"Shootin' The Breeze" - Old Skool Chat Thread  

Page 50 of 107
Jump to page
74QEE
Post #1716

Anchor, show me pics of this cressida wagon.

VersionR
Post #1717

QUOTE (74QEE @ Sep 21 2011, 09:28 PM) *
I painted a pair of chrome valve cover the other day, i scuffed them up with a scotch brite pad and just put some normal spraycan primer on them and then coated that with hi temp engine paint and it seemed to stick ok.

Ok cheers

GTRVspec95
Post #1718

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Sep 21 2011, 07:44 PM) *
can get these rims for reasonable money, what do you think?

I know the car needs lowering, but what do you think of the rims knowing that the car will sit over them!!

Sort of an inbetween size; it's not small enough to give it the classic balloon tyre look and it's not big / wide enough to look like a pro-tourer ...

or

Camaro 'Blue Thunder' - http://www.msclassiccarsllc.com/67_camaro_blue/

Anchor
Post #1719

QUOTE (74QEE @ Sep 21 2011, 09:33 PM) *
Anchor, show me pics of this cressida wagon.

74QEE
Post #1720

im fairly sure this is the same car..ive had some fun times in that car on Mt Nebo

74QEE
Post #1721

Heres a pic of it early this year, use to belong to a good mate of mine,who was unlicenced, so i had the privilege of driving it smile.gif

was an awesome car to drive and i wish i had the money to buy it when he sold it.

Anchor
Post #1722

Yeah thats the one, i bought it off a mate who bought it off your mate.

IMO it was an absolute mess when my mate got it. I'm in the process of getting some rust fixed and trying to match up the wheels, rebuild the coilovers and replace all the shot out bushes.

But its one fun car thats for sure. Good daily lol.

74QEE
Post #1723

Yeah it was a bit rough around the edges, i remember the front guards being fucked from having too much hellaflush and fatlace.

And if you ever go to sell it,let us know, i wished id had the money a few months ago!

And i think theres only 2 or 3 of them in the country.

Anchor
Post #1724

Yeah, front right guard is split lol. Gunna weld that one up, i'll have to make sure i use a japanese brand welder from 1985 otherwise Deadsled will tell me its not JDM anymore... ph34r.gif

Monaro454
Post #1725

lol.

74QEE
Post #1726

Dont worry about what he says, his mum still breast feeds him.

GTRVspec95
Post #1727

It's Mercers old car ..... that guy has a serious hard on for old school Japanese rims

no more holdens
Post #1728

QUOTE (Anchor @ Sep 22 2011, 10:33 AM) *
Yeah, front right guard is split lol. Gunna weld that one up, i'll have to make sure i use a japanese brand welder from 1985 otherwise Deadsled will tell me its not JDM anymore... ph34r.gif

FFS , thats funny
Make sure ya use correctly dated bog
Mite be off, if its 1985 bog, but itll be correct for the period,or (cough cough) authenticity !!!

DeadSled
Post #1729

I have 0 care of anything beyond 1979. I could care less if you fixed the crack with araldite.

HJ Jebby
Post #1730

Thats a bad attitude

74QEE
Post #1731

Why do own a early 90s hilux then?

Evan my daily is pre 85, may not be a classic or anything special at all.

If you were a true hot rodder,you would have a duesenberg or something as a daily.

And dont say 'i got the hilux because its reliable and cheap on fuel' if you were as true of an enthusiest as you claim to be, you wouldnt conform like you have and joined the Logan mini truck brigade.

74QEE
Post #1732

Seeing that your an enthusisest of pre 79 cars, heres a pic of one that you should like.

1978 reliant robin 850

DeadSled
Post #1733

I could care less what you think Jay. I don't even like Duesenbergs they are fucking god awful looking.

74QEE
Post #1734

And so that must mean you dont like this either?

So Cal Speed Shops 1932/2011 Roadster, built using all brand new parts, and was built this year!

Too bad its not pre 79 hey.

74QEE
Post #1735

What about this?..you have to like this...its pre 79 and it looks just like a hot rod!

1978 Excaliber, the best blend of luxury and hot rodding ive ever seen.

DeadSled
Post #1736

Blah blah blah. I couldn't give a shit about what your going on about Jay. Really don't care in the slightest. I don't care about your shitbox rodeo, or any picture of whatever obscure make of antique vehicle you can find. Your "argument" is stupid.

