Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 42 of 53
Jump to page
trackattack
Post #1436

- bolt in intrusion bars might be OK - will look further into this, my datsun is currently road reg and blue plated with removable intrusion bars.
- battery relocation may be permitted, I am waiting on QR to come back to me with more info
- you would need to talk to who built the cage about them signing it off
- log books will most likely be AASA as its their insurance and licensing that we use, you get them directly from them ($30 from memory)

wasas
Post #1437

what about getting the car CAMS booked? and what events were you thinking of running under cams for? assume morgan park?
would that mean full cams licences as well as aasa??

Anyway my main concern was the ability to make the car competitive and safe while still being able to take it on the road, and if we got pulled up to have it legal. we are currently plated for the seats, cage and another code (change of seating) so we *should* be able to make the proposed changes and not need another plate..... I just wanted you to keep this in mind as its also a cost reduction issue for us (no trailer/tow car)

trackattack
Post #1438

Nothing definite for CAMS events yet.
If you want to do CAMs circuit racing you will need a cams log book and cams circuit license.
The easiest way to go with cams is probably to comply with the rules for Improved Production.

X3man
Post #1439

You guys seem to be continually pushing for 2 seperate classes.
I've said it before...stock (rules as they are) and mod (spend away people).

X3man
Post #1440

Re above, is regarding the proposed suspension changes.
Or you could do as i do (as i'm not lucky enough to have a one make series in my state) and enter supersprints with everyone else in the generic classes. Where you spend as much or as little as you like. No one complains when you fit coilovers or move your battery and you get a real kick out of beating a 96' M3 BMW. My excel does owe me around $7k which is up there for an excel, but it has beat some much much more expensive cars. Like our last meeting at Wakefield Park
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?26/06/2010.WAKE.S1
96' M3, Lotus Exige, VR4 Turbo, 04' Supercharged Cooper S, S14 200sx Turbo, MX5...to name a couple of more expensive opposition we beat. So what am i saying, if you don't like the rules there are other options than to complain...

wasas
Post #1441

Whos planning to do circuit racing with the excels on the 18th at lakeside? anyone!!?

slow bus
Post #1442

Anyone keen to get into the series but my car $1700, bargin price have spent over $2500 and never been raced.

Big_Red_
Post #1443

QUOTE (wasas @ Jul 8 2010, 01:01 PM) *
Whos planning to do circuit racing with the excels on the 18th at lakeside? anyone!!?

Things are starting to roll along with our car now. If all goes to plan we will do the back-2-back July/August sprints. Pending times we will then look to move up.

benno.h
Post #1444

QUOTE (Big_Red_ @ Jul 8 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Things are starting to roll along with our car now. If all goes to plan we will do the back-2-back July/August sprints. Pending times we will then look to move up.

Bugger the times, just do it.

You should have seen us at our first circuit meet.

Big_Red_
Post #1445

More about getting to know the track / car. Only driven Lakeside once so the last thing I want to do is take out myself/anyone else by jumping in too early.

wasas
Post #1446

we drove QR without ever racing there before. Hell, I was the first car out for the handicap race on the international circuit without ever racing the track/circuit before.... its all in your head. if you can drive on the road without running into someone, you should be able to do it on a circuit.

wasas
Post #1447

Bumpty Bump!

So, whos coming this sunday??? :) I'm there...

PRO050
Post #1448

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Jul 4 2010, 07:46 PM) *
Hi All,

I hope these things get sorted before we get to the suspension stage of our cars.

Does anyone know of a Steel Supplier on the Northside who will supply us with some
Roll cage tubing?(building to CAMS specs)

Thanks,

GT

Extreme Motorsport's on the northside, carries what you need to meet cams spec.
Cheers Paul

Robby
Post #1449

whats on this sunday

Marlin
Post #1450

If you bring your S14 out, I'll DEFINATELY take my 32.

It's kinda like a "Top Gear" race meet I hear.

Mounfield Racing
Post #1451

QUOTE (Marlin @ Jul 12 2010, 04:33 PM) *
If you bring your S14 out, I'll DEFINATELY take my 32.

It's kinda like a "Top Gear" race meet I hear.

