Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 43 of 64
Jump to page
travo_6t9
Post #1471

Nah don't own it my mate Derek does he is jus abit computer illiterate. Yeh you start gettin into the tens n lower it really starts costing alot n the get a second quicker is even harder, dereks is still street driven is just not a daily driver, it is still a nice car to cruise in surprisingly yours will still be a quick street car tho!!

sleepercorty
Post #1472

QUOTE (travo_6t9 @ Jan 25 2011, 09:09 PM) *
Nah don't own it my mate Derek does he is jus abit computer illiterate. Yeh you start gettin into the tens n lower it really starts costing alot n the get a second quicker is even harder, dereks is still street driven is just not a daily driver, it is still a nice car to cruise in surprisingly yours will still be a quick street car tho!!

yeh i have been pretty lucky so far its been very easy to get to where it is so far (the car owes me 10grand total)and shouldnt be to hard to get another half a second, but beyond that its going to get expensive which is why im not going there with this car, i have other projects in the build for the 9 second bracket, i just want one 9.99 out of this one that will do me.
i do love Derek's car but its gives me motorvation whenever i see it race, and like how he has kept it a street car over the years of racing.

pig060
Post #1473

mine is a long way off for going on a cruise :D lol but here is some pics anyway.

getting striped down ready for engine bay to be prep/painted :bowrofl:

sleepercorty
Post #1474

yours is going to make my engine bay look messy, i gave up keeping mine clean its to hard and im to lazy. but im still going to be jelous of yours

pig060
Post #1475

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jan 25 2011, 10:51 PM) *
yours is going to make my engine bay look messy, i gave up keeping mine clean its to hard and im to lazy. but im still going to be jelous of yours

hahaha yeah i know what your saying it gets to hard sometimes but i have the time to do it atm so i figured i would do it as its the one thing about the car i never liked. i would rather be running 10's then a fansy car lol but hopefully once its back together with a auto i might have a chance with a 10 and a fansy engine bay :)

pimpinpont
Post #1476

Just picked up an MX-73 cressy very close to stock standard, will throw up some pictures later when I have time, but have very big plans for her.

nuggz1j
Post #1477

Anyone interested in a microtech lt8 ecu and hand controller for 400 or nearest offer

1.5jz cressida
Post #1478

QUOTE (pimpinpont @ Jan 26 2011, 10:28 AM) *
Just picked up an MX-73 cressy very close to stock standard, will throw up some pictures later when I have time, but have very big plans for her.

gotta compete with barret 2jz massive single mx73 :)

pig mine is goin in friday to clean up all and get new braided lines, week after that is cage, new wheels this week, should look like a tough streeter then back to pro torque for more BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS
ssssssst......

nuggz1j
Post #1479

What would be better a 3inch or 3.5 inch exhaust turbo back for my 1jz cressy. It might sound silly but its going to be fairly stock

sleepercorty
Post #1480

injectors ordered 30psi coming right up, see how the gearbox likes it

bazr33
Post #1481

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jan 28 2011, 08:54 PM) *
injectors ordered 30psi coming right up, see how the gearbox likes it

haha noice, what size of injectors you having to run to push 30psi?

Should be nuts, be looking forward to hearing how it goes.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1482

im hoping you went more then 880cc????

is anyone goin to the hardtuned cruise tonight??? il be there

Rusty Night
Post #1483

is that the charity cruise dan?

Astra Boi
Post #1484

Any one got a cresside 4 sale ? pm me

1.5jz cressida
Post #1485

yeh kyle come man be good to catch up

sleepercorty
Post #1486

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Jan 29 2011, 08:45 AM) *
haha noice, what size of injectors you having to run to push 30psi?

Should be nuts, be looking forward to hearing how it goes.

