Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 51 of 64
Jump to page
ITS2EZ
Post #1751

fk that dan did it blow?? or what. txt me if you want. that is a bitch!!!

bazr33
Post #1752

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jul 28 2011, 02:53 PM) *
dont know but when i find out il tell you, come down to the work shop il show you dyno sheet

thumbsup.gif

why you head butting the wall??? you're acting like no one has ever broken a 2j before.

Yeah well i am on my 2nd engine.
first one overheated due to the thermo fans stopped working. I was adamant that I could make it home without getting into red and be all good. Not the case.
Coilpacks started melting, head warped, and stunk like shit. haha.

BlueKE
Post #1753

Doesnt the drag Celica engine like blow up every run?

Get a billet block, 11k is not too much, haha

1.5jz cressida
Post #1754

lol done already ordered one. 2jz are strong motors but hey are not bullet proof, i know guys running stock motors running low 9s good on them, il have my car back on the road soon smile.gif

sleepercorty
Post #1755

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jul 28 2011, 06:25 PM) *
lol done already ordered one. 2jz are strong motors but hey are not bullet proof, i know guys running stock motors running low 9s good on them, il have my car back on the road soon smile.gif

at least we know you havent been soft and driving it like you should. it could be worse my mate has broken 2 2jzs in the last week lol hope you get it back on the road soon

blurayrx7
Post #1756

hey i got one as my work car ,stock 1.5j with 2way lsd, auto ,rebuilt 1jz vvti turbo running 10psi running 300rwhp or so its got anytime fitness on the sides .

pig060
Post #1757

thats no good dan.

bluray- pics or ban smile.gif

BlueKE
Post #1758

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jul 28 2011, 06:25 PM) *

Well you missed out on a fun night tonight, bloody freezing,

Give my jumper back!!

Got my mooves like Jagger!!!

pig060
Post #1759

alright ive got my new coilpacks so time to fit and wire up them. ive desided to upgrade my injectors to 1600cc to run e85 so my 870cc are forsale if anyone is interested? then just a few minor things to sort out then for a retune. bring on 500+hp smile.gif

blackers10
Post #1760

how much you chasing mate??

pig060
Post #1761

getting there slowly lol. new coilpack setup is in but just needs to be wired in. havnt had much time as of late but every spare minute ive been getting into it. not far away now then off for a new tune and put some boost into it smile.gif

jebby88
Post #1762

Hey guys in the near future i will be looking for a reasonably cheap daily, i was looking into the cressy's. Im wanting to get a later model (
92 ect) that is stock. I wont be doing any engine work but i will be lowering it and putting on a nice set of mags.

I was just wanting to know how the fuel economy is on the stock engines?

cheers

bazr33
Post #1763

Hey guys whats happening with peoples cressys?
Are we going to be seeing a couple at Jambo?

My car is at the point with putting in the id1000 injectors, plug and play v500, diff and couple of other little things.
Just waiting to be able to get my car in for a tune and set it up and see how it goes.

Definately not too far away now though. At the end of the year should be getting a full paint job from white to blue, and keeping my
eyes out for some dishy 16's, to keep it looking old skool

pig060
Post #1764

sounding good baz. i took mine for a drive around the block last night (privte road of course wink.gif and seems to be good. just got to finish off putting back together and a few things and put rego on it and im good to go smile.gif i wouldnt mind taking mine to the jap nats next month (got a few cressys going so far) at lakeside so ill see how i go. thinking i might buy some coilovers? but its not far off smile.gif thats for sure.

sleepercorty
Post #1765

i might take mine for a drive down to jambo but no cage so no racing for me this year. would love to have a cage ready for next year but

pig060
Post #1766

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Aug 24 2011, 08:39 PM) *
i might take mine for a drive down to jambo but no cage so no racing for me this year. would love to have a cage ready for next year but

i was hoping to race this year but didnt want to rush getting it there. hope to race next year. shane (1jz747) is racing im sure and would like to see some others???

sutututu
Post #1767

One of my mates had a mx73. hes a 3 year mechanic so he did all his own work. cut springs, completely dropped on it's ass, stockies on the back and "OK" black rims on the front, 5% tint, converted to manual just before he got rid of it, changed wires so to start it you had to turn the key then press in the lighter, the horn was a airhorn. because his salary was shit he didn't have much for engine work. he wanted a 2jz but he got caught driving with a defected car, no license, not desplaying l plates, no open license driver in the car with him. now he has over 4 grand in fines. will post pics later if i can find out how

massrod
Post #1768

Where was all the cressidas at powercruise??

BlueKE
Post #1769

Scottys was down there, instead of his 7sec corolla,

Another one has its motor sitting next to a UC Torana, baha

Hacketts Discount Tyres
Post #1770

I should have mine back soon..

sleepercorty
Post #1771

QUOTE (massrod @ Sep 13 2011, 10:15 AM) *
Where was all the cressidas at powercruise??

yeh there were 3 cressidas there, the blue one made 540rwhp on the dyno saturday night

pig060
Post #1772

good to see you didnt sell hackett smile.gif got any pics sleepercorty?

sleepercorty
Post #1773

QUOTE (pig060 @ Sep 13 2011, 04:02 PM) *
good to see you didnt sell hackett smile.gif got any pics sleepercorty?

no dont sorry, it will be getting tuned and raced in the next few weeks but. if he can get everything to work should run similar times to mine

bazr33
Post #1774

Mine will be getting a bit of a tune on Thursday with the updated setup from the safc to a wolf v500 amongst a couple of other things.

