Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 45 of 53
Jump to page
nodrog
Post #1561

QUOTE (Evaded Motorsport @ Sep 21 2010, 04:35 PM) *
If you are the lovely person who wrote the 600 pages of the AKA rules regarding classes and licenses then I suggest that you be permabanned from writing anymore. :P a

NO!!!!! Not me. Gave up karting because of the AKA rules and the politics around them!!! Did the rules for a number of kart series in NZ!!!

Phew, dodged that one!!!!

Turbo Tim
Post #1562

I haven't held a kart licence for nearly 3 years and was also ready to jump on that bashing :P

PRO050
Post #1563

QUOTE (wasas @ Sep 21 2010, 03:20 PM) *
I'll be happy to take your prize money Paul :P And yeah we are doing the paper work now.

Even make the prize a new set of strut tops :P

Great to hear that you guys will be there, are you going to do the big weekend?

PRO050
Post #1564

QUOTE (Turbo Tim @ Sep 21 2010, 05:07 PM) *
I haven't held a kart licence for nearly 3 years and was also ready to jump on that bashing :P

Ex clubman heavy here :P

wasas
Post #1565

Right. We're in :P
Honestly I can't wait! Should be a great weekend!

nodrog
Post #1566

:P I'll have to be a spectator this time!!!! Bugger.

Evaded Motorsport
Post #1567

QUOTE (nodrog @ Sep 21 2010, 04:43 PM) *
NO!!!!! Not me. Gave up karting because of the AKA rules and the politics around them!!! Did the rules for a number of kart series in NZ!!!

Phew, dodged that one!!!!

yes you did :P

Even some of the karting businesses struggle with the AKA book.

Marlin
Post #1568

Shame being Korean will keep you all out of the Jap nats on Sunday at Lakeside.........

Robby
Post #1569

When is the next event?

Call me slack :P but have been in plaster for 9 weeks keeping me outta a race car.

As most know I and Ralph (mounfield Racings son) Very keen to get out into the actual circuit format once it gets going and keen to help if any is needed...

I'll be usually campaigning the Federal / MR Excel.

PRO050
Post #1570

QUOTE (Robby @ Sep 22 2010, 03:07 PM) *
When is the next event?

Call me slack :) but have been in plaster for 9 weeks keeping me outta a race car.

As most know I and Ralph (mounfield Racings son) Very keen to get out into the actual circuit format once it gets going and keen to help if any is needed...

I'll be usually campaigning the Federal / MR Excel.

Lakeside 14 Nov will be the next hit out for the excels hope to have a good group of cars running at that top gear meet.

PRO050
Post #1571

QUOTE (Marlin @ Sep 22 2010, 02:47 PM) *
Shame being Korean will keep you all out of the Jap nats on Sunday at Lakeside.........

Ben we don't want the Excel's to show up all those turbo cars, you know the ones I mean :)

Marlin
Post #1572

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Sep 22 2010, 08:51 PM) *
Ben we don't want the Excel's to show up all those turbo cars, you know the ones I mean :)

lol, I can relax because i know you don't mean mine!
Seriously though, Sunday will be worth coming if you can, even just to see Berry run the 32GTR around there, it's hyper quick. We prepped her up last saturday, good old test n tune around the back blocks, she's good to go! :(

PRO050
Post #1573

QUOTE (Marlin @ Sep 23 2010, 08:32 AM) *
lol, I can relax because i know you don't mean mine!
Seriously though, Sunday will be worth coming if you can, even just to see Berry run the 32GTR around there, it's hyper quick. We prepped her up last saturday, good old test n tune around the back blocks, she's good to go! :)

I would be out there if QR wasn't on, going to be some super fast cars there for sure, and plenty of guys that thought they were quick until the Lakeside factor.
Hows your jigger going? Thought you must have retired.

Black Knight
Post #1574

haha thats awesome, I can see alot of cheap fun to be had here

Marlin
Post #1575

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Sep 23 2010, 08:42 AM) *
I would be out there if QR wasn't on, going to be some super fast cars there for sure, and plenty of guys that thought they were quick until the Lakeside factor.
Hows your jigger going? Thought you must have retired.

