"Shootin' The Breeze" - Old Skool Chat Thread  

Page 52 of 107
Jump to page
DeadSled
Post #1786

Okay, when are you home i'd like to come and politely collect my parts you've STOLEN from me.

74QEE
Post #1787

Okay Im on the 11:05 am flight Friday, Land in Brisbane around 12:30pm, providing the plane is not delayed. See you there.

DeadSled
Post #1788

Tell me what parts of mine you have STOLEN as i'd like to know.

74QEE
Post #1789

smile.gif

DeadSled
Post #1790

This is so damned childish..

Have you stolen parts from me or not? Seriously..

74QEE
Post #1791

Yes.

DeadSled
Post #1792

Okay, what have you stolen from me?

74QEE
Post #1793

Your soul.

74QEE
Post #1794

And your dignity.

74QEE
Post #1795

And your pride.

74QEE
Post #1796

And possibly some car parts.

DeadSled
Post #1797

This is so fucking childish. If you've stolen PARTS from me, tell me what they are.

74QEE
Post #1798

Tengo su conjunto universal de vivienda.

HJ Jebby
Post #1799

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Sep 26 2011, 01:50 PM) *
haha $5 vinyl from clarks rubber for me, as suggested above biggrin.gif
here is what it looks like now

just some aligning to do and the door strap

How did you go about attaching the Window channel rubbers to the door / doortrim?

Cheers

HSV
Post #1800

Jesus fucking christ, I leave here for a couple of hours and it's fucking turned into OT.

And now I notice two threads are in OT as well..............

WTF have you kids been doing?

Monaro454
Post #1801

those 2 threads were funny as. well done lads.

what a joke.

no more holdens
Post #1802

QUOTE (HSV @ Sep 27 2011, 06:23 AM) *
Jesus fucking christ, I leave here for a couple of hours and it's fucking turned into OT.

And now I notice two threads are in OT as well..............

WTF have you kids been doing?

I think theres 2 little kiddies here that are playing "You stole my virginity and i want it back "

We should start a thread just for jay and nick , titled
"Sand pit"

Where the kids can play amongst themselves

74QEE
Post #1803

As long as I can have some tonka trucks to play with.

Deadsled. You will be missed.

How will we live without the closed minded replys about period correct automobiles.

clutch-monkey
Post #1804

QUOTE (HJ Jebby @ Sep 26 2011, 11:39 PM) *
How did you go about attaching the Window channel rubbers to the door / doortrim?

Cheers

i just left them where they were, haven't touched them
the big black bit at the top of the card..

..attaches to the top by two screws and simply presses onto the window channel rubbers

HJ Jebby
Post #1805

ok cheers, im just trying to get everything planed out before i attempt it

Monaro454
Post #1806

QUOTE (HJ Jebby @ Sep 27 2011, 01:51 PM) *
ok cheers, im just trying to get everything planed out before i attempt it

HQ-Z trims will not be a flat panel.

they have a steel piece at the top of the trim that you will have to attach to whatever doorcard you choose to use. the cardboard you are all referring to is MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard) it is a magic product but doesn't like getting wet.

another option is Masonite (what they covered the benches with in Manual arts at school) very tough and relatively east to work with.

personally, I think MDF is more forgiving than masonite in the long run, so if one of your holes is a little out you can sort it with a stanley blade very quickly and you can staple to it quite easily.

back to the HQ trim....

you will need to attach the card to this trim, pop rivets, silicon, whatever you choose (pop rivets would be the go) then you can look at covering it in whatever you wish. I found making doortrims for the coupe was a pain in the butt and they never look as good as what a trimmer will do, but then again, practice makes perfect eh?

HJ Jebby
Post #1807

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Sep 27 2011, 05:32 PM) *
HQ-Z trims will not be a flat panel.

they have a steel piece at the top of the trim that you will have to attach to whatever doorcard you choose to use. the cardboard you are all referring to is MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard) it is a magic product but doesn't like getting wet.

another option is Masonite (what they covered the benches with in Manual arts at school) very tough and relatively east to work with.

personally, I think MDF is more forgiving than masonite in the long run, so if one of your holes is a little out you can sort it with a stanley blade very quickly and you can staple to it quite easily.

back to the HQ trim....

you will need to attach the card to this trim, pop rivets, silicon, whatever you choose (pop rivets would be the go) then you can look at covering it in whatever you wish. I found making doortrims for the coupe was a pain in the butt and they never look as good as what a trimmer will do, but then again, practice makes perfect eh?

yes i aware about the things you mentioned, a pair of repo door trims cost about $300 or so with an exchange of the steel trim. May be easier to do it that way. Just checking my options. Also I dont want to put speakers in the door trims. i have heard of people mounting them under the dash, would you possilby know how to mount them?(not the stock speak on the top of the dash) Cheers

wbtonner
Post #1808

QUOTE (HJ Jebby @ Sep 27 2011, 07:22 PM) *
yes i aware about the things you mentioned, a pair of repo door trims cost about $300 or so with an exchange of the steel trim. May be easier to do it that way. Just checking my options. Also I dont want to put speakers in the door trims. i have heard of people mounting them under the dash, would you possilby know how to mount them?(not the stock speak on the top of the dash) Cheers

Give it a go yourself!

And put a 6x9 behind each seat and a 6.5 in each kick panel with a tweeter hidden in the dash/ in an air vent.

