Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 46 of 53
Jump to page
260DET
Post #1596

QUOTE (Marlin @ Sep 27 2010, 03:14 PM) *
at lakeside? no they don't.

Upon re-opening they began using the bus stop but it broke up very quickly. Reverted to full track which is great, as I reckon fast under the brindge is the best part of the track :)

Nooooo, exchanged the Nissan for an Excel, hard times mate?

:o

nodrog
Post #1597

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Oct 1 2010, 10:17 AM) *
Never had one apart, but if I had to guess I would say no.

This, Sir, is the correct answer. Well done Paul.

They are completely different.

Mounfield Racing
Post #1598

QUOTE (nodrog @ Oct 3 2010, 09:21 AM) *
This, Sir, is the correct answer. Well done Paul.

They are completely different.

Well now we all know. Thank goodness I have 4 single cams and 3 twin cams and none with lifter problems. Yet!!!

hamneggs
Post #1599

I have a whole Hyundai XL 97 Model car for sale, some front crash damage, Can b fixed with bonnet, Guards and headlights etc , has good motor 100,000klms, good manual box, Good seats ,interior, tyres etc ...can hear running..... $500.00 Brisbane southside ..........0412733940 Ham

Mounfield Racing
Post #1600

QUOTE (hamneggs @ Oct 3 2010, 11:29 AM) *
I have a whole Hyundai XL 97 Model car for sale, some front crash damage, Can b fixed with bonnet, Guards and headlights etc , has good motor 100,000klms, good manual box, Good seats ,interior, tyres etc ...can hear running..... $500.00 Brisbane southside ..........0412733940 Ham

$250 if it's Twin Cam. Its up to you.

hamneggs
Post #1601

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Oct 3 2010, 02:59 PM) *
$250 if it's Twin Cam. Its up to you.

hamneggs
Post #1602

Its a single cam Engine ............

baxdoode
Post #1603

are these races still going on?

PRO050
Post #1604

QUOTE (baxdoode @ Oct 3 2010, 05:50 PM) *
are these races still going on?

Yes

wasas
Post #1605

Sprints!!!

Whos going? It'll be my last chance before going O/S.

Mounfield Racing
Post #1606

QUOTE (wasas @ Oct 4 2010, 09:40 AM) *
Sprints!!!

Whos going? It'll be my last chance before going O/S.

Hopefully new turbo going on the S12 his week and Robby's leg finally out of cast so maybe an excel there as well. WHO IS DAVID???????

wasas
Post #1607

David is the new Jeff.

All-be-it a quieter version. I'm looking forward to meeting him and discussing some ideas.

Robby
Post #1608

keen for next session!

Mounfield Racing
Post #1609

QUOTE (wasas @ Oct 4 2010, 11:23 AM) *
David is the new Jeff.

All-be-it a quieter version. I'm looking forward to meeting him and discussing some ideas.

Hope your right, but given the lack of discussion on excels in this forum, and the fact there is little communication at all about excels i am convinced David is a card board cut out. Still have not had a response as to why its beneficial to enter sprints through Track Attack site as opposed to direct through QR. Its not a trick question.

Also parting out a few unwanted parts. Twin Cam X3 needs radiator support (supplied with car) front guards, bonnet, windscreen and fuel pump, comes with Prowler body kit $300. Single cam X3 needs r/h door glass and head gasket has damaged rear hatch and dent in l/h door, minus front hubs $200. Single cam X3 needs rear 1/4 glasses, rear hatch all stripped ready to cage $200. Come tow them away!!!!

GT_88
Post #1610

Excel QRDC - Racing Just got Serious !
The 2011 Excelcup may include rounds of the QRDC.......

Went out yesterday to lakeside for the round of QRDC meeting.
Included Saloons,Sedans,IP,etc....and jam tins.
Wouldn't it be great if we can be included in these events for promoting the class.
Hope we can sort out and finalise regs(suspension)etc...for next year.
Anymore news on suspension etc....for next year?

Why dont we call for a meeting with interested parties etc...?
Just a thought!

GT

PRO050
Post #1611

Lakeside Top Gear 14th Nov is the next hit out for the excel racers, last chance this year to go racing in the excels. Sure to be a huge meet seeing It's the last one for the year.

PRO050
Post #1612

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Oct 4 2010, 03:24 PM) *
Excel QRDC - Racing Just got Serious !
The 2011 Excelcup may include rounds of the QRDC.......

Went out yesterday to lakeside for the round of QRDC meeting.
Included Saloons,Sedans,IP,etc....and jam tins.
Wouldn't it be great if we can be included in these events for promoting the class.
Hope we can sort out and finalise regs(suspension)etc...for next year.
Anymore news on suspension etc....for next year?

Why dont we call for a meeting with interested parties etc...?
Just a thought!

GT

Great idea on the meeting.
How good was the QRDC meet over the weekend, should have had my falcon there.

