Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 52 of 53
Jump to page
GT_88
Post #1806

Hi All

For those who run the twin cam models, do you run a oil filter catch can ?

Thanks

bigp0_1
Post #1807

17 days to go till Topgear. Get your entries in. Also I have an extra car available to the right driver.

nodrog
Post #1808

Running my new car for the first time at Lakeside on Sunday!!! Woohoo.

It was 7 seconds per lap faster than my old X2 at QR so hopefully it will be a bit faster at Lakeside as well!!!

F1 Driver
Post #1809

Don't know if I'm crazy, but I have been considering having a crack of this if my karting callandar permits.
I've heard the single cam is the go? Better than twin cam??
Are there rules and regulations somewhere?

Any links would be tops.

Adam

wasas
Post #1810

Hi Adam,

Hope you come join us! its cheap and fun and as competative as you want it to be.
Rules are up on the trackattack.com.au website, check there.

there will be circuit racing on the 17 at QR if you wanna come talk to myself or some other drivers, the manager of the series as well will be there no doubt so any further questions you can ask him
As for single vs twin, the single motors are stronger, power is about the same, twins have 1-2 hp more apparently... but they have 500 rpm more before cutout, however at that point your loosing power

wasas
Post #1811

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Mar 31 2011, 03:44 PM) *
Hi All

For those who run the twin cam models, do you run a oil filter catch can ?

Thanks

We just have it as stock, plummed back into the intake.
if you run one you need both feeds into a can, and then to vent it.

PRO050
Post #1812

QUOTE (F1 Driver @ Apr 9 2011, 11:06 AM) *
Don't know if I'm crazy, but I have been considering having a crack of this if my karting callandar permits.
I've heard the single cam is the go? Better than twin cam??
Are there rules and regulations somewhere?

Any links would be tops.

Adam

Adam why would you be crazy? 65.4 sec lap around Lakeside is not to shabby in a low budget race car (around $6,000) or any car for that matter, considering the racing series swifts couldn't manage those times on semi slicks, lsd, race suspension ect and their around $40,000.
Clean close racing is what it's about with out blowing the budget.
Should have 15 plus cars for the QR meet on the 17th and then back to Lakeside for a full 20 car grid.
See you boys there.
Paul

bigp0_1
Post #1813

Wanted to buy 15" alloys for excel Phone Paul 0417003361

wasas
Post #1814

Roll call for sunday!
Whos in?

benno.h
Post #1815

PRO050
Post #1816

QUOTE (benno.h @ Apr 17 2011, 09:39 PM) *

great weekend for you guys well done

wasas
Post #1817

Thanks Paul. Would of been nice to have held t1 a little better in the first few races. Found out the Toe was well out hence the unstable rear end.
I'm looking forward to lakeside now and seeing if I can get up with you boys!

HANN S
Post #1818

Damm theres excels going everywhere,what a great weekend,thanks to everyone who put in,this is a great little race series that will keep growing. cant wait for lakeside,and peter will be much happier to get back there too.So he thinks!!.

HANN S
Post #1819

and has anyone seen any pics from the weekend?

PRO050
Post #1820

QUOTE (HANN S @ Apr 21 2011, 08:34 PM) *
Damm theres excels going everywhere,what a great weekend,thanks to everyone who put in,this is a great little race series that will keep growing. cant wait for lakeside,and peter will be much happier to get back there too.So he thinks!!.

Nice drive Brett, and a well deserved win, bring on Lakeside.

HANN S
Post #1821

Thanks paul,must have been all the laps out there with you and the geminis,gee there is some very fotage from your cars camera, love it,bring on lakeside.

wrxkilla
Post #1822

Was watching the Excel Series at Top Gear Races last weekend. Fantastic racing!!! Keep up the good work.

thumbsup.gif

Mick

Spec83
Post #1823

I am looking at having a crack at this this my dad... he is recently retired and needs something to distract him lol smile.gif Plus I had an excel as my first car and have fond-ish memories of throwing chiptorque turbo kits at it amongst other things!!