Will be awaiting the phone call close to the weekend hopefully with good news.

I think I might of mentioned it before somewhere about the half shafts on the mx73's. I have a spare set in the shed and was wondering if anyone knew if they can
be reinforced/cut and shut etc to make them stronger, and who would be the business to do it, or speak to? Cause the only weakest links in the car will be them and the gearbox.

pig060
Post #1775

baz- there was a guy on toymods that did a skyline diff swap in one (r32 or 33 diff) had a write up about it on his build thread. worth a look??? he only sold up not long ago.

bazr33
Post #1776

QUOTE (pig060 @ Sep 13 2011, 09:06 PM) *
baz- there was a guy on toymods that did a skyline diff swap in one (r32 or 33 diff) had a write up about it on his build thread. worth a look??? he only sold up not long ago.

Will have a squiz at it. Will see how the setup for the moment holds up.

Is anyone also familiar with ra65 celica diffs? I have fitted one with a truetrac LSD and noticed that the axle of the diff itself, has a bit of movement. (It can be pulled back and forth maybe about 10mm or so)
Is it ok to have this type of movement?

The LSD was installed by a reputable person, and they were a bit unsure if the movement was normal.

Hacketts Discount Tyres
Post #1777

no one wanted for a good price so had to throw more money at it. I ordered a mint set of R33 GTR wheels from J land for it should be fun to thrash once i get my licence back.

_Ben
Post #1778

Can anyone tell me about the different trim level etc between GLs and GLXs. The car I'm interested in is a 1989 model, and I was just wondering what the main differences are smile.gif

sleepercorty
Post #1779

so my new turbo is on the way and 6 point cage is also paid for so its getting slightly out of hand now lol 40psi pump e85 here we come

bazr33
Post #1780

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Sep 23 2011, 08:49 PM) *
so my new turbo is on the way and 6 point cage is also paid for so its getting slightly out of hand now lol 40psi pump e85 here we come

wooohoo!! hahaha what turbo is going on?
sounds interesting, you sure you don't want to go to 42 or 45psi? hahaha. can't wait to see it.

sleepercorty
Post #1781

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Sep 23 2011, 09:37 PM) *
wooohoo!! hahaha what turbo is going on?
sounds interesting, you sure you don't want to go to 42 or 45psi? hahaha. can't wait to see it.

turbo is new Precision 6766 billet CEA they have only been released for a couple of days rated to around 950hp should make around 650rwhp on 30-35psi and eventually goal is 700+hp 40psi. 40psi is about as far as we will go with pump e85 fuel

bazr33
Post #1782

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Sep 23 2011, 10:09 PM) *
turbo is new Precision 6766 billet CEA they have only been released for a couple of days rated to around 950hp should make around 650rwhp on 30-35psi and eventually goal is 700+hp 40psi. 40psi is about as far as we will go with pump e85 fuel

how do you go with the e85? does your ecu familiarize itself if the mixture is slightly different to whichever petrol station you get it from?

Sounds pretty crazy anyway. Is already one mean cressida.

Should have mine tuned next week. Sounds crap compared to yours haha. Just have a garrett t04z that I am hoping to put 20-25psi through it. Hoping to get close to 500hp though.

sleepercorty
Post #1783

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Sep 24 2011, 07:27 AM) *
how do you go with the e85? does your ecu familiarize itself if the mixture is slightly different to whichever petrol station you get it from?

Sounds pretty crazy anyway. Is already one mean cressida.

Should have mine tuned next week. Sounds crap compared to yours haha. Just have a garrett t04z that I am hoping to put 20-25psi through it. Hoping to get close to 500hp though.

i test the e85 my self and change the tune as required on the go. would love to get a new haltech with the e85 sensor but thats out of the budget for now.
yours shouldnt have to much drama with 500hp with that kind of boost. mine made 450rwhp on pump fuel with similar turbo on 19psi

1.5jz cressida
Post #1784

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Sep 24 2011, 08:42 AM) *
i test the e85 my self and change the tune as required on the go. would love to get a new haltech with the e85 sensor but thats out of the budget for now.
yours shouldnt have to much drama with 500hp with that kind of boost. mine made 450rwhp on pump fuel with similar turbo on 19psi

mate sounds like you have a plan, should be good when its all running right smile.gif

mine is getting worked over shortly, still sussing out what damage i actually did hopefully the head is ok, if so new bottom end with the works, new turbo, injectors, paint and cage and im done. il be happy with a low 10

1.5jz cressida
Post #1785

QUOTE (_Ben @ Sep 23 2011, 05:18 PM) *
Can anyone tell me about the different trim level etc between GLs and GLXs. The car I'm interested in is a 1989 model, and I was just wondering what the main differences are smile.gif

well the 1989 is the beginning of the mx83 so all velour or if you get the series 2 can come in tan leather or grey but thats the 1991 onwards. pending what colour will either be brown or blue for the velour, the mx73 (the squarer one) is also velour more old school look but pretty sure its just red or grey

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 51 of 64
Jump to page
39 User(s) are reading this topic (39 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x