Qr Sprints 18th November  

Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
DAL32
Post #16

QUOTE(garlic_s5rx7 @ Nov 6 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]1280440993[/snapback]

I heard you were allowed to take passengers at the last event (9th Dec) but yea, I haven't heard that officially, just word of mouth from other competitors

MountainRunner off here organises a track day like every few months and they have a thing where you can take passengers with you in the car, not sure about these sprints though.

rotmanozzie
Post #17

QUOTE(DAL32 @ Nov 8 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]1280448679[/snapback]

MountainRunner off here organises a track day like every few months and they have a thing where you can take passengers with you in the car, not sure about these sprints though.

his track days book out very quickly, the one on the 28th is fully booked i believe

Stuit
Post #18

QUOTE(garlic_s5rx7 @ Nov 4 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]1280433433[/snapback]

Not looking good for me... cars still in the shop. waiting on parts from Japan sad.gif well, with any luck I will be at the december sprints...

did you get your car back?! id love to come and get the rex out on the track but i got a big night of drinking the night before and i can guarantee i wont be up to it the next day laugh.gif

garlic_s5rx7
Post #19

Yes I got my car back yesterday. feels great to be behind the wheel of it again!

So yea, Ill be out there racing. The next sprints after this one is December 9... you should try and get out there for that one Stuart.

Rookie ROX
Post #20

Hmmm new pads, braided lines, high temp fluid. Engine almost up to its completion of run in....now to sprint or not to sprint, that is the question!

Edit: Hey just realised I'm in the background of some AusRotor pics walking across pit lane laugh.gif

ROCK ON
R~R

ZENNON
Post #21

I'll be there! Have to try and crack the 65's! biggrin.gif

garlic_s5rx7
Post #22

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Nov 10 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]1280456324[/snapback]

Hmmm new pads, braided lines, high temp fluid. Engine almost up to its completion of run in....now to sprint or not to sprint, that is the question!

Edit: Hey just realised I'm in the background of some AusRotor pics walking across pit lane laugh.gif

ROCK ON
R~R

thats an easy question to answer... of course you want too!!!

that actually reminds me, I need to get some more brake fluid too... its bleeding time!

I'll be there! Have to try and crack the 65's!

im with you there! probably not all that likely with what I have left on my tyres though dry.gif

INP51
Post #23

Hopefully be out there with the turbo'd MX5 if we get the new wheels in time :S

PHATCORE
Post #24

Its sucks that i am going to miss this one but will be out there on the 9th of dec and should have all my heat issues sorted. Hopefuly break into the 61's

S15_Clint
Post #25

If anyone comes to the Wednesday ones They tend to have about 45 minutes of General Practice after the sprints that allow Passenger rides smile.gif

Clint

clutch-monkey
Post #26

QUOTE(S15_Clint @ Nov 10 2006, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1280457570[/snapback]

If anyone comes to the Wednesday ones They tend to have about 45 minutes of General Practice after the sprints that allow Passenger rides smile.gif

Clint

mate which date is the wednesday you refer to? hsdance.gif

edit: nvm read through and saw the 15th. sad.gif exams

garlic_s5rx7
Post #27

Wednesday 15th is the next WAS... yes that is next wednesday...

Fleet
Post #28

QUOTE(ZENNON @ Nov 10 2006, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1280456472[/snapback]

I'll be there! Have to try and crack the 65's! biggrin.gif

see you out there Zennon!
Pete biggrin.gif

Tree Fitty Z
Post #29

Well i'll be back out there again. Having withdrawals from last month. Don't know if i'll be goin on the wednesday yet, but definantly the Saturday. Will have to catch up with some of you fellas.

How many of you are goin to the wednesday and the saturday?

rotmanozzie
Post #30

Hey mate, what's your best time in the Z out at QR ?

Tree Fitty Z
Post #31

I've been only been twice one was damp the other was soaked. I did a 65 on the better day.

Fleet
Post #32

QUOTE(Tree Fitty Z @ Nov 11 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]1280458624[/snapback]

Well i'll be back out there again. Having withdrawals from last month. Don't know if i'll be goin on the wednesday yet, but definantly the Saturday. Will have to catch up with some of you fellas.

How many of you are goin to the wednesday and the saturday?

I might go to the Wed sprints as well, but just to watch.

