as the cheapest possible way to go racing, and pitched at newcomers. Inexperienced people spending as little as possible getting cars that are dubviously roadworthy on the track is not a great combination for motorsport and safety.

Please can we stop the excel bashing as a whole, throwing everyone in the same basket is really unfair.
I was in my excel and raced the clock, dyno boys in their 2 cars raced the clock, Mountfield crew were racing the clock as well or I should say sprinting.
For sure some racing in sprints at Lakeside and people involved were spoken to, as they should be.
I had a good day on Saturday with a 65.45 on the sprint track would have liked all for runs on the same track, but liked the clubman track as well.
As my first drive of a front wheel drive car I was really impressed how much fun it was, and how different it is to driving a rear wheel car.
Back to the falcon for the sprint next time to beat my 60.08 if it survives the irace meet at Eastern Creek next month.
Cheers Paul

mr_squiggle_1
Post #324

Just to clear up my statements about bunching up are aimed at everyone, not just one group of people.

Anyone that deliberately bunches up to try and race will be treat the same.

JAK355
Post #325

Closing date for entries to the Rocky sprints is 2nd July for those interested in running, a few positions still available.

HRD-GTR
Post #326

QUOTE (57ING @ Jun 9 2010, 02:33 PM) *
Im booked and paid for SAS on the 19th, first time out in the Evo 9 since Ive done rear Whiteline swaybar, coilovers, race brake fluid and Project MU pads, aiming for that elusive 59.99 on standard tyres.............

so... how'd you go? Its a pretty big goal you've set yourself judging by my experience on road tyres there! Mind you an Evo 9 on road tyres is probably a much better proposition than a Supra on road tyres.

had to do something to get this thread back on track, so to speak!

I'm going back to QR just to see how the 180 goes around there compared to my previous cars. Anyone else heading out?

superdave
Post #327

I assume we have a couple people here running in the Top Gear stuff. In the TG Sprints what are the vehicle requirements regarding safety? I understand full slicks are allowed. And the starts are staggered standing starts if what I'm told is true; how are the grids determined?

zuboo
Post #328

QUOTE (HRD-GTR @ Jun 22 2010, 10:32 AM) *

thumbsup.gif

Its not xls bashing, just some owners have not set the bar to high for the group.

zuboo
Post #329

QUOTE (superdave @ Jun 22 2010, 06:54 PM) *
I assume we have a couple people here running in the Top Gear stuff. In the TG Sprints what are the vehicle requirements regarding safety? I understand full slicks are allowed. And the starts are staggered standing starts if what I'm told is true; how are the grids determined?

Info is found here

http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/events...cing_index.html

superdave
Post #330

QUOTE (zuboo @ Jun 22 2010, 07:14 PM) *

Cheers, seems I already meet the TG Sprint requirements. Links on that page seem to only work in IE too.

Another question I've just been asked is whether or not Cusco coilovers can be rebuilt. I was of the opinion that with the Cusco you just threw out the old strut and bought a new strut. The new strut isn't that much, just the downside of that is the shipping costs from Japan for the replacement strut; so does anyone know if it is possible to open them up and have them worked on locally?

brendorcx
Post #331

just read the last few pages this is so funny to read.
i was in group 1 had a blast and no problems with any slower cars they where all great.
do people know we are not racing for sheep stations out there, so worry about your own car and not what every one else is doing on there car or on the track.
thanks jeff love racing with t/a there is no bitching.
cant wait to drive that excel jeff thanks.

Mounfield Racing
Post #332

QUOTE (JAK355 @ Jun 22 2010, 05:02 PM) *
Closing date for entries to the Rocky sprints is 2nd July for those interested in running, a few positions still available.

We are there for sure our S12 was one of the first cars entered.

JAK355
Post #333

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Jun 29 2010, 11:29 AM) *
We are there for sure our S12 was one of the first cars entered.

Same.
Heres a link to the track layout....minus some barrier and merging/chicane barriers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMOT4kqnBSg...layer_embedded#!

GTRVspec95
Post #334

Hope to be out on this Saturday to take some pictures again for SAS

Timofytit
Post #335

QUOTE (260DET @ Jun 10 2010, 10:06 AM) *
Yeh I reckon Lakeside is made for AWD yet their times are ordinary from what I've seen hsdance.gif

59.16s here in a normally asprirated Honda integra type R.

Timofytit
Post #336

QUOTE (brendorcx @ Jun 22 2010, 08:19 PM) *
just read the last few pages this is so funny to read.
i was in group 1 had a blast and no problems with any slower cars they where all great.
do people know we are not racing for sheep stations out there, so worry about your own car and not what every one else is doing on there car or on the track.
thanks jeff love racing with t/a there is no bitching.
cant wait to drive that excel jeff thanks.

Very true Brendan, you have that little CRX going round QR like a bullet. It's all about the fun. I think most of us enjoy having the fun on the track and meeting new people. It's really a great social day, till the helmet goes on, hehehe

260DET
Post #337

Old Dartsun and I will be attending and it better be bloody fine and sunny this time smile.gif

57ING
Post #338

Im in tomorrow as well for another run, have made some changes to suspension so will be keen to check out the improvements.

hate_
Post #339

Hopefully my car will make it off the trailer this time around ohnoes.gif (unlike last SAS)

Timofytit
Post #340

Yeah, what Dave said!!

Marlin
Post #341

We had a ball at Lakeside open practice on Friday 6/8.
I did over 250klm.... on track! Was well into my 3rd tank of juice when I forgot I wasn't running an oil cooler and the engine went bang! LOL

scooby36
Post #342

sup marlin, wanted to ask

with the mini slicks did you run them on staggered rims? or equal front and rear

my wheels will be 8/9inch .. wondering if this will feel strange with a bit more stretch on the rears.. all being 215's

Marlin
Post #343

I ran them on 8 inch all round, and to my suprise they didn't look even remotely stretched on them.
I think they'd be just fine on a 9 as well.
They fitted my 8's more like a 235 than the 215 they are.

Marlin
Post #344

Some vid from the friday (looking out the back for something different);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9QGwTC4vNc

260DET
Post #345

Thursday Lakeside Sprints on tomorrow, come one, come all smile.gif

scooby36
Post #346

sweet vid :] cheers for the advice, they sound like a winner

Marlin
Post #347

QUOTE (260DET @ Aug 18 2010, 12:34 PM) *
Thursday Lakeside Sprints on tomorrow, come one, come all smile.gif

Would be there 'cept it goes "knock knock knock knock knock"

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 10 of 10
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
29 User(s) are reading this topic (29 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x