Page 57 of 64
Jump to page
pig060
Post #1961

^^^^ pics???

sherm32
Post #1962

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Dec 26 2011, 06:01 PM) *
normal street tires the mt's didnt fit so we thought we'd go for shits and gigs and busted that, my 60 is shit easy 10sec car

Your car has been an easy xxxx car since i owned a jz cressida back in the day. Less talk more action.

WotLag
Post #1963

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jan 15 2012, 07:19 PM) *
^^^^ pics???

Yea iphone wont let me upload.. I have a few on my phone tho? Pm me e-mail n il send a few

1.5jz cressida
Post #1964

QUOTE (sherm32 @ Jan 15 2012, 08:48 PM) *
Your car has been an easy xxxx car since i owned a jz cressida back in the day. Less talk more action.

if the fucking car would stay in one piece, but hey look at the facts, and tell me it wouldnt do a 10.........

pig060
Post #1965

hey dan how much power did it have when you did the 11@128 i dont think i ever read a power figure? got any new pics to upload?

1.5jz cressida
Post #1966

was like 440hp or something like that never got a print off because was just a run in tune

pig060
Post #1967

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jan 15 2012, 10:05 PM) *
was like 440hp or something like that never got a print off because was just a run in tune

must have been more then that? i only ran 120mph with 449?

1.5jz cressida
Post #1968

that was 900+nm we stripped it out plus mine is auto

pig060
Post #1969

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jan 15 2012, 10:12 PM) *
that was 900+nm we stripped it out plus mine is auto

yeah mine is still full fat ass weight lol. if anything the auto would lose mph over manual due to having a higher stall but ull get a much better time. mph shows how much a car is really making. dyno's are just a tuning tool. got any new pics of your car?

bazr33
Post #1970

hey, any of you guys had much experience with the th400 gearboxes?

I am looking at comparisons between the two and seems that the th400 is the way to go if im to push close to 500+hp.
Also the cost of rebuild parts etc and accessibility seems to be a bit better then the a340e.

My concern is now fitment and drivability on the street with a th400 gearbox.

anyway sounds like my exhaust manifold will be coated by friday and ready to put on, and exhaust shouldn't be too far away.
TB without the traction control has been done, and intake intercooler piping sorted
Some other little bits and pieces are being looked into aswell, while its there then should be off for tune, maybe in couple of weeks time...maybe.

See what happens

pig060
Post #1971

baz- th400 are good gearboxs but in standed form you will hurt it with your power goal so you will need to tuffen it up. a glide will be heaps better and even though it only has 2 gears it will still be streetable. for the cost of a built 400 i can get a mate i know build you a tuffer glide with transbrake. ill be going powerglide i reakon sometime very soon. glides dont drain that much power either.

sleepercorty
Post #1972

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Jan 16 2012, 08:52 AM) *
hey, any of you guys had much experience with the th400 gearboxes?

I am looking at comparisons between the two and seems that the th400 is the way to go if im to push close to 500+hp.
Also the cost of rebuild parts etc and accessibility seems to be a bit better then the a340e.

My concern is now fitment and drivability on the street with a th400 gearbox.

anyway sounds like my exhaust manifold will be coated by friday and ready to put on, and exhaust shouldn't be too far away.
TB without the traction control has been done, and intake intercooler piping sorted
Some other little bits and pieces are being looked into aswell, while its there then should be off for tune, maybe in couple of weeks time...maybe.

See what happens

you can build a a340 for under $2000 to handle 500rwkw so not sure why you would go back to a 3 speed t400? unless your looking at more than 500rwkw.

pig060
Post #1973

most guys cant build one for that unless they can do it them self or have a mate to do it. plus a transbrake makes life easyer at the line with the older style boxes wink.gif until you brake traction lol. me myself have never had any luck with toyota boxes so ill be steering away with the electronic crap and go old school. even the so called (unbrakable R154?) ive broken a couple of times lol. ive been in a few cars now with a glide and was very surpriced at how well it was on the street even with a big converter? each to there own i guess.

sleepercorty
Post #1974

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jan 16 2012, 08:36 PM) *
most guys cant build one for that unless they can do it them self or have a mate to do it. plus a transbrake makes life easyer at the line with the older style boxes wink.gif until you brake traction lol. me myself have never had any luck with toyota boxes so ill be steering away with the electronic crap and go old school. even the so called (unbrakable R154?) ive broken a couple of times lol. ive been in a few cars now with a glide and was very surpriced at how well it was on the street even with a big converter? each to there own i guess.

