clutch-monkey
Post #1961

also, fucks me how to register it now :/

VersionR
Post #1962

Is that for the car the punjab smashed?

clutch-monkey
Post #1963

yeah i refurbished the diff, took the brakes and suspension off the wrecked chassis and put it on a new chassis. had to get someone to do the welding which is why it was away for awhile.

edit: it runs 14"s too so i will be searching for tires too shortly

VersionR
Post #1964

Get some BFG TA's, I hear they're an awesome tire!

clutch-monkey
Post #1965

fuck yeah i'll have it smashed again in no time! laugh.gif

Monaro454
Post #1966

QUOTE (VersionR @ Nov 1 2011, 06:54 PM) *
Get some BFG TA's, I hear they're an awesome tire!

lol.

74QEE
Post #1967

So did anyone end up getting in contact with that filthy curryface that did this?

wbtonner
Post #1968

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Nov 1 2011, 05:40 PM) *
also, fucks me how to register it now :/

Why?

clutch-monkey
Post #1969

QUOTE (wbtonner @ Nov 2 2011, 05:41 PM) *
Why?

chassis from one car, bodyshell from another, driveline from a third different model car- i dunno what to do with the modplate i already have and what VIN do i use to register it

VersionR
Post #1970

Pretty sure VIN is always the chassis number? What remains from the first car, just driveline?

Monaro454
Post #1971

QUOTE (VersionR @ Nov 2 2011, 06:50 PM) *
Pretty sure VIN is always the chassis number? What remains from the first car, just driveline?

not always on older cars.

and he said it is different body different chassis so 2 different numbers already!!

engine won't be a problem, I would speak to dept tpt soon as and explain the situation, they will probably supply you with either a reasonable explanation of how to go about it this way or issue you with a new number.

74QEE
Post #1972

Ash maybe you can help me, how do i go about regoing the Hq with the v8 in it?

do i just go in there and say its a v8 now and pay the differance, and of course supply the new enginbe number.

Id leave it regoed as a six but i have shitty luck

VersionR
Post #1973

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Nov 2 2011, 10:17 PM) *

and he said it is different body different chassis so 2 different numbers already!!

I looked into bodyswaps on my previous 4WD's and was always told that the VIN of the chassis is what stays, but thats RTA so maybe different interstate

Monaro454
Post #1974

VIN on my holden is different to the body number, which is same as chassis number.

vin is long tag that states where car was built, options (81837 = GTS350 Coupe) etc.... body and chassis number are the ones that give it a numerical value, they don't tell you squat about what the car is.

mr Monkey's VIN on the body is the important number..... that is the number he will need for transport dept.

Monaro454
Post #1975

QUOTE (74QEE @ Nov 2 2011, 09:23 PM) *
Ash maybe you can help me, how do i go about regoing the Hq with the v8 in it?

do i just go in there and say its a v8 now and pay the differance, and of course supply the new enginbe number.

Id leave it regoed as a six but i have shitty luck

Jay, most people will say you don't need a plate, most engineers will say get a plate.

I got one for a ute I threw a 253 in years ago, they like to do it so they can see that the conversion is done properly.... any cowboy can throw a motor in a car (you are living proof mamoru.gif )

take it to a mech and see what they say.

put the sucker on club reg too if you are all whiney about the rego fees.

74QEE
Post #1976

Its already on club:) has been for the last 5 years.

74QEE
Post #1977

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW PPPPAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

clutch-monkey
Post #1978

QUOTE (VersionR @ Nov 2 2011, 06:50 PM) *

yup gearbox and engine, suspension and brakes.
mod plated for the old car so even though i've carried across all the brakes etc to compensate i guess i have to get another mod plate sad.gif

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Nov 2 2011, 09:17 PM) *

engine won't be a problem, I would speak to dept tpt soon as and explain the situation, they will probably supply you with either a reasonable explanation of how to go about it this way or issue you with a new number.

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Nov 2 2011, 10:00 PM) *
VIN on my holden is different to the body number, which is same as chassis number.

vin is long tag that states where car was built, options (81837 = GTS350 Coupe) etc.... body and chassis number are the ones that give it a numerical value, they don't tell you squat about what the car is.

mr Monkey's VIN on the body is the important number..... that is the number he will need for transport dept.

yeah DoT has been unhelpful so far, except for telling me to cancel the rego lol
they did say because the body is not structural i can modify the firewall.. which is irrelevant to me.
will have to ring again. several times probably lol

DeadSled
Post #1979

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Nov 1 2011, 05:34 PM) *
homecoming hsdance.gif

</a>

Interesting that they run a transverse rear spring.. with an IFS on the rear. What a weird combination..

