Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 49 of 53
Jump to page
57OMPA
Post #1701

nevermind found it :unsure:

Robby
Post #1702

same as a normal sprints at qr or lakeside... avout 6-7 laps 4-5 times

bigp0_1
Post #1703

How do you go about getting a log book

PRO050
Post #1704

QUOTE (bigp0_1 @ Nov 19 2010, 05:07 AM) *
How do you go about getting a log book

You don't need a log book to do sprints or race at QR or lakeside.

wasas
Post #1705

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Nov 15 2010, 12:59 PM) *
Great day Benno, and nice driving to come home in front of those gemini's.
Great work to all the guys that made it to the grid on Sunday, the interest was massive.
New lap record to Mr Hyundi himself (Peter from Real Dyno) throwing down a 65.4, great drive Pete.
Cheers Paul

Hey Paul! I'm back from dirtbiking around the philippines and am keen to have a lap, but after reading about a 65.4 I'm scared!! hahaha thats a very quick time from a 1500cc motor :D
Benno said it was a fun day out and I'm pissed I missed it so I'll have to make up for it next sprints, and see if I can work on our cars PB.

For all those who are interested come out and chat to the drivers, the RDP boys are a wealth of knowledge and they will tell you its not what you spend on the car, its what you spend in track time that will make you faster. I think somewhere at the start of this thread someone said make my words, you'll see them run 66's soon enough, now we have 65's i wonder how low it can actually go? I got a few seconds to make up now :\

dazzazoo
Post #1706

quick question are you able to build a excel for the sprints that can be registered and daily driven on the street? just curious about cage legalities would be good to build a beater for a daily and then thrash it on the weekends :thumbsup:

PRO050
Post #1707

Benno drove his Excel to the track last week, changed tyres, raced all day door handle to door handle, changed tyres back and drove home.
You can have a fully prepped race car to meet all Top Gear race rules and drive it to and from the track. It will need to be mod plated for a 2 seater to get the cage and harnesses passed.

PRO050
Post #1708

QUOTE (wasas @ Nov 19 2010, 10:53 PM) *
Hey Paul! I'm back from dirtbiking around the philippines and am keen to have a lap, but after reading about a 65.4 I'm scared!! hahaha thats a very quick time from a 1500cc motor :thumbsup:
Benno said it was a fun day out and I'm pissed I missed it so I'll have to make up for it next sprints, and see if I can work on our cars PB.

For all those who are interested come out and chat to the drivers, the RDP boys are a wealth of knowledge and they will tell you its not what you spend on the car, its what you spend in track time that will make you faster. I think somewhere at the start of this thread someone said make my words, you'll see them run 66's soon enough, now we have 65's i wonder how low it can actually go? I got a few seconds to make up now :\

Yes Wasas 65.4 is a great time but was done by getting a tow nearly all the way around the track. As I said in an earlier post the tow is worth 1 to 1.5 seconds a lap so don't think you need something special to run those time, just great driving on Pete's part.
Here's a link to some of the action from Pete's car, Rod's driving my purple excel (struggled with a flat tyre) Brett with a great drive in the silver Excel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUfzeSHTugc

wasas
Post #1709

wow loved every second of that vid! brett was giving it his all hey!

dazzazoo,
We got our cage installed and then modplated. as said you need to get a few things modplated, the race seat (has to be ADR or better approved), the 2 seat conversion, and then the cage. for the seat you should be using crush tubes when mounting, and the cage *should* be bolt in. but find a nice engineer and dont use it as a daily and you shouldn't have any problems. you could try the hassle of conditional registration for CAMS/rally, but its not worth it for the excel class.

For all those interested in coming out and racing, the best advice is this.
Buy a car. get it to the track.
lap around the sprints for a day and see how it feels. then talk to PRO50 (Paul) and get a cage installed. next get a set of rims and tyres, at the same time add another set of camber bolts to the front and a set at the back, the cheap ones are not worth the hassle, spend the money and get the whiteline ones.
after that do the springs, either cut a loop or get some kings/pedders, then pay for an alignment. lots of rear tow will keep the car nice n flat. you can add a rear sway if you want, but its 50/50 on personal feel.
after that start stripping and come circuit racing!

HANN S
Post #1710

Hi all,forget the sprints!,lets go racing!,,it was great racing with rod and peter. me and peter had a great time racing and it was very very close.
i should have my footage next week i will put that up.i have not seen it either.
So for all of you that are going on about the rules lets just get together for a meeting or just used the rules we have now,my car is bang on with the rules,i think?,let just go racing! now,its so much fun,stuff your sprints.
See peter and RDP can be beaten! LOL.my thanks to RDP,For getting my car ready,cheers.

GT_88
Post #1711

QUOTE (HANN S @ Nov 20 2010, 05:36 PM) *
Hi all,forget the sprints!,lets go racing!,,it was great racing with rod and peter. me and peter had a great time racing and it was very very close.
i should have my footage next week i will put that up.i have not seen it either.
So for all of you that are going on about the rules lets just get together for a meeting or just used the rules we have now,my car is bang on with the rules,i think?,let just go racing! now,its so much fun,stuff your sprints.
See peter and RDP can be beaten! LOL.my thanks to RDP,For getting my car ready,cheers.

Hi All,
Yes I agree in having meeting and sorting out the rules.
Had a few people with me on Sunday who are interested in building cars.
A question was asked by them about springs and why the need to cut down a already lowered spring???eg:king spring etc
Off the shelf spring not sufficient? any reasons why the springs need to be cut down more??
It was good to see 5 excels mix it with the jam tins!