yeh i think baz you need to work out what you want to do with the car as to what gearbox to use, i can get you one same as mine built for about $2000 or cheaper if you already have a mv valve body?. where if you compare to changing to a power glide you will need the following parts

bellhousing $500
new tailshaft $500
gearbox crossmember $200
aftermarket shifter $350 + fitting
speedo cable $150
custom convertor $1000
plus building powerglide $1800?

so at least $4500

powerglide will definately do some things better than the a340 you will loose less power through the powerglide as there are far less moving parts. where as the a340 will use less fuel having the extra gears especially town driving if you drive it lots?. you also have the option of a transbrake with a powerglide but not with the a340. both gearboxes will handle all the power you can make with your to4z. ultimately the t400 is the best but will cost you around twice what a powerglide would cost to build.
i have a mate that has a jza80 supra and went to a dyno day about a month ago and made 890rwhp through a standard a340 and standard convertor only modification was valve body which he did himself, it has been in the car for 6 months and is only just showing signs of wear now

bazr33
Post #1975

had a squizz at my cressida today. Is looking quite good with the new manifold, exhaust etc.
Hopefully tune soon. Won't be able to winde it up too much on the one external pump, but hope to see over 400's on reasonable boost.

Will see how the a340e goes, but may have to upgrade some parts in it along with a better cooler. Thanks for your information regarding gearbox query sleepercorty.

I already have a MV valve body installed. Does the rebuild of gearbox include internal upgrades and suitable to certain power output?
Thats something that I would be interested in doing in the future

Only thing then on my mind would be the half shafts.

SUB81
Post #1976

i would tell you about mine, but i drive a real car instead... -.-

jokes people only teasing!! seen a few nice ones getting around...

pig060
Post #1977

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Jan 28 2012, 02:07 PM) *
had a squizz at my cressida today. Is looking quite good with the new manifold, exhaust etc.
Hopefully tune soon. Won't be able to winde it up too much on the one external pump, but hope to see over 400's on reasonable boost.

Will see how the a340e goes, but may have to upgrade some parts in it along with a better cooler. Thanks for your information regarding gearbox query sleepercorty.

I already have a MV valve body installed. Does the rebuild of gearbox include internal upgrades and suitable to certain power output?
Thats something that I would be interested in doing in the future

Only thing then on my mind would be the half shafts.

good to hear. they put extra clutchs in the mv boxes which sleepy has done. would be the cheaper way to go if you tryed it yourself or have a mate that could do it. i know a guy that builds boxes etc but not sure if hes played with them before. he build my old 2j auto years ago.

sleepercorty
Post #1978

i now have 1jz/2jz mounts available for mx83 series 1 and series 2 cressida and will be doing other models soon, want to get hold of a mx73 to make some if someone has a shell they want to get rid of. im also doing 1jz/2jz mounts for vl commodore, te/tf cortina, r32 skyline, vn/vp commodore, ea-ed falcon in the coming weeks if anyone is interested. the cressida ones are $150 for a pair

sleepercorty
Post #1979

baz all they do to the a340 is standard rebuild and add an extra couple of clutches, this with modified valve body makes them heaps stronger. also your right you will break half shafts way before gearbox. i had a mate with a mz10 soarer and had heaps of dramas with the shafts which i believe are the same as the mx73

bazr33
Post #1980

Hey guys,

I have received notification of a person who has two mx83's they Re looking to get rid of. One has a 7m engine(auto i believe) and one with no engine( parts car). Both cars for around 700 bucks.

Any interest at all please let me know.

bazr33
Post #1981

Righto, better news with tune today. from the previous 370hp on 18psi roughly has now jumped slightly to 440 on about 20psi. I think the auto is playing up abit aswell.

I know the t04z's they start to make some decent powerage passed 25psi mark, but tuner didn't want to push it with one pump. Will organise 2nd pump and tank with the boys and e85 maybe on the cards.
peu peu!!!

pig060
Post #1982

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Feb 1 2012, 06:55 PM) *
Righto, better news with tune today. from the previous 370hp on 18psi roughly has now jumped slightly to 440 on about 20psi. I think the auto is playing up abit aswell.