Just looking for the right base car that does not require any bodywork and is less than $1,250

Do you guys have any contact details for parts suppliers (i.e. rollcage, seat and harness mounts, suspension bits etc.)

cortispazz
Post #1824

QUOTE (trackattack @ Feb 9 2010, 09:51 AM) *
I use 2" rpm harness to AS2596 which complies with AASA and CAMS requirements.
These harness do not have an expiry date.
They are also road legal in my car due to the age of the car (pre 1972)

I need to get a car to paul so that he can work out the steel required for the cages,
but they could be as little as $300 either for a 4 point bolt in kit or 4 point welded in if you take him the car.
price range for cages should be between $300 to $600, will confirm as soon as I can.

where can we get these 4 point cages ??? for $300 and would they be cams approved?

bigp0_1
Post #1825

Excel Race Car for sale Top Gear Ready. For more info Phone Paul 0417003361 Car can be viewed at Brendale

bunit99
Post #1826

ive got a bog stock hyundai excel for sale at the moment.
cheap and runs very well.
pm me if your interested

wasas
Post #1827

Quick clip of getting bumped at T1... had problems with that corner all day for those out there watching. Still, before the bump I was 13th -> 6th within 2 laps.
Had a really fun day out there, and wish I could race for lakeside next month but I think my team mate wants a crack!

Baultz
Post #1828

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAH

ill make sure to tell my nana AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

nodrog
Post #1829

QUOTE (Baultz @ May 19 2011, 01:52 PM) *
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAH

ill make sure to tell my nana AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Tell her what??? How your Skyline got beaten by a bunch of Excels???

datto510
Post #1830

FYI I still have 2 pairs of brand new boots if anybody needs them.
both are blue, one pair size 47 one pair size 48 (48 = about size 10)
$80 a pair
cheers Jeff

GT_88
Post #1831

Hi All,

Just asking if anyone has a spare alloy 15" wheel.(to fit excel)15x6.5

Going to use it as a back up thats all!

Thanks,

GT

yda55
Post #1832

hey guys i have to rebuild my motor in my excel
just a single cam rings were worn and starting to smoke.
was wondering weres the best place to get a rebuild kit?
id like to give the motor a full freshen up before i come racing lol

wasas
Post #1833

Come racing with a shit motor. Way more fun!

HSV
Post #1834

I vaguely remember someone hiring out these for the season, is this still happening?

If so I have 3 - 4 likely candidates for next year lined up.

datto510
Post #1835

Ralph mounfield built 2 that were to be rented out.
David from Track Attack also has a spare excel that i believe is going to be rented and used for driver training

HSV
Post #1836

QUOTE (datto510 @ Jun 28 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Ralph mounfield built 2 that were to be rented out.
David from Track Attack also has a spare excel that i believe is going to be rented and used for driver training

That's right, thought it had something to do with Robbie.

Thanks mate.

PRO050
Post #1837

Excels will be running at the next QRDC round at Queensland race way on the 9th and 10th July.
Numbers are looking good at the moment so if you want to run contact me for an entry as entries are made through the Gemini Club not QR.
Cheers Paul

yda55
Post #1838

QUOTE (wasas @ Jun 28 2011, 10:27 AM) *
Come racing with a shit motor. Way more fun!

lol i would win as you wouldnt be able to see through the smoke haha

GT_88
Post #1839

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Jun 29 2011, 09:35 AM) *
Excels will be running at the next QRDC round at Queensland race way on the 9th and 10th July.
Numbers are looking good at the moment so if you want to run contact me for an entry as entries are made through the Gemini Club not QR.
Cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

What's the reason for making entries through the Gemini Club?
Is it because the Track Attack web site is under construction?

Might be about time that the excels form a Club!...smile.gif

GT

PRO050
Post #1840

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Jun 29 2011, 07:32 PM) *
Hi Paul,

What's the reason for making entries through the Gemini Club?
Is it because the Track Attack web site is under construction?

Might be about time that the excels form a Club!...smile.gif

GT

No, the reason is the Gemini's have paid for the race slots so we just jump in with them. This is why they (gemini's) discount the entries $295 down to $250 for a 2 day race meeting. It is great value and run on the national circuit for all the races.
It was just the 4 rounds for the excel's this year so this is just a chance to do a little more racing.
Cheers Paul

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 52 of 53
Jump to page
145 User(s) are reading this topic (145 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x