Nah, just been lax in collating the parts for the engine :)
Hoping to be all good for the couple of events coming up @ Morgan Park.

Robby
Post #1576

LOOKING FOR SOME 56'S AGAIN SUNDAY IN THE S14!

Mounfield Racing
Post #1577

QUOTE (Robby @ Sep 24 2010, 11:03 AM) *
LOOKING FOR SOME 56'S AGAIN SUNDAY IN THE S14!

LOOKING FOR 56s. Well i am not 56 till next year Robby will being 55 get me a drive ???

wasas
Post #1578

Just found out that QR Circuit has been cancelled this weekend :)

Mounfield Racing
Post #1579

QUOTE (wasas @ Sep 24 2010, 01:51 PM) *

Really hope its rescheduled to a time I can enter.

PRO050
Post #1580

QUOTE (wasas @ Sep 24 2010, 01:51 PM) *

Just the Sunday, still going to the Saturday practice and the arvo sprint.

maxrs
Post #1581

Not enough Indians too run Two events in the s/e?

NISMOgemini
Post #1582

series looks like its going well :argue:
dont think ill see any off it for a little while like i hoped. got back from over seas a few weeks ago broke as hell:(
s
not sure if it been mentioned, but how did old mate who was in the acco at lake side with the fault seat go? good recovery??

JeT
Post #1583

Do you guys run the bus stop or is that just for us bikers?

Marlin
Post #1584

at lakeside? no they don't.

Upon re-opening they began using the bus stop but it broke up very quickly. Reverted to full track which is great, as I reckon fast under the brindge is the best part of the track :argue:

PRO050
Post #1585

What a great day out at QR on the Saturday had some rain in the morning and cleared up nicely. Brett and myself ran around 285km for the day nose to tail swapping positions every lap, just pipped Brett on the full track 134.14 and Brett got his back on the clubman with a 68.52 to my 68.61.
Peter,Tim and Dave also ran very strong in the arvo sprints.
Next Top Gear will be at Lakeside so get those cars ready.

wasas
Post #1586

Sorry we missed it, found out circuit was cancelled on friday and figured it was the whole weekend. at that point i left for a 3 day festival and didn't get back till last night when I read the sprints were still on.

:S Next time.... When I'm not in the Philippines, I'll come race. Assume next circuit is 16th of Nov??

Got any dates for the new year? It'll have to be something in there for us.

nodrog
Post #1587

Does anyone know if the Excel hydraulic lifters from a single cam are the same as those for a twin cam????

Mounfield Racing
Post #1588

QUOTE (nodrog @ Oct 1 2010, 07:37 AM) *
Does anyone know if the Excel hydraulic lifters from a single cam are the same as those for a twin cam????

No idea sorry.

nodrog
Post #1589

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Oct 1 2010, 07:48 AM) *
No idea sorry.

C'mon Ralph, I expected a better answer than that from you!!!!! :thumbsup: :)

PRO050
Post #1590

QUOTE (nodrog @ Oct 1 2010, 07:37 AM) *

Never had one apart, but if I had to guess I would say no.

nodrog
Post #1591

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Oct 1 2010, 10:17 AM) *
Never had one apart, but if I had to guess I would say no.

I guess I'll have to find out the hard way and take the single cam motor aparts to measure!!!!!

Robby
Post #1592

i have done a set of lifters in a single cam... easy as. just haven't had a twin cam apart to compare sorry

nodrog
Post #1593

I have taken both the cam out and have been cleaning the HLs but found one not springing back (which is probably the reason for the engine noise!!!) and have a spare songle cam motor for spare. I had a look on the StupidCheap website and could only find lifters listed for the single cam..... I guess I'll take it apart and see how I go.

NISMOgemini
Post #1594

QUOTE (NISMOgemini @ Sep 27 2010, 01:11 PM) *
not sure if it been mentioned, but how did old mate who was in the acco at lake side with the fault seat go? good recovery??

PRO050
Post #1595

Nick was in a neck brace for a couple of months I think, OK now hope to see him back next year.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 45 of 53
Jump to page
106 User(s) are reading this topic (106 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x