I know the t04z's they start to make some decent powerage passed 25psi mark, but tuner didn't want to push it with one pump. Will organise 2nd pump and tank with the boys and e85 maybe on the cards.
peu peu!!!

i thought yours made low 300 when you were having trouble? 440 is still plenty to have fun smile.gif i would look into e85 hey its made mine alot more responsive down low and runs alot better on it.

how is everyone else going? everyone looking good for the jz cruise/test and tune? how about yours dan/ and sleepy?

bazr33
Post #1983

QUOTE (pig060 @ Feb 5 2012, 02:01 PM) *
i thought yours made low 300 when you were having trouble? 440 is still plenty to have fun smile.gif i would look into e85 hey its made mine alot more responsive down low and runs alot better on it.

how is everyone else going? everyone looking good for the jz cruise/test and tune? how about yours dan/ and sleepy?

After a week or so derek sent a message seeing if I was ready for another 150 horse power. haha Low on funds at the moment but new pump then fit, winde her up and setup on e85.
Its definitely fun on the street thats for sure.

Previously to the 370hp, there were some leaks and shit going on, but when it made 370, I believe the cast iron manifold was a bit restrictive and the 3" exhaust.

Drives nice and smooth on the road now. Doesn't miss a beat

pig060
Post #1984

good to hear. at least it will be sweet for the cruise smile.gif i seem to have a problem with mine??? i cant seem to get traction in 3rd with just throttle (no clutch kick) thats a problem i can handle hahahahahaha wink.gif

bazr33
Post #1985

QUOTE (pig060 @ Feb 5 2012, 06:25 PM) *
good to hear. at least it will be sweet for the cruise smile.gif i seem to have a problem with mine??? i cant seem to get traction in 3rd with just throttle (no clutch kick) thats a problem i can handle hahahahahaha wink.gif

I seem to get that slightly when the auto kicks down. god damn I hate that shit hahaha!

Already want some more power though. Pump searching!

pig060
Post #1986

hahahaha nice.

SleepyCressida
Post #1987

Need tune, or no Cruise ): Any recommendations on some people to head to around Northside? Or even Southside.

Only making 400RWHP, and was told should be making 440ish, ECU has confused itself with new radiator and Injectors in. Also running ridiculously rich. Once leaned out will have alot more top end power.

bazr33
Post #1988

QUOTE (SleepyCressida @ Feb 10 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Need tune, or no Cruise ): Any recommendations on some people to head to around Northside? Or even Southside.

Only making 400RWHP, and was told should be making 440ish, ECU has confused itself with new radiator and Injectors in. Also running ridiculously rich. Once leaned out will have alot more top end power.

EFI are the only ones I'll be heading to for tunes from now on.

pig060
Post #1989

what ecu do you have and what size injectors did you have on that last tune? what size injector did you go now for it too run rich? efi are good with jz's and im really happy with mine as im sure baz is too.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1990

ive got some 880cc injectors, il say efi as well, thats who il be using. SLEEPY: do you live near bribie island?

WotLag
Post #1991

Looking at doing a 6boost and a t66 on mine (1j) it has a microtech what injectors do u guys reakon il need? Also iv been told i can get top feed injectors and a fuel rail. What is the better way to go?

sleepercorty
Post #1992

QUOTE (WotLag @ Feb 11 2012, 08:04 PM) *
Looking at doing a 6boost and a t66 on mine (1j) it has a microtech what injectors do u guys reakon il need? Also iv been told i can get top feed injectors and a fuel rail. What is the better way to go?

thats what i had on mine, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 45 gate and t66 turbo made 560rwhp and ran 10.2 @ 135mph with 1600cc injectors and BMI fuel rail

WotLag
Post #1993

Holy shit lol. What was the lag like? Im sort of tossing up between this or a 3582 the car is mainly a drift car

pig060
Post #1994

the bigger the injectors the better i reakon. i had 870cc and because i swaped to e85 i needed bigger. ive got 1200cc now and runs like a factory car. if its more of a drift car i would recomend a gt30 on a 1j. ive heard the 35r is abit laggy for a 1j from what other guys have said. you will just have to run bigger boost to maybe get the goal your after wink.gif

dan- your not using pro torque any more? efi might not give you a power figure that you would love to see on paper but the way he tunes his customers cars makes them end up running quicker times from what ive seen. which is good because he doesnt lean on it just to make you see a good figure and should save your engine/ engines.

sleepercorty
Post #1995

this is what i would recommend for drift car t66 would be to laggy, these make more power than a gt35 and less lag and cheaper its a win win. if you want one let me know

precision turbo

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 57 of 64
Jump to page
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x