What Did You Do On Your Car Today+ - V2.0  

Page 61 of 66
Jump to page
bandit_corolla
Post #2101

bough an AE86 rear end... Fitted and found out it got 2way TRD LSD in it! Winning!!!
Going from rear drum brakes to disc is a massive improvement.

vk134
Post #2102

don't forget you need to change the proportioning valve when going from drums to discs.

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/...rtioning-valves

DAL32
Post #2103

Replaced the throttle body in the 156. Happy I twirled a spanner on that bitch myself for once and saved myself a couple of hundred bucks.

ShanO`
Post #2104

Fitted my adjustable PBM shifter from my R34 into my 86, might cut down the adjustable shaft so it gets rid of the locking collars and hides the reverse lockout shaft...

jbear
Post #2105

Took my BOV plumb back system off, splutter and coughed if it went under 2000 revs and stalled if it hit 1500. Ran really rich, black smoke and all. Asked a few people why this is happening they weren't sure so I put it back on. Anyone might know?

Dai.
Post #2106

Fitted a new tail and undertail. Polished pipes while i was there.

alpharx7
Post #2107

put my battery on the charger

Doc
Post #2108

Getting zorst fitted atm.

Doc
Post #2109

Done

and added a pinstripe

truffles
Post #2110

QUOTE (jbear @ Mar 10 2013, 07:46 PM) *
Took my BOV plumb back system off, splutter and coughed if it went under 2000 revs and stalled if it hit 1500. Ran really rich, black smoke and all. Asked a few people why this is happening they weren't sure so I put it back on. Anyone might know?

What car?

I will enlighten. If it's anything like (or is) the RB engine from a skyline, you can't simply remove the bov. Why? Because the purpose of the Bov is to recirculate the air back into the intake one the throttle body is closed. When this air is recirculated back into the intake, the factory ECU adjusts the fuel to accommodate this.

If you removed this without doing anything else, the factory ecu still assumes all that air is going back into the intake (not into the atmosphere or wherever you had it going), it still adds the fuel into the mixture. Without all that air being present it will obviously be running super rich to the point where it consistantly stalls.

Moral of the story; don't remove your BOV unless you have your ECU tuned to do so. Most factory BOVs are pretty decent, provided they are still functioning fine.

rus_s13
Post #2111

I had a similar (not the same) problem with my atmo venting BOV, every time after boost (mostly long pulls in 3,4,5th gear) when coming off throttle, the ECU thinks that the air coming out of the BOV is being re-circulated in the system - so it adds more fuel to compensate for the extra air.

When in fact the extra air was vented to the atmosphere, so the ECU is adding fuel when it doesnt need too (stock ECU of course) and it stalls and runs like ass.

Hadf the above mentioned problem + my car wasn't idling nicely at all. Got a re-cirl BOV, plumbed it back with black garden/sprinkler hose, and pulled off the inlet manifold. Cleaned the Idle control valve/throttle body/manifold and then finally changed spark plugs at the end, they were f*cked from running super rich for so long. Before changing the spark plugs it still ran like shit, now with everything clean it idles exactly how it's supposed too, even the return to idle mode is flawless.

OT - just about to pull the front suspension apart, figure out what's making the 'bad' noise, and probably find out i've bought the wrong LCA bushings. car will back on the road circa 2014

jbear
Post #2112

QUOTE (truffles @ Mar 11 2013, 02:23 PM) *
What car?

I will enlighten. If it's anything like (or is) the RB engine from a skyline, you can't simply remove the bov. Why? Because the purpose of the Bov is to recirculate the air back into the intake one the throttle body is closed. When this air is recirculated back into the intake, the factory ECU adjusts the fuel to accommodate this.

If you removed this without doing anything else, the factory ecu still assumes all that air is going back into the intake (not into the atmosphere or wherever you had it going), it still adds the fuel into the mixture. Without all that air being present it will obviously be running super rich to the point where it consistantly stalls.

Moral of the story; don't remove your BOV unless you have your ECU tuned to do so. Most factory BOVs are pretty decent, provided they are still functioning fine.

Sr20det. I thought it may have had something to do with what you said, "the factory ecu still assumes all that air is going back into the intake", It was venting to atmosphere, and it sounded like someone was saying SHHHHHHH over a speaker phone in my ear.