Back from Thailand now so after Rocky Street Sprints next week end I'd be keen to have the s14, s12 and a cpl excels out on track for a laugh.

trackattack
Post #1452

Lakeside sprints are on again next sunday the 25th July.

cheers Track Attack

benno.h
Post #1453

Well, Pork Hunt were there today, where the F where you guys?

Stevo ran a 67.7 today - we're now getting competitive, so look out.

Cmon guys, what is stopping you fronting up for circuit racing? I know there must be heaps of cars out there now that would comply with the technical regs for circuit racing, so what's stopping you?

And if you haven't even made it to the sprints yet, sack up and do it. Stop pissfarting about waiting for the last element to fall into place and get out there and put down some times, the rest will follow.

Mounfield Racing
Post #1454

QUOTE (benno.h @ Jul 18 2010, 07:40 PM) *

Cmon guys, what is stopping you fronting up for circuit racing? I know there must be heaps of cars out there now that would comply with the technical regs for circuit racing, so what's stopping you?

And if you haven't even made it to the sprints yet, sack up and do it. Stop pissfarting about waiting for the last element to fall into place and get out there and put down some times, the rest will follow.

LOL Agree with your comments. But some of us actually enter events outside a 1 hr radius of home. We are committed to motor sport and also run most of the street sprints, drifts etc etc etc all over the country not just QR and Lakeside. Next weekend also clashes with Rockhampton Street Sprint Also just spent 2 weeks in ASIA part of which was researching Hyundai bits but where possible we will hit the local scene.

xfben
Post #1455

Only new to the forums went to Lakeside for a look on Sunday is there anywhere around that has results & pics of these events

GT_88
Post #1456

HI, NATSOFT race results has the timing done at Lakeside but no video.

GT_88
Post #1457

Hi Benno,
Since you were the only one who did the circuit racing on Sunday,could it be possible for us to have a look at your car?
Just about to start Cage etc.....
Do you live in brizzy or sunshine coast?
It was a shame you were the only car out there on Sunday.
How many cars could we field for circuit racing at this stage?

Thanks

Mounfield Racing
Post #1458

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Jul 19 2010, 07:34 PM) *
Hi Benno,
Since you were the only one who did the circuit racing on Sunday,could it be possible for us to have a look at your car?

Thanks

We have 2 cars built specifically to the original spec ATM and another on the way for sprints only but refuse to run the circuit events until there is clarity on specification for the Race Series Excels. Plus there are so many meetings ATM its impossible to attend them all.

wasas
Post #1459

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Jul 19 2010, 07:34 PM) *
Hi Benno,

Thanks

Hi GT

I was racing on the weekend, and I've pm'd you before about the things you need for circuit... maybe look it up :P
If you going to make it your self (i wouldn't) follow a design by cams, they have a online manual and the specs of what you need material wise.
personally I'd ask Paul (PRO050 boost name) on here to build it, for the $600 you'll get something safe and properly made with correct size tubing and backing plates etc. well worth it.

we live in brisbane, just on the north side but there will be a number of excels out next weekend at lakeside for the sprints, so you could look at 10 or more cars that are ready-to-race spec.

There was a meeting on saturday to finalize a few things about the series and the direction for next year and how to manage the class, but of the people there 8 cars are ready to go... as we were saying people jsut need to bite the bullet and come have a go... hell even being the only excel there I was by no means the slowest car! and its a different type of pressure you need to get used to, you need to be aware, know what other drivers are going to do and know what you need to do to be predictable for them as well... that only comes with practice on the track.

Basically Im trying to say get some track time under your belt, the rest follows.

@mountfield: the 'cup' isnt running yet so all you need is a car that complies with QR's top gear spec, which your current car would. if your serious about racing and promoting the excels you'd do what we did this weekend... run the car for the enjoyment of racing, answer the 5000 questions that everyone else who has an excel shell sitting in the backyard asks, and do it with a smile. Hell I basically had a pit crew for the whole day (thanks guys!!)

