Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 19 of 64
Jump to page
1.5jz cressida
Post #631

its at c&m on goldy just finishing it off its booked in next wednesday morn pick it up on thurs fingerscrossed all goes well but yeh its looking good

IEATU
Post #632

QUOTE(1.5jz cressida @ Oct 28 2008, 09:02 PM) [snapback]1283066028[/snapback]

its at c&m on goldy just finishing it off its booked in next wednesday morn pick it up on thurs fingerscrossed all goes well but yeh its looking good

my car might be rebuilt and ready when yours is :( no damage inside of it, prob going to put 6 months rego back on it so we can go run them in together

1.5jz cressida
Post #633

reece thats sound so romantic, lol yeh mate its booked in on wednesday morn, were starting it n driving it wednesday il record it, im excited

1JZ.747
Post #634

daniel, if you took photos of the ports put them up dude.

just so you know also JE make pistons for 1j and 2j off the shelf, they dont custom make them, hks cams come in 256,264,272 and 280 deg duration for 1j and 2j's. they dont custom make cams.

who ever built this and was telling you custom this custom that is full of shit dude. that intake manifold is taiwan bult, i have the same one on my car, they can be bought of ebay with throttle body for $1000 AUD depending on the currency rate. if this guy says he was delayed from dropping pistons i dont hold too much faith in that motor lasting very long. if he cant hang on to a piston how can he possibly get important things like clearances correct.

to build a decent 2j bottom end

to prepare block for over size pistons and balancing components $1200 tops
pistons JE or CP $ 800 tops
Rods eagle $400, or carillos (top end) $2000
use the stanard crank
modify oil pump for more pressue and releave pressue on seal $120
new seals for pumps etc $250 tops
Head gasket $295
timing belt $190
tensior $150 tops
HKS cams $1500 tops
port job (depending on how serious the job) upto $1200
if you go new Ti retainers, valve springs and valves $2700
labour to assemble bottom end $2000 tops, to assemble head $1000

i can tell you the bottom end i just did with TITAN ulitmate race pistons, Pauter rods, balanced standard crank, ACL race bearings, all components balanced, Billet main caps, Line boring for Billet main caps ($1200 alone), modified oil pump, prepare block for os pistons $5300 in total. it was put together in less than 2 days and that was with my engine builder still doing other work at his workshop, it didnt cost me labour as that was done under sponsorship arrangement.

$20k would have got you a TITAN built 3.0 engine, and those guys have the results on the board to say they know how to build engines.

i hope this motor gets you a couple of years use mate, i really feel for you, i hate seeing self proclaimed experts screwing nice guys over. dont ever tell me who did the job mate, i dont want to know.

for any of you guys thinking of building an engine, do your research on what parts are good and what they cost, building a 1j or 2j isnt rocket science, any engine builder should tell you what components they are going to use, dont expect them to tell you their clearances, that sort of stuff they will keep to themselves. also ask them what they have achieved with that engine, its your hard earned money, spend it where they have the results on the board.

see you at jamboree 2009 Dan

all the best

Shane

1.5jz cressida
Post #635

hey shane long time no hear,

the cams are custom made they r bigger then 280 deg we have proof n receipts for the cams, pistons were upgraded from je to cp pistons they were made in the states no idea how over sized cos he dropped n broke sets like no tomorrow,

i have receipts for alot of the work done to the motor, not defending the guy i know he fucked me over but i know well hope this motor will last n make decent power, the car is getting tuned on wednesday so i'l email u shane to let u know how it went

1jz jzx90
Post #636

ive got a green cressida set up for drift havnt drifted in it yet waiting for my liscence to get bak its got step 2 cams,gas motorsport cam gears hks timing belt,t78running 20psi,3inch exaust with sidepipes,fuel reg,barry grant fuel filter lits of speedflow fiitings,front mount thats all i can think 0f for now but it made 425hp on the tune its got now