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jan 29 2011, 09:17 AM) *
im hoping you went more then 880cc????

is anyone goin to the hardtuned cruise tonight??? il be there

yes being that i already have 1000cc, my new 1600cc ones should be plenty

05LQW
Post #1487

i have some 1000cc injectors for sale if anyone is interested in some

https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=690042

pig060
Post #1488

hey 1.5jz how do you find your gearbox from mv??? im tossing up wheather to go the glide or just one of mv's boxes as i really want to be able to drive it alot and the 4speed will be better for that??? just dont want to spend the money on one then have to go for a glide anyway. also when you did your 11 was that with the 1jz or the 1.5j??? just making a 1jz and 2jz (quickest cressida list) on cressida forums.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1489

QUOTE (pig060 @ Feb 2 2011, 04:58 PM) *
hey 1.5jz how do you find your gearbox from mv??? im tossing up wheather to go the glide or just one of mv's boxes as i really want to be able to drive it alot and the 4speed will be better for that??? just dont want to spend the money on one then have to go for a glide anyway. also when you did your 11 was that with the 1jz or the 1.5j??? just making a 1jz and 2jz (quickest cressida list) on cressida forums.

the glide was one of my toss ups. i went the 4 speed for the drivability, the 4th is actually activating the computer, shouldnt be used for anything else but to cruise, if im goin to over take i go back to 3rd. the mv box supports 500+rwkw and supported 1JZ 747 into the 9's so go the 4 speed, we hit in my car 11.2 with 1jz then 11.9 with 2jz but backed off half track, mph shows that,

ANY ONE GOIN TO HARRY'S TONIGHT?

pig060
Post #1490

are you heading up dan??? might come have a look.

bazr33
Post #1491

I'll have to make my way up to Harry's sometime, probably not this week. maybe next week if you guys are going.

I have purchase some 264 cams, which are coming over from us now. So another item to chuck in when I get my work done. Might get some springs and retainers while I am at it.
Time to get this boat moving a bit quicker.

50mm lowered street spec springs coming from SA aswell, should be here Monday. I'll post pics when I have them installed.

sleepercorty
Post #1492

QUOTE (pig060 @ Feb 2 2011, 04:58 PM) *

id definately go the 4 speed mv box, mine is still a standard box (with mv valve body) and it is still going at 521rwhp, and mvs boxes have 2 extra clutches so i recon there 500rwkw rating is pretty spot on. im going for 600rwhp with the standard box but will see what happens.
the only thing to watch is make sure you get the right convertor, when does your car hit decent boost? cause a modified standard toyota convertor is only good to about 3500rpm. we modified my convertor to use v6 commodore internals (believe it they are very strong convertors) but this wasnt done by mv's. no offense to them but they will probably tell you that a 3500rpm convertor will be plenty but be careful most people start using nitrous to compensate for the wrong convertor. so by all means get a box off them as they build the strongest box with the best valve body but convertor think twice, or atleast get a guarantee that it is going to be a convertor that suits your car.
shane (1jz747) used nitrous back when he was 1jz as it wouldnt boost off the brake, and i can get 15psi on the foot brake no gas. and im running the same turbo he originally was, its all in the convertor mine is just over 4500rpm

pig060
Post #1493

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Feb 3 2011, 08:32 PM) *
id definately go the 4 speed mv box, mine is still a standard box (with mv valve body) and it is still going at 521rwhp, and mvs boxes have 2 extra clutches so i recon there 500rwkw rating is pretty spot on. im going for 600rwhp with the standard box but will see what happens.
the only thing to watch is make sure you get the right convertor, when does your car hit decent boost? cause a modified standard toyota convertor is only good to about 3500rpm. we modified my convertor to use v6 commodore internals (believe it they are very strong convertors) but this wasnt done by mv's. no offense to them but they will probably tell you that a 3500rpm convertor will be plenty but be careful most people start using nitrous to compensate for the wrong convertor. so by all means get a box off them as they build the strongest box with the best valve body but convertor think twice, or atleast get a guarantee that it is going to be a convertor that suits your car.
shane (1jz747) used nitrous back when he was 1jz as it wouldnt boost off the brake, and i can get 15psi on the foot brake no gas. and im running the same turbo he originally was, its all in the convertor mine is just over 4500rpm

yeah i think ill get there box once im ready to fit everything in the enginebay again. when does yours hit full boost??? yeah when i had my 2j in my commodore years ago it was auto and i spoke to mv about a converter and they said a 2800 was fine for my setup. i thought thats abit low but i thought they know better then me and took there advice. it was udder crap and didnt do anything over the standed converter so i see what your saying. im hoping to have a pair of 272's so ill have to work with that aswell.