The 'rules' wont change much and from now on its more of a safety point of view. we have established the basics (no engine mods, limited suspension, tyre size and treadwear), I dont see to much of a issue unless you want to abuse the rules for the edge, and not just come out to have fun...

wasas
Post #1460

Also,

RACE RESULTS ARE HERE
Pics are usually here: https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showforum=10

PRO050
Post #1461

Sep 26 is the next race meeting at QR, my excel will be at that meet for sure.
Who else wants to go on a pig hunt :P

PRO050
Post #1462

Steve nice work on the 67, the tyres workrd out OK then.

wasas
Post #1463

yeah mate rubber was nice, need a few deg more camber tho, still not using the whole tire on the road, but they are alot better! was getting used to the new sway and its a little more twitchy but you can hang the back out nicely now :P

I cant wait for QR!!! will be a epic day! but I think ben or rhys will race that one. I might come do the sprints this weekend tho... see how it pans out

Evaded Motorsport
Post #1464

Was a good day, I was out assisting with Nev McKay's Mallock, he ended up running a 56.5 although had a little bit of a rough day with regards to body work :P

Hopefully we will be making it out there shortly (I hate moving)

benno.h
Post #1465

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Jul 19 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Who else wants to go on a pig hunt :P

You're on mate :dunno:

Ralph - any car that complies with QR's requirements for Topgear racing is eligible for the current Excel circuit racing series.

I'm not sure what more clarification you need.

We need to get cars out there, on the grid to help establish the series. Sitting on the sidelines, whinging about rules isn't going to help anyone. And if you have actually run a car a few times you'll have a bit more credibility when talking about rules.

Mounfield Racing
Post #1466

QUOTE (benno.h @ Jul 20 2010, 06:53 AM) *
You're on mate :P

Ralph - any car that complies with QR's requirements for Topgear racing is eligible for the current Excel circuit racing series.

I'm not sure what more clarification you need.

We need to get cars out there, on the grid to help establish the series. Sitting on the sidelines, whinging about rules isn't going to help anyone. And if you have actually run a car a few times you'll have a bit more credibility when talking about rules.

We are by no means sitting on the side lines whinging about rules. As you are aware we built our cars to comply to the proposed excel series spec and have been ridiculed for having done so. Our springs for example were developed in line with the rules yet got bad feed back simply because we went out side Briisbane to have it done. This was seen by some as being an unfair advantage. CRAP. The other point I wish to make is we actively run an S12 an S14 a 180 and 2 excels in drift, street sprints and hill climb so we cannot be every where and therefore miss a lot of Lakeside and QR meetings. Personally, I favor running a variety of tracks in preference to doing 700 laps at QR to the point where you know every dip and bump and the only reason you pull constant times is because you have done it so many times the car could actually do it with or without a driver.

PRO050
Post #1467

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Jul 20 2010, 07:42 AM) *
We are by no means sitting on the side lines whinging about rules. As you are aware we built our cars to comply to the proposed excel series spec and have been ridiculed for having done so. Our springs for example were developed in line with the rules yet got bad feed back simply because we went out side Briisbane to have it done. This was seen by some as being an unfair advantage. CRAP. The other point I wish to make is we actively run an S12 an S14 a 180 and 2 excels in drift, street sprints and hill climb so we cannot be every where and therefore miss a lot of Lakeside and QR meetings. Personally, I favor running a variety of tracks in preference to doing 700 laps at QR to the point where you know every dip and bump and the only reason you pull constant times is because you have done it so many times the car could actually do it with or without a driver.

Hope to see the Mounfield team at QR for the next top gear, would be great to get a large field of well presented cars for the first race.
It will not be a crash and bash, driving standards will be watched closely.
Cheers Paul

Robby
Post #1468

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Jul 20 2010, 07:56 AM) *
Hope to see the Mounfield team at QR for the next top gear, would be great to get a large field of well presented cars for the first race.
It will not be a crash and bash, driving standards will be watched closely.
Cheers Paul

Crash and bash isn't an option...

I am yet to have a stick in the s14 since its had its latest mods and some testing has been done. The S14 is Joint ownership with Myself and Option 1 Garage... It Went 57.22 at QR on thursday... and as for presentation we regard it as something a few pegs above most!

Haha scratching it is definately not a plan!

I think i'll have an excel out this weeeknd....

- Robby

Mounfield Racing
Post #1469

Paul - for well presented cars simply visit a Time Attack event at QR - you'll find us there!

HANN S
Post #1470

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Jul 19 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Who else wants to go on a pig hunt :mamoru:

i will join you for a pig hunt,wont be hard,put me down for it.we are on .

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 42 of 53
Jump to page
66 User(s) are reading this topic (66 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x