2006 Subaru Impreza WRX (AWD) MY06 - QLD: Gold Coast  

crs1976
  • crs1976
  • Site Newbie
  • Member No.: 256,355
Post #1 post 9th February 2013 - 10:40 PM
This is my 2006 Subaru WRX sedan in Metallic Black. It has 20" HP Design wheels painted in matt black, and 225-35-r20 tyres. The suspension is all upgraded with a standard height whiteline sports package.

It has a Clarion max686bt head unit, and full Rockford Fosgate speaker and sub package. Twin 6" splits fitted in front doors, Rear doors have 6" singles, twin 10" T1 power subs in boot, a 2 farad digital capacitor, a T600-4 rockford fosgate amp and a t1500-1bd amp. Full dynamat on boot lid, inside all doors and over full floor as well. 8 stage eq control is mounted in the ash tray. Bass level is controlled by the head unit as well as the eq control.

Engine has been upgraded with a APS kit. Which includes a APS sr40 ball bearing turbo, APS DR525 front mount intercooler, APS 3" turbo inlet pipe, 2.25" intercooler pipes and the ASP Air pod system which runs inside the drivers guard for less heat. There is a APS High Volume Twin Vent Blow Off Valve located on top right under the scoop for more sound cut from out side the car. My favourite is the 3" full turbo back (including cat) stainless exhaust system, with huge ass back cannon. This sounds so frigin awesome at low and high revs.

Clutch Competition Clutch Stage 2 steel back brass clutch kit and a new 4140 forged steel flywheel.

Interior apart from sound system is bog stock, but the rex was always comfortable anyway.

All in all is a fun package to drive, turns heads everywhere but will most likely do a brake upgrade soon just to finish it off and stop the wife panicing lol.

Thanks for reading and hope you like the picks.
2006 Subaru Impreza Wrx (awd) My06

Comments

• Boost Network 9
  • boostndan
    Post #2

looks good, wheel choice could have been better but is still a clean suby

Strel
    Post #3

Agreed, wheel choice is not my cup of tea - but i do like the hawk eye's.

crs1976
    Post #4

yeah i went for the all black look has grown on me and i love it now.

The Doctor
    Post #5

pretty tidy, should stick a front lip on there.

Wraith
    Post #6

Need better rims and a slim line plate and it would be good. Leave the 20s to the Sydney crew.

STi_kezza
    Post #7

agree with the above. Very tidy package though mate, black on black is tough. 17-18's are the go, will handle better and your turn in will improve alot. Glad to see you are upgrading your handling to suit, most people just go for bulk power as they think straight line action is where it's at lol.
    cheers

NosBabyNos
    Post #8

Went loosing wheel gap the wrong way. 20" way to big

10WHT
    Post #9

How many KW's at all 4 is it running after all the APS upgrades?

crs1976
    Post #10

still running stock computer and mapping at this stage as waiting for more cash (and permission from mrs), to get her on the chip and tune. havn't taken her over 5g at this stage but you feel the back of the seat preety quick. But i see hi torque have there 4wd dyno up and running now so may have to cut down on food to get it done sooner.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x