Harry's Diner - Thursday Nights - -Open to all Vehicles-  

Page 23 of 25
Jump to page
eXo
Post #771

tell your brother to tell those police to eat a d!ck...

If he's the owner of the vehicle and/or is authorised to drive it plus if the vehicle is not 'dangerously' parked then it's not an offence.

It *would be an offence if it were parked there for days and started to rack up tickets etc without being able to contact the last known owner to prove ownership.. that's a different story.

They're fishing for tickets, take it to court and stick that ticket hard up their @$$e$

bop001
Post #772

Meh i dont see the difference.

Whats the difference between an officer seeing a dodgy car on the road, taking the number plate then issuing a notice to the owner to submit it for inspection / or seeing a clearly modded car in a carpark and issuing the notice?

eXo
Post #773

because they take advantage of the fact that most will no persue in court.
It's about destroying the bad police officers credibility.

which makes me think. There should be a rate-my-cop website!!!!

jon89
Post #774

i was there last night and i have to say it was a pretty average night considering everyone was leaving at around 8:10pm.. there was heaps of people standing on the footpath as we drove threw also yelling out "skid it @#$!".. what happened to the good old days of a car meet where ppl meet up for the sake of loving there cars meeting new ppl etc etc now all it seems to be about is skids and bogans organising where there gonna skid after harrys lol.. police will continue to go to meets such as harrys and so on until there satisfied that things have settled down and ppl have learnt a lesson. my guess is they dont touch munchies as much because its a bunch of older ppl just chilling out enjoying each others pride and joy yer ppl give it abit when they leave there but they know when to stop unlike ppl at harrys. my thoughts are its not that hard to just go to a meet and leave the same way u came in that way they would more then likely not hang around as much as they do but why they continue todo the shit they do at harrys,munchies jdm meets etc the more cops will be all over it. As for defective cars i dont know to much about it but just do light mods until you get off your ps then do more illegal shit once youve got the points to back it up. Thats my two cents worth anyway hope everyone who got defected sorts it out..

Easy way out of defects is jump in someone elses car haha tongue.gif

wasas
Post #775

Vote #1 HP Plod!

PIG208
Post #776

QUOTE (jon89 @ Feb 3 2012, 03:47 PM) *
i was there last night and i have to say it was a pretty average night considering everyone was leaving at around 8:10pm.. there was heaps of people standing on the footpath as we drove threw also yelling out "skid it @#$!".. what happened to the good old days of a car meet where ppl meet up for the sake of loving there cars meeting new ppl etc etc now all it seems to be about is skids and bogans organising where there gonna skid after harrys lol.. police will continue to go to meets such as harrys and so on until there satisfied that things have settled down and ppl have learnt a lesson. my guess is they dont touch munchies as much because its a bunch of older ppl just chilling out enjoying each others pride and joy yer ppl give it abit when they leave there but they know when to stop unlike ppl at harrys. my thoughts are its not that hard to just go to a meet and leave the same way u came in that way they would more then likely not hang around as much as they do but why they continue todo the shit they do at harrys,munchies jdm meets etc the more cops will be all over it. As for defective cars i dont know to much about it but just do light mods until you get off your ps then do more illegal shit once youve got the points to back it up. Thats my two cents worth anyway hope everyone who got defected sorts it out..

Easy way out of defects is jump in someone elses car haha tongue.gif

Very true, there doesn't seem to be many of the old school rides blazing tyres when leaving Harry's
But i've been there on a thursday night and the amount of fuckwits that think they're bad ass
cause they did a big poofta hook while turning onto the main road is crazy.

It's those that will fuck Harry's up for everyone.

And you wonder why the cops rock up.....

As for defects and shit like that, how hard is it to make sure the mods/changes you make are legal?

John Mkiv
Post #777

I don't have a problem with the defect notice I received my car was legal apart from how loud it is and not having side mirrors so I have to wait for the police to give the insurance company the report so they can find out who is liable.
My main problem last night was the lack of knowledge the officer had that was inspecting my car and how they were labeling everyone a "Hoon". As soon as It started raining he said all you joins love this weather don't you? Etc..

Oh well...

bmw23
Post #778

bogans taking a piss on the bush is fucked!

PIG208
Post #779

QUOTE (John Mkiv @ Feb 3 2012, 05:09 PM) *
I don't have a problem with the defect notice I received my car was legal apart from how loud it is and not having side mirrors so I have to wait for the police to give the insurance company the report so they can find out who is liable.
My main problem last night was the lack of knowledge the officer had that was inspecting my car and how they were labeling everyone a "Hoon". As soon as It started raining he said all you joins love this weather don't you? Etc..

