Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 61 of 64
Jump to page
danmcccc
Post #2101

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jul 1 2012, 09:24 PM) *
so my haltech is here along with my 4 bar map sensor time to see how strong standard 1jz's really are

oh jesus...more power? really? haha...keen to see how this goes! what coils are you using bro?

sleepercorty
Post #2102

QUOTE (danmcccc @ Jul 1 2012, 09:47 PM) *
oh jesus...more power? really? haha...keen to see how this goes! what coils are you using bro?

yeh needs plenty more yet dam cressidas are to heavy, im using a dirty old ef falcon coil pack wastespark setup never had spark dramas and it has seen 40psi

SleepyCressida
Post #2103

Got some new photos of her today. ;D

blackers10
Post #2104

looking good mate!

bazr33
Post #2105

anyone done a slip yoke setup with the a340e gearbox?

Just recently flared out the yoke near the centre bearing, busted the uni joints in the tailshaft.

rear left wheel bearing is on its way out so will be replacing that soon. everything else is going pretty sh!t hot.

Haven't got bored of the power yet. still amuse myself on the street and surprise others.

danmcccc
Post #2106

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Jul 30 2012, 05:34 PM) *
anyone done a slip yoke setup with the a340e gearbox?

Just recently flared out the yoke near the centre bearing, busted the uni joints in the tailshaft.

rear left wheel bearing is on its way out so will be replacing that soon. everything else is going pretty sh!t hot.

Haven't got bored of the power yet. still amuse myself on the street and surprise others.

why do u want a slip yolk??? isnt your irs???diff and box are fixed, no need for slip yoke :S

what power is yours making if you dont mind putting it out there?

bazr33
Post #2107

was more wanting to get away with using the rubber coupling off the gearbox, and the thought of having to replace the coupling with wear and tear.

568hp at 25psi. Maxed injectors.

WotLag
Post #2108

Thought i would finally put a few pics up.
Makes 300atw now. Just bought 800cc injectors so hopefully will have alot more soon

1.5jz cressida
Post #2109

any of you kids have a cressida shell or parts? i need a brake booster stat!

SleepyCressida
Post #2110

1.5jz;
I got one if you're still interested. smile.gif

1.5jz cressida
Post #2111

yeh please was i talking to you?? for $50????

pig060
Post #2112

jeff at hackets tyres has a series 2 wrecking smile.gif call him at work tomorrow and he will let you know if he still has it.

SleepyCressida
Post #2113

Give it to you for 40 if you want. Pm me. smile.gif

danmcccc
Post #2114

well my sida has being sitting at efi for 4 weeks now waiting for sean to tune it...if anyone is there tell him "hurry the funk up!!! from dan"

1.5jz cressida
Post #2115

do you have the mx73??? i saw it there when i picked up my blue one

danmcccc
Post #2116

yes mate thats mine...grey one

1.5jz cressida
Post #2117

i took a couple pics side by side with my v8 mx73 smile.gif, whats it running? why is it taking so long?

danmcccc
Post #2118

PICS!!!! post em up mate!! biggrin.gif

its stock 1j with custom steampipe highmount. precision 46mm gate...gt3076r...wolf ecu...stock auto with mv 1.5 valve body and 3k stall...theres some pics of the average engine bay when i got it back from the fabricator a couple of pages back

danmcccc
Post #2119

bought these...not sure if i should use them tho coz it will tarnish the whole sleeper thing i have going on

jo88
Post #2120

update on my shizbox. new pistons,rods, bearings. heads,block back from cleaning, painted block , changed freeze plugs

block half painted

danmcccc
Post #2121

i love seeing freshly cleaned engines biggrin.gif look soo damn good

mark1414
Post #2122

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Aug 4 2012, 10:17 AM) *
i took a couple pics side by side with my v8 mx73 smile.gif, whats it running? why is it taking so long?

Can you post some pics of the v8 mx73? Did you just recently buy it a few months back?

SleepyCressida
Post #2123

Got pulled over at D-bay today, Highway asks me to wind down window and says, as I quote; "You're little to young to be driving an old guys car arent you lad?"
Smiled and was just given RBT.
loved my life.

1.5jz cressida
Post #2124

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Aug 4 2012, 07:27 PM) *
Can you post some pics of the v8 mx73? Did you just recently buy it a few months back?

yeh mate bought it as a daily

mark1414
Post #2125

ah ok. I went to look at it, the guy stuffed me around a bit. he ended up texting me a few days later saying he sold it for more than we agreed upon but by that point I was over the whole thing. it was pretty rusty but would have made an ok daily with a cleanup.

