Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 58 of 64
Jump to page
WotLag
Post #1996

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Feb 12 2012, 08:38 AM) *
this is what i would recommend for drift car t66 would be to laggy, these make more power than a gt35 and less lag and cheaper its a win win. if you want one let me know

precision turbo

Looks good man. Seem to have some good reviews on them too. Can u pm me price on what u can get one for?

1.5jz cressida
Post #1997

well the set up that i got saw my mate to 700, i just want 550-600 to get used to this car and new turbo.

pig060
Post #1998

550-600 is heaps. ull be having trouble even getting that to the ground smile.gif

SleepyCressida
Post #1999

What Spark plugs you guys running?
I just swapped over and through some new ones in, exact same as my old ones (NGK) and soon as boost kicks in she misfires. I've returned the set of Spark plugs and got new ones but she does the same.
So can anyone tell me what they running in their 1J?

Thanks

pig060
Post #2000

how much boost are you running? mine was misfiring with about 20psi with the factory coils. normally its the ignitor not being able to keep up hence why the misfire. you can buy boosters for them but for the price your better off getting different coils with built in ignitors. i have 2nz coils from a (dear i say lol) toyota yaris hahahahaha but they work really well and cost fuck all. no misfire at all with 23psi that im on and i got them for 20bucks each wink.gif

1.5jz cressida
Post #2001

SleepyCressida
Post #2002

QUOTE (pig060 @ Feb 12 2012, 07:03 PM) *
how much boost are you running? mine was misfiring with about 20psi with the factory coils. normally its the ignitor not being able to keep up hence why the misfire. you can buy boosters for them but for the price your better off getting different coils with built in ignitors. i have 2nz coils from a (dear i say lol) toyota yaris hahahahaha but they work really well and cost fuck all. no misfire at all with 23psi that im on and i got them for 20bucks each wink.gif

20PSI, running SuperSpark aftermarket coils. The old NGK plugs ($5 each) worked fine, than I got a new set exactly the same. And started misfiring. Put old plugs back in, and works fine.

pig060
Post #2003

QUOTE (SleepyCressida @ Feb 12 2012, 08:09 PM) *
20PSI, running SuperSpark aftermarket coils. The old NGK plugs ($5 each) worked fine, than I got a new set exactly the same. And started misfiring. Put old plugs back in, and works fine.

you may need to change the spark plug gap to suit. from what i heard those superspark coils are no better then factory but its not just that its also that the ignitor cant give enough spark to 6 coils when the boost is up higher.

bazr33
Post #2004

QUOTE (SleepyCressida @ Feb 12 2012, 09:09 PM) *

I also have the superspark coils in my car. The other thing you need to check is hairline split/cracks where the bolt holes are.
Mine started to get them on one coil not long having them on the car, which resulted in shorting out and missfires.

Bit of nail polish on them and good as new. What NGK plugs are you running?
I have found the best plugs to use were the BKR6E's, but apparently the 7's aren't too bad either/ or suppose to be better when running more boost.

sleepercorty
Post #2005

QUOTE (SleepyCressida @ Feb 12 2012, 08:09 PM) *

have you changed plugs before in the car, sounds like the old ones had been gapped down?

bkr6e are okay up to around 20psi, after that you want to go to a bkr7e gapped down depending on what coils you are running. 7's are colder better for the increased cylinder pressure/heat helps stop detonation. after 25-30psi its a good idea to go to a 8 heat range they dont make bkr8e so you have to go to a r5671a-8 v power. i have used these plugs up to 40psi with a .65mm spark gap and never had a drama, im running a dirty ef falcon coil pack set up cost $150 for coil and leads (new) and as they are batch fire its set up to fire as pairs so by far the cheapest and best method in my opinion, everyone told me that it was crap and wouldnt work but i enjoy proving people wrong, its not always about spending the most money my car is budget, fast, reliable. can give you more info on setting it up if you need

SleepyCressida
Post #2006

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Feb 12 2012, 09:22 PM) *
have you changed plugs before in the car, sounds like the old ones had been gapped down?

bkr6e are okay up to around 20psi, after that you want to go to a bkr7e gapped down depending on what coils you are running. 7's are colder better for the increased cylinder pressure/heat helps stop detonation. after 25-30psi its a good idea to go to a 8 heat range they dont make bkr8e so you have to go to a r5671a-8 v power. i have used these plugs up to 40psi with a .65mm spark gap and never had a drama, im running a dirty ef falcon coil pack set up cost $150 for coil and leads (new) and as they are batch fire its set up to fire as pairs so by far the cheapest and best method in my opinion, everyone told me that it was crap and wouldnt work but i enjoy proving people wrong, its not always about spending the most money my car is budget, fast, reliable. can give you more info on setting it up if you need

Thanks for the replies, going to buy a feeler gauge later on to measure the old ones compared to new. Hopefully will sort it out.

bazr33
Post #2007

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Feb 12 2012, 09:22 PM) *

Just curious with the r5671a-8 v power plugs, if you have access to these plugs, or grabbing them from the states?

I thought I would use them next when I change my plugs, as I will be getting into/past the 25psi range soon.

