Monaro454
Post #1996

lol, telling it how it is not one of your strong suits Ben? laugh.gif

you notice this only arced up again when Nick started posting

there you go.... the answer to the question nobody asked mamoru.gif

74QEE
Post #1997

Sorry Ben <3

Oh yeah,your starter motor fixed my prob, how is it even possible to have two starters that dont work in a row?

toxic513
Post #1998

Hi all. Just wondering if there are any other good old school forums around besides the HAMB?
Cheers. thumbsup.gif

wbtonner
Post #1999

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Nov 4 2011, 07:58 AM) *
lol, telling it how it is not one of your strong suits Ben? laugh.gif

you notice this only arced up again when Nick started posting

there you go.... the answer to the question nobody asked mamoru.gif

Though he never posted anything worthy of getting the shit taken out of him, no?
Just progress photo's of one of his cars.

You don't take the piss out of anyone else but him... rolleyes.gif

74QEE
Post #2000

He brings it upon himself, we basicly all pay for him to live, so i think were all entitled to our say haha.

74QEE
Post #2001

QUOTE (toxic513 @ Nov 4 2011, 06:49 PM) *
Hi all. Just wondering if there are any other good old school forums around besides the HAMB?
Cheers. thumbsup.gif

Theres Aussiev8, mainly muscle cars etc, what are you into?

toxic513
Post #2002

Anything and everything really. Mostly into aussie and american muscle cars.

74QEE
Post #2003

Yeah well aussiev8 is good for that.

Monaro454
Post #2004

QUOTE (wbtonner @ Nov 4 2011, 06:50 PM) *
Though he never posted anything worthy of getting the shit taken out of him, no?
Just progress photo's of one of his cars.

You don't take the piss out of anyone else but him... rolleyes.gif

not taking anything.... just pointing out fact.

all the crap stopped when he stopped posting, true or not?

wbtonner
Post #2005

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Nov 4 2011, 08:46 PM) *
not taking anything.... just pointing out fact.

all the crap stopped when he stopped posting, true or not?

Was the crap coming from him, true or not.

Loaded question. rolleyes.gif

DeadSled
Post #2006

Just for the record, because i've said this many a time before.. i'm not on fucking centerlink now. Okay? Comprehend you fucking moron?

Thats all.

Nathan is right.

FATTIE
Post #2007

Does it matter where someone's income comes from??

big picture guys,,,

Although I have never seen Deadsled "finish" anything I have followed his threads, and they're quite entertaining, at least he's having a go.

Lets leave the bitchy shit to the sex spec honda owners and just get on building cool cars

FATTIE
Post #2008

QUOTE (74QEE @ Nov 3 2011, 02:12 PM) *
Shhhh no one cares fatty.

WHY DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT ME tears.gif tears.gif

rolleyes.gif

Monaro454
Post #2009

QUOTE (wbtonner @ Nov 4 2011, 09:54 PM) *
Was the crap coming from him, true or not.

Loaded question. rolleyes.gif

nar, not at first.

but you gotta admit when he arcs up he doesn't hold back.

I'm not sure what happened between him and Jay, but I have known Jay for about 4 years now and never had a problem with him.

Nick on the other hand, wanted to trade me some of my rims and stuff for him to do some fab work on my HQ shell.

he started going off about how far away I was from his place and how he would have to travel, blah blah.... he even wanted me to take everything to his place (entire car) when I have it all set up in a 4 bay shed with TIG MIG and all the tools I need for him to carry out the job at no expense to him!!

he had a whine and went on about I can't move my TIG around (inverter?? who can't move them?) and whined some more...... I just got tired of listening and got into it myself, sold the other stuff to another of Jay's mates and moved on.

if he isn't getting the better part of the deal, it is tooo freaken hard.

not interested in people that just whine and carry on...... he chucked a wobbly and left and now he comes back on telling people to f*&^# off? who the hell does that? some people need to learn to manage their own behaviours and not rely on others to defend them Nathan smile.gif

now, like it has been said, let's get on with the business of cars and stop telling eachother to get stuffed.

simple.

Nick:

if you can't control yourself, go away. seriously, I am all for Ben giving you a permanent vacation if you can't just come back on an show us your work wothout crapping on about period correct or telling people where to go in a little hissy fit.

Jay:

give the guy a break!! let him settle back in and let him have a chance to show what he has been up to.

Ben:

All for you giving both of these goons permanent holidays if they can't mature up a bit.

let's play cars...........

FATTIE
Post #2010

well said

74QEE
Post #2011

Hahah ok ill tone it down, Ill admit i do give the guy a lot of shit, and thats not even half of it, so ill stop giving him crap on here.

EDIT: I just cooked a pie in the microwave, now the plates too hot to touch.

74QEE
Post #2012

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Nov 5 2011, 08:17 AM) *
sold the other stuff to another of Jay's mates and moved on.

You would cry if you saw the current state of this car now, he basicly hack at the rust with a grinder, not a cutting disc, a grinding disc, and made it so it was somewhat level with the bodywork around it,smeared some bog over it, went to autobarn and got a spraycan of that purple done and just painted over his repairs. WTF.

74QEE
Post #2013

Oh yeah not sure if this was him or the previous owner, both of them are just as stupid as each other, well you know how on Hq dashes theres a raised lip around each gauge?

