Nt Drift  

Page 14 of 58
Jump to page
OnARampage
Post #456

gday. My names Floyd. i'm new to these forums and am glad too find so much knowledge.

I'm keen to get drifting but Seems theres alot of animinosity (spell?) asif we were allin grade7 and we all had our own little groups complaining too the teacher. No wander wars get started etc when the small minority off drifters in darwin cant even unite with something everyone can agree on.

Anyway im 18, just got my license and have been loving taking dads new ranger for spins in the dirt. Mainly the corner too holmes jungle from the dump, around the quarry and the big dirt track near cas beach.
Is there any where else except the track where we can practise drfiting?

Edit: I'm also looking for a mechanical apprenticeship in high performance cars so if anyone has any recommendations on where too apply that would be awesome.

incubus
Post #457

yep...

the race track

XDrft
Post #458

Fair observation mate, sounds like your on track, TEDA would love to have your input in the future and we would value that. If you have been reading this thread you would see there has been a lot of missunderstanding and that will be resolved, you would also see there is a lot of passion for drifting out there. You would also be aware that we will be having an AGM in febuary, to vote you must be a member, so keep yourself in the loop, check this thread mid to late jan for updates on the AGM, i urge you and anyone who reads this to become a part of this, we have a great facillity and a great amount of access to it, bang for your buck best in Australia without a doubt!

and one last thing you dont have to drift to be a part, we are looking for people who can judge, who can do promotions, admin, marshalling etc, there is lots of oppourtunity out there and you dont need a drift car to find it :P

mitch_r32
Post #459

Yep, to avoid undue attention from the 'bouncers', any and all drifting takes part at Hidden Valley :P

What car are you planning to use anyway? because a ranger spinning up dirt is a world away from proper drifting......

OnARampage
Post #460

Awesome:D I'm hoping too get a r32 gtst in the very near future. I'm just taking the ranger out for abit off fun and too stay off the streets. i can imagine its not even close too the real thing, i can't wait too learn how too do it properly. I'm looking forward too getting involved when the season comes up hopefully i will have something too slide around and learn in but if not im more then happy too help out in any way.

I would take it too the track every day if i could, but once i'm finished work i just cant help myself!!

mitch_r32
Post #461

Well it would be great to see another person on the track, especially another R32 :P

Zmit
Post #462

QUOTE(OnARampage @ Jan 6 2009, 03:18 PM) [snapback]1283387649[/snapback]

gday. My names Floyd. i'm new to these forums and am glad too find so much knowledge.

I'm keen to get drifting but Seems theres alot of animinosity (spell?) asif we were allin grade7 and we all had our own little groups complaining too the teacher. No wander wars get started etc when the small minority off drifters in darwin cant even unite with something everyone can agree on.

Anyway im 18, just got my license and have been loving taking dads new ranger for spins in the dirt. Mainly the corner too holmes jungle from the dump, around the quarry and the big dirt track near cas beach.
Is there any where else except the track where we can practise drfiting?

Edit: I'm also looking for a mechanical apprenticeship in high performance cars so if anyone has any recommendations on where too apply that would be awesome.

Gday Floyd, welcome to the forums, welcome to the car community, and congrats on getting your license....

I would say that the stuff in the ranger probably isnt the wisest thing to do.... and definitely not the wisest thing to say on the forums. however, its great that you've got a keen interest in getting down to the track.

as these guys have said, there are plenty of opportunities for motorsport up here, and once the motorsport calendar kicks off properly, you will end up with 3-4 events per month from motorkhanas (great for working out the handling and behaviour of the car), circuit racing (great for gaining an overall understanding of the car) and the drags (great for understanding how to get the most out of your car in quick gear changes, reactions, and getting off the line.)

most of the guys here are really really helpful, and will definitely give you some good advice (that doesn't mean take EVERYTHING they say though)
the rest is pretty straight forward, so with a bit of respect, a bit of thinking before you post and you'll fit right in and will be able to get a lot out of the huge amount of knowledge there is here :P

JET_RB25
Post #463

well said timmy. Welcome Floyd, Look forward to meeting you in person and seeing another r32 at the track. Shall be four in total.

ScUd'EsS
Post #464

QUOTE(Zmit @ Jan 6 2009, 09:29 PM) [snapback]1283390224[/snapback]

Gday Floyd, welcome to the forums, welcome to the car community, and congrats on getting your license....