Also, i've heard of using a resin on with mdf to make them waterproof after you make the card. Just thinly brsh it onto the back and slowly let it absorb in. smile.gif

74QEE
Post #1809

Jebby, i have mine mounted under the dash,it will cost you a six pack to be in the know.

clutch-monkey
Post #1810

QUOTE (HJ Jebby @ Sep 27 2011, 07:22 PM) *

give it a go i say. it will only take you say ~$30 and a couple of hours to figure out if it's doable or better off exchanging lol

HJ Jebby
Post #1811

QUOTE (wbtonner @ Sep 27 2011, 07:50 PM) *
Give it a go yourself!

And put a 6x9 behind each seat and a 6.5 in each kick panel with a tweeter hidden in the dash/ in an air vent.

Also, i've heard of using a resin on with mdf to make them waterproof after you make the card. Just thinly brsh it onto the back and slowly let it absorb in. smile.gif

That resin idea sounds like a great idea, no matter how hard you try water always seems to get in there, last car (HR special) had warped door trims due to the MDF getting wet.

See thats why i signed up to boost, you guys allways help out. Fucking legends thumbsup.gif

no more holdens
Post #1812

QUOTE (HJ Jebby @ Sep 27 2011, 08:35 PM) *
That resin idea sounds like a great idea, no matter how hard you try water always seems to get in there, last car (HR special) had warped door trims due to the MDF getting wet.

See thats why i signed up to boost, you guys allways help out. Fucking legends thumbsup.gif

Im guessing , the reason why the door trims swelled or warped was the plastic protectors that are siliconed on the doors to cover the holes that came from the factory were removed !!!
You can also get plastic rear speaker covers to help keep water and shit of the speakers
Also ensure the protective plastic stuff is put back on the doors

If you dont want to retain the factory trim pattern, theres custom trims that pop up from time to time on fleabay or swapmeets
Keep an eye out for people wrecking them , front trims are hard to get even way back when i played with the holdens

wbtonner
Post #1813

QUOTE (HJ Jebby @ Sep 27 2011, 08:35 PM) *

I new I should have trade marked that idea. I thought of it after mine did the same thing. laugh.gif

74QEE
Post #1814

I have Hj door trims, pretty sure they are light brown in colour, not sure of condition, will look when i get home on Friday.

Interested Jebby you big faggot?

lil_bobby_260
Post #1815

Missus has given me a budget of $1500 to spend on the 265 engine in HER valiant. Wants it to be able to push her back in the seat when she takes off.
Good times.
Cain 4bbl manifold with a plenum pig, 465 Holley, bigger cam, milling base of head for compression, msd ignition coil etc. I told her extractors and exhaust aren't part of the engine, and that replacing plugs/leads with better ones and fitting new distributor rotor and button etc are excluded from the figure as they are part of a service. As is having the carb set up and timing advanced by a shop to run premium fuel only, to tie in with the higher compression ratio. And the larger volume sump (3.5L standard WTF) and bigger radiator with thermo fans are simply for longevity of the motor. Heavy duty clutch will go in as soon as standard one mysteriously kicks it. Age and general wear and tear will be to blame there :-)
Winning!

HJ Jebby
Post #1816

QUOTE (74QEE @ Sep 28 2011, 08:46 PM) *
I have Hj door trims, pretty sure they are light brown in colour, not sure of condition, will look when i get home on Friday.

Interested Jebby you big faggot?

Id rather get raped by a midget than buy something off you tongue.gif

Nah my interior s going to be black not brown, How did you mount your speakers?

no more holdens
Post #1817

QUOTE (lil_bobby_260 @ Sep 28 2011, 08:55 PM) *
Missus has given me a budget of $1500 to spend on the 265 engine in HER valiant. Wants it to be able to push her back in the seat when she takes off.
Good times.
Cain 4bbl manifold with a plenum pig, 465 Holley, bigger cam, milling base of head for compression, msd ignition coil etc. I told her extractors and exhaust aren't part of the engine, and that replacing plugs/leads with better ones and fitting new distributor rotor and button etc are excluded from the figure as they are part of a service. As is having the carb set up and timing advanced by a shop to run premium fuel only, to tie in with the higher compression ratio. And the larger volume sump (3.5L standard WTF) and bigger radiator with thermo fans are simply for longevity of the motor. Heavy duty clutch will go in as soon as standard one mysteriously kicks it. Age and general wear and tear will be to blame there :-)
Winning!

Im watching this evolve
465 ???
Not to small ???
Go a 600,the hemi love em

Hemi performance years ago , done a 265 with a 4 barrell, it put out more power than the e49 motor with triple webers had

Have ya tracked down a 4 barrell manifold yet ???

NOS440
Post #1818

nah. the 465 will be just perfect for what it sounds like he has planned. 600 or bigger are for when you are getting into e49 specs and beyond wink.gif
talking to a mate yesterday who just built a tuff 265 that made 500hp at the flywheel. went into an immaculate and genuine e49

lil_bobby_260
Post #1819

If you do the math on it a 465 is perfect. Anything above that and you lose inlet velocity and this fuel atomization. I calculated the carby choice based on a rpm ceiling of 6000, but will still have sone room to move. 600 is overkill.
The goal is to put down 230hp at the tyres with a stock bottom end. Should be doable. It's only the missus car at the end of the day so we will just do those mods and it does whatever it does.
Have found a few manifolds but they are all sitting around $400+. I'd prefer to pick one up second hand.

no more holdens
Post #1820

Thats a clean looker
The inlaws , brother had a hemi with a Q jet years ago,went quite well
Used to always tell me of standing on the pedal at 90Ks and smokin the rears
(Maybe they were all smoking in the back , i dunno)

Why not go a 500 CFM 2 barrell, would be a cheaper set up

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 52 of 107
Jump to page
54 User(s) are reading this topic (54 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x