Do those springs come with reversed spring eyes or did you have them reversed yourself?

DeadSled
Post #1980

Suppose i will add these pictures.

clutch-monkey
Post #1981

QUOTE (DeadSled @ Nov 2 2011, 10:53 PM) *
Interesting that they run a transverse rear spring.. with an IFS on the rear. What a weird combination..

Do those springs come with reversed spring eyes or did you have them reversed yourself?

the spring is standard spitfire equipment afaik, came like that. the rest of the rear suspension is a mash up of lancia and fiat stuff welded on to suit.

wbtonner
Post #1982

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Nov 2 2011, 11:04 PM) *
the spring is standard spitfire equipment afaik, came like that. the rest of the rear suspension is a mash up of lancia and fiat stuff welded on to suit.

So its stock in other words.... oopsie.gif Hey mr. Officer.

clutch-monkey
Post #1983

QUOTE (wbtonner @ Nov 2 2011, 11:17 PM) *
So its stock in other words.... oopsie.gif Hey mr. Officer.

like they could tell the difference, even if they did bother to look under there laugh.gif

74QEE
Post #1984

OMG LOOK WHO'S BACK OMGOMGOMGOMG HAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

By the way. It looks the same as it did 12 months ago.

Anchor
Post #1985

Milk crate and gas bottle aren't period correct. GTFO.

DeadSled
Post #1986

QUOTE (74QEE @ Nov 3 2011, 10:34 AM) *
OMG LOOK WHO'S BACK OMGOMGOMGOMG HAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

By the way. It looks the same as it did 12 months ago.

I work on it 3 arvos a week for a few hours. Only started on it 2 weeks ago and have got all the boxing plates fully welded and the center crossmember fabbed and finish welded. Working on fabbing the steering box and pedal box mounts. Could have it rolling on four '40 wheels if I could be bothered taking the front end and diff to work. Milk crates are easier for now. Chassis should be finished by end of the year.

QUOTE (Anchor @ Nov 3 2011, 11:00 AM) *

Fuck off idiot.

VersionR
Post #1987

Here's mine so far, hoping to have it reassembled and running in 3 weeks. With the Traffic Accidents! WTF does TA mean anyway

74QEE
Post #1988

QUOTE (Anchor @ Nov 3 2011, 11:00 AM) *

HAHAHAHAH. is the mig wire pre world war 2? It better be or it won't be period correct.

QUOTE (DeadSled @ Nov 3 2011, 12:07 PM) *
I work on it 3 arvos a week for a few hours. Only started on it 2 weeks ago and have got all the boxing plates fully welded and the center crossmember fabbed and finish welded. Working on fabbing the steering box and pedal box mounts. Could have it rolling on four '40 wheels if I could be bothered taking the front end and diff to work. Milk crates are easier for now. Chassis should be finished by end of the year.

Shhhh no one cares fatty.

Monaro454
Post #1989

3 weeks eh?

lot's of work to do then.

74QEE
Post #1990

Fair enough you know how to do all the fab work and stuff, but when it comes time for the mechenical side of things, your fucked hahaha, cant wait to see you curl up in a ball in a corner and tear up.

DeadSled
Post #1991

That won't be happening, i've already pulled a Model A apart from a running car to a frame as it is, they are super easy and if i had a few hours and all my running gear and suspension at work i'd have it sitting on four wheels ready to roll around.

Theres really nothing to the early Fords. They are incredibly simplistic.

74QEE
Post #1992

QUOTE (DeadSled @ Nov 3 2011, 05:50 PM) *
They are incredibly simplistic.

Bit like yourself hey?

74QEE
Post #1993

And i dont believe a word you say, you couldnt even figure out that the squeak was coming from your loose wheelnuts.

wbtonner
Post #1994

QUOTE (74QEE @ Nov 3 2011, 02:12 PM) *
HAHAHAHAH. is the mig wire pre world war 2? It better be or it won't be period correct.

Shhhh no one cares fatty.

Pot calling the kettle black...
We all can't be trim taut and terrific like yourself, aye, fatty. mamoru.gif

HSV
Post #1995

I've warned all you cunts before, now cut the shit.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 57 of 107
Jump to page
31 User(s) are reading this topic (31 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x