WotLag
Post #2008

Hey guys. Flagged the t66 idea. Tonite i picked up a garrett gt3076 and tial 38mm gate with screamer biggrin.gif:D

sleepercorty
Post #2009

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Feb 14 2012, 09:40 PM) *
Just curious with the r5671a-8 v power plugs, if you have access to these plugs, or grabbing them from the states?

I thought I would use them next when I change my plugs, as I will be getting into/past the 25psi range soon.

yeh they are easy to get a hold of i keep around 40 in stock they are around $8 each

bazr33
Post #2010

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Feb 18 2012, 05:22 PM) *
yeh they are easy to get a hold of i keep around 40 in stock they are around $8 each

Do you reckon you would be able to bring a set with you on the cruise if your still attending?

I have found them pretty cheap from the U.S. but then you pay for postage.

sleepercorty
Post #2011

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Feb 18 2012, 05:57 PM) *
Do you reckon you would be able to bring a set with you on the cruise if your still attending?

I have found them pretty cheap from the U.S. but then you pay for postage.

yeh i keep a spare set in the car all the time anyway

bazr33
Post #2012

Does anyone know the auto tranmission fitting size on the bottom of the cressida radiator?

pig060
Post #2013

not much going on in here lol. havnt touched mine for weeks. just got myself a jzx81 rack so hopeing that will fix my light powersteering issue.

bazr33
Post #2014

Derek and Dan are currently welding in a sump into my fuel tank and fitting a big single fuel pump. More boot space for me.

Couple of other little bits and pieces then raising the boost. bring it on!!

We seriously need to look a little bit more into the cruise, and whether we stick wit the 14th ,which there wont be a test and tune.

Whether its just more of a meet and greet and check other peoples rides, and more of a chat as to organise a great cruise another time

pig060
Post #2015

im up for anthing smile.gif

1.5jz cressida
Post #2016

the cressida is getting there it is working and driving, we gotta sort some minor stuff out but yeh

when you guys did the brake upgrade did you have drama getting the booster to work?

pig060
Post #2017

nope doing the brake upgrade was easyer then pulling off the factory stuff lol. just blead up fine for me.

1.5jz cressida
Post #2018

so your standard booster is working fine????? i think mine is just shagged sad.gif

pig060
Post #2019

yep standed booster/master

blackers10
Post #2020

well my motor is def broken, got 50psi dry and 90 wet in number 3 and 70 dry and 130 wet in number 5
so gotta keep saving my cabbage and rip the bitch out and either source a good motor cheap cheap or just strip and rebuild.

got the wife to pickup some bolts so i can bolt it to the engine stand but the numbers she got off my computer didn't factor in the length of the holes in the stand so have to return them and get longer ones *doh*

glad to see everybody elses builds are goin awesome

pig060
Post #2021

just find another 1j. you can get them cheap enough if you look around. then you can build that one if you want something fast smile.gif

jac89
Post #2022

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Mar 19 2012, 09:16 PM) *
Derek and Dan are currently welding in a sump into my fuel tank and fitting a big single fuel pump. More boot space for me.

Couple of other little bits and pieces then raising the boost. bring it on!!

We seriously need to look a little bit more into the cruise, and whether we stick wit the 14th ,which there wont be a test and tune.

Whether its just more of a meet and greet and check other peoples rides, and more of a chat as to organise a great cruise another time

Meet and great sounds good, lock it in!

bazr33
Post #2023

Sunday should be the day that the key is turned again, with the install of the new pump, fuel reg etc.
Looks like I maybe running E85 and boost will be getting wound up.

Would it be a good idea, to purchase some sort of test kit when filling up on e85 at servos?

pig060
Post #2024

i test mine each time i get e85 but it seems to be the same. alot of guys at efi dont even bother and havn't had any dramas. you can buy a 2j2 wideband unit that will save your engine incase it does lean out. sean users them on a few cars and i think ill get one too.

Anchor
Post #2025

Someone should buy mine. 9k.

bazr33
Post #2026

QUOTE (pig060 @ Mar 22 2012, 08:47 PM) *
i test mine each time i get e85 but it seems to be the same. alot of guys at efi dont even bother and havn't had any dramas. you can buy a 2j2 wideband unit that will save your engine incase it does lean out. sean users them on a few cars and i think ill get one too.

Yeah I have a wideband unit installed. just not sure if its setup. will have to check next time its in for tuning, which maybe next week.
see what happens.

1.5jz cressida
Post #2027

ok so hear are some pics of the car as she sits now

what you think??

pig060
Post #2028

^^^^GAY hahahahaha nar looking sweet dude. have you got it all sorted???

Who dat
Post #2029

Hey guys i need some help,
im buying a cressida the owner told me it wont start because of the sensor?

Would anyone know how to fix it or how much it would cost?
Also does anyone know any good sites where i can get parts etc?

88shatls
Post #2030

Have been looking for a few weeks now and can't find any one selling a mx83 drive side door handle . Can any one help me out .my is all cracked. In box me or message me on 0414774339 i live in bundaberg but keen for a drive to get one . Or I can pay for it to be posted

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 58 of 64
Jump to page
22 User(s) are reading this topic (22 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x