Page 31 of 64
Jump to page
bazr33
Post #1051

mine has been painted
has mod plate fitted
sorted out kick-down switch
fitting tachometric gizmo so my tacho will work

but pretty much now just need to put the front bar on with headlights and organise roadworthy and im on the road.

Later I will have to look at lowering the front end a bit. Was considering not touching the rear as i was going to allow for squat
I'll try and get some piccies soon

1.5jz cressida
Post #1052

sounds good baz mine is still sitting, still sorting little issues but yeh just collecting dust :P

pig060
Post #1053

i havnt had any time to finish mine of but im hoping to do abit in the next week. then goes to get my ecu fitted and tune then ill be driving around. also got some is250 wheels for my brake upgrade :P

Rileys
Post #1054

mine is still bone stock.....still contemplating keeping the aristo

bazr33
Post #1055

pg]

couple of pics of the cressida
still havent fully finished it yet.

nearly there

pig060
Post #1056

got any better pics of the engine bay???

bazr33
Post #1057

1.5jz cressida
Post #1058

thats looking sexy baz, you still got the lexus wheels???? so all our cars should be up and running soon???? pig hows the beast goin????

pig060
Post #1059

yeah good mate pretty much done every thing i can on it that i can so ill go see my tuner on friday and hopefully take it there at the end of next week to get ecu and tune then ill be driving around.

bazr33
Post #1060

made sure all bolts etc are tightened up today, and handbrake works.

All thats left is to put the grille on (bit of the intercooler is obstructing for a straight fit)
and put the computer back in its little nook!!

All is looking good, no problem have arisen so far and everything works.
Next weekend is roadworthy.

pig060
Post #1061

sounds good dude. will be good to see out and about. i went and seen my tuner friday arvo so its going in next week sometime when i get a chance to get it there to get ecu and tune so hopefully be driving my car in a couple of weeks.

pig060
Post #1062

well i droped of my car on tuesday so should have it back in a couple of weeks.

loveit
Post #1063

i might aswell have a cressid,a any place i go i tell them its a cresta and they look at the car and sorta give me like a ''ur an idiot grin'' and say u mean a cressida there mate?
anyways pretty much standard 1g runnin 10psi auto=[ 1j coming soon!

pig060
Post #1064

looks pretty clean dude. got any other pics??? what mods are you planing with the 1j???

1.5jz cressida
Post #1065

still no news on the cressida yet hoping soon tho :(

good to hear pig fingers crossed it makes decnt power

nice cresta mate

loveit
Post #1066

QUOTE (pig060 @ Feb 11 2010, 08:30 PM) *
looks pretty clean dude. got any other pics??? what mods are you planing with the 1j???

when i get the 1j hmmm im not sure what ill do at this point of time :( i was hoping someone in here can point me in a direction of that :(

loveit
Post #1067

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Feb 11 2010, 08:33 PM) *
still no news on the cressida yet hoping soon tho :(

good to hear pig fingers crossed it makes decnt power

nice cresta mate

u live in redcliffe? =S myabe u seen me drive around in it haha i live just near the ambuance :(

pig060
Post #1068

mine will only have a soft tune for the moment. then once every thing is sorted out and running fine ill be taking it back to get a good tune on it.

ELLA
Post #1069

QUOTE (loveit @ Feb 11 2010, 08:13 PM) *
u live in redcliffe? =S myabe u seen me drive around in it haha i live just near the ambuance :(

lol Ive seen you around. i had an argument for ages that your car wasnt a cressida. I KNEW IT lol.

is this richard?

1.5jz cressida
Post #1070

yeh seen you out here and there if i had the cressida id come say hi soon i hope, what did you want the car for???

j.d.m
Post #1071

currently searching a cressida myself, in brisbane, something thats fairly tidy and electrics work =). plans for either, a 1uz or 2jz to be going in it as a project car :(

loveit
Post #1072

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Feb 12 2010, 11:26 AM) *
yeh seen you out here and there if i had the cressida id come say hi soon i hope, what did you want the car for???

if this post was for me :( umm bought it cause i love the older 4door toyota look! and its hell comfortable with power! =]

bazr33
Post #1073

The Cress is on the road. Yeeeooowww!!!!
Im laughing everytime i drive it, just on how the interior is and how it handles.
The standard suspension make the car feel like a boat.
The engine is very smooth, gearbox changes gears a bit slow then what i would like but is very smooth also.
Its a bit laggy, but its how i like it. Its like wait waaiiiit waaaaiiiittt then bang hahaha. its awesome.