I would say that the stuff in the ranger probably isnt the wisest thing to do.... and definitely not the wisest thing to say on the forums. however, its great that you've got a keen interest in getting down to the track.

as these guys have said, there are plenty of opportunities for motorsport up here, and once the motorsport calendar kicks off properly, you will end up with 3-4 events per month from motorkhanas (great for working out the handling and behaviour of the car), circuit racing (great for gaining an overall understanding of the car) and the drags (great for understanding how to get the most out of your car in quick gear changes, reactions, and getting off the line.)

most of the guys here are really really helpful, and will definitely give you some good advice (that doesn't mean take EVERYTHING they say though)
the rest is pretty straight forward, so with a bit of respect, a bit of thinking before you post and you'll fit right in and will be able to get a lot out of the huge amount of knowledge there is here :P

**cough and Girls!!** :P

Welcome Floyd,
Im Mel - PR and gate bitch for the Drag Club (HVDRA) (but i wont gate crash the Drift thread with too much of that info!!) but i would suggest if you would like more info on any motorsports head to http://www.motorsportsnt.com.au/ - the 2009 racing calendar isnt up yet because we are having a few issues with setting some dates but shouldn't be too far off from publicly putting it up! And from that website it has links to all our individual websites!

I also help with Powercruise which will be coming to Hidden Valley May 9 and 10. Check out their website http://www.powercruise.com/?site=darwin it is an awesome weekend of fun!

2009 is set to be a big year for all clubs at Hidden Valley so you'll have heaps of opportunities to 'play' with any car!

:(

Zmit
Post #465

pfft. yeah ok. i guess the girls can be nice sometimes too :P

ScUd'EsS
Post #466

QUOTE(Zmit @ Jan 7 2009, 10:36 AM) [snapback]1283391846[/snapback]

pfft. yeah ok. i guess Mel can be nice all the time too :(

fixed!! :P

Zmit
Post #467

sorry your highness..... :noes:

ScUd'EsS
Post #468

QUOTE(Zmit @ Jan 7 2009, 11:19 AM) [snapback]1283392065[/snapback]

sorry your highness..... :noes:

thats better!! :P

Territory Laser Cutting
Post #469

PUBLIC NOTICE:

Top End Drift Association is having a private practice on the 25th of this month, at Hidden Valley Raceway

TEDA invites all members, NEW & OLD to participate, just fill in a membership application form if you have not done so already. (Danny Probert can organise this for you - 0414 640 686).

Details:

25th Januaray.

8:30am - 12:30pm

You are required to have a CURRENT cams L2NS licence (application forms - www.cams.com.au).

And a Current namsc membership. (application forms - www.namsc.org.au)

There is no provision for handing in your application forms on the day.
Gail Kroonstuiver is the person who receives payments of your NAMSC and CAMS applications.
Contact Details: 0418 895 190 , [email protected] (please put them in asap).

Cost: $20.00 per driver. (bring this with you).

*Important Note: Geoff Cowie, NAMSC Vice President, will be the officiating delegate for the day, and will check that everyones CAMS licence, and NAMSC membership is current. You MUST bring them with you as he will not hesitate in asking you to go home and get them. This is just a legality we HAVE to follow.

Make sure your pitcrew and friends have closed in shoes. And ALL standard Rules and Regulations apply.

There will be a brief drivers meeting before we commence just so everyone is on the same level, as it can get a bit hectic without a few guidlines to follow.

I hope I have covered most of everthing needed to know, please dont hesitate to call Jeff, Steve, Danny or me - 0405 196 864, if you require finer details.

REMEMBER this is only a practice, so take it easy, on yourself and your car, as we have another meeting on the 22nd Febuary, and would like everyone to be able to attend.

PS: CALL OUT FOR FLAGGIES!!! we require at least 3 people to dedicate themselves to waving a flag for a few hours. I would hope that we can make it a bit more enjoyable with some cool drinks, and some snacks.
Please phone or PM me with your details, your efforts will go a long way in helping the club.

I will thank everyone in advace for their support, and look forward to drifting with you on the track.

Cheers,
Shane Davidson.

Zmit
Post #470

ill be there taking piccies again :P

this will be a great chance to take your car down.... (chances are, it will be wet as well)

JET_RB25
Post #471

people who are not full member it will cost them over 150 to race yeah?

