Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 56 of 64
Jump to page
1.5jz cressida
Post #1926

normal street tires the mt's didnt fit so we thought we'd go for shits and gigs and busted that, my 60 is shit easy 10sec car

sleepercorty
Post #1927

also need to update the 1jz list with FORCD cressida mx83 auto 11.10 124mph 1.620 60 foot street tires

sleepercorty
Post #1928

Im in the process of making some jzx81 engine brackets the ones that bolt to the block, im using my factory jzx81 alloy brackets and making a jig and then making them out of plate steel. price will be $150 for the pair plus postage. these will bolt 1jz/2jz into mx83 (with series 2 crossmember) with the standard cressida rubbers. i had to make some sets for a couple of mates and thought while i was going might as well make some extras to make it worth my while.
will have them finished by saturday and put some pictures up if anyone is interested

sleepercorty
Post #1929

blackers10
Post #1930

those mounts look identical to the ones on my cressy, basic no nonsense design i guess

WotLag
Post #1931

What axles are u guys using? I have a locker and a 1j in mine and it gets used for drifting/the occasional red light battle. Anyone have trouble with them breaking?

boosted31
Post #1932

Hey guys just a few quick questions. i blew the head up in my mx83 (7mge) last week and im just wondering where i could get a new (reconditioned) complete head from? ive tried google and all i seem to get are places in america or old threads from toymods and the like from 2009 lol. also just wondering how much im looking at to fix this. i will be doing it myself, but just want an estimate costing.

blitz101
Post #1933

QUOTE (boosted31 @ Jan 2 2012, 02:33 PM) *
Hey guys just a few quick questions. i blew the head up in my mx83 (7mge) last week and im just wondering where i could get a new (reconditioned) complete head from? ive tried google and all i seem to get are places in america or old threads from toymods and the like from 2009 lol. also just wondering how much im looking at to fix this. i will be doing it myself, but just want an estimate costing.

try toymods.com or toyotacressida.net plenty of answers on there otherwise ill be ding a 2jz swap soon ill sell you my 7mge still runs and has already had head gasket replaced. lol

boosted31
Post #1934

QUOTE (blitz101 @ Jan 2 2012, 04:38 PM) *
try toymods.com or toyotacressida.net plenty of answers on there otherwise ill be ding a 2jz swap soon ill sell you my 7mge still runs and has already had head gasket replaced. lol

will do man, im kinda thinking i should leave it of the road for a bit and just put a 1j in now. save doing it later lol

SleepyCressida
Post #1935

QUOTE (boosted31 @ Jan 2 2012, 05:07 PM) *
will do man, im kinda thinking i should leave it of the road for a bit and just put a 1j in now. save doing it later lol

Go supercheap, buy a bottle of 'Seal Up'. Cost less than $20.
Used numerous times, fixed my 7M for a good 10,000+km. Follow instructions, takes less than an hour.

boosted31
Post #1936

QUOTE (SleepyCressida @ Jan 2 2012, 05:32 PM) *
Go supercheap, buy a bottle of 'Seal Up'. Cost less than $20.
Used numerous times, fixed my 7M for a good 10,000+km. Follow instructions, takes less than an hour.

I thought of that TBH lol. But im going to pull the head off on wednesday and take it to a machinist and go from there. If the head is fine and was just the gasket i'll be a happy man lol.

SleepyCressida
Post #1937

QUOTE (boosted31 @ Jan 2 2012, 05:48 PM) *
I thought of that TBH lol. But im going to pull the head off on wednesday and take it to a machinist and go from there. If the head is fine and was just the gasket i'll be a happy man lol.

It would be just the gasket. It's design floor from Toyota. They torqued the gasket down with to little lb of pressure. So you should be good.

sleepercorty
Post #1938

QUOTE (WotLag @ Jan 2 2012, 01:08 PM) *
What axles are u guys using? I have a locker and a 1j in mine and it gets used for drifting/the occasional red light battle. Anyone have trouble with them breaking?

depends if your talking about mx73 or mx83, mx73 have 27 spline axles which are okay but not massive, where as mx83 have 30 spline axles which are super strong good for 1000hp

boosted31
Post #1939

QUOTE (SleepyCressida @ Jan 2 2012, 06:22 PM) *
It would be just the gasket. It's design floor from Toyota. They torqued the gasket down with to little lb of pressure. So you should be good.

Yeah i know about the design flaw, and thats what im hoping it is lol. Would it be best to get some ARP head studs or similar while im at it mate or just torque the std. Ones properly?

SleepyCressida
Post #1940

QUOTE (boosted31 @ Jan 2 2012, 10:19 PM) *
Yeah i know about the design flaw, and thats what im hoping it is lol. Would it be best to get some ARP head studs or similar while im at it mate or just torque the std. Ones properly?