Someone mentioned tightening the BOV spring but guessing if it's something to do with the ECU I doubt it would make a difference. Do you suggest a tune and just have a chat to the person doing it to tell them what I want?.

stockmy00
Post #2113

QUOTE (Doc @ Mar 11 2013, 01:03 PM) *
Done

Seen your car a few times, big fan looks fantastic!

How do you find the drive compared to the ol' gc8 ? I'm considering upgrading but I just don't wanna lose the gc8's chuck-ability. Soon I will test drive one back to back with mine..

Doc
Post #2114

QUOTE (stockmy00 @ Mar 11 2013, 08:27 PM) *
Seen your car a few times, big fan looks fantastic!

How do you find the drive compared to the ol' gc8 ? I'm considering upgrading but I just don't wanna lose the gc8's chuck-ability. Soon I will test drive one back to back with mine..

noticeably bigger when driving, but still handles great, boost came on alot quicker in the 00 but it had a few mods and was tuned,
still these get along pretty good once boost hits, some lag there but that will change eventually. biggrin.gif

really happy with it, dont miss the GC8 one bit, even though i see it driving every morning

bandit_corolla
Post #2115

Made my car looks awesome and parked it indoor at Flushstyle 2nd year Anniversary in Thailand.

Anddd Yep im still running no springs.

VGJONO
Post #2116

Test drove it with the new motor and box in, all is well except i have no reverse head_wall.gif

Catapult
Post #2117

Painted the front and side badges gloss black and drove it in the bush

Attached File  gloss.jpeg ( 248.25K ) Number of downloads: 14

AGI78-GTO
Post #2118

started putting on the blower biggrin.gif

intake i wanted to use is wayy higher than i'd worked out in my head, i thought it'd require a 2 1/2 cowl hood, but the bonnet hits it about 100 mm before closing haha. so it looks like im changing back to the stock intake.

VGJONO
Post #2119

KM132 5 Speed purchased and fitted to the Galant

mark1414
Post #2120

Boost controller hooked up and dialled in.

TXR05
Post #2121

New front rotors as mine were screwed! drained oil, put some new stuff in with some liqui moly engine detox. Ran for 15 minutes, drained that oil and put some good oil in. New filter on both changes. Super clean now.

DAL32
Post #2122

Do you just put really cheap oil in to do with the flush???

Zimma
Post #2123

Pulled out the fuel pump and tested it, turns out it is fcuked, good times tongue.gif

sr_silvia
Post #2124

Fitted LED Reverse lights, here's new and old. LED's are sooo much brighter in real life! My crappy iPhone does no justice

ShanO`
Post #2125

Fixed a coolant leak in the shitbox R34

Zimma
Post #2126

Replaced the fuel pump, got it started again...

In a move of optimism also scavenged another ED civic for its license plate bracket at a cost of nothing for if i ever get it registered again, then straightened it a bit and sprayed matte black.

Some more spraying as well. Gotta love that $1.60 paint ph34r.gif

_Ben
Post #2127

QUOTE (Zimma @ Apr 1 2013, 03:56 PM) *
Some more spraying as well. Gotta love that $1.60 paint
ph34r.gif

Supercheap?

Sold shittonnes of that stuff when it was on sale

mark1414
Post #2128

yeah I needed a few cans of that but only found out after the sale ended.

Zimma
Post #2129

Yeah bought a few cans before the taggers bought it all haha... Apparently one store near me had one guy buy over 100 cans in one go.

1TUFF80
Post #2130

Fitted up the rear flares and painted the chassis and wheel arches. Still have to do the front.

wolfman101
Post #2131

Platesies.

Attached File  20130426_142608_1_.jpg ( 2.14MB ) Number of downloads: 15
Attached File  20130426_142639_1_.jpg ( 2.47MB ) Number of downloads: 13

E30_luv
Post #2132

Fixed a Oil leak. Went to take it for a drive and blew up a gearbox. Currently changing in a new one

Geoff
Post #2133

QUOTE (E30_luv @ May 5 2013, 10:53 AM) *
Fixed a Oil leak. Went to take it for a drive and blew up a gearbox. Currently changing in a new one

haha thats a rough run of luck

E30_luv
Post #2134

QUOTE (Geoff @ May 5 2013, 01:05 PM) *
haha thats a rough run of luck

Your telling me. I put off fixing oil pressure problems for 4 months. Day I fix it, I blow the gearbox up.

Dai.
Post #2135

Fitted CF tail and rear seat cowl to the R1.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 61 of 66
Jump to page
28 User(s) are reading this topic (28 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x