sleepercorty
Post #1494

QUOTE (pig060 @ Feb 3 2011, 09:40 PM) *
yeah i think ill get there box once im ready to fit everything in the enginebay again. when does yours hit full boost??? yeah when i had my 2j in my commodore years ago it was auto and i spoke to mv about a converter and they said a 2800 was fine for my setup. i thought thats abit low but i thought they know better then me and took there advice. it was udder crap and didnt do anything over the standed converter so i see what your saying. im hoping to have a pair of 272's so ill have to work with that aswell.

mine hits full boost before 5000rpm, so yours i would imagine would be around 4000rpm-4500rpm full boost? with bigger engine. i think mine starts coming on boost around 4000rpm and around 14psi at 4500rpm and 23psi around 4800rpm.

pig060
Post #1495

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Feb 3 2011, 10:12 PM) *
mine hits full boost before 5000rpm, so yours i would imagine would be around 4000rpm-4500rpm full boost? with bigger engine. i think mine starts coming on boost around 4000rpm and around 14psi at 4500rpm and 23psi around 4800rpm.

mine is well and truely hit full boost before 4000 (17/18psi) whats the deal with the kickdown cable/line pressure??? because im going to run an aftermarket throttle body how is it hooked up if i get a gearbox from mv??? ill be using the v500 to control it. doesnt some boxes run wires to the tps to control it???

pig060
Post #1496

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Feb 3 2011, 07:09 PM) *
I'll have to make my way up to Harry's sometime, probably not this week. maybe next week if you guys are going.

I have purchase some 264 cams, which are coming over from us now. So another item to chuck in when I get my work done. Might get some springs and retainers while I am at it.
Time to get this boat moving a bit quicker.

50mm lowered street spec springs coming from SA aswell, should be here Monday. I'll post pics when I have them installed.

yeah ill come up for a look if you head up??? what brand cams are you getting???

sleepercorty
Post #1497

QUOTE (pig060 @ Feb 3 2011, 10:20 PM) *
mine is well and truely hit full boost before 4000 (17/18psi) whats the deal with the kickdown cable/line pressure??? because im going to run an aftermarket throttle body how is it hooked up if i get a gearbox from mv??? ill be using the v500 to control it. doesnt some boxes run wires to the tps to control it???

use an early 1jz box and it will be alot easier than using the later boxes that use tps line pressure. you dont need to run the line pressure cable to the throttle body just cut it back short near the box pull the cable tight fold it over and put a clamp around it. done it plenty of times before it just means it runs full line pressure all the time doesnt vary with throttle position.

nuggz1j
Post #1498

Hi dan my car is going over to my dads house next weekend as soon as i said i was going to sell because he wouldnt finish it he changed his mind so im happy as now and hopefully its ready by march for the cruise. Cheers for catching up with me last week as it has inspired me to turn the car into a circuit racer haha and im looking at getting a 5 speed manual a couple of months after its on the road

bazr33
Post #1499

QUOTE (pig060 @ Feb 3 2011, 10:22 PM) *
yeah ill come up for a look if you head up??? what brand cams are you getting???

Just got the Brian Crower ones.

I'll see how they go.

pig060
Post #1500

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Feb 5 2011, 12:04 PM) *
Just got the Brian Crower ones.

I'll see how they go.

yeah ive been looking at them aswell. where are you looking at getting them from and how much??? pm me if you want???

bazr33
Post #1501

got them off ebay.
total shipped from america for 639. Thought it wasn't a bad price. Would of been 570 if posted wasn't bloody 64 bucks. Some are charging 100 bucks postage.

I made a offer of 570 and they took it, If ya keen for getting those cams, I would try offering them like 550 or something, see if they take it. Either way they are still cheaper then what I have seen them

Bought them from kdperformance in Texas.

sleepercorty
Post #1502

new injectors are in just need some more e85 and see if we can make 600rwhp

nuggz1j
Post #1503

Is there anyone who can tell the difference between steel wheels and ceramic wheels just by looking at them with out taking the turbo apart

sleepercorty
Post #1504

QUOTE (nuggz1j @ Feb 5 2011, 04:37 PM) *
Is there anyone who can tell the difference between steel wheels and ceramic wheels just by looking at them with out taking the turbo apart

its very easy to tell the difference, see if a magnet sticks to it

nuggz1j
Post #1505

Haha.Didnt even think about that

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 43 of 64
Jump to page
34 User(s) are reading this topic (34 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x