Oh well...

My reply wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

The being labelled a hoon is par for the course.

They don't care whether you're a hoon or not, you're just a

name & licence number on a yellow ticket

53XXN_ST80
Post #780

Apparently there is a big cop presence at munchies tonight.. I know its probably a nationwide sting, but you cant help but think that all this skidding and loitering (spelling) the streets at harrys didnt have anything to do with them hitting munchies tonight..

90.PSI
Post #781

What we need is someone who owns a big paddok so we can all meet there and the cops cant do shit while we are there. But i guess they will just do the same as they already do, set up defect stations before and after you go in.

It just sux for Harry's cause they are loosing customers because of the wankers who drop skids at the front of his shop, the cops come, they defect ALOT of cars (even if they are behaving) then make people not want to come back because of the police. Im all for the police to be there if any one drops a skid or drifts then throw the book at them but just leave the defect stations out of it. All they need to do is cruise around harry's in a 5- 10 k radius and they will still get the odd 1 or 2 but at least give us a chance to enjoy a night without getting ass raped by the cops. but defect stations 500m up the road either way is just beyond the joke.

Sad to say Harry's is dead or at least out of the question for ALOT of potential customers.

stevocharged
Post #782

QUOTE (90.PSI @ Feb 3 2012, 08:25 PM) *
What we need is someone who owns a big paddok so we can all meet there and the cops cant do shit while we are there. But i guess they will just do the same as they already do, set up defect stations before and after you go in.

It just sux for Harry's cause they are loosing customers because of the wankers who drop skids at the front of his shop, the cops come, they defect ALOT of cars (even if they are behaving) then make people not want to come back because of the police. Im all for the police to be there if any one drops a skid or drifts then throw the book at them but just leave the defect stations out of it. All they need to do is cruise around harry's in a 5- 10 k radius and they will still get the odd 1 or 2 but at least give us a chance to enjoy a night without getting ass raped by the cops. but defect stations 500m up the road either way is just beyond the joke.

Sad to say Harry's is dead or at least out of the question for ALOT of potential customers.

This has been done before, people complain, insurance costs, etc.

GUN-808
Post #783

QUOTE (Stressball @ Feb 3 2012, 12:18 PM) *
There has not been a single one in the last 2 years. Why would it change now? Although, there are a lot more imports rocking up in the last month or two I suppose.

because they can sad.gif and its a given it WILL earn them revenue sad.gif

although, to have SO MUCH Police presence and SO MANY cars/officers crack down on an area u have to ask
really are they covering their costs with their defects or just hellbent on fucking up the car community as a whole..
it must have cost them 10s of '000s to have that many officers/cars there tonight.. dunno.gif dunno.gif

stevocharged
Post #784

Who's going tonight biggrin.gif

iBrettowski
Post #785

QUOTE (stevocharged @ Feb 9 2012, 02:27 PM) *
Who's going tonight biggrin.gif

Thinking the same thing myself

bmw23
Post #786

Harry's Diner tonight Pre meet Mt cootha run!

9/02/12

Harry's Pre meet up and Mt cootha run

Around 10 cars going so far meeting starts at arond 5:30 - 6:30 Then drive up Mt cootha then harry's

If anyones keen

PM ME what car your taking and I will PM you the meeting point

stevocharged
Post #787

I'm going, don't really care about cops.

DEFECT ME BRO.

INVU
Post #788

QUOTE (stevocharged @ Feb 9 2012, 03:44 PM) *
I'm going, don't really care about cops.

DEFECT ME BRO.

you wont be saying that when you have no licence unsure.gif

stevocharged
Post #789

I have 12 points, hence the "come at me, bro".

Hurrdurr, rock up in a non-import/jap/modified car, trololol.

Corners
Post #790

QUOTE (90.PSI @ Feb 3 2012, 07:04 AM) *
if you are in a car park like harry's or the shopping center next door, your on private property not goverment so they cant defect you?.

As per the Road Use Management Act, Car parks fall under a public place:

public place means a place—
(a) of public resort open to or used by the public as of right;
or
(b) for the time being—
(i) used for a public purpose; or
(ii) open to access by the public;Schedule 4
Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995
Reprint 12B effective 30 January 2012 Page 533
whether on payment or otherwise; or
© open to access by the public by the express or tacit
consent or sufferance of the owner of that place, whether
the place is or is not always open to the public;
but does not include—
(d) a track that at the material time is being used as a course
for racing or testing motor vehicles and from which
other traffic is excluded during that use; or
(e) a road; or
(f) a place declared under a regulation not to be a public
place.