1.5jz cressida
Post #2126

how much did you agree on? there was nothing wrong with it, i havent had any dramas at all. im getting it painted got wheels but i want something new already haha

mark1414
Post #2127

3k I think. yeah we only went for a quick drive in it. I asked him if he could use his trade plate to drive the car over the gateway (20mins max). said he couldnt. so I said I would get a permit and pick it up. he texted me the day before saying the battery might be flat and the windscreen wipers need new rubbers. I said no trouble I can jump start it and I dont think its going to rain. he then called me the next day saying the pod filter might not be secured and the colant might not be topped up to full. even told me he would pay half the towing... all this just made me think he didnt want me to drive it (i dunno why cause I would have bought it by then??) all it did was piss me off, so I wasnt disapointed to hear he sold it to somone else, although we still had an agreement.

BLO-DIS
Post #2128

Dont Venture here much, but was just looking at pics and seen this thread, thought I might tell you about my MX83
Bought it about 2 weeks ago, unfinished project, stock 1jz out of a JZX90 all wired up but g/box wasnt in it. So far I have pulled the motor out, stripped all unnecessary wiring, fitted motor again, custom steam pipe manifold, Garret 35r with a 1.06 rear, 3.5 inch exhaust, new timing belt kit, new JZZ30 water pump. I.D 1000 injectors. BPS fuel rail. Twin 044s and a 2.5litre surge tank. Haltech Platnium Sport 1000. MV auto 4000rpm convertor, shift controller and valve body in the stock A340. And a ZEX nitrous kit. smile.gif

danmcccc
Post #2129

QUOTE (BLO-DIS @ Aug 5 2012, 09:26 AM) *
Dont Venture here much, but was just looking at pics and seen this thread, thought I might tell you about my MX83
Bought it about 2 weeks ago, unfinished project, stock 1jz out of a JZX90 all wired up but g/box wasnt in it. So far I have pulled the motor out, stripped all unnecessary wiring, fitted motor again, custom steam pipe manifold, Garret 35r with a 1.06 rear, 3.5 inch exhaust, new timing belt kit, new JZZ30 water pump. I.D 1000 injectors. BPS fuel rail. Twin 044s and a 2.5litre surge tank. Haltech Platnium Sport 1000. MV auto 4000rpm convertor, shift controller and valve body in the stock A340. And a ZEX nitrous kit. smile.gif

sounds like a good recipe for high 10's mate biggrin.gif why the 1.06 rear??? :S

BLO-DIS
Post #2130

Same rear that was on the turbo when I got it given to me, being a budget build I will leave it for now and just use the gas to help it onto the convertor smile.gif

1.5jz cressida
Post #2131

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Aug 4 2012, 11:22 PM) *
3k I think. yeah we only went for a quick drive in it. I asked him if he could use his trade plate to drive the car over the gateway (20mins max). said he couldnt. so I said I would get a permit and pick it up. he texted me the day before saying the battery might be flat and the windscreen wipers need new rubbers. I said no trouble I can jump start it and I dont think its going to rain. he then called me the next day saying the pod filter might not be secured and the colant might not be topped up to full. even told me he would pay half the towing... all this just made me think he didnt want me to drive it (i dunno why cause I would have bought it by then??) all it did was piss me off, so I wasnt disapointed to hear he sold it to somone else, although we still had an agreement.

ah fair enough i saw brendan must of been talking about you then said his mate went to look, i bought it for 3k, when the fuel is low ( 1/4 fuel by the fuel gauge) it struggles to stay alive so keep it topped up never had a drama bought new battery had a service new exhaust getting it re sprayed in gun metel grey got some enkies for it but as i said kinda want something different. but a great car smile.gif

mark1414
Post #2132

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Aug 5 2012, 07:46 PM) *
ah fair enough i saw brendan must of been talking about you then said his mate went to look, i bought it for 3k, when the fuel is low ( 1/4 fuel by the fuel gauge) it struggles to stay alive so keep it topped up never had a drama bought new battery had a service new exhaust getting it re sprayed in gun metel grey got some enkies for it but as i said kinda want something different. but a great car smile.gif

Nah that wasn't me. I think someone else looked at with the thought of turning it into a track car. I had plans to do the same as you, clean it up paint it a nice colour, some wheels and maybe a w58! You should post it up when your done.

danmcccc
Post #2133

well sean ran into problems tuning my 1j...he was stumped when it made a stupidly responsive 300rwhp on 19psi!!! WTF checked everything! to find out why it just didnt make power, right down to exhaust back pressure to find that someone in the past has had a play and advanced the timing on both int and exh 1 tooth...which ive worked out to be between 7.5 degrees advance!!!! so ERD have pulled the front of the engine apart to put it back to how its meant to be and we shall see what it makes probly tomorrow..grrrrr

Dan

WotLag
Post #2135

Any of you dudes entering powercruise?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 61 of 64
Jump to page
17 User(s) are reading this topic (17 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x