HYPOV6
Post #472

oh btw its spelt Geoff not Jeff ... just letting you know... will be down for sure

XDrft
Post #473

NOTICE TEDA AGM, a provisional date of the 25th of Febuary 2009 has been mapped out for TEDAs first AGM. As stated before all commitee positions are open. To stand for election for the commitee you must be a TEDA member and have your nomination in at least 7 days prior to the AGM, it must be a written nomination signed by another TEDA member (no exceptions). To vote at the AGM you must have been a member for at least 10 days. For further information please contact us for a copy of the Constitution. As stated before there are regulations we have to adhere to and complience is essential.

John Palamountain from Shannons Insurance will be sitting as our Chairperson for his vast knowledge and experience and to start our association in the fairest way possible. I urge everyone interested to come along to our practice day and meet all involved and to be part of our exciting schedual this year.

These are exciting times and we have the full support of NAMSC, so step up to the plate and become part of NTs fastest growing motorsport!

XDrft
Post #474

QUOTE(Zmit @ Jan 13 2009, 09:49 PM) [snapback]1283421038[/snapback]

ill be there taking piccies again :(

this will be a great chance to take your car down.... (chances are, it will be wet as well)

Just to clarify this one, you need to be a NAMSC and TEDA to member and have a current CAMS licence to partipate on the 25th of JAN, as im am still on vacation i cant recall the exact moneys involved, dont quote me here but i think $98 is Namsc merbership for a year and TEDA is $44 per year. I recomend a 12 month Cams licence, mine expired in December 08 when I renew mine I will find out the cost of that also. This represents the cheapest participation costs into drifting in Australia, Queensland Raceway is $198 for a comp day + ASA licence. :P Awesome value!

I will post early next week the exact requirements and details. Alternativly you can contact Gail @ Jakes Steel and Welding 08 89475452 to sign on.

VLCT WALKY
Post #475

very exciting :P

QUOTE(XDrft @ Jan 14 2009, 08:59 AM) [snapback]1283421787[/snapback]

NOTICE TEDA AGM, a provisional date of the 25th of Febuary 2009 has been mapped out for TEDAs first AGM. As stated before all commitee positions are open. To stand for election for the commitee you must be a TEDA member and have your nomination in at least 7 days prior to the AGM, it must be a written nomination signed by another TEDA member (no exceptions). To vote at the AGM you must have been a member for at least 10 days. For further information please contact us for a copy of the Constitution. As stated before there are regulations we have to adhere to and complience is essential.

John Palamountain from Shannons Insurance will be sitting as our Chairperson for his vast knowledge and experience and to start our association in the fairest way possible. I urge everyone interested to come along to our practice day and meet all involved and to be part of our exciting schedual this year.

These are exciting times and we have the full support of NAMSC, so step up to the plate and become part of NTs fastest growing motorsport!

What's the location

incubus
Post #476

vote 1

incubus for the village idiot.

shane , i'll swing by and see you later this week

Zmit
Post #477

from the hidden valley information thread

general license info

NAMSC membership day $22 year $99
CAMS Level 2 license day $42 year $88 ($48 for drifting only)

year of drifting $191 in licenses
plus entry fees per race meet.
for lapsprints too its $231

guys, is it still $44 entry per race meet? - or is that reduced or something as a member?

would like to update the hidden valley info thread with the appropriate info for this year.

VLCT WALKY
Post #478

QUOTE(incubus @ Jan 14 2009, 08:18 PM) [snapback]1283425083[/snapback]

vote 1

incubus for the village idiot.
shane , i'll swing by and see you later this week

nar you should get a better position to that,

leave it alone Lars. Dont have anything constructive to say? Dont post.

mitch_r32
Post #479

Oh christ, can this all be let go of so the club can move fowards and drift days happen without all this days of our lives crap.

I had to endure this in Victoria :P

Shane, i'll come see you and put my hand up for waving a flag if nothing else. Its that or I drift for all of 20 mins on a pair of tires. Not sure if I will have enough rims with fresh tires :(

JET_RB25
Post #480

QUOTE(mitch_r32 @ Jan 14 2009, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1283426190[/snapback]

Oh christ, can this all be let go of so the club can move fowards and drift days happen without all this days of our lives crap.