74QEE
Post #1737

Watch whos car you call a shitbox...i dont see your rodeo doing mad 2nd gear burnouts in the wet.

lil_bobby_260
Post #1738

Just bought a Chrysler. 1980 CM. Iconic car i think - the last of the big ones i guess. THe relic of that classic 70's shape before it all went boxy and shit.
Its a 245 Hemi 6, factory 4 speed manual on the floor. Pretty good nick - needs rust repair and paint.
My first Mopar.
And yes, still got the Gal, the XB and the Lincoln etc. Hopefully sell the BMW soon.

74QEE
Post #1739

Dont want to hear about it..its not pre 79

lil_bobby_260
Post #1740

QUOTE (74QEE @ Sep 22 2011, 09:42 PM) *
Dont want to hear about it..its not pre 79

ahh... nick talking shit again?

74QEE
Post #1741

Ahaha as always man...always liked those late model chryslers, they were the last of a dying breed, along with wb holdens.

lil_bobby_260
Post #1742

Yeah thats it - last of a dying breed before it all want boxy and plastic. THeyre not the most beautiful of the chysler/dodge/plymouth family, but fuck it. Its a hemi, its a factory floor shift manual, and its mine. And its gonna be sexy as hell when its done.

74QEE
Post #1743

Seriously man how do you handle all these projects?

wbtonner
Post #1744

QUOTE (lil_bobby_260 @ Sep 22 2011, 09:48 PM) *
ahh... nick talking shit again?

TBH its Jay talking shit.

74QEE
Post #1745

Liar.

lil_bobby_260
Post #1746

QUOTE (74QEE @ Sep 22 2011, 10:05 PM) *
Seriously man how do you handle all these projects?

I need them dude. Otherwise i get bored. And with things like the Galaxie - i cant do much more until the right parts come along for a price im willing to pay, you know? So its just sitting stored.
The lincoln is a pretty big project i guess, i need to make a fibreglass dash with full autometer assortment, and door trims etc, then send the seats to the trimmers. Need to finish tidying up the welds from where the roof was removed too. Lot of work - and if im on one car for too long i get bored.
My XB is something im just plugging away at - waiting on parts from the states for it (and for the lincoln too) so there is a lot of down time.
BMW i just finished last weekend, was chewing up a lot of my time, but now its done i can sell it to pay for some of the work being done on the other cars.
I didnt REALLY need another project - all my garages are full at the moment - but i really wanted this car and it seemed like a good opportunity for the right price, so yeah. Ill make do.

-Jordan-
Post #1747

I know where you can pick up another sweet XB project....

ph34r.gif

HJ Jebby
Post #1748

QUOTE (lil_bobby_260 @ Sep 22 2011, 11:37 PM) *
I need them dude. Otherwise i get bored. And with things like the Galaxie - i cant do much more until the right parts come along for a price im willing to pay, you know? So its just sitting stored.
The lincoln is a pretty big project i guess, i need to make a fibreglass dash with full autometer assortment, and door trims etc, then send the seats to the trimmers. Need to finish tidying up the welds from where the roof was removed too. Lot of work - and if im on one car for too long i get bored.
My XB is something im just plugging away at - waiting on parts from the states for it (and for the lincoln too) so there is a lot of down time.
BMW i just finished last weekend, was chewing up a lot of my time, but now its done i can sell it to pay for some of the work being done on the other cars.
I didnt REALLY need another project - all my garages are full at the moment - but i really wanted this car and it seemed like a good opportunity for the right price, so yeah. Ill make do.

How do you afford them all.......you smugle in black tar heroin dont you ph34r.gif

wbtonner
Post #1749

QUOTE (-Jordan- @ Sep 22 2011, 11:39 PM) *
I know where you can pick up another sweet XB project....

ph34r.gif

laugh.gif

Round 2 for him haha.

Jeb, can I come pick up that steering box yet?
I want to move my carrrrrr.....

no more holdens
Post #1750

QUOTE (lil_bobby_260 @ Sep 22 2011, 09:36 PM) *
Just bought a Chrysler. 1980 CM. Iconic car i think - the last of the big ones i guess. THe relic of that classic 70's shape before it all went boxy and shit.
Its a 245 Hemi 6, factory 4 speed manual on the floor. Pretty good nick - needs rust repair and paint.
My first Mopar.

Yay !!!

A hemi in the stable
Well done
They are bad for rust the CL/CM vals, but for what they are ,theyre a nice car

Footnote to onesself
All holden red motors will be dusted and youll still have 2 gears left over

Id have one of these than the holden or ford equivelant of the time

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 50 of 107
Jump to page
24 User(s) are reading this topic (24 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x