Been getting a few looks since the past couple of days.

Hoping Pig060 and Dan's cars are on the road soon to organise a cruise.

pig060
Post #1074

sweet as dude, i know the lag feeling with my old auto as i only had a 2800 stall. mine is in the shop getting ecu and tune but they have been really busy so mine is only getting done slowly which is fine with me as i know it will get done right. i should have mine back in a couple of weeks.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1075

havent heard about mine bit over it :rolleyes: been 8 months and now out of rego and insurance so meh :'(

pig060
Post #1076

whats the go with yours dan???

bazr33
Post #1077

i have noticed a little hesitation when it comes on full boost though.
Feels like not getting enough fuel or choking.

I do have a walbro 255 pump, but everything else is standard except for the t66 turbo.

Would it be a case of not enough fuel??

pig060
Post #1078

could be a number of things. mine did something like that when i first did my 2j conversion in my commodore. and it was the hose on the map sensor not sitting on all the way (factory ecu). so i put a sip tie on it to make sure it was tight and solved the problem. with you having a walbro fitted it should be getting enough fuel but like i said it could be a number of things i guess.

bazr33
Post #1079

sweet, will check it out.

bazr33
Post #1080

I think my problem is (havent sorted it yet, but in the middle of doing it) the aristo ECU with boost cut.

I'm not certain to how much boost i am running as i don't have a gauge, but im sure its close to 15psi.

I am installing a FCD very soon to see if that will rectify the problem.
The other option possibly is a faulty map sensor.

All hoses are connected and everything seems to be fine.
The car runs awesome, no noises or anything. Only when hitting full boost it cuts out and farts around a bit.
It would make sense if the standard ECU has boost cut and a speed governor on it.

Soon see if it fixes my issue.

Depending if i get the issue sorted by friday. I might be headin out to Test and Tune.

pig060
Post #1081

sounds good dude let me know if you go to test and tune and ill come up. yeah the factory ecu is very sensative with boost. mine was only running 11psi and still hit boost cut (dont know why) when you nut it do you have your foot flat??? i found that if i back of that fly shit that it didnt hit it and went really good. ive got a map sensor laying around from my car but its sitting in the boot of my car which is at the shop but once it comes back you can try it if you want? what FCD are you getting? i had a hks one on my car and it really needed to be put on a dyno to work properly as it needed to be dialed in.

pig060
Post #1082

hoping to have my car finished next week as my tuner has a display at super sunday next weekend (7th) and they asked if i wanted to display my car as a customer of efi.

bazr33
Post #1083

Yeah when it chucks a fit, I do have my foot flat to the floor. I have noticed aswell if i took my foot off a bit it goes better.

I was going to install the Jaycar FCD, but after reading some threads the voltage that it clamps at is my concern and highly possible of detonation. Even though it might be ok going a little over 15psi with it. But later on I want to be able to winde it up.

So looks like i am going either two options. A safc2 or a blitz ecu that i might be able to get my hands on for cheap.

Im not too sure if i will be able to now get it sorted for test and tune friday, but will still be taking the car there to drive.

swweet as about your car, hopefully everything goes well.

pig060
Post #1084

from what ive heard i would not bother with a safc2. blitz can be ok but i think they are tuned for the mods the car had at the time in japan so if your car doesnt have the same mods it can run shit but on a few aristo getting around they seem to be good. so i guess if you get it cheap enough why not give it a go. they also get rid of the speed cut (180 i think from memory) as well as boost cut.

LSI80
Post #1085

Found this website called toyodiy.com and has the Toyota parts system on it. Can search for genuine part numbers with the diagrams to look at. Very handy.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 31 of 64
Jump to page
53 User(s) are reading this topic (53 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x