ARP if you plan on keeping 7M for a long duration.
IMO I'd go 1j just less hassle in the long run, 7M is going to give you a shit load of oil leak problems, etc.

boosted31
Post #1941

QUOTE (SleepyCressida @ Jan 2 2012, 11:32 PM) *
ARP if you plan on keeping 7M for a long duration.
IMO I'd go 1j just less hassle in the long run, 7M is going to give you a shit load of oil leak problems, etc.

yeah i plan on putting in a 1j soon, i just don't want to be spending money on the 7m anymore.
cheers for the help mate.

WotLag
Post #1942

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jan 2 2012, 06:22 PM) *
depends if your talking about mx73 or mx83, mx73 have 27 spline axles which are okay but not massive, where as mx83 have 30 spline axles which are super strong good for 1000hp

This i didnt know. Lol cheers. Il stop worrying then. Its an mx83. Silver, stockies, straw hat on parcel tray, 1j, 16 psi lol

pig060
Post #1943

update- car its the rollers sat smile.gif

bazr33
Post #1944

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jan 4 2012, 11:13 PM) *

Will look forward to hearing the results

sleepercorty
Post #1945

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jan 4 2012, 11:13 PM) *

sweet i was thinking about racing saturday but see what happens

pig060
Post #1946

just took it for a drive and clutch doesnt feel right so i have to get that sorted out tommorrow sad.gif hopefully just needs to be bleed or a minor ajustment.

pig060
Post #1947

all done. had afew minor issues with the tune but its really rich and safe with 523@23psi so happy enough with that for now smile.gif

bazr33
Post #1948

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jan 7 2012, 12:48 PM) *
all done. had afew minor issues with the tune but its really rich and safe with 523@23psi so happy enough with that for now smile.gif

yeeeoowww!!! cracks the 500's.
how'd the setup with the 2nzfe coils go, no signs of breakdown?
Heard running rich, so still more room for adjustment and boostage?

1.5jz cressida
Post #1949

update got the whole bottom end assemble tomorrow, pick the head up monday should be all together monday smile.gif then rego then tune smile.gif

sleepercorty
Post #1950

update 10.15 @ 134mph as usual only the one run before getting booted, so definately cage time now and 9 wont be far away

1.5jz cressida
Post #1951

^^^^^^ i hate you

pig060
Post #1952

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Jan 7 2012, 07:17 PM) *
yeeeoowww!!! cracks the 500's.
how'd the setup with the 2nzfe coils go, no signs of breakdown?
Heard running rich, so still more room for adjustment and boostage?

yeah coils went good there was abit of a joke being from a yaris hahahahaha. but they didnt miss fire at all. i thought he would have put some more boost into it but proberly good thing anyway so i wont hurt it. still got more in it but like he said better to just keep it nice a fat and know it will go all day every day. still enough power to have fun smile.gif with room to move if need be.

sleepycorty- sweet time and nice 60 smile.gif updated the cressida 1j list (your number one)

blackers10
Post #1953

nice work everybody with their latest developments!!

sleepercorty
Post #1954

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jan 8 2012, 09:20 AM) *
yeah coils went good there was abit of a joke being from a yaris hahahahaha. but they didnt miss fire at all. i thought he would have put some more boost into it but proberly good thing anyway so i wont hurt it. still got more in it but like he said better to just keep it nice a fat and know it will go all day every day. still enough power to have fun smile.gif with room to move if need be.

sleepycorty- sweet time and nice 60 smile.gif updated the cressida 1j list (your number one)

yay finally number one lol

pig060
Post #1955

now you need to beat 9.11@153 to be the fastest 1jz. derek did that the other night on 100% internal stock 1jz smile.gif dam there great engines smile.gif

sleepercorty
Post #1956

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jan 8 2012, 10:13 AM) *
now you need to beat 9.11@153 to be the fastest 1jz. derek did that the other night on 100% internal stock 1jz smile.gif dam there great engines smile.gif

haha maybe if i sell my other cars i could get there, but honestly i will be happy with 9.9 as it still get driven alot on the street so dont want to ruin that

1.5jz cressida
Post #1957

so is kristian the fastest street driven cressida in oz?

pig060
Post #1958

yep. fastest street driven 1jz cressida in aus. the other street driven car was (jay skid car) run 10.1 but with 2j manual.

sleepercorty
Post #1959

im bored of being slow so ordering new convertor next week should help times out thumbsup.gif my toyota convertor is starting to steal to much power so possibly make abit more power to

WotLag
Post #1960

Got wheels for mine today. Work rezax. 17x8.5+5 on the front 17x9+15 on the rear. Looks pretty sweet but needs a bit of guard work

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 56 of 64
Jump to page
52 User(s) are reading this topic (52 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x