Yeah well apparently a flush/smooth dash was needed, so he took the dash facia out and bogged all over it, and he didnt use the right amount of hardener in the bog, so its kind of never really set properly, and apart from that, it looks like a 3 year olds art project.

74QEE
Post #2014

All good i got the pie out safely, dont stress dudes

clutch-monkey
Post #2015

QUOTE (74QEE @ Nov 5 2011, 09:16 AM) *
You would cry if you saw the current state of this car now, he basicly hack at the rust with a grinder, not a cutting disc, a grinding disc, and made it so it was somewhat level with the bodywork around it,smeared some bog over it, went to autobarn and got a spraycan of that purple done and just painted over his repairs. WTF.

QUOTE (74QEE @ Nov 5 2011, 09:20 AM) *
Oh yeah not sure if this was him or the previous owner, both of them are just as stupid as each other, well you know how on Hq dashes theres a raised lip around each gauge?

Yeah well apparently a flush/smooth dash was needed, so he took the dash facia out and bogged all over it, and he didnt use the right amount of hardener in the bog, so its kind of never really set properly, and apart from that, it looks like a 3 year olds art project.

bowrofl.gif bowrofl.gif
that made my morning haha

wbtonner
Post #2016

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Nov 5 2011, 08:17 AM) *
let's play cars...........

Indeed.
smile.gif

clutch-monkey
Post #2017

literal definition of 'rolling chassis' laugh.gif will get the engine in after exams. not looking forward to wiring (or painting the body for that matter..)

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #2018

QUOTE (74QEE @ Nov 5 2011, 09:21 AM) *
All good i got the pie out safely, dont stress dudes

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HZ-steering-col...#ht_1269wt_1270

you may want this

racerphill
Post #2019

Put a 2 barrel Weber carby on the Valiant on the weekend.
Got a factory 2 barrel manifold from QLD Valiant Spares and a 34ADM carb from Beenleigh Auto Dismantlers.
Took a bit of fabrication/welding etc to fit the carb to the manifold (thanks to my good mate Dennis at Warwick), bit it works great!
The ol girl is much smoother, more lively, and feels torqueyer to drive, even though the new carb still needs a decent tune. The carb
is as it was on the XF that the wreckers pulled it off.
I also put new plugs and ignition leads on it whilst I was there.
Very happy with the result.

FATTIE
Post #2020

Don't you just hate experts...

I have spent months massaging my current project (wb ute) into a pretty straight jigger..

so finally over the weekend I have the doors and guards ready for some etch primer,

then after I have them sprayed (the etch is white) I can see one tiny depression (not big enough to be called a dint)

then , the expert arrives ( a mate), who sees the mark and proudly announces, " Ya missed a bit!"

just etch, no primer, NO PUTTY OR BOG, just "missed a bit"

squint.gif squint.gif squint.gif

racerphill
Post #2021

Well I spoke too soon...the ol Valiant started it's earlier problem, which I thought was due to the old carb.
This time it got worse very quickly. Was backfiring pretty bad by the time I got to work this morning and half way home she just died. Idles fine, but try and accelerate and she just backfires and dies. Got towed home (RACQ is a saviour - free tow from Bahrs Scrub to Jimboomba!) Spoke to a mechanic mate of mine and he's thinking it's not the carby at all, but maybe the points. The theory is that the new plugs and leads masked the dodgy points for a short time and now they are causing big dramas. Hope it's as simple as that!

Torrie_Man
Post #2022

Just a little score i managed to get a few weeks ago. I got a red 202 bottom end for $150. Apparently had been rebuilt 8,000ks ago. So far I've found a JP high volume oil pump, romac steel balancer, crow cam, a baffled sump, Its been balanced, 30 thou bore and...

Brand new slugs

Number 4 bore has a few scratches which will hone out. Looks like ring gaps were not set correctly.

wbtonner
Post #2023

Nice find!!!

FATTIE
Post #2024

cranks been drilled and sanded??? balanced ?

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #2025

my brother has a full bottom end 179hp block or 202 i think was being set up for drags bored/balanced ect spent a couple of grand on it, pretty sure he will take near anything for it

Torrie_Man
Post #2026

QUOTE (FATTIE @ Nov 7 2011, 10:20 PM) *
cranks been drilled and sanded??? balanced ?

Shut your whore mouth

FATTIE
Post #2027

QUOTE (Torrie_Man @ Nov 7 2011, 11:26 PM) *
Shut your whore mouth

OMG, just cause I'm fat doesn't mean I'm a whore..... bitch

HSV
Post #2028

QUOTE (75 KINGSWOOD @ Nov 7 2011, 10:32 PM) *
my brother has a full bottom end 179hp block or 202 i think was being set up for drags bored/balanced ect spent a couple of grand on it, pretty sure he will take near anything for it

Remind me the price.

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #2029

QUOTE (HSV @ Nov 8 2011, 08:38 PM) *
Remind me the price.

had a chat to him - 600 hundred, will give you some specs tomorrow

CAM-327
Post #2030

My latest score!

Power steering box, pump, bracket, and bush for the HQ.

Stole it for only $100! Pretty happy, and thanks to FATTIE aswell!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 58 of 107
Jump to page
60 User(s) are reading this topic (60 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x