Kenshin
Post #33

I hope i'll be there. Are there still spots available.

garlic_s5rx7
Post #34

im gona try and get out there for wednesday sprints... will have to see what my boss says. I missed the last sprints, so that makes me want to wednesday ones to catch up... justified, I think so biggrin.gif

ONE600
Post #35

We will be there, just hope it isnt as hot as the last sprint day

Fleet
Post #36

QUOTE(Kenshin @ Nov 11 2006, 06:10 PM) [snapback]1280459535[/snapback]

I hope i'll be there. Are there still spots available.

you will have to phone QR and find out. www.queenslandraceway.com.au

LUDEcrs
Post #37

Im out. 9/12 Im in though, so see you guys then smile.gif

Rookie ROX
Post #38

Well I'm out, the following week of holiday will be compromised by using the funds for sprinting, next month sounds good though, I'll have everything I need ready by then! I may spectate, also may not..

ROCK ON
R~R

garlic_s5rx7
Post #39

sorry to hear that Rookie and Ludecrs... I will be out there, car is set to do both wednesday and sat sprints. I guess I will have to take it easy on wednesday, but it should be fine, will probably just do a brake bleed inbetween events

S15_Clint
Post #40

Awesome to hear man, I will come up and say hi to ya! That is if the weather Doesn't turn to shit as it apparently is!!! (Its Ippy for gods sakes! it hardly ever rains!!)

Clint

Kenshin
Post #41

Entry is in, I'll be there smile.gif

!JessKa!
Post #42

ummmm i got told that im going to this last night unsure.gif

soooo i guess i'll be there lol blink.gif tongue.gif

S15_Clint
Post #43

Well what an interesting Sprint day Today!!!! Sun, Rain, Sun. Ended up pretty good day! ran quick consistent times and completely destroyed my front tyres!!! Looks like I am out of the Saturday Sprints, Although..... *looks at other set of tyres*

Clint

evaded
Post #44

If you need some good cheap motorsport tyres just give me a buzz and I can get some organised for you before Saturday.

Anyways Jess you will be out there and yeah I will be. If anyone wants to donate to the renew Andrew's CAMS license and pay for entry fee fund then I will race.

garlic_s5rx7
Post #45

definately an interesting day... I think I set the record for most spins in one session... just reviewed my tape, and it comes in at around 7 ohmy.gif the worst part was the 4 times on the front straight... gah you would think I woudl learn right?

that was the first time I had run the clubman track... definately want to do that again, it is awesome!

I managed to get a 1:10 on the clubman, so pretty happy with that, though there is plenty of room for improvement.

saturday should be fun, though if it is wet, I might give it a miss... my rear tyres don't have enough tread left for the wet wink.gif

S15_Clint
Post #46

Ahh was that you man? yeah i was thinking... He should know by now Not to Hit the gas hard coming out of there in the wet tongue.gif was entertaining though haha! Managed to do 1:05 clubman, Was aiming for a 1:04 though. Ran pretty consistent 1:02 on the sprint dipping in to 1:01 on one occasion. I think I will be running on Slick Tyres next year! so i can join the Sub 60 club biggrin.gif

Clint

garlic_s5rx7
Post #47

I don't know what it was, it seemed so stable, and then all of a sudden it would just lose it... I think my suspension bushings are shot, which was causing the rear end to do some unpredictable stuff... especially the DTSS stuff which causes toe out when the suspension loads up in the rear...

I was pretty happy with the dry run we had on the sprints, managed a 66.48 which was marginally better than my previous best, will be interesting to see how i go next time, hopefully will get some more laps in on saturday!

the incar footage I had of the wet run is quite funny... i might post it up when I get a computer that is capable of editing video... as a demonstration of what NOT to do in the wet... biggrin.gif

Fleet
Post #48

well as predicted the cool change has arrived, bring on the lower temps woo hoo!! biggrin.gif should be an awesome day on saturday now!

Stormwarden
Post #49

Entry is in, Now to find out if its better to do the sprints on saturday in my car with the top up or down.

From guys that have been there (to race)

What is the best time to get there for a person thats never been?

garlic_s5rx7
Post #50

The fastest person on the sprint circuit this year (in the sprint series) is 0.55.61 in a Subaru 99 Sti

according to the results here: http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/sas-points.xls

edit: Sorry didn't read your post fully (I read never as ever)... my best time the first time I went was a 1:11, you should be able to figure out most peoples from the link above.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
20 User(s) are reading this topic (20 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x