Gutted Interior - In QLD  

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
Lazer_Spec
Post #61

here is my interior runnin no carpet. jus two front seats dash centre console door cards and cage

32 MKV
Post #62

QUOTE (Lazer_Spec @ Mar 2 2010, 08:58 PM) *
here is my interior runnin no carpet. jus two front seats dash centre console door cards and cage

make's me wonder... how much weight is actaully had to be saved doing this?

i personally wouldn't do it unless it was a track car or tracked regulary.. as i don't see the point in extreme weight stripping in a untracked daily dunno.gif

the_random_hero
Post #63

QUOTE (32 MKV @ Mar 2 2010, 08:30 PM) *
really?... yes power to weight is everything for sure.. but a few other things go into concept aswell..

a guy with a R32 on the Golfmkv forums took out his rear seats+spare & tools and weighed his car.. nearly 100KG's difference!!

Yep, actually ran 1 second quicker in the Hillclimbs than he did. Admittedly there was a fucking good driver behind the AE82.

QUOTE (32 MKV @ Mar 2 2010, 09:04 PM) *

i personally wouldn't do it unless it was a track car or tracked regulary.. as i don't see the point in extreme weight stripping in a untracked daily dunno.gif

You'd be surprised. I've already taken over 120kg (more than 10% of the car) out of my AW11 and I haven't gotten -too- serious with removing things yet.

GTS R33
Post #64

QUOTE (Sharpy @ Feb 22 2010, 09:19 PM) *
Why do it?

A. If thats all you're doing..... dont.

But if you get light weight wheels

get rid of carpets, spare wheel back seat, carbon bonnet, door, boot, lexcen glass, blah blah blah

it helps, and depending on what you want to do depends on the extent you can get out of them

from getting the weight of 1 or 2 or more people out of your car by stripping it in something like a 180sx, to getting 3-500kg out of a supra.

it helps

Car that won Superlap NZ was a treuno with lexcen 'windows' no interior lightweight everything.

Mark berry;s 34gtr's dash weighs 1.1kg.

obviously they are the extreme, but it all helps

he wants to race the n/a auto supra that nearly beat the turbo skyline

GTRVspec95
Post #65

QUOTE (SHEZ_S13 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:43 PM) *
i listen to music when i drive, i want it loud, my 6x9's are light as fuck and they would be in the parcel tray anyway

Don't even worry about stripping you're interior then as your defeating the purpose of it buy putting unnecessary ballast back in ...

jish
Post #66

QUOTE (32 MKV @ Mar 2 2010, 09:04 PM) *

If a car is piggish then there's a fairly good reason (like what I'm doing).

It's going to cost far too much getting it overly clean for a 20 year old car with outdated material on the seats, carpet starting to tear etc etc.

So I'm stripping the fuck out of it and keeping it clean that way.

That and when I do get it to the track, not only will I have less weight, I'll have room for more tyres etc smile.gif

32 MKV
Post #67

QUOTE (the_random_hero @ Mar 2 2010, 09:32 PM) *
Yep, actually ran 1 second quicker in the Hillclimbs than he did. Admittedly there was a fucking good driver behind the AE82.

You'd be surprised. I've already taken over 120kg (more than 10% of the car) out of my AW11 and I haven't gotten -too- serious with removing things yet.

o was that the other day? against the silver R32.. that's keith he's cool.

yeah i know there is a good 100kgs+ in it... but if you were to take a car off the road and fully track it.. how much weight could be saved? 200-250+?

Evaded Motorsport
Post #68

Hahaha TRH we beat the M3 by over a second, we went .5 of a second slower than one of the GTi's and about 1.5 slower than the other GTi. Not bad considering we have spent $2.5k including the cost of the car.

If you are just going to put the speakers back in don't even bother removing interior parts. It will actually change the sound of the audio gear as it will be reflecting off different surfaces.

I will post some pics of our AE82 this evening to show you how to strip a car tongue.gif

Andrew

wbtonner
Post #69

QUOTE (GTRVspec95 @ Feb 21 2010, 10:39 PM) *
Correct

QLD transport need to be notified of this change and record it against the vehicle

Not to sure about the P plate legalities thou

i didn't bother reading the next pages but in QLD seating mods are sweet for p platers, my utes got buckets and removed the bench got it plated and never any attention, but with the buckets cops like to think you don't have it plated and like to check

1jz jzx90
Post #70

if u mod plate it means u cant drive it p plate laws im on them to thats why i sold my sierra and u need the modplate to change it

wbtonner
Post #71

QUOTE (1jz jzx90 @ Mar 3 2010, 10:08 PM) *
if u mod plate it means u cant drive it p plate laws im on them to thats why i sold my sierra and u need the modplate to change it

been pulled over by QT twice, once for 45 min, pulled over by cops a fair bit and never once have i had any drama's being a p plater with it mod plated, maybe its just steel bumpers get away with more than plastic shit lol

the_random_hero
Post #72

Urgh, people need to learn actual P plate laws before posting what they heard off a mates mate. As long as it's not engine work, then mod plates are all good for P platers.

32 MKV
Post #73

QUOTE (the_random_hero @ Mar 3 2010, 10:42 PM) *
Urgh, people need to learn actual P plate laws before posting what they heard off a mates mate. As long as it's not engine work, then mod plates are all good for P platers.

do cams require a mod plate? dunno.gif

jish
Post #74

QUOTE (32 MKV @ Mar 4 2010, 09:18 AM) *

Yes they do.

autech_s15
Post #75

Technically cams need a mod plate, but good luck getting done for them.

TwinCam16
Post #76

QUOTE (1jz jzx90 @ Mar 3 2010, 10:08 PM) *

Fuck sake.

Learn the rules.

P Platers CAN have mod plates

SHEZ_S13
Post #77

QUOTE (32 MKV @ Mar 4 2010, 09:18 AM) *

who would bother haha, they're not going to rip your car to bits dunno.gif

Parag0n
Post #78

Make sure you have dry ice handy for your sound deadening.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x