Mounfield Racing
Post #1613

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Oct 4 2010, 03:31 PM) *
Great idea on the meeting.
How good was the QRDC meet over the weekend, should have had my falcon there.

In regard to promoting the Class as many know, we had an Excel at Auto Salon and this weekend it will be at Convention Centre for Capricorn Building Society.

GT_88
Post #1614

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Oct 4 2010, 05:28 PM) *
In regard to promoting the Class as many know, we had an Excel at Auto Salon and this weekend it will be at Convention Centre for Capricorn Building Society.

Good stuff RalF!!

keep it up......

Mounfield Racing
Post #1615

heres some excel promo love :hsdance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik_nB9oX7R0

wasas
Post #1616

haha

Epic troll is epic.

funnykungfuman
Post #1617

Hey,
I want to enter the sprints on 17th of Oct but haven't been able to get in contact with David on [email protected]. Does anyone have any alternative way to get in contact?

If I can't get in contact in the next couple of days, plan b was to enter via queensland raceway, catch up with everyone and take it from there for next time... Sound resonable?

Geoff

scooby36
Post #1618

haha classic vid ! lol.

yea im also waiting for dave to reply to my email at that address..

wasas
Post #1619

hey Geoff. you can enter directly off the track attack website, you should get a email with the correct forms attached that you need to fax back.

He'll get back to you, its been a bit busy by the looks of it.
EDIT
Hope Dave doesnt mind...

Business Name:
Track Attack Australia
Email:
[email protected]

Business Contact Information

Customer Service Email: [email protected]
Customer Service Phone: +61 409871726

Mounfield Racing
Post #1620

QUOTE (scooby36 @ Oct 5 2010, 08:57 PM) *
haha classic vid ! lol.

yea im also waiting for dave to reply to my email at that address..

Keep saying David is a cardboard cut out lol. Just enter through QR Track Attack points scoring system does not offer 10 days in the Greek Islands if you end up being the highest point scorer at years end.

funnykungfuman
Post #1621

perfect - cheers wasas

i'd take bragging rights from winning a fair comp in my first year racing over a greek holiday anyday :hsdance:

wasas
Post #1622

QUOTE (funnykungfuman @ Oct 5 2010, 10:27 PM) *
perfect - cheers wasas

i'd take bragging rights from winning a fair comp in my first year racing over a greek holiday anyday :)

Good luck with that ;) you'll find the pace is pretty up there, and some of the big guns are showing their experience by cutting 67 after 67.

Mounfield Racing
Post #1623

QUOTE (wasas @ Oct 6 2010, 08:16 AM) *
Good luck with that :) you'll find the pace is pretty up there, and some of the big guns are showing their experience by cutting 67 after 67.

Let them dream lol. A Greek holiday would be easier to win..

PRO050
Post #1624

If it was easy everyone would be doing it

Mounfield Racing
Post #1625

Can anyone tell me what happened to Track Attack. I had a fear it was on the decline now after weeks of no information I am convinced its dead in the water.

PRO050
Post #1626

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Oct 26 2010, 05:38 PM) *
Can anyone tell me what happened to Track Attack. I had a fear it was on the decline now after weeks of no information I am convinced its dead in the water.

Track Attack is alive and well, web site is up to date Dave was there last weekend and is working his way through a steep learning curve.
Top Gear Lakeside 14th November will be the last hit out this year for the guys and girls that want to have a race.
If anyone needs help to get their car on the grid just send me a PM.

GT_88
Post #1627

Hi Ralph,

Sent you a PM.

Anyone,

Whats happening with suspension components/regs for next year????

Mounfield Racing
Post #1628

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Oct 27 2010, 04:56 PM) *
Hi Ralph,

Sent you a PM.

Anyone,

Have no idea mate what's happening but above post from Paul today was a little reassuring. Have been playing with one of our cars and think we have stumbled on how to make them run rich like the other top runners "with stock inlets" so we will see. As for suspension I would be hesitant to buy any components at this time as rumor has it someone has been trying to do a deal with Pedders or fulcrum as a sole supplier but that may or may not be factual. If that happens, I would likely go coil overs and and major modifications on our cars and run sprints only.

PRO050
Post #1629

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Oct 27 2010, 04:56 PM) *
Hi Ralph,

Sent you a PM.

Anyone,

Suspension will stay as is, not sure how the strut tops are coming along.
I think the best thing would be organise a get together maybe on the last sprint meet of the year.

GT_88
Post #1630

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Oct 27 2010, 09:24 PM) *
Suspension will stay as is, not sure how the strut tops are coming along.
I think the best thing would be organise a get together maybe on the last sprint meet of the year.

Thanks Ralph for thr feedback.
All i can say is i hope they finalize the regs out before next year!
They way its looking at the moment is having a lot of cars doing sprints and stuff all doing racing.
How about a meeting on the 14th (topgear)after the racing for all interested parties for 2011 circuit racing????

Thanks,

GT

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 46 of 53
Jump to page
150 User(s) are reading this topic (150 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x