1JZ.747
Post #637

QUOTE(1.5jz cressida @ Nov 2 2008, 03:53 PM) [snapback]1283088156[/snapback]

hey shane long time no hear,

the cams are custom made they r bigger then 280 deg we have proof n receipts for the cams, pistons were upgraded from je to cp pistons they were made in the states no idea how over sized cos he dropped n broke sets like no tomorrow,

i have receipts for alot of the work done to the motor, not defending the guy i know he fucked me over but i know well hope this motor will last n make decent power, the car is getting tuned on wednesday so i'l email u shane to let u know how it went

dan if you are running the turbo in thepictures you posted, those cams are a waste of time.

most of the 1000hp through to 1300 rwhp supras are running 272's no adjustable cam gears. the boost logic and titan 7sec supras are runnging the 280 deg cams.

what i am trying yo get at here is, you would need an 88mm turbo atleast, if not a 91mm turbo to get the use out of cams with such high duration. by the look of it the turbo you have is a 67 to 71mm turbo, 272's would have been perfect match for that.

anywho, good luck, talk soon

shane

1.5jz cressida
Post #638

its all good shane, the turbo is the next upgrade, couldnt afford that lol

but yeh it will b good to c what she will put out,

miss2j has bigger then 280's aswell she only has a bigger turbo then me shane if u have 1 spare pm me,

1JZ.747
Post #639

QUOTE(1.5jz cressida @ Nov 3 2008, 10:52 AM) [snapback]1283091471[/snapback]

its all good shane, the turbo is the next upgrade, couldnt afford that lol
but yeh it will b good to c what she will put out,

miss2j has bigger then 280's aswell she only has a bigger turbo then me shane if u have 1 spare pm me,

she might have dude, and i know jodie shes from newcastle aswell. but her car isnt making 1300 wheel horsepower. she is running a 88mm turbo, im running a 74mm through an autop box and we are making same sort of power.

when you are ready for a turbo upgrade, i suggest you speak to kyle form 6boost about a manifold and a turbo, his manifolds are gold.

1.5jz cressida
Post #640

yeh spoke to her at auto salon he has down graded to i think 74-76mm, making same power, so yeh next thing will b turbo

but will c how she goes on thurs

bazr33
Post #641

[attachment=616061:attachment][attachment=616057:attachment]hey guys

finally got my 2jz in my mx73

6boost manifold fits nice and snug in its space with a t78 29d sitting on top.

will be removing the water pump thats on there with the hydrolic one soon
(farkin crank pulley bolt is tight as still after smacking the shit out of it with a hammer+breaker bar)

wiring will be next, thinkin of just puttin in the standard aristo ecu to get the car running then haltech later on.
look at getting the mv automatics shift box with quick shift.
Ma61 LSD - i kno it wont last long, but its better then the standard heap of shit. diff bolted straight in
suprising like half the stuff on this conversion.

will keep yas informed on progress.

Hope everything goes sweet like a nut Daniel. Be looking forward to the results!!

warney
Post #642

QUOTE(1.5jz cressida @ Nov 3 2008, 09:17 PM) [snapback]1283095608[/snapback]

yeh spoke to her at auto salon he has down graded to i think 74-76mm, making same power, so yeh next thing will b turbo

but will c how she goes on thurs

Na yours is broken........And wont be finshed :(

QUOTE(bazr33 @ Nov 3 2008, 10:05 PM) [snapback]1283095987[/snapback]

[attachment=616061:attachment][attachment=616057:attachment]hey guys

finally got my 2jz in my mx73

6boost manifold fits nice and snug in its space with a t78 29d sitting on top.

will be removing the water pump thats on there with the hydrolic one soon
(farkin crank pulley bolt is tight as still after smacking the shit out of it with a hammer+breaker bar)

wiring will be next, thinkin of just puttin in the standard aristo ecu to get the car running then haltech later on.
look at getting the mv automatics shift box with quick shift.
Ma61 LSD - i kno it wont last long, but its better then the standard heap of shit. diff bolted straight in
suprising like half the stuff on this conversion.

will keep yas informed on progress.

Hope everything goes sweet like a nut Daniel. Be looking forward to the results!!

Nice car......What numbers it get ?????

