1991 Nissan 180SX  

19imp
  • 19imp
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 174,314
Post #1 post 20th November 2012 - 06:01 AM
Okay so I am starting a thread on my car I recently purchased it in sept 2012 it had a lot of work to be put into it and it is coming olong well so far with the help of my friend Matt from track and trail mobile paint and panel http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/track...panel/kallangur

It's a 1991 180sx with a red top sr20det

Wen I bought the car it had teen a dedicated track car for 3 years and was in rough shape

Mods were
3" turbo back exhaust
Halted sprint standalone ecu with aux boost controll and intake temp sensor
Racing logic coil overs all round
Adjustable rear camber arms
Triple plate brass button clutch
Apexi t28 bb turbo
Nismo 555cc injectors
Locked diff
16x10 steel drift wheels with stretched 205/45/16
Power spirit from mount
6 point cage
4 point harness
Recaro style seats
Rear seats stripped
Fibreglass door trims
Carbon fibre bonnet
S15 converted front
Some shitty catch can
Wide rear and front guards
C west front bar??
Unknown rear bar

First job was to get it registered which was actually quite easy as the seller organised a (cough) roadworthy but I wasn't about to drive around in a highly illegal car so next job was getting a mod plate for the cage and seats.

this was actually harder than I expected because the front plates weren't even bolted in and not a single bolt was high tensile, I got a box of 50 high tensile bolts for $16 from a shop in Melbourne http://www.scrooz.com.au/ and cage padding for an amazing $6 a meter from http://www.ianboettcherraceparts.com.au/shop/ and some eBay spec seat belts to run with the harnesses to keep it legal we made up some backing plates and got to work,after a long night and a bottle of jack we were done, the mod plate was done on the 30th of oct thankfully as the new laws as of nov 1st do not allow 6 point cages.

After a lot of searching and actually downloading the qld modifications guidelines I found out that fibreglass body parts are legal as long as they are 3mm thick before gel coat, I measured the bonnet front bar and front guards and there all okay. So the car was looking good so far. (Legal wise)

Got the car painted here ar a couple pictures

So the next thing I am tackling is the interior, I am going suede dash, doors, roof and pillars and recarpeting the whole car from front to back and installing a false floor in the rear. I got around 10 square meters of suede from the uk for about $90 aus and $70 shipping the best price I could find was $250 in aus

Retiming the interior of a car is not by any means a hard job I have done it before in my previous car it's just like everything tho to get a good result you do have to take your time, most people stay away from it because of the down time of the car but hings like door cards and pillars can be done which the car still being drivable.

I picked up some carpet off eBay just in 2m squares. as I was doing the boot and were the rear seats used to be a pre moulded carpet would not do the job so I am following this how to http://www.revline.se/diverse/951RS_...eat_Delete.pdf the car he did it in is not a 180sx but they are quite simmilar and I am mainly using it as a guide anyway and as for the false floor ill just be running a 9mm piece of mdf across the tyre well. I am still on the fence if I should install a sub or some 6x9s in the rear or just leave it but I will decide as I'm doing the carpet

ive alos installed a greddy copy intake and hid some wires and changed the vaccum lines

i had some troubles with the gearbox (it was jammed in 5th) so I've dropped the gearbox and just bought a s14 box with 70000kms for $300 (score smile.gif )

I've started the carpet here's a picture so far

1991 Nissan 180SX

--------------------
Current ride: 180.5sx 240rwkw

Comments

• Boost Network 0
  • G-uni7
    Post #2

Looks pretty good big read tho lol nearly fall asleep

19imp
    Post #3

Thanks man, I wanted to have an in depth build thread I started it on another site and have just copied and pasted so it wasn't originally this long it was in steps

Anth0ny
    Post #4

Good thread really detailed lol really long but worth the read lol looks like its coming along good smile.gif keep us updated

ITS2EZ
    Post #5

good stuff mate. car is coming along nicely thumbsup.gif

btw: did you buy this from a chick in tassie?? if so that car used to be a proper pig lol. big effort to get it ot where it is.

BlueSwiftGTi
    Post #6

Quick question - how was the car painted, was it done properly cause it looks almost satin instead of gloss.

ItsIHavok
    Post #7

Nice mate. Will be a nice streeter when your done. Was a real pig when you picked it up

8700s14
    Post #8

QUOTE (ITS2EZ @ Nov 21 2012, 08:55 AM) *

btw: did you buy this from a chick in tassie?? if so that car used to be a proper pig lol. big effort to get it ot where it is.

Am pretty sure I know the car you mean, that car is still over here, I drive past it most days where its new owner lives (I guess).

19imp
    Post #9

QUOTE (BlueSwiftGTi @ Nov 21 2012, 08:54 AM) *
    Quick question - how was the car painted, was it done properly cause it looks almost satin instead of gloss.
    yea it was painted properly I was going for the half satin half gloss, because it will dull down abit more over time, what we did was put flattening into 2pac gloss black

QUOTE (ITS2EZ @ Nov 21 2012, 07:55 AM) *

No I bought it from the Gold Coast yea it has been a big effort but well worth it

VernonKoekemoer
    Post #10

awesome work bro. Looks great.

75 KINGSWOOD
    Post #11

End result came out great!

190emerc
    Post #12

sweet! top work

ShanO`
    Post #13

Nice car, it would be better if it didn't have wheels that belong on a trailer...

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x