rolla boi
  • rolla boi
  • Budding User
  • Member No.: 71,716
Post #1 post 22nd January 2012 - 02:38 AM
[b]Engine: 327ci Chev

[b]Exhaust: Extractors and 3inch straight through

[b]Suspension: Lowered all round, munroe rear shocks

[b]Wheels: Pursuits 15x7, 15x9(I think :/)

[b]Modifications: Secret wink.gif

[b]Stereo Audio / Visual: Who needs one

[b]Estimated Power: 400hp

Hi guys, Just recently got my hands on this Hz styleside. The car has belonged to my stepdad for the last 10yrs and finally it belongs to me. He lost motivation so the car pretty much hasn't been touched for at least 7yrs. I plan to fully restore it but in the meantime I plan to get it on the road and DRIVE IT smile.gif. Well I post up the build as I go

First day getting it home I soon found out after 7yrs of being in the shed the brakes were seized, not as bad as first thought though but still was an effort to get on and off the trailer. Spent the first day cleaning the rear drums and ordered the new caliper seals for the front.

This post has been edited by rolla boi: Jan 22 2012, 02:40 AM
1978 Holden Hz Styleside Ute

--------------------

QUOTE (warney @ Jun 4 2011, 02:08 PM) *
lucky you dont have to write your answers any more to get a licence hey champ, otherwise you'd be fucked and still getting the bus.....

Check out these other rides...

Comments

• Boost Network 17
  • Gerry Giraffe
    Post #2

Awesome looking project. Im kinda really jelly atm lol Are you going to make a build thread or just update it here?? Im interested in how it comes out. Good luck with it anyways mate!

gutless
    Post #3

Nice one!

Prem front biggrin.gif Good luck with it mate!

rolla boi
    Post #4

QUOTE (Gerry Giraffe @ Jan 22 2012, 08:48 PM) *
    Awesome looking project. Im kinda really jelly atm lol Are you going to make a build thread or just update it here?? Im interested in how it comes out. Good luck with it anyways mate!

Haha cheers mate, I feel like a little kid being able to call this finally mine. I'll just update through this thread as I go.

666 FC
    Post #5

Looks good mate but 400hp is a good power figure for a 327. My dads 383 only got 460hp on a full rebuild

rolla boi
    Post #6

QUOTE (666 FC @ Jan 22 2012, 09:23 PM) *
    Looks good mate but 400hp is a good power figure for a 327. My dads 383 only got 460hp on a full rebuild

Yeah it was rebuilt(about 9yrs ago) and has about 3000klms on the engine. The engine is mildly modified too btw

Gerry Giraffe
    Post #7

QUOTE (rolla boi @ Jan 22 2012, 09:12 PM) *
    Haha cheers mate, I feel like a little kid being able to call this finally mine. I'll just update through this thread as I go.

I could imagine how you feel lol Ill be eagerly awaiting progress updates!

Old Style
    Post #8

That looks like a pretty tidy HZ. Keep away from the colours the last owner appeared to be trialling in the engine bay.... cool.gif

rolla boi
    Post #9

QUOTE (Gerry Giraffe @ Jan 22 2012, 10:16 PM) *
    I could imagine how you feel lol Ill be eagerly awaiting progress updates!

Stay tuned smile.gif, once it's regoed I'll be restoring panel by panel

QUOTE (Old Style @ Jan 22 2012, 10:26 PM) *
    That looks like a pretty tidy HZ. Keep away from the colours the last owner appeared to be trialling in the engine bay.... cool.gif

yeah so far it looks quite tidy, soon will find out when get sections back to bare metal. Haha and yeah going to stay away from those abstract colours

TwinCam16
    Post #10

Where are your inner guards

rolla boi
    Post #11

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Jan 23 2012, 12:25 PM) *
    Where are your inner guards

In the tray, I only semi assembled the front end when transporting it. Will probably put it all back together on the weekend, too busy with cashies the last weekend :/

rolla boi
    Post #12

Gerry Giraffe
    Post #13

What happened??

Gerry Giraffe
    Post #14

Did you ditch this project or what?? I was looking forward to seeing this one come together lol

rolla boi
    Post #15

Okay well since I totally forgot I had a build thread on here it hasn't been updated.

Okay well I decided to tear down the engine to find out where my issues involving blowby were coming from. Found this SAD FACE

rolla boi
    Post #16

So I decided to remove the engine to get the block checked for bore wall thickness.

While stripping the motor down I found a 4 bolt 350 block with std bore I couldn't say no too(waiting on it to arrive).

Okay since the engine build is on hold while I wait on the block I thought it would be the perfect time to start repairing the scuttle and plenum. Man removing this was a bitch and I nearly gave up too many times.
    Patience and persistence, two of the things that I don't have lol

rolla boi
    Post #17

A few more pics of the plenum, once removed I'll start the patch work as I don't own a mig YET and will have to do it at work.

Gerry Giraffe
    Post #18

Oooo rust! I hate rust lol I assume its a fairly common place to find it there??

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x