Corners
Post #791

QUOTE (stevocharged @ Feb 9 2012, 04:13 PM) *

If you have 12 points how do you still have a license?
The system works that you accumulate them not lose them...

stevocharged
Post #792

QUOTE (Corners @ Feb 9 2012, 05:42 PM) *
If you have 12 points how do you still have a license?
The system works that you accumulate them not lose them...

Well you know have nothing against my name!

INVU
Post #793

QUOTE (stevocharged @ Feb 9 2012, 04:13 PM) *

hurr durr, since when do you have to drive a certain car to go look at a certain car, hurr durr.

you're such an idiot.

iBrettowski
Post #794

I didn't end up going, went to the drifts instead..

Mianus
Post #795

Partner & I went for the first time in ages.
Wasn't a lot of old school muscle there tonight, only really seen a HQ, a Chevy Nova and my XY. Bit of a shame.
i guess Munchies is more for that style yeah?

Dai.
Post #796

QUOTE (Mianus @ Feb 9 2012, 08:41 PM) *
Wasn't a lot of old school muscle there tonight, only really seen a HQ, a Chevy Nova and my XY. Bit of a shame.

Yeah it is but apparently there are alot more imports over there on Friday nights.

the_random_hero
Post #797

QUOTE (Mianus @ Feb 9 2012, 08:41 PM) *

Douchebag lowbreeds have taken over Harry's, Munchies seems to be filled with bogans (but every time I've been there they've been VERY well behaved which is a credit to them), Kosmo's seems to attract a mixed crowd and some really nice cars

Mianus
Post #798

Everyone seemed well behaved tonight also,
When is the meet at Kosmos? and where is this?

iBrettowski
Post #799

Harry's old school meet is usually the first Friday of every month, but it got washed out last week so I do believe it is on next week..

so that's the reason why there was barely are old school at Harry's

as for Kosmo's, everysingle saturday at Kosmo's

88BIN
Post #800

Was rather quiet tonight... think a few people were scared of the popo after last week

4x4_Commodore
Post #801

QUOTE (90.PSI @ Feb 3 2012, 08:25 PM) *
Im all for the police to be there if any one drops a skid or drifts then throw the book at them but just leave the defect stations out of it, but defect stations 500m up the road either way is just beyond the joke.

Defect stations are there to keep unroadworthy (and think about those words for a moment) cars off the road. Qld police need to reduce the road death toll and their going to do that with a strong presence and making our roads safer. This isn't just a sting at you for the sake of it, but a ploy to get illegal cars off the road- hopefully permanently.

Drive a defective car = run the risk of being caught.

bmw23
Post #802

was allright last night few bogans in bommos putting thier foot down on the carpark? dont know why

DZRM
Post #803

QUOTE (4x4_Commodore @ Feb 10 2012, 07:59 AM) *
Defect stations are there to keep unroadworthy (and think about those words for a moment) cars off the road. Qld police need to reduce the road death toll and their going to do that with a strong presence and making our roads safer. This isn't just a sting at you for the sake of it, but a ploy to get illegal cars off the road- hopefully permanently.

Wake up to yourself DICKHEAD defective cars are not the reason for the high road toll. It`s the wankers that cannot drive and not just the kids on P plates either. I have never seen a cab (biggest heaps of shit on our roads) or to many family cars in a defect station, only something that looks modded. Take a drive along some of our highways/country roads and look at the state of them. head_wall.gif

Kane
Post #804

QUOTE (4x4_Commodore @ Feb 10 2012, 09:59 AM) *

Fuck, i knew not having my gearshift pattern on my gear knob was going to kill old granny Jane and her 5 kittens.

ajr1990
Post #805

QUOTE (DZRM @ Feb 10 2012, 03:06 PM) *
Wake up to yourself DICKHEAD defective cars are not the reason for the high road toll. It`s the wankers that cannot drive and not just the kids on P plates either. I have never seen a cab (biggest heaps of shit on our roads) or to many family cars in a defect station, only something that looks modded. Take a drive along some of our highways/country roads and look at the state of them. head_wall.gif

Im afraid i have to agree! There are more unroadworthy family cars around that are "done up cars" that are defective. So many of these people are hypocritical of our cars that have been modified and when you look at there cars quiet often they haven't been serviced for long periods of time so there unreliable, have half flat tires, have bald tires and no brake pads or rotors left, but yet were the bad ones for increase car handling... go figure!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 23 of 25
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x