Look forward to 2011!

bigp0_1
Post #1712

when is the next sprints in the new year

PRO050
Post #1713

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Nov 20 2010, 06:24 AM) *
Yes Wasas 65.4 is a great time but was done by getting a tow nearly all the way around the track. As I said in an earlier post the tow is worth 1 to 1.5 seconds a lap so don't think you need something special to run those time, just great driving on Pete's part.
Here's a link to some of the action from Pete's car, Rod's driving my purple excel (struggled with a flat tyre) Brett with a great drive in the silver Excel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUfzeSHTugc

Bump

girlsboost
Post #1714

i think it would be even more ineresting watching a couple of kiwis having a charade derby lmfao not seriosly that would me more interesting

PRO050
Post #1715

QUOTE (girlsboost @ Nov 23 2010, 06:21 PM) *
i think it would be even more ineresting watching a couple of kiwis having a charade derby lmfao not seriosly that would me more interesting

I think you should have been more interested in your English lessons. ^^^^^^ FAIL^^^^^^ :headwall:

bigp0_1
Post #1716

What wheel alignment specs for hyundai excel

PRO050
Post #1717

QUOTE (bigp0_1 @ Nov 29 2010, 05:05 AM) *
What wheel alignment specs for hyundai excel

PM sent

wasas
Post #1718

whos racing sprinting sunday? I was thinking about getting some laptime in

bigp0_1
Post #1719

4 more sleeps until the 2 new Trackside Car Care Excel's hit the track.

nodrog
Post #1720

Hey Paul

send me the wheel alignment specs as well please!!

PRO050
Post #1721

QUOTE (nodrog @ Nov 30 2010, 09:02 PM) *
Hey Paul

send me the wheel alignment specs as well please!!

PM sent

bigp0_1
Post #1722

two more sleeps

PRO050
Post #1723

QUOTE (bigp0_1 @ Dec 3 2010, 06:31 PM) *
two more sleeps

Looks great, just make sure you bring your rain tyres :mamoru:

Mounfield Racing
Post #1724

QUOTE (HANN S @ Nov 20 2010, 05:36 PM) *

I am with you. Forget the rules, no one understands them or has access to them. Possible changes or variations to the original specifications are not being distributed and most complain that their budget wont permit them to abode by any rules, so let go have some fun. For me, if it meets every safety requirement or exceeded the safety aspect and it's based on an Excel body with Excel mechanicals (external look alike) has a wheel on each corner like a normal Excel, regardless how or where the wheel is mounted by way of some thing that resembles a strut, or what tire is on the wheel provided the tire is made of black rubber, the car is eligible to run.

PRO050
Post #1725

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Dec 4 2010, 08:44 AM) *
I am with you. Forget the rules, no one understands them or has access to them. Possible changes or variations to the original specifications are not being distributed and most complain that their budget wont permit them to abode by any rules, so let go have some fun. For me, if it meets every safety requirement or exceeded the safety aspect and it's based on an Excel body with Excel mechanicals (external look alike) has a wheel on each corner like a normal Excel, regardless how or where the wheel is mounted by way of some thing that resembles a strut, or what tire is on the wheel provided the tire is made of black rubber, the car is eligible to run.

The rule are on the track attack web site, yes we are trying to get a meeting organized to refine the rules if needed.
If there is no rules, money wins.

Mounfield Racing
Post #1726

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Dec 4 2010, 11:21 AM) *
The rule are on the track attack web site, yes we are trying to get a meeting organized to refine the rules if needed.
If there is no rules, money wins.

Its not true, those that spend the extra dollars do it cause they want to. Those on a budget get reward from sticking it to the guys with big budgets, and the one that fronts with a reliable well set up car, lots of talent and perhaps familiarization of a specific track will always win. No one that goes out with the intention of having a good time ever looses.

PRO050
Post #1727

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Dec 4 2010, 11:29 AM) *
Its not true, those that spend the extra dollars do it cause they want to. Those on a budget get reward from sticking it to the guys with big budgets, and the one that fronts with a reliable well set up car, lots of talent and perhaps familiarization of a specific track will always win. No one that goes out with the intention of having a good time ever looses.

Yes Ralf it's called Sports Sedans, go knock yourself out.

datto510
Post #1728

I finally got my car going again, see you guys tomorrow :P
I have 2 pairs of boots left if anybody need some

Blue 47
Black 48

$80.00 each (need cash in correct change please)

cheers.

PS I just checked on Track Attack and the Excel rules page hasn't been edited since June 2010

GHOSTY
Post #1729

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Dec 4 2010, 11:29 AM) *
No one that goes out with the intention of having a good time ever loses.

Post of the year :P

bigp0_1
Post #1730

Had a blast today and can't wait to do it again. As far as rules leave it the way it is.To many stock classes have been stuffed by to many rule changes.

datto510
Post #1731

some photos from today here

brendo12
Post #1732

hey guys my excel is for sale, anyone keen check my topics, thanks!

AUTO-KING
Post #1733

Hi Guys,
Where is the calender for meetings for the excel series?

Don't suppose anyone knows of a prefab cage for an excel (long shot).

Cheers

datto510
Post #1734

just get Paul (pro050) to build you a cage, its cheaper than getting a kit.

Timofytit
Post #1735

I have a friend with a Green Excel for sale. She is having a family and its her daily driver. It has tassy plates and she has owned it for years. Very negotiable on price and it is a 2dr manual. PM if interested.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 49 of 53
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x