2006 Subaru Impreza 2.0 R S  

jre35
  • jre35
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 197,010
Post #1 post 29th March 2012 - 08:45 PM
Just an update.

Engine: EJ20 2.0 Litre Boxer engine.

Exhaust: 2 1\4" from headers back installed by Rob Bliss exhaust with a 3" tip.

Suspension: Just the standard, looking to upgrade.

Wheels: 2006 WRX rims.

Modifications: P-plate usual.

Stereo Audio / Visual: Kenwood 7" touch screen GPS, Bluetooth, Iphone connectivity.

Estimated Power: Power 118kW @ 6400rpm, Torque 186Nm @ 3200rpm.

Here it is, present day.

A 2006 Impreza 2.0R s. I originally had a small 2000 MX-5 as my first car but after a lot of saving I acquired a Jet ski and it just wasn't practical enough to tow. I found it on carsales and it had been owned by an older couple who recently updated to a BMW... They had all the log books and purchased this car new from their son who worked at Subaru. All servicing has been completed by Subaru and in the past 5 months of ownership I have experienced no problems.

What I have done so far:

I have installed a fully new custom 2 1/4 inch exhaust system from the headers back. A lot of people keep trying to tell me to get unequal length headers to get the real boxer sound. I am not a fan of overly excessive noise from a car so I have decided to pass on it. It still has a nice quiet rumble.

Second off I was researching about CAI and after a few weeks I was talked into saving a few hundred dollars and just bought a KN sports air filter to replace the old one.

I purchased some nice condition WRX rims off a guy who just bought sti rims and I think they are better than what the car originally came with.

I have installed a full Rockford Fosgate speaker system with a 7" Kenwood touchscreen radio/gps/bluetooth thing.

Currently I am looking at investing in some coilovers. If anyone could give me feedback/advice that would be great.

The last thing I picked up was a replica STI lip from ebay for 80 bucks. I saw no reason to get the real thing for 300 odd dollars.

This post has been edited by jre35: Mar 30 2012, 12:43 PM

Comments

• Boost Network 17
  • l-haigh
    Post #2

please dont ruin this with gay p plater mods...what you have in mind sounds great....it looks to be in great condition

bigrig91
    Post #3

don't change a thing this looks good

jre35
    Post #4

QUOTE (bigrig91 @ Mar 29 2012, 09:11 PM) *
    don't change a thing this looks good

Thanks but I wouldn't mind it being a little bit lower. Not ridiculously low though.

jre35
    Post #5

QUOTE (l-haigh @ Mar 29 2012, 08:48 PM) *
    please dont ruin this with gay p plater mods...what you have in mind sounds great....it looks to be in great condition

Thanks. Yeah not going to do that. I am happy the way it is.

sr_silvia
    Post #6

Like what you have done. Dropping it a bit lower would make it perfect. IMO if you are going to change the induction don't get a pod filter unless your going to invest in a proper aftermarket CAI setup. Replace your current filter with a K&N one and keep the standard box, If I still had them on my R33 I'd be changing it. These are great all round cars.

jre35
    Post #7

QUOTE (sr_silvia @ Mar 29 2012, 09:27 PM) *
    Like what you have done. Dropping it a bit lower would make it perfect. IMO if you are going to change the induction don't get a pod filter unless your going to invest in a proper aftermarket CAI setup. Replace your current filter with a K&N one and keep the standard box, If I still had them on my R33 I'd be changing it. These are great all round cars.

Thanks man. Not to be rude but I wrote above that I currently have the K&N sports filter in the standard box. A mate told me a CAI didn't do much to his car. Maybe different for a turbo charged, etc. car though. So I opted for this alternative.

mark1414
    Post #8

Saw this on Creek Road the other week.

sr_silvia
    Post #9

QUOTE (jre35 @ Mar 29 2012, 09:40 PM) *
    Thanks man. Not to be rude but I wrote above that I currently have the K&N sports filter in the standard box. A mate told me a CAI didn't do much to his car. Maybe different for a turbo charged, etc. car though. So I opted for this alternative.

I see it now head_wall.gif

I had a cold air intake/custom box on my S13, didn't make a noticeable difference but it served its purpose of stopping dust/water etc getting in.

jre35
    Post #10

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Mar 29 2012, 09:44 PM) *
    Saw this on Creek Road the other week.

Good spot then, I'm never that side of town. Was my cousins birthday. Haha.

OUTLANDER
    Post #11

very tidy, i bought BC coilovers for my 02 liberty they are great with a huge range of height so you can wind them right down

Who dat
    Post #12

Looks good dude! would look good next to my mates 06 wrx smile.gif

codey92
    Post #13

looks good man, good thing you didnt go for the unequal length extractors, they sound and run better on equal length

socal
    Post #14

Who do you think you are coming in here with your good grammar and respectable mods on your P plate car? That is not how Boost works!

OT, tidy ride, do like. Glad to see you aren't trying to make it something it's not. A little bit lower would definitely set it off though, and some swaybars wouldn't go astray. Good luck with it smile.gif

benji_xrt
    Post #15

Nice one very clean, keep it as is

jre35
    Post #16

QUOTE (OUTLANDER @ Mar 30 2012, 12:32 AM) *
    very tidy, i bought BC coilovers for my 02 liberty they are great with a huge range of height so you can wind them right down

Thanks. I have been told HR make a good set of coilovers and are pretty cost effective. Being a Uni student I can't afford to splurge out too much.

QUOTE (Who dat @ Mar 30 2012, 12:37 AM) *
    Looks good dude! would look good next to my mates 06 wrx smile.gif

Thanks mate.

QUOTE (codey92 @ Mar 30 2012, 07:11 AM) *
    looks good man, good thing you didnt go for the unequal length extractors, they sound and run better on equal length

Yeah, some people have told me they don't run very well on the UEL.

QUOTE (socal @ Mar 30 2012, 08:08 AM) *
    Who do you think you are coming in here with your good grammar and respectable mods on your P plate car? That is not how Boost works!

OT, tidy ride, do like. Glad to see you aren't trying to make it something it's not. A little bit lower would definitely set it off though, and some swaybars wouldn't go astray. Good luck with it smile.gif

Hahahahaha! Thanks man I will have a look into some sway bars and see if it's worth the time... I only have a few months left on the p-plates.

QUOTE (benji_xrt @ Mar 30 2012, 11:15 AM) *
    Nice one very clean, keep it as is

Thanks man. I plan to keep it the way it is apart from dropping it a little.

bmw23
    Post #17

no point with pod its na just do sway bars and coils

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

14 User(s) are reading this topic (14 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x