I had to endure this in Victoria :P

Shane, i'll come see you and put my hand up for waving a flag if nothing else. Its that or I drift for all of 20 mins on a pair of tires. Not sure if I will have enough rims with fresh tires :(

Shut up mitch. I was asking a proper question that being you need the full member ship of either club to do this meet. That is around 200 i think Steve told me today and then the race cost for the day tyres on top there is no way i am going to make this meet. Maybe the feb one if i have found a bloody job by then.

I was not starting anything towards any club was just after info

VLCT WALKY
Post #481

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jan 14 2009, 09:53 PM) [snapback]1283425710[/snapback]

nar you should get a better position to that,

leave it alone Lars. Dont have anything constructive to say? Dont post.

who ever edited, that was postive

it was positive to chris :P

see positive fedback, so if u look at my post, and replying to chris (incubus) than that is quite positive isn't it!

ScUd'EsS
Post #482

QUOTE(JET_RB25 @ Jan 15 2009, 03:07 PM) [snapback]1283428584[/snapback]

Shut up mitch. I was asking a proper question that being you need the full member ship of either club to do this meet. That is around 200 i think Steve told me today and then the race cost for the day tyres on top there is no way i am going to make this meet. Maybe the feb one if i have found a bloody job by then.

take a chil pill beeej! pretty sure he was refering to lar's post!

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jan 15 2009, 05:03 PM) [snapback]1283429195[/snapback]

it was positive to chris :P

see positive fedback, so if u look at my post, and replying to chris (incubus) than that is quite positive isn't it!

:( lars! Ralli's not from here but he's not stupid! I even read your post as a 'oh ffs - here we go again!'

but the agm is confirmed and booked in now - so keep it quiet on here and go put your money where you mouth is at the agm...

On a positive note - best of luck to TEDA and the new committee (to be) from MY spectator view its getting better each season!
:P

BLWN5L
Post #483

QUOTE(JET_RB25 @ Jan 15 2009, 03:07 PM) [snapback]1283428584[/snapback]

centerlink racing perhaps?

RalliSki
Post #484

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jan 15 2009, 05:33 PM) [snapback]1283429195[/snapback]

it was positive to chris :(

I'm not an idiot hey.

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Jan 15 2009, 09:16 PM) [snapback]1283430414[/snapback]

:P lars! Ralli's not from here but he's not stupid! I even read your post as a 'oh ffs - here we go again!'

thank you :P

mitch_r32
Post #485

Yes BJ I was referring to Lars' post which I'm guessing you didn't see before it was edited at about 3am.

JET_RB25
Post #486

yeah well your lucky.... LOL

XDrft
Post #487

Ok, 8.00 at Motor Sports House, heres John Palamountains reply

"Danny,

25th is OK by me and so is 8.00pm although I am normally home from meetings at that time.

Mine start at 5.30pm and have a 7.00pm deadline so no time for bullshit.

See you at 8.00pm on the 25th.

I will book the big room at Motor Sports House.

Cheers

JP."

So that is 8.00 PM, 25 th of Feb 09, Big Room Motor Sports House, No Bullshit!

See you then!

incubus
Post #488

QUOTE(XDrft @ Jan 16 2009, 12:50 PM) [snapback]1283432711[/snapback]

Ok, 8.00 at Motor Sports House, heres John Palamountains reply

"Danny,

25th is OK by me and so is 8.00pm although I am normally home from meetings at that time.

Mine start at 5.30pm and have a 7.00pm deadline so no time for bullshit.

See you at 8.00pm on the 25th.

I will book the big room at Motor Sports House.

Cheers

JP."

So that is 8.00 PM, 25 th of Feb 09, Big Room Motor Sports House, No Bullshit!

See you then!

indeed you will.

are you back in town yet? i have to catch up with and give you some $$$

JET_RB25
Post #489

got back in last night and will be at work from Monday i believe. Drinks this arvo Danny?

VLCT WALKY
Post #490

QUOTE(RalliSki @ Jan 15 2009, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1283430767[/snapback]

I'm not an idiot hey.

actually how i wrote it is how i meant it

i really don't care what any of u people think!

it's my view and sorry that the sheep on here just bleet along,

can't wait for the agm, or NT news, either way it's going to be exciting!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 14 of 58
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
48 User(s) are reading this topic (48 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x