1.5jz cressida
Post #643

QUOTE(warney @ Nov 3 2008, 10:08 PM) [snapback]1283095988[/snapback]

Na yours is broken........And wont be finshed :(

lol yeh g thanks
that would b callum mini isnt that bad lol

barret love it mate where r those nice 18's

wheelzie1989
Post #644

With the MV auto shift box.....is this a full auto style upgrade? or is it manualised auto?

1.5jz cressida
Post #645

depends u can buy things seperate like the stall shift kit n manualising kit,

MFC05
Post #646

Awsome mate !

bazr33
Post #647

Do you mean as number plates? either be (cause no ones wants to buy them) ALO12 or just standard to keep it looking unoticeable/sleeperish.

With the MV auto shift box.....is this a full auto style upgrade? or is it manualised auto?

just wiring up the control box and puttin on quick shift. Auto will remain standard. Have heard a guy in a 31 that has the standard auto thats pushin 355rwkw. So i will see when mine breaks.

barret love it mate where r those nice 18's

haha unfortunately got rid of them, they did suit the car really well, but im intending to loose traction around the traps to see how it goes and didnt want to destroy the brand new tyres that were on them.
I will get another set down the track, can pick them up pretty cheap.

One thing im not looking forward to doing is sorting out all the hoses and whats what. I'll be doing alot of reading i think.

wheelzie1989
Post #648

only reason i ask is that my 2jz cressida cant change gears automatically...due to not having abs wheel sensors....would this solve my problem by installing this shift box?

1.5jz cressida
Post #649

car is on a delay

not happy

will update later

nvrl84ad8
Post #650

My Webpage thats mine. Ressprayed in quicksilver with black roof. took off side bumpers shaved boot debadged and no mudflaps. also have 19 inch apec apache's but they are wrong offset so now I cant put them on untill I roll and flare the gaurds.

tell me what you think.
Cheers :P

pig060
Post #651

looks good mate but once you fit the wheels it will look a hell of alot better. whats under the hood? 7m, 1j, 2j?

nvrl84ad8
Post #652

7m for now but going 1j at the end of the year.

1.5jz cressida
Post #653

hey guys car has been started YEOW

bazr33
Post #654

SWEEEETTT !!!!

pig060
Post #655

QUOTE(1.5jz cressida @ Nov 8 2008, 05:27 PM) [snapback]1283123060[/snapback]

hey guys car has been started YEOW

does it all sound good so far?????

*57UFD*
Post #656

sneek peak...

[attachment=622088:attachment]

jamie m
Post #657

hey ive got a mx83 grande i inherited getting a 2jz in the next few months just waiting for my other cars 2 sell putting the motor in stock atm just a front mount and 154 box sgould do the job but. does anyone know wot coil overs fit r where i can get them from?

MrDOHC
Post #658

JZX81 coilovers

jap auction sites

pig060
Post #659

QUOTE(*57UFD* @ Nov 12 2008, 09:20 AM) [snapback]1283141767[/snapback]

sneek peak...

[attachment=622088:attachment]

not much of a look now is it lol

MFC05
Post #660

Grandpa Spec yo........ sorry had to be said

1.5jz cressida
Post #661

QUOTE(MFC05 @ Nov 12 2008, 06:23 PM) [snapback]1283144473[/snapback]

Grandpa Spec yo........ sorry had to be said

lol not this little silver duck

car is getting work done we had a hick up, should b up n dyno'd soon its been started

my gf will post abit more skin of my baby

*57UFD*
Post #662

QUOTE(1.5jz cressida @ Nov 12 2008, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1283145612[/snapback]

lol not this little silver duck
car is getting work done we had a hick up, should b up n dyno'd soon its been started

my gf will post abit more skin of my baby

by request

[attachment=622715:attachment]

Silly_Sora
Post #663

Got a mate with a cressy for sale makes good power i'll tell him to post or w/e

1.5jz cressida
Post #664

car starts everytime, started the tuning, made 393hp on low boost revving to 5500 no cam timing had to back off started to spin the wheels, it has alot more in it ALOT more

MD0086
Post #665

SKID IT :P

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 19 of 64
Jump to page
